If you loved the show, you can’t help but like these House MD quotes.
Share your favorite episode in the comments.
House MD is one of the most popular medical dramas that dominated TV shows and was a must-watch for fans of medical drama series today.
It follows the story of Dr. Gregory House, an unconventional medical genius who leads the Department of Diagnostic in Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in New Jersey.
House has a general hatred and contempt for human nature, leading him to struggle to connect to people.
He often clashes with fellow doctors and his team due to his attitude and unconventional thinking.
Often he lacks compassion in front of his patients but regardless of this, House is a renowned physician and is highly valued for his medical skills and unique insights.
These House MD quotes will make you want to rewatch this series over again.
Don’t forget to also check out these Grey’s Anatomy quotes on happiness, success and empowerment.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
House MD quotes from Dr. Gregory House
1. “You took a chance, you did something great. You were wrong, but it was still great. You should feel great that it was great. You should feel like crap that it was wrong.” — Dr. Gregory House
You will also enjoy our article on airplane quotes.
2. “It’s normal to be screwed up, but it’s really screwed up to romanticize it.” — Dr. Gregory House
3. “Love and happiness are nothing but distractions.” — Dr. Gregory House
4. “There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.” — Dr. Gregory House
5. “You talk to God, you’re religious; God talks to you, you’re psychotic.” — Dr. Gregory House
6. “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.” — Dr. Gregory House
7. “I take risks, sometimes patients die. But not taking risks causes more patients to die, so I guess my biggest problem is I’ve been cursed with the ability to do the math.” — Dr. Gregory House
8. “Lies are like children: they’re hard work, but it’s worth it because the future depends on them.” — Dr. Gregory House
9. “If you wanted fair, you chose the wrong job, the wrong profession, the wrong species.” — Dr. Gregory House
10. “Perseverance does not equal worthiness.” — Dr. Gregory House
11. “If you can fake sincerity, you can fake pretty much anything.” — Dr. Gregory House
12. “The most successful marriages are based on lies.” — Dr. Gregory House
13. “I need thirty-six Vicodin and change for a dollar.” — Dr. Gregory House
14. “Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?” — Dr. Gregory House
15. “Yeah, probably got restless and shifted one hemisphere of his brain to a more comfortable position.” — Dr. Gregory House
16. “There are three choices in this life: be good, get good, or give up.” — Dr. Gregory House
17. “If nobody hates you, you’re doing something wrong.” — Dr. Gregory House
18. “Either God doesn’t exist or he’s unimaginably cruel.” — Dr. Gregory House
19. “We formulate our questions based on the answers we want to hear.” — Dr. Gregory House
20. “I’m sorry. I’m about to lose you because I’m about to drive into a tunnel in a canyon on an airplane while hanging up the phone.” — Dr. Gregory House
21. “Figuring out who people are takes time. And it takes twice as much time if they’re trying to impress you.” — Dr. Gregory House
22. “People don’t get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There’s nothing any of us can do about it.” — Dr. Gregory House
House MD quotes from Dr. Wilson
23. “Our entire relationship is about you. My dying is about me!” — Dr. Wilson
24. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t familiar with hooker protocol.” — Dr. Wilson
25. “This is one of the symptoms of working for House. You start seeing zebras everywhere.” — Dr. Wilson
Which of these House MD quotes is your favorite?
Behind the facade of medical greatness and arrogance.
House is a complicated person.
He is addicted to pain medications and has a major problem expressing himself to others.
Over time it became his default to shut people out of his life, leading him to live a miserable life.
His innate distrust with people allows House to believe by default that the patient is always lying.
And there’s much more to see about the patients’ history concerning their symptoms and condition.
This portrays that his misery is a key factor in his medical success and identity, reminding us how complex humans can become.
Share these House MD quotes and sayings with your friends and start rewatching these amazing series.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST