These Grace and Frankie quotes will make you laugh.
Grace and Frankie is a hit comedy series that circled around the life of Grace, played by Jane Fonda and Frankie, played by Lily Tomlin.
Grace is a cosmetics mogul while Frankie is an art teacher. They have different personalities and didn’t like each other from the start. The two are unlikely friends in the first part of the show.
However, the two began forming a friendly bond soon after their own husbands filed for divorce to marry each other.
Even after six seasons, viewers have not gotten tired of this series which has filled everyone’s homes with laughter and heartfelt lessons to learn from.
When their husbands, who were successful divorce lawyers planned to separate from them and tie the knot together, the two’s world were devastated.
Together, they decided to live and conquer life with medical scares, business ventures, personal issues, and aging.
From not liking each other, Grace and Frankie formed a strong bond that would last them a lifetime. Enjoy these Grace and Frankie quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Emily in Paris quotes that give you a taste of France.
Grace and Frankie quotes from Grace Hanson
1. “Fuck my hell!” — Grace Hanson
2. “We are both formidable people who detest children.” — Grace Hanson
3. “You know, at my age I only have one speed: breakneck. Of course I don’t call it that. Because it is a very real fear.” — Grace Hanson
4. “I don’t know why she has to blow everything out of proportion. Ya know, I might have said some terrible things to her but I was drunk. I didn’t mean it.” — Grace Hanson
5. “You play like an Amish kid!” — Grace Hanson
6. “Hope is over-rated.” — Grace Hanson
7. “Soulmate! Now there there is a meaningless concept.” — Grace Hanson
8. “Would you mind taking me back home or setting me on fire?” — Grace Hanson
9. “Oh, you’re crying! There’s a whole world in here!” — Grace Hanson
10. “Am I supposed to be able to smell color?” — Grace Hanson
11. “I played by all the rules! Why didn’t you tell me there weren’t any rules, it’s not fair!” — Grace Hanson
12. “If anyone’s going to sit on Ryan Gosling’s face, it’s gonna be me!” — Grace Hanson
13. “Bring me a glass and a shrimp cocktail but hold the shrimp. I will DIY a Bloody Mary.” — Grace Hanson
14. “Have you met me? I avoid all hard conversations. It’s why I carry hard liquor.” — Grace Hanson
15. “Frankie! I told you, I’m not going to do a sex podcast with you!” — Grace Hanson
16. “Imagine if we got Fonzie to sit on it!” — Grace Hanson
17. “I had a roommate who once used my underpants as a napkin.” — Grace Hanson
Grace and Frankie quotes from Frankie Bergstein
18. “I gained another pound today. But I think it’s a pound of knowledge.” — Frankie Bergstein
19. “If you’re going into the kitchen could you get me two whiskey sours? One for each hand.” — Frankie Bergstein
20. “When you left, I thought my life was over. I can’t sleep in that big fucking bed without him. But I did it. And now I love having that bed to myself, it’s fantastic, I sleep in a giant X! You know what this means? Im okay, and I’m going to be okay. Ta-da, congratulate me.” — Frankie Bergstein
21. “This is not the energy I wanted to start my vision quest with.” — Frankie Bergstein
22. “Have you ever wondered if Ben and Jerry make more than ice cream together?” — Frankie Bergstein
23. “You should probably brace yourself for some light vomiting followed by life-altering hallucinations.” — Frankie Bergstein
24. “I struggle to believe you.” — Frankie Bergstein
25. “You can’t see me, you can’t stop me.” — Frankie Bergstein
26. “Isn’t it a little early for that watermelon to be drunk? I’m talking about you, Grace. You’re the watermelon.” — Frankie Bergstein
27. “Why would you yell at a golden retriever? They’re like living hugs!” — Frankie Bergstein
28. “Once you see the real me, you are gonna run for the hills.” — Frankie Bergstein
29. “Everybody needs to toughen up and get me resurrected before I really lose my shit!” — Frankie Bergstein
30. “No, no, that wasn’t a stroke. They hadn’t perfected edibles back then.” — Frankie Bergstein
31. “I don’t need anybody but me to tell me that I’m an artist.” — Frankie Bergstein
32. “Your anger is frightening the sand.” — Frankie Bergstein
33. “I see what you’re doing. Accidental meeting. Erica Kane did that to Dimitri Marick on All My Children. Someone ended up dying, then coming back as a twin, and then dying again in a grain silo. I like it.” — Frankie Bergstein
34. “The house is ready for the Chin family. Do you think I should leave them some sage, so that they can get rid of our juju?” — Frankie Bergstein
Grace and Frankie quotes from conversations between the two
35. Grace: “You are in need of some serious cheering up.”
Frankie: “I’m not without cheer. I’m a little down. It’s an honest down, and since you are so up, there’s a homeostatic balance.”
36. Grace: “Fold the corners. No, fold. Fold the corners.”
Frankie: “They’re round. They do not fold. Anyone who can do this is a powerful witch.”
Grace: “Well, I can do it.”
Frankie: “I rest my case.”
37. Grace: “Sol’s probably going to ask you to do an interpretive dance.”
Frankie: “I don’t think I can. I mean, I could. I mean, I usually see where my body takes me in the moment.”
38. Frankie: “Is that why you’re wearing that ass hugging dress?”
Grace: “Exactly. Yes. When I walk into Larry’s house, everybody’s going to look at me and say, ‘What a waste?’”
Frankie: “Wouldn’t they be saying that when you walk out?”
39. Frankie: “I’m an amateur sleuth with an unimpeachable track record. “
Grace: “Solving the mystery of who put Jolly Ranchers in the blender isn’t much of a track record.”
40. Grace: “Okay, that lacked poise. And I’m sorry, but I refuse to be irrelevant.”
Frankie: “It’s okay. I learned something. We’ve got a super power.”
Grace: “You stole those?”
Frankie: “You can’t see me, you can’t stop me.”
41. Frankie Bergstein: “Oh, so it’s okay for you to spend time with your ex-husband, but not me.”
Grace Hanson: “It’s okay if my six-foot-four, still boyishly good-looking lover’s gonna be here.”
Grace and Frankie quotes from Brianna Hanson
42. “I lost both my virginities in this house, it’s my house.” — Brianna Hanson
43. “Not a people person, are you? I like that about you.” — Brianna Hanson
44. “It’s a very delicate balance of cannabis, 12-year Scotch and Zoloft.” — Brianna Hanson
45. “I want a man who’s there when I want him and gone when I don’t, and is affectionate, not too much, and has great hair and good hygiene.” — Brianna Hanson
Grace and Frankie quotes from conversation between Grace and Robert Hanson
46. Robert Hanson: “Grace. Can I talk to you for a second, please?”
Grace Hanson: “I don’t know. Not talking is your forte.”
47. Robert Hanson: “Well, I’m talking now, and I’m sorry. I just never thought you’d be this upset.”
Grace Hanson: “What did you think I’d be?”
Robert Hanson: “I honestly thought you’d be relieved.”
Grace Hanson: “Relieved? Really? I think relief is what you’re feeling.”
48. Grace Hanson: “I’m feeling like the last forty years have been a fraud.”
Robert Hanson: “Now come on, only the last twenty years were a fraud. That’s a joke.”
Grace Hanson: “No, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to pretend that this is nothing.”
Robert Hanson: “No. You’re right. It is not nothing. And I should have told you a long time ago. But let’s be honest. Were you ever really happy with me?”
Grace Hanson: “I was happy enough. So we didn’t have the romance of the century. But I thought we were normal. I thought we were like everybody else. I thought this was life.”
Grace and Frankie quotes from Nwabudike Bergstein
49. “Nwabudike. Can you spell that? Do you wanna try?” — Nwabudike Bergstein
50. “Why does Nelson think that I am a drug addict? Can you explain to him that you are the addict and that I am the black one?” — Nwabudike Bergstein
In its first season, the show received mixed reviews from critics but it has gained the popularity it deserved upon from the second season up to its last because of its lovely plot.
The hit Netflix show has gathered many awards since then, including a Golden Globe Award nomination, Primetime Emmy Award nominations, and more. It is a hit among viewers that the show is coming back from season seven.
Grace and Frankie may have featured the lives of two female senior citizens who were dealing with legal separations, love and friendship but it also touches the heart of the younger generation. It teaches everyone the beauty of loving oneself, forming lasting friendships, forgiving, and moving on.
This series is a must-watch, as you can see from these Grace and Frankie quotes and sayings, for those who want to have a good laugh while learning along its episodes.
October 28, 2021 7:00 AM EST