As the title suggests, this article is about the most popular Islamic quotes.
Here, we have curated a list of the most relevant quotes about Islam that are motivational and inspirational.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also discussed the fundamental principles of the Islamic way of living.
If you are interested in reading some of the most notable Islamic quotes, please continue reading.
Fundamental Principles of the Islamic way of Living
Islamic lifestyle is a way of living based on Islam’s teachings and fundamental principles.
The life of a Muslim is in line with the five pillars of Islam, which include:
Muslims are advised to live according to the ethical and moral and ethical values presented in the Holy book ‘Quran’.
To follow Islam in every aspect of their lives, Muslims must adhere to the Sunnah.
Sunnah is the teachings and lifestyle of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Since the life of the Prophet Muhammad was in accordance with the teachings of Islam, Muslims need to follow his Sunnah.
The Islamic way of living also emphasizes social responsibility, community interaction, and personal growth.
Some of the most prominent aspects associated with the life of a true Muslim are listed below:
- Personal accountability
- Equality and justice
- Charity and compassion
- Social responsibilities
This is one of the essential aspects of Islamic living.
Hence, a Muslim believes in taking responsibility for his or her actions.
In other words, a Muslim person is accountable for his/her actions, deeds, and even words.
So, Muslims try to evaluate their deeds and accept what wrong has been done by them.
Equality and Justice
The teachings of Islam promote equal treatment, fairness, and justice irrespective of the caste, race, gender, or religion of an individual.
Hence, a Muslim person shouldn’t infringe on the rights of the people around him/her.
The life of a Muslim should represent the best possible example of a caring person who believes in justice and preaches equality for all.
Charity and Compassion
A Muslim person focuses on helping others who need help.
Compassion and charity are two of the main things closely seen in a Muslim society.
For instance, Muslims help others by any possible means, including economic and social assistance.
Honesty and truthfulness are two of the significant traits of a Muslim society.
Muslims are taught to speak the truth and act responsibly.
A Muslim person must adhere to the best rules of honesty when interacting with each other both in social and economic areas.
You will also enjoy our article on Muslim quotes.
Top 10 Islamic quotes
Here is a list of the top 10 Islamic quotes by some famous personalities.
1. “Islam is not just a religion. Islam is everything.” — Cat Stevens
2. “Nobody can deny there is a rise of Islamic fundamentalism.” — Dominique de Villepin
3. “I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace.” — Muhammad Ali
4. “I’m not a scholar of Islamic history or jurisprudence or anything.” — Keith Ellison
5. “The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world.” — Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
6. “The Muslims have got Islam as a legacy. Hence they fail to recognize its value.” — Marmaduke Pickthall
7. “Islam will win with or without you, but without Islam, you will get lost and lose.” — Ahmed Deedat
8.“We were the most humiliated people on earth & Allah gave us honor through Islam.” — Umar Ibn Al Khattab
9. “It was not Muslims that had made Islam great; it was Islam that had made the Muslims great.” — Muhammad Asad
10. “Islam is not about “we’re better than you.” Rather, it is about “let me show you something that is better for you.” — Nouman Ali Khan
Faithful Islamic quotes
Followers of Islam have a firm belief in their faith, and they do everything according to it. These faithful Islamic quotes will refresh your faith.
11. “I’ve been no-platformed from every university with a strong Islamic faith community.” — Katie Hopkins
12. “I grew up as a Muslim. I went to an Islamic elementary school. Most of my community was Muslim, so I grew up praying five times a day.” — Ishmael Beah
13. “American policymaking in the Islamic world must begin with a foundation of respect for Muslims, especially when they tell us about their faith.” — Ben Domenech
14. “Western civilization is, no doubt, predominantly on the side of secular relativism. That is not true in the Islamic world, where faith dominates.” — Rene Gerard
15. “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world – including in my own country.” — Barack Obama
16. “My behaviour in the past wasn’t too bad. But let’s say it was not in keeping with the Islamic faith’s demands. Nightclubs, for example. People tell me it’s not a big deal if I go to them – but I don’t do it anymore.” — Demba Ba
17. “Many Muslims put their Islamic faith ahead of their national identity and forbid preachers from other religions from coming into their countries to convert their young. Apostasy is treason to Allah. Heresy has no rights.” — Pat Buchanan
18. “Let me say this loud and clear. There is a world of difference between terrorist acts and the Islamic Shari’a. Islam is not only a religion but a way of life. And at its heart lie the sacred principles of tolerance and dialogue.” — Hussein of Jordan
19. “And so I remember moving to LA, going to the Islamic center in Hollywood, and feeling like the cultural element wasn’t what we were operating from as much as the spiritual one, and that was really cool. That was really good for, you know, my growth and my development.” — Ramy Youssef
20. “My lectures, based on Islamic teachings, were on various subjects. Some of the titles were, ‘The Intoxication of Life,’ ‘The Purpose of Life,’ ‘The Real Cause of Man’s Distress,’ ‘The Journey to the Goal in Life,’ and, one of my favorites, ‘The Heart of Man.’ They contained important insights that spoke to something deep inside me.” — Muhammad Ali
Optimistic Islamic quotes
Islam gives the power of optimism to individuals. Followers of Islam have no place for despair in their life. Following are some optimistic quotes shared with you.
21. “If ever there was a moment for an Islamic reformation, it’s now. For the love of God, what are we doing about it?” — Irshad Manji
22.“There is no conflict between favoring Islamic and traditional values and being more open and international.” — Hassanal Bolkiah
23. “Women are free in the Islamic Republic in the selection of their activities and their future and their clothing.” — Ruhollah Khomeini
24. “My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” — Imam Shafii
25. “To some,Islam is nothing but a code of rules and regulations.But, to those who understand,it is a perfect vision of life.” — Yasmin Mogahed
26. “According to Islamic principles, when a man is accused of heresy, he is given a choice between repentance and punishment.” — Naguib Mahfouz
27. “Islam and Islamic values now have a level of immunity from comment and criticism in the Western world that Christianity has lost and Judaism has never had.” — Bernard Lewis
28. “The Islamic ethic is that if God has given you the capacity or good fortune to be a privileged individual in society, you have a moral responsibility to society.” — Aga Khan
29. “We are confident that through discussing with Arab and Islamic states, as well as with the League of Arab States, we will be able to reach a common vision towards maintaining the constants of our people and deal with reality.” — Khaled Mashal
30. “Muslims all over the world are looking with high expectations toward the ummah community in the United States and Canada. Its dynamism, fresh approach, enlightened scholarship, and sheer growth is their hope for an Islamic renaissance worldwide.” — Murad Wilfried Hofmann
Powerful Islamic quotes
Islamic sayings and quotes have very powerful meanings and messages. Let’s see the powerful message of these quotes.
31. “I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam.” — Muhammad Abduh
32. “Sell this life for the next, and you win both of them. Sell the next life for this, and you lose both of them.” — Hasan al-Basri
33. “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” — Ibn Taymiyyah
34. “Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation.” — Barack Obama
35. “[Islam] Leaves no room for human legislation in an Islamic state because herein all legislative functions vest in God and the only function left for Muslims lies in their observance of the God-made law.” — Abul A’la Maududi
36. “I never challenged the ICC verdict. This means I accepted my punishment. It is mentioned in Islamic law that you have got to be punished if you commit a mistake. What is important is that I have learned my lesson.” — Mohammad Amir
37. “I think we need to think about Islamic tradition as a way of asking questions that cut across (and transgress) the assumptions of a purely secular world in which we already know how things stand for individual subjects as well as for societies.” — Talal Asad
38. “Islam appears to me like a perfect work of architecture. All its parts are harmoniously conceived to complement and support each other; nothing is superfluous and nothing lacking; and the result is a structure of absolute balance and solid composure.” — Muhammad Asad
39. “The main bone of contention is whether Islamic injunctions are legal or moral categories. When Muslims say Islam commands daily prayers or bans alcohol, are they talking about public obligations that will be enforced by the state or personal ones that will be judged by God?”— Mustafa Akyol
40. “In distinguishing between Islamic teachings and social taboos, we must remember that Islam forbids injustice; Injustice against people, against nations, against women. It shuns race, color, and gender as a basis of distinction among fellowmen. It enshrines piety as the sole criteria for judging humankind.” — Benazir Bhutto
Social Islamic quotes
Islam greatly stresses the social life of its followers. These quotes are about the social life of followers of Islam.
41. “The idea of human rights as a fundamental principle can be seen to underlie throughout Islamic teachings.” — Ali Khamenei
42. “The principles and form of government that form the basis of democracy are compatible with Islamic values.” — Fethullah Gulen
43. “If we can increase the share of Islamic finance for the world, countries can benefit – and certainly, Malaysia can benefit from that.” — Najib Razak
44. “As to women, the Islamic faith has given women rights that are equal to or more than the rights gave them in the Old Testament and the Bible” — Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
45. “The plight of the Baha’i community in Iran has served as a backdrop to my life growing up in London, particularly since the Islamic revolution in 1979.” — Omid Djalili
46. “I became very interested in the Islamic question, and thought I would try to understand it from the roots, ask very simple questions and somehow make a narrative of that discovery.” — V. S. Naipaul
47. “Secularism will not work in Egypt any more than theocracy. What will work is governance that is guided by the Islamic values of the majority with the protection of the minority rights.” — Ahmed Zewail
48. “I believe if there is any place left where humanity is still visible, it can not be anywhere else than in an Islamic society. Time would come when the world would be obliged to accept this reality.” — Jermaine Jackson
49. “We should have a State in which we could live and breathe as free men and which we could develop according to our own lights and culture and where principles of Islamic social justice could find free play.” — Muhammad Ali Jinnah
50. “It is really impressive and makes us proud that in a lot of places in Indonesia, a church is close to a mosque, and even in many places, both Islamic and Christian communities cooperated to build a mosque or church.” — Suharto
Which of these Islamic quotes is your favorite?
We have provided you with the best Islamic quotes that are associated with the true aspect of Islam.
Also, we have briefly discussed the fundamental principles of the Islamic way of living.
This will help you understand how Muslims live their life.
If you have found your favorite Islamic quotes, share them with us via the comments section.
If you liked this article, you will also enjoy our Al-Ghazali quotes.
Your comments help us to improve the quality of our work.