Would you like to quench your thirst for refreshing margarita quotes?
The margarita is one of the most popular drinks in the United States.
What is the origin of the margarita?
If you are interested in learning more about the history of the margarita, check out these facts below:
- February 22 marks National Margarita Day.
- ᐧNo one knows the drink’s origin.
- First accounts of the drink date back to 1937.
Rumors exist, attributing the drink’s origin to various people.
Margarita Sames was an American socialite who also made the drink famous in 1948.
Adapting soft-serve ice cream technology, Mariano Martinez created the first frozen margarita machine in 1971.
Margarita means “daisy” in Spanish.
The ‘daisy’ was a drink enjoyed during the Prohibition years.
Some believe the drink, the ‘daisy,’ is the inspiration that created the margarita.
People from all over the US have laid claim to creating the margarita.
Some believe the drink originates in old western saloons on the border of the United States and Mexico.
Other legends suggest bootleggers created the drink in Chicago during Prohibition.
The mystique that shrouds its origin is part of what gives the drink such a rich history.
Most people who make the cocktail agree that the balance of sweet and sour provides the tastebud experience that keeps people coming back for more.
Relax and have a cold beverage with these informative margarita quotes.
Funny margarita quotes
For some people, life’s hilarious moments occur when margaritas are present.
1. “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” — Jimmy Buffett
2. “There’s really no wrong way to use a margarita pool.” — Will Forte
3. “That’s what my perfume would smell like, margarita and vodka.” — Chelsea Handler
4. “The margaritas always taste better in Mexico.” — Richard Shepard
5. “It’s 4:58 on Friday afternoon. Do you know where your margarita is?” — Amy Neftzger
6. “That’s the last time I put you in charge of the tequila when we’re making margaritas.” — JoAnne Kenrick
7. “A good margarita, a good red wine. I like expensive alcohol, but not a lot of it. I don’t like to throw up.” — Denise Richards
8. “We usually have margaritas on Thursdays, but since it’s Tuesday, I’ll make an exception.” — Chelsea Handler
9. “If liking Katy Perry and drinking margaritas is gay, then who wants to be straight?” — James Franco
10. “Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a large margarita.” — Maxine
Drinking margaritas quotes
Margaritas are associated with a life of leisure. These quotes honor that tradition.
11.” Margaritas are my favorite. And my fiancé makes them just perfect.” — Garance Dore
12. “Today, the tequila-laced margarita is the most popular mixed drink in America.” — Anthony Dias Blue
13. “When it comes to making the ultimate margarita, the key is in the balance between the sweet, the tart, and the feisty.” — W. Park Kerr
14. “I call it the Margarita Road. It’s the course your heart sets when you want to leave the past behind and start over someplace new and warm.” — Anthony Lee Head
15. “I believe — to the best of my recollection, anyway — that I soon made the classic error of moving from margaritas to actual shots of straight tequila. It does make it easier to meet new people.” — Anthony Bourdain
16. “If you put down a list of jobs, doctor, lawyer, janitor, teacher or movie star, everybody would pick the movie star. And why? So you could lie around the pool, drink margaritas and send money to your parents. So that’s what I did.” — Steve Guttenberg
17. “If you’re like most members of the Baby Boom generation, you decided somewhere along the line, probably after about four margaritas, to have children.” — Dave Barry
18. “My doctor was like, ‘Any questions?’ And I was like, ‘Yes! When can I drink, please?’ I just want a margarita.” — Keira Knightley
19. “I don’t want to sit around by the pool luxuriating with a margarita. That’s just not what I want to do.” — Nicolas Cage
20. “The perfect recipe for a margarita is 2 ounces tequila, 2 ounces fresh lime juice, 1 ounce Cointreau, and a tiny splash of some kind of an agave or orange juice.” — Mario Batali
Quotes and saying about margaritas
Below are some margarita quotes from margarita enthusiasts from various walks of life.
21. “To remove blood stains from your conscience, try frozen margaritas.” — Demetri Martin
22. “A quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert.” — Hunter S. Thompson
23. “A great Margarita enhances–and does not mask–the essence of these tequilas.” — Kim Haasarud
24. “A great margarita–a real margarita–must contain three primary ingredients: real tequila, real orange liqueur, and real freshly squeezed or lime juice.” — Al Lucero
25. “The margarita is always beckoning us to celebrate the lush heat of tequila and the citrusy zest of orange and lime.” — W. Park Kerr
26. “For one week, all I could think about was drinking margaritas–well, that and running my tongue along Reyes’s teeth–but I didn’t have salt–or Reyes’s teeth. ” — Darynda Jones
27. “Soon I’ll be putting up polls to choose between plots, and then it’s a short stop to accepting anonymous contributions and stapling them together while I sip margaritas on the deck of a Pacific cruise ship.” — Max Barry
28. “Over the summer, we chatted one night while Angie stripped a bed, changed wet sheets, comforted and repajamaed a toddler, and chased down a car of speeding teenagers while shaking a brick at them, never once interrupting the conversation or setting down her margarita.” — Jen Lancaster
29. “Fire and water, sweet and sour—this is the balancing act that goes into the perfect Margarita.” — Kim Haasarud
30. “I’d also lacked the energy to leave my apartment to get some or the desire to stoop low enough to beg Reyes to let me lick his teeth after what he did, so I could only wish for a margarita. And dream of Reyes’steeth.” — Darynda Jones
Margarita quotes from songs
The margarita has a soundtrack and has been the muse for many songs.
31. “So we put our drinks together / And toasted rainy weather / And the women that had done us wrong / Then we threw back margaritas.” — Alan Jackson
32. “We can do the bar / Sip margaritas / Stay on the floor / Go with me for a ride / Aren’t you feeling nice? / Doesn’t It feel nice? / Is everybody high.” — Pat Brown
33. “I’ll trade you 20 Margaritas for your moonshine / ’Cause I like to have a party all the time.” — Kenny Alphin
34. “We’re just drinking margaritas at the mall / That’s what this stuff adds up to after all / Magenta, orange, acid green / Peacock blue and mercury / Drinking margaritas at the mall.” — David Berman
35. “Farther south, where the sweet tequila flows / Tiny clothes, Yo te amo, México.” — Sante Pucello
36. “I’m on Patron / Tequila / I’m drunk on margarita / That Patron / Tequila / Me and my mamacita.” — Esther Dean
37. “They are all wondering what I’m gonna do / Oh my hand’s on the glass / It’s my last margarita / And my mind is on you.” — David Loggins
38. “Oh, tonight, I need a margarita, and I need it bad. I’m hoping that the tequila is gonna take me back. Give me the salt and the lime.” — Dana Hunt
39. “I’ll trade you 20 Margaritas for your moonshine / ’Cause I hear that stuff can really blow your mind.” — Kenny Alphin
40. “Two pieces shaking, white caps a-breaking / We ain’t feeling no pain, it goes like / One margarita, two margarita, three margarita, shot / Don’t worry ’bout tomorrow.” — Josh Thompson
Master margarita quotes
The cocktail requires a perfect balance of sweet and sour; not everyone holds the master of margaritas title.
41. “There are many people who claim to have invented the Margarita, which, as Spanish for ‘daisy’ and a popular woman’s name, would have been a very common name for a drink.” — Simon Difford
42. “The margarita–the drink that’s a lifestyle!” — W. Park Kerr
43. “Frozen margarita mixes are usually made with crazy amounts of sugar.” — Bethenny Frankel
44. “The margarita’s beauty and allure is steeped in mystery.” — W. Park Kerr
45. “The story goes that the Margarita was created by a woman named Margarita Sames.” — Kim Haasarud
46. “What constitutes a truly great margarita is not that easy to define. It is at once elusive and unforgiving.” — Al Lucero
47. “It sucks, but no Long Islands or margaritas when you drink. It has to be straight vodka.” — Nicole Polizzi
48. “Two things Florida can teach the other 49 states: how to make a good margarita and how to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane.” — Tom Feeney
49. “The Master and Margarita are my favorites. To me, it’s the greatest exploration of the human imagination.” — Daniel Radcliffe
50. “A balance of sweet and sour notes with the right amount of tequila is what makes a good Margarita great.” — Kim Haasarud
The Margarita: A Classic Drink For Everyone
Today, people enjoy margaritas at lightning speed.
Americans drink 185,000 margaritas per hour! That is 4,440,000 margaritas per day.
We all have days when we do not have high energy.
Sometimes we just want to relax and have a margarita.
American author Darynda Jones wrote, “I’d secretly hoped a margarita would magically appear in my hand, but that would mean I would have to put down the remote, and God knew that was not going to happen.”
Who has not felt like her at some point?
Margaritas may not fall out of the sky and magically appear in our hands.
However, there are many ways to enjoy the drink for margarita lovers.
Some like it on the rocks; others prefer it frozen.
How do you want to drink margaritas?
Do you have any other favorite margarita quotes and sayings to add?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.