We hope you enjoy these inspirational It’s A Wonderful Life quotes from the classic film.
More than just a Christmas movie, It’s A Wonderful Life is a film that has been helping people change perspectives for almost 75 years
George Bailey, played by James Stewart, is a man who feels his life is a total failure.
He has so many problems that he is considering ending his life by jumping off his town’s bridge.
George’s guardian angel, Clarence, intervenes and shows George what a truly wonderful life he has.
It’s a Wonderful Life is the masterpiece of Frank Capra, who wrote, directed, and produced the film in 1946.
This classic has been rewatched every year for generations and offers a reminder of the importance of family, friends, and appreciating the smaller things.
It’s considered one of the best Christmas films and was No. 1 on the American Film Institute’s list of the most inspirational American films of all time.
In 1990, It’s a Wonderful Life was added to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress for being “culturally, historically or aesthetically significant.”
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Inspirational It’s A Wonderful Life quotes
1. “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. And when he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” — Clarence
You will also enjoy our article on what men want.
2. “Remember, no man is a failure who has friends.” — Clarence
3. “You see George, you really had a wonderful life. Don’t you see what a mistake it would be to throw it away?” — Clarence
You will also enjoy our article on angel quotes.
4. “You’ve been given a great gift, George, a chance to see what the world would be like without you.” — Clarance
5. “I want to live again.” — George Bailey
It’s A Wonderful Life quotes about life
6. “I know what I’m gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and next year, and the year after that.” — George Bailey
7. “I couldn’t face being cooped up for the rest of my life in a shabby little office. Oh, I’m sorry Pop, I didn’t mean that, but it’s this business of nickels and dimes and spending all your life trying to figure out how to save three cents on a length of pipe. I’d go crazy. I want to do something big and something important.” — George Bailey
8. “George, I am an old man and most people hate me. But I don’t like them either, so that makes it all even.” — Mr. Potter
9. “Youth is wasted on the wrong people.” — Man on the Porch
10. “It’s deep in the race for a man to want his own roof and walls and fireplace.” — Pa Bailey
It’s A Wonderful Life quotes from George Baily lines
11. “You look a little older without your clothes on.” — George Bailey
12. “I’m a rich tourist today. How about driving me home in style?” — George Bailey
13. “What do you think I am, a dictionary?” — George Bailey
14. “What’s a pretty girl like you doing marrying this two-headed brother of mine?” — George Bailey
15. “Look, we’re still in business! We’ve still got two bucks left!” — George Bailey
16. “I wish I had a million dollars…hot dog!” — George Bailey
17. “And all’s fair in love and war.” — George Bailey
18. “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” — George Bailey
19. “Isn’t it wonderful? I’m going to jail!” — George Bailey
20. “I wouldn’t live in it as a ghost.” — George Bailey
21. “This is a very interesting situation!” — George Bailey
22. “A man doesn’t get in a situation like this every day.” — George Bailey
23. “I’ll give you the moon, Mary.” — George Bailey
More It’s A Wonderful Life quotes from George Baily
24. “You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn’t, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I’d say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!” — George Bailey
25. “You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?” — George Bailey
Hot dog! Didn’t you just love those It’s A Wonderful Life quotes?
It’s A Wonderful Life is so touching as a film because of how relatable it is.
Just like George, it is so easy to get caught up in the negative challenges going on in our life that it is hard to appreciate or even notice the positive aspects.
Life is all about perspective.
Even if you haven’t accomplished all of your dreams yet, that doesn’t mean you never will.
Remember, it’s about the journey, not the destination — so enjoy the road!
Don’t be in a rush to get things done, but enjoy your time instead.
Take time to spend with your friends and family, because, just like Clarence said, “No man is a failure who has friends.”
Let us know your favorite It’s A Wonderful Life quote in the comments below!
January 30, 2023 5:00 AM EST