The Powerpuff Girls Quotes About The Pint-Sized Superheroes
March 14, 2023 7:00 AM EST
The Powerpuff Girls is an American superhero animated television series centered around three kindergarten-aged girls, created for Cartoon Network.
The show was originally supposed to be titled, Whoopass Stew!
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by Dr. Erica Scharrer at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, children’s programming with strong female characters, such as The Powerpuff Girls, positively impacts viewers.
This research shows that exposure to empowering female role models in media can lead to more gender-equitable attitudes and behaviors among viewers.
Thinking about Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles opening up a can of whoop-ass is just too funny.
However, as you will see from these The Powerpuff Girls quotes, they were more than capable of “bringing it!”
The show originally aired in 1998 and ran until 2005.
It started off with the three original Powerpuff Girls, accidentally created by Professor Utonium.
The girls are often called upon by the mayor of Townsville to save the day.
These The Powerpuff Girls quotes from Mojo Jojo illustrate just the type of villainous activity that would break out.
Now, you might have heard chatter about whether there was a fourth Powerpuff Girl.
The answer is yes!
Keep reading through these The Powerpuff Girls quotes to learn more about Blisstina and further adaptations of the show.
Don’t forget to also check out these Minnie Mouse quotes from everyone’s favorite polka dot obsessed girl.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
The Powerpuff Girls quotes about sisterhood and sources of power
A 2020 Harris Poll found that 74% of respondents recalled watching The Powerpuff Girls during childhood, reflecting the show’s wide-reaching influence.
The poll indicates that The Powerpuff Girls’ quotes and messages have left a lasting impact on a large audience, providing entertainment and inspiration.
1. “She is our sister. And as sisters, we have an intrinsic duty to uphold peace.” — Blossom
2. “I’ll prove that I can be… HARDCORE!” — Bubbles
3. “Being a powerpuff girl isn’t about getting your way. It’s about using your own unique abilities to help people and the world we all live in.” — Blossom
You will also enjoy our article on bubble quotes.
4. “And we’re not afraid of anything as long as we have each other.” — Blossom
5. “She was good after all. We were the ones who were bad.” — Bubbles
6. “And we’re not afraid of anything as long as we have each other.” — Blossom
7. “It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.” — Buttercup
8. “Those people aren’t our loved ones. Our loved ones would never want to hurt us!” — Buttercup
9. “Oh, it’s cause I have ice power and they don’t and they’re all jealous.” — Blossom
10. “You can’t just buy superpowers.” — Buttercup
You will also enjoy our article on books on creativity.
The Powerpuff Girls quotes from Bubbles
11. “I’m gonna be the prettiest girl at the party!” — Bubbles
12. “There’s nothing wrong with talking to yourself.” — Bubbles
13. “You should do what you want to do.” — Bubbles
14. “I’ve had it with your insubordination.” — Bubbles
15. “I’m the cutest and the favorite.” — Bubbles
16. “Let’s go home and make tacos.” — Bubbles
17. “I want to wreak vengeance on those who have forsaken me.” — Bubbles
18. “‘Fraid I’ll whoop the spit out of you?” — Bubbles
19. “Yeah, we’re the Powerpuff Girls.” — Bubbles
20. “Squirrels eat nuts, stupid.” — Bubbles
The Powerpuff Girls quotes from Buttercup
Research by Dr. Rebecca Hains from Salem State University reveals that The Powerpuff Girls was one of the first children’s TV shows to challenge gender stereotypes by presenting female superheroes as strong and capable leaders.
This groundbreaking show paved the way for future media, encouraging viewers to embrace and celebrate empowered female characters.
21. “I’m… sorry!” — Buttercup
22. “Who you calling cute?” — Buttercup
23. “Whose dumb idea was it to walk, anyway? Anyone can see these feet aren’t made for walking!” — Buttercup
24. “This is the professor. He’s sort of our dad. Ge created us in his laboratory.” — Buttercup
25. “I am a good fighter.” — Buttercup
26. “I see a knuckle sandwich in her future.” — Buttercup
27. “Wow, this has turned out to be one freaky day.” — Buttercup
28. “Careful Bubbles, your ego is showing.” — Buttercup
29. “Yeah… but it’s a skill you can’t do. And you can’t do!” — Buttercup
30. “Give me a break you two. Yap, yap, yap. Can I toss this guy already?” — Buttercup
The Powerpuff Girls quotes from Blossom
31. “Don’t you know you can never beat us?” — Blossom
32. “I guess we shouldn’t judge people by what they look like.” — Blossom
33. “If you can’t take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!” — Blossom
34. “You said to give everyone a little time to understand our specialness.” — Blossom
35. “Scissors beats paper!” — Blossom
36. “Don’t worry, Dexter. It’s gonna be okay. I won’t let anything happen to you! I’ll always be by your side! I just want you to know that I…I…” — Blossom
37. “Let’s do things like we always do…” — Blossom
38. “Mess with me, will ya!?” — Blossom
39. “I really hate to do this, but you left me no choice. You’ve officially ticked me off. AND I’M NOT IN A VERY FORGIVING MOOD!” — Blossom
40. “Kinda funny… how the people we take for granted …are the ones we would miss most.” — Blossom
The Powerpuff Girls quotes from the villainous Mojo Jojo and some adult humor
41. “The city of Townsville… I hate you! I do not enjoy the fact that three superhero female children take up residence in you.” — Mojo Jojo
42. “Very well, then. I will tell you my favorite story… about the greatest conqueror who ever lived! NAPOLEON!” — Mojo Jojo
43. “Prepare your tastebuds for delight! For I, Mojo Jojo, am not only the number one villain in Townsville, but I am also… the number one chef in Townsville!” — Mojo Jojo
44. “You don’t want to kick my butt; my butt is as rotten as yours. What you want are butts settled on the throne of justice!” — Mojo Jojo
45. “I must remember to destroy those kids after my breakfast has been eaten.” — Mojo Jojo
46. “One egg left?! For a nutritious breakfast, two eggs is the minimum requirement.” — Mojo Jojo
47. “Some day we’ll be as developed as you.” — Bubbles
48. “Why shouldn’t you put a toaster in a bathtub.” — Blossom
49. “I now understand why Mojo’s always robbing banks.” — Buttercup
50. “Don’t worry professor, I was an accident too!” — Robin
Which of these The Powerpuff Girls quotes is your favorite?
So, just who is Blisstina, and when does she make an appearance on the show?
Bliss entered the series during The Powerpuff Girls: Power of Four in 2017.
According to Cartoon Network, long before he created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, Professor Utonium created a little girl named Bliss.
But, she mysteriously disappeared.
Years later, as a teenager, Bliss returned to discover she has three superhero sisters.
Bubbles originally thought she was her imaginary friend!
Now, The CW’s reboot of the popular cartoon has been canceled for “being too campy.”
However, just because the pilot wasn’t a success doesn’t mean The CW has given up on the idea completely.
They are simply going back to the drawing board and trying again.
CW Chairman and CEO said that “In this case, the pilot didn’t work.
But because we see enough elements in there, we’re going to give it another shot.
We didn’t want to go forward with what we had.”
Did you enjoy reading these The Powerpuff Girls quotes and sayings?
Are you still holding out hope?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!