Ideas are what keep us moving forward. Get inspired with these idea quotes.
Every idea is born from thought. Any thought can produce an idea and daring to have an idea has produced some of the biggest breakthroughs throughout history. The minute that creativity and ideas are stifled is the minute that people start to regress.
It is amazing to look at the world over the last 50 years. The way that technology has changed the world has made everything progress at a tremendous speed.
Without ideas, there would not have been the leaps forward in technology or in anything else.
Enjoy reading these idea quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these creativity quotes about expressing your real self.
Crazy idea quotes
1. “The world has always gone forward when people have dared to have crazy ideas.” – Gioconda Belli
2. “Crazy ideas sometimes work, and the technological society that we have is built on a foundation of those crazy ideas that work.” – Nathan Myhrvold
3. “If some crazy idea stays in my head for long enough, then there’s no fighting it. I just say, Okay, let’s go.” – Jeff Bridges
4. “Where did we ever get the crazy idea that in order to make children do better, first we have to make them feel worse?” – Jane Nelsen
5. “For me the dream is the freedom to make all the crazy ideas I have in my head into movies. I truly love directing and I think it is a privilege to have this as an occupation.” – Nicholas Ozeki
6. “Then I came up with this crazy idea just to walk out on the stage with no band at all and just start singing whatever came to mind. I actually fought the idea for a while because it seemed almost too radical, but it became obvious what I was supposed to be doing.” – Bobby McFerrin
7. “I gave people the benefit of the doubt, thinking, so many people that appear very calm and even boring must have all these wild emotions and crazy ideas.” – Curtis Sittenfeld
8. “I don’t do things that are comedic. This is such a crazy idea.” – Angelina Jolie
9. “I have this massive notebook called IDEAS and another one called PERSONAL IDEAS and another one called CRAZY IDEAS.” – Max Levchin
10. “The day before something is a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea.” – Peter Diamandis
Wise idea quotes
11. “An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.” – Oscar Wilde
12. “My ideas usually come not at my desk writing but in the midst of living.” – Anis Nin
13. “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.” – John F. Kennedy
14. “Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have.” – Emile Chartier
15. “Every really new idea looks crazy at first.” – Alfred North Whitehead
16. “Don’t be afraid of new ideas. Be afraid of old ideas. They keep you where you are and stop you from growing and moving forward. Concentrate on where you want to go, not on what you fear.” – Anthony Robbins
17. “Lack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle.” – Ken Hakuta
18. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
19. “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” – Lee Lacocca
20. “The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.” – Linus Pauling
Good idea quotes
21. “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.” – Alfred Nobel
22. “If there is time to reflect, slowing down is likely to be a good idea.” – Daniel Kahneman
23. “Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Acting on a good idea is better than just having a good idea.” – Robert Half
25. “If you have one good idea, people will lend you twenty.” – Marie von Ebner- Eschenbach
26. “In order to have a TV series, you have to have a good idea for the story.” – Tiny Tim
27. “New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can’t be done. 2) It probably can be done, but it’s not worth doing. 3) I knew it was a good idea all along!” – Arthur C. Clarke
28. “You’ll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea.” – Earl Nightingale
29. “A good idea is not enough. It must be the fit of a particular idea for a particular entrepreneur and, ideally, unfair advantages in why said particular entrepreneur is going to address said particular idea.” – Amy Dunn
30. “There’s no good idea that can’t be improved on.” – Michael Eisner
Inspirational idea quotes
31. “Ideas shape the course of history.” – John Maynard Keynes
32. “Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.” – Donatella Versace
33. “Ideas are only as good as your ability to communicate them.” – Adena Friedman
34. “Ideas are easy. It’s the execution of ideas that really separates the sheep from the goats.” – Sue Grafton
35. “There’s no learning without trying lots of ideas and failing lots of times.” – Jonathan Ive
36. “The great difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas.” – George Santayana
37. The good ideas will survive.” – Quentin
38. “The best ideas start as conversations.” – Jonathan Ive
39. “You can’t crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.” – Vachel Lindsay
40. “When the rich think about the poor, they have poor ideas.” – Evita Peron
Thought-provoking idea quotes
41. “The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible.” – David Ogilvy
42. “No ideas and the ability to express them – that’s a journalist.” – Karl Kraus
43. “Everyone has ideas. They may be too busy or lack the confidence or technical ability to carry them out. But I want to carry them out. It is a matter of getting up and doing it.” – James Dyson
44. “You don’t make a poem with ideas but with words.”- Stephane Mallarme
45. “Always write your ideas down however silly or trivial they might seem. Keep a notebook with you at all times.” – Michael Morpurgo
46. “Big ideas we tend to like are the ones that seem impossible or crazy.” – Bill Maris
47. “Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books.” – Bell Hooks
48. “I love playing around with ideas and turning them into something useful or fun.” – Lonnie Johnson
49. “People today are still living off the table scraps of the sixties. They are still being passed around – the music and the ideas.” – Bob Dylan
50. “Writing is no trouble: you just jot down ideas as they occur to you. The jotting is simplicity itself – it is the occurring which is difficult.” – Stephen Leacock
More idea quotes and sayings
51. “A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.” – Mary Kay Ash
52. “Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.” – Marie Curie
53. “The most reliable way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
54. “The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping from the old ones.” – John Maynard Keynes
55. “To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach.” – W. Clement Stone
56. “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” – Napoleon Hill
57. “A business is simply an idea to make other people’s lives better.” – Richard Branson
58. “An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Edward de Bono
59. “Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.” – Georg C. Lichtenberg
60. “The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Which of these idea quotes resonated with you best?
Now that you have enjoyed the above quotes about ideas, have the sayings themselves given you any ideas?
Or maybe they have inspired you to talk to someone about one of your past ideas. One person’s “crazy” idea, can be the idea that is a breakthrough for the next person.
As we continue to live in this technological world that links us all, we need to make sure to continue sharing ideas. And just as important, we need to make sure we listen to others’ ideas.
No matter who someone is, they can change the world with their ideas. Hopefully, we always remember that!
Which of these idea quotes and sayings is your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 28, 2020 7:00 AM EST