If you’re passionate about bikes, you’ll enjoy reading these Harley Davidson quotes.
But before we move to the quotes section, let’s share some words about Harley-Davidson bikes.
This will help you understand how Harley’s journey started and why the bikes are so popular worldwide.
So, let’s dive in!
How Harley Davidson started its journey
The story of Harley Davidson started in a small town named Milwaukee, located in Wisconsin, USA.
It was the era of the 1900s, and people were getting mad about bikes.
So, William S. Harley thought of building a customized bike that meets the personal needs of every biker.
Once he completed the drawings of a small engine, Harley joined hands with Walter Davidson to create an iconic “Motor-Bicycle.”
The first model they produced was completed in 1903, and it became a successful bike for plain roads.
The only issue was the lack of power felt by the rider when climbing hills.
So, Harley and Davidson started working on an improved engine.
As a result, they were successful in building a bigger and more powerful engine.
Once entirely built, they took their bike to a local bike race in 1904 and secured fourth place.
Now the bike was popular as Harley-Davidson bike, and their engine alone was featured in the “Automobile and Cycle Trade Journal” (January 1905 edition).
Eventually, after four months, the production of Harley-Davidson bikes was started.
The production was too slow, and the company produced only five bikes in the first five years.
Some important facts about Harley-Davidson
Here are some important and interesting facts about Harley-Davidson that you might like to know.
- The Carl H. Lang of Chicago was the first Harley-Davidson dealer, which sold three of the total five bikes.
- By 1906, Harley-Davidson started its production in the first factory.
- They sped up their production and built 50 motorcycles in their first year.
- The factory where earlier Harley Davidson bikes were produced is now turned into the Harley-Davidson.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of biker quotes about biker culture and life lessons.
Top 10 Harley Davidson quotes
To start with, here are the top 10 Harley Davidson quotes to entertain you.
1. “Well, I’m a Harley Babe.” — Laura Schlessinger
2. “Harley-Davidson,” she said. “Sweet.” — Steig Larsson
3. “I’m a pretty informal guy. I ride a Harley.” — Francis Collins
4. “I wonder if Harley-Davidson makes a unicycle.” — Michael Hedges
5. “Harley-Davidson is the finest company in the world.” — Evel Knievel
6. “Harley riders are Harley riders, there’s always that commonality.” — Gary Dodd
7. “I’d rather put on a pair of jeans and get on my Harley and act like a guy.” — Charlize Theron
8. “Only a Harley biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “You don’t buy a Harley with your mind, you buy it with your heart and your balls.”— Robert Patrick
10. “It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” — Ursula K. Le Guin
Harley Davidson quotes from Hardcore Bikers
These Harley Davidson quotes are associated with hardcore bikers.
11. “The Harley’s got a little too much torque when it comes to jumping.”— Evel Knievel
12. “Some take drugs, some drink bottles, I solve my problems by twisting throttles of my Harley.” — Joshua Mendale
13. “Motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson is a prime example of an American company that uses employment conditions to boost productivity.” — James O’Toole
14. “Do I race motorcycles? I do. I use the word ‘race’ because I admit, what I do on a motocross bike is different than riding a Harley down the street.”— Jeff Kent
15. “I started when I was seven years old so I was on 50, 60 cc Suzuki and then I went up to a Yamaha 125, and then my sister was 16 and she was racing a Harley Davidson 750.” — Amy Weber
16. “When riding my old Harley a ninety per at midnight down the Via Roma in Naples, I kept one consolation firmly in mind: If anything goes wrong, I’ll never have time to regret it.” — Edward Abbey
17. “The reason I’m here today, the reason I own a brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle and the reason I have a big log cabin and I got cars and all kinds of stuff is because I’m a writer and writers own everything. So you learn how to write.”— Dan Aykroyd
18. “When I first started seeing (the show) come together, I was blown away. It is unbelievable. And to see Vince singing, and behind him, girls hanging by chains, and Harleys on the stage and the pyrotechnics going it’s like, this is what I want to see in rock ‘n’ roll.” — Nikki Sixx
19. “At first, being a female role model really terrified me. But it hasn’t turned out to be an awful burden. I get a lot of letters from women who tell me that, after watching Xena, they have bought the Harley-Davidson they always wanted or left an abusive relationship.” — Lucy Lawless
Harley Davidson quotes to rev your heart
Look at these Harley Davidson quotes to fuel your passion for Harley bikes.
20. “One of the things about the whole Harley motorcycle culture is that it’s a little bit renegade.” — John Travolta
21. “It is the biker’s code not to give a shit about what others think. Only fake bikers have an image to maintain.”— Unknown
22. “I’m not keen on cars and motorbikes. I tried to be a biker, but it wasn’t me – I bought a Harley-Davidson and dumped it.” — Colin Farrell
23. “The funny thing is, when a Harley-Davidson guy full of tattoos comes out with a Maltese, they’re trying to soften themselves out.” — Cesar Millan
24. “It really was a hell of a motorcycle… It was arguably the first American motorcycle company, beating Harley by a year or so. Indian was the standard by which everything was gauged.” — Jerry Springer
25. “[My hair] creates this Tarzanesque, likable bad-boy image. It says, ‘I am a wild child. I will take you on a Harley ride, then make passionate love to you. And should you be attacked by a lion or an idiot at a bar, I will protect you.’” — Bret Michaels
26. “I’d always thought that heavy metal—what I knew of it, anyway—was for tragic losers with acne and inch-thick glasses who fantasized about slaying dragons and riding Harleys, failing to realize at the time that the only loser was me.” — Joel McIver
27. “Now I think that this attention doesn’t have the strength of reality of the people it aspires to know and that as long as Harley-Davidsons are manufactured other bike riders will appear, riding unknown and beautiful through Chicago, into the streets of Cicero.” — Danny Lyon
28. “Its symbols are Harley-Davidson motorcycles and Cadillac motorcars hoisted from the roadways, where they once represented a mode of transportation, to the marquees of global market cafés like Harley-Davidson’s and the Hard Rock where they become icons of lifestyle.” — Benjamin Barber
29. “I really like playing other people. There is no other feeling like it, to have a different voice come out of you and to have a different life for a couple of hours. I like being myself. But maybe it’s like you ride a bike every day and someone says, ‘For two hours tonight do you want to ride this Harley?’ You’d be like, ‘OK yeah!’” — Cristin Milioti
Harley Davidson quotes with a wow factor
These Harley Davidson quotes are bound to amaze you.
30. “Be a proud and happy owner of Harley Davidson.” — Unknown
31. “Don’t Be Sad If You Don’t Have A Girlfriend To Hug You, You Can Always Hug Your Harley Davidson.” — Unknown
32. “I have this vintage Harley-Davidson motorcycle jacket. When I put it on, it has this super cool feeling to it.” — Alicia Keys
33. “What do Harley-Davidson, LEGO, and Apple have in common? They’re all based on communities.” — Martin Lindstrom
34. “I’m a big bike fan—my homies got Harleys and all kind of choppers—but to be honest I’m scared to ride motorcycles like that.” — Gucci Mane
35. “Harley ride is amazing. Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere; and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.” — Bret Peckel
36. “I believe many Harley guys spend more time revving their engines than actually driving anywhere; I sometimes wonder why they bother to have wheels on their motorcycles.” — Dave Barry
37. “There was this kind of mildly annoying mythology about conductor Like biker should riding a Harley-Davidson on an LP cover, and wearing a sort of a leather suit.” — Esa-Pekka Salonen
Other attention-grabbing Harley Davidson quotes
These Harley Davidson quotes are inspirational enough to immediately grab your attention.
38. “Harley Davidson doesn’t leak oil, they just make their territory.” — Den Baker
39. “Only Badass People Love To Ride Harley Davidson Motorcycles.” — Jonathon Sessi
40. “No matter how bad your day is, your Harley will always make you feel better.” — Unknown
41. “The sound that a motorcycle makes is deafening yet the most soothing sound ever.” — Denville Troop
42. “If you haven’t gone on a road trip with your buddies on a motorcycle, you’re missing out on life.” — Jennifer Howard
43. “I had a bike the first time I moved to L.A. I had a Honda, and I got around on that. But I’d never ridden Harleys.” — John Travolta
44. “My life is like a Harley Ride. When I’m on my bike that’s really one of the places I feel completely at home.” — Brantley Gilbert
45. “I don’t know if this qualifies as gentle reassurance, but right now this is all that stands between me and a Harley-Davidson.” — Colin Firth
Harley Davidson Quotes to Appreciate Your Bike Speed
46. “There’s nothing like a Harley-Davidson for getting around mud holes, rocks, and wagon ruts on dirt roads – or for making an impression on girls.” ― Olive Ann Burns
47. “Riding a bike is like an art,something you do because feel something inside.” ― Valentino Rossi
48. “Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve Mcqueen
49. “When Freedoms Live, We Ride; When We Ride, Freedoms Live.” ― Foster Kinn
50. “Bikers and veterans go hand in hand and I can assure you that we never forget. That rumbling sound you hear when a group of bikes come together is not noise sir, it is the harmony of brotherhood coming together for a purpose and cause.” ― Crysta Baker
51. “Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.” ― Paul Payne
52. “The sun on your back. Two fists in the wind. And the horizon teasing you farther down a great road. We had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” ― Jack Kerouac
53. “A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself.” ― Robert A. Pirsig
54. “The best bike is the one you’re on, The best road is the one you’re traveling, The best destination is wherever you’re headed, The best time to get there is whenever you arrive.” ― Foster Kinn
55. “When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.” ― Harley Davidson
Harley-Davidson Quotes That Rev Your Soul
56. “While some people see a machine, what a biker sees is a heart.” ― Harley Davidson
57. “What a biker sees is a heart although it might appear to be a machine to some folks.” ― Harley Davidson
58. “Even though some people take drugs and some drink wine, I get my energy by biking.” ― Harley Davidson
59. “I derive my energy by biking although some folks get that only by taking drugs and drinking alcohol.” ― Harley Davidson
60. “People drink wine and take drugs to get energy and solve their issues, but I do so by means of biking.” ― Harley Davidson
61. “Riders become an integral part of the family instead of becoming friends.” ― Harley Davidson
62. “Instead of becoming buddies, riders become a part of the family.” ― Harley Davidson
63. “Living freely and riding hard will make your life meaningful and enjoyable.” ― Harley Davidson
64. “The essence of life is to live free as a bird and ride extremely hard.” ― Harley Davidson
Harley-Davidson Quotes for True Riders
65. “Live like a bird and ride quite hard.” ― Harley Davidson
66. “Always make it a point to ride your bike and enjoy your life to the fullest.” ― Harley Davidson
67. “Take pleasure in biking since life is always good.” ― Harley Davidson
68. “Enjoy riding given that life is good.” ― Harley Davidson
69. “It might be the fact that your day is not good, but you will feel good because of your bike.” ― Harley Davidson
70. “Your day might be quite bad, but it is your bike that will make you feel good.” ― Harley Davidson
71. “My husband happens to be the best rider right now in my eyes.” ― Harley Davidson
72. “I think that my husband is the most experienced and hottest biker in town at present.” ― Harley Davidson
73. “Ride on a regular basis so as to make your biking an enjoyable experience.” ― Harley Davidson
74. “The important thing is the fact that you are riding on a daily basis.” ― Harley Davidson
Which of these Harley Davidson quotes is your favorite?
After going through these awesome quotes, you must have known why Harley bikes are so popular.
Harley Davidson isn’t just a bike it’s a community that shares a dream of riding a Harley on a deserted road.
If you like these quotes, do mention them in the comments below.
Also, don’t forget to share these Harley Davidson quotes and sayings with your friends and family.