If you are a fashion lover or you just like to be comfortable, these hoodie quotes are perfect for you.
Our collection of quotes about hoodies captures the spirit of one of the world’s most popular garments.
Who invented the hoodie?
The hoodie has several interesting origin stories.
Back in 1919, The Knickerbocker Knitting Company claimed to have produced the first hoodie.
Other versions place the hoodie’s creation at the Champion company in the early 1930s.
Harold Lipson is the former president of Champion.
He asserts that the company manufactured the first hoodie to protect laborers and athletes.
In the early 1900s, cold storage laborers and tree surgeons were requesting warmer clothes to help protect them from harsh winter temperatures.
Champion began sewing double-think garments for people who worked in the cold and for athletes who needed to keep warm during cold seasons.
Lisbon had his company, Champion, work directly with high schools to determine their athletic clothing needs.
Football and track athletes were the first ones to wear hoodies.
Once players began giving their garments to significant others they were in relationships with, the hoodie became fashionably popular.
High schools remain a breeding ground for fashion.
It was high school students who made the hoodie fashionable.
The hoodie is iconic
Several decades later, the hoodie became a fashionable yet practical garment in the hip-hop scene that developed in New York in the 1970s.
Hoodies also became popular in skateboard culture.
The hoodie was special to hip-hop and skate culture for the following reasons:
- Break dancers wore hoodies to keep their bodies warm before and after performing.
- Graffiti writers used hoodies to keep low profiles while creating their art.
- Skateboarders concealed their identities with hoodies as they rode public spaces.
Check out our awesome and thought-provoking hoodie quotes below.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of fashion quotes celebrating design and your favorite designers.
Short hoodie quotes
These hoodie quotes are short and sweet.
1. “I’ve always been a lover of hoodies.” — Questlove
2. “Hoodies are definitely streetwear, no doubt.” — Ian Astbury
3. “White people wear hoodies all the time!” — Marc Lamont Hill
4. “I like hoodies. They just make me feel safe.” — Marian Keyes
5. “The hoodies themselves aren’t criminal.” — Marc Lamont Hill
6. “I slowly unzip his hoodie and touch a hand to his bare chest.” — Lilly Avalon
7. “It’s amazing how hoodies have become such an important staple in people’s wardrobes.” — Ian Astbury
8. “I tuck that thought inside me, warm and small like balled hands inside hoodie pockets. ” — Kelly Keaton
9. “Amelie had on black pants, a black zip-up hoodie, and running shoes. So wrong.”— Rachel Caine
10. “I love jeans and hoodies, but the idea of being an ultimate tomboy does slightly confuse me.” — Tom Felton
Insightful hoodie quotes
Below are some awesome hoodie quotes and sayings.
11. “I tug his hoodie closer. We’re not soaking wet anymore, just a little damp.” — Rachel Lynn Solomon
12. “I feel naked in my Tommy hoodie and Victoria’s Secret sweatpants with PINK written across the ass.” — Fanny Merkin
13. “I was the kid in a grey hoodie, walking with the poets, the singers, the thinkers, and I was not alone.” — Charlotte Eriksson
14. “I love to wear hoodies because you can get cozy and eat some food and your belly doesn’t show! — Jared Padalecki
15. “Unshaven dudes in hoodies and ski caps look so hip and cool, until they too close to a grocery cart full of dented cans.” — Dana Gould
16. “My credit card company calls me if it looks like I’ve bought too many hoodies and cargo pants for my kid at Old Navy.” — Christy Lemire
17. “Justus pulled the tip of his hoodie over his eye and lowered his voice. “It remains to be seen; sometimes it takes years to uncover abilities.” — Dannika Dark
18. “Oh, so you see some chick in baggy jeans and a hoodie, and you just have to have her so bad, you decide to repeat high school, just to get her?” — Alyson Noe
19. “They both unzipped their hoodies, revealing T-shirts with logos underneath. “I have no idea what this means, but it’s crazy awesome, right?” — Shannon Messenger
20. “I see youths. Slumped S shapes in their hoodies, all huddled round a bin of burning grannies. All texting eachother because they’ve given up on speech.” — Dylan Moran
Thought-provoking hoodie quotes
Here are some thought-inspiring hoodie quotes.
21. “I almost killed you. I’m sorry, Sabrina, he said, rubbing his eyes on his filthy hoodie.” — Michael Buckley
22. “Adam didn’t bother to reply. He merely exchanged three textbooks for his gym hoodie.” — Maggie Stiefvater
23. “This world doesn’t need my tie, my hoodie, my denomination or my interpretation of the Bible.” — Casting Crowns
24. “Don’t tempt me. Now, what are you wearing?” “A hoodie and drawstring pants too, I guess.”— Michelle Hodkin
25. “What’s up with all the love and affection? I mean, you of all people, you of the eternal iPod-hoodie combo.” — Alyson Noel
26. “I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies.” — Geraldo Rivera
27. “The girls wear hoodies and big cotton underpants and walk around with tangled hair and smiling, adorned backpacks.” — Maria Semple
28. “Really, though, there are only two kinds of weather: hoodie weather and weather where you wear a hoodie anyway.” — Becky Albertalli
29. “She grabbed Claire by the sleeve of her snug, body-hugging hoodie and led her down the hallway, toward their first-period class.” — Kimberly Derting
30. “In my personal life, I become my characters. After ‘One Tree Hill’, I started dressing in Converse and ripped jeans and hoodies. On ‘Awkward’, it manifests in how I speak.” — Ashley Rickards
Oversized hoodie quotes
Who doesn’t like to get nice and comfy in an oversized hoodie?
31. “Take the hoodie off. Please. I’ll only look with my eyes.” — Sally Thorne
32. “Wear only oversized hoodies, oversized jeans, and sneakers. Stay quiet.” — Jandy Nelson
33. “I grab my black hoodie and zip it up over the cow’s face before wrenching open the door.” — Stephanie Perkins
34. “I just looked at him, standing there in jeans and the same blue hoodie he’d had on the first time I met him.” — Sarah Dessen
35. “I think you’re beautiful when you wear oversize hoodies and fleece pyjamas with teddy bears on them.” — Catherine Doyle
36. “He doesn’t mind dressing up, but on most days I see him in casual clothes like screen-printed tees and hoodies.” — Lilly Avalon
37. “No wonder he was fine parting with his hoodie—the boy is a human sauna. You like being infuriated. By me.” — Rachel Lynn Solomon
38. “Head down, hoodie up, eyes on the ground. Be unimportant. Blend in. Disappear. That was how you avoided the bullies.” — Alan Gratz
39. “Face utterly unchanged, the Badger drew his infamous Glock from inside his hoodie, took aim, and shot me in the thigh from five feet.” — C.M. McKenna
40. “Anything underneath?” “I don’t typically walk around without underwear.” “Typically?” “Only on special occasions.” “Christ. I meant under your hoodie.” — Michelle Hodkin
Hoodie quotes for Instagram
Here are some perfect hoodie quotes for your next post or caption.
41. “He reached down and fingered his hoodie on the bed. ‘You sleeping with this?’” — Romeo & Rimmel
42. “To the white world we lived in, a hoodie plus a Black male was synonymous with danger.” — Nefertiti Austin, Motherhood So White
43. “He wore a gray hoodie with the green Jakob’s Quest logo across the front. Dear God, I thought. The RG had a Jeff.” — Chloe Neill, Blood Games
44. “The panic was there, staring me down in the face, all the time, like I had a hoodie on backwards and I couldn’t get it off.” — Anne Clendening, Bent
45. “I yank her by my hoodie, our noses crushing together—“you’re carrying around the heart of the girl I’m fucking in love with. Be more careful with her life.” — L.J. Shen, Blood to Dust
46. “I can feel his body clench as the blade slips out of my forearm sheath and into his back. It slides between his ribs-a lucky shot- then retracts back into my hoodie sleeve.” — Pittacus Lore
47. “My mouth drops when she slides his hoodie off and pushes her fingers into his dark locks that are cut short on the sides, but left longer on top.” — Heidi McLaughlin, My Unexpected Forever
48. “She dropped the clipboard from beneath the hoodie and shoved her arms through its sleeves before rubbing her hands up and down her arms to warm them.” — Avery Flynn, Hollywood on Tap
49. “A sea of people in red crowded around it. I looked at Mallory’s black hoodie and my gray sweater and realized we’d forgotten to wear the school colors. Oh, well. There was always my hair.” — Kim Harrington, Perception
50. “There are a great number of what appear to be teenage runaways, but in Portland it seems that even the elderly dress as if they are teenage runaways, in hoodies and kerchiefs and ragged jeans, stinking of patchouli and dirty feet, and one tattooed old man even rolls by on a skateboard.” — Dan Chaon, Stay Awake
The hoodie: An American icon
The hoodie has come a long way since its humble beginnings.
Unfortunately, in recent times the hoodie has come under critical analysis.
In 2012, Trayvon Martin was murdered by George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman claimed Martin looked suspicious because he was wearing a hoodie.
This tragedy caused the hoodie to go from garment to political statement.
Musicians, artists, political activists and protestors began wearing the hoodie as a sign of solidarity.
Thousands of people across the nation participated in protests, using the hoodie to create public awareness.
A Fox News commentator infamously encouraged young African American and Latino America males not to wear hoodies for fear that they would be victims of violence due to social profiling and racism.
The hoodie has become a garment that sparks political debate.
Hopefully, one day we will forge a nation where people can wear garments without being profiled, harassed, or worse.
Which of these hoodie quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.
December 28, 2022 7:46 AM EST