Our latest collection of kindness quotes that will encourage you to care for others.
Kindness is one of the most powerful attributes one can have. Being friendly, generous, and considerate can make the world a better place and drastically improve our own well-being as well.
We all have enough kindness to go around. It is something that we can control and cultivate. Besides, it is something that we don’t run out of, meaning we can always find ways to replenish our kindness.
Kindness is another way to tap into our everyday power. It has positive effects on how we see ourselves and it allows us to see and find the humanity in others.
Despite all the challenges in life, it’s upon us to cultivate a sense of kindness. To help you on that front, below are some inspirational, wise, and helpful kindness quotes, kindness sayings, and kindness proverbs to encourage you to show more compassion for others and be a better person.
Kindness quotes about caring for others
1. “A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men.” – Thomas Carlyle
2. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
3. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
4. “Be nice to strangers. Be nice even when it doesn’t matter.” – Sam Altman
5. “Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions.” – Kiana Tom
6. “Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.” – Confucius
7. “If you can be anything, be kind” – UNKNOWN
8. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” ― Plato
9. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible” – Dalai Lama
10. “Kindness is choosing to acknowledge and celebrate the beauty in others, regardless of whether or not they can find it in themselves.” – RAKTIVIST
Kindness quotes to make you a better person
11. Kindness makes a fellow feel good whether it’s being done to him or by him. – Frank A. Clark
12. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
13. Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. – Kahlil Gibran
14. “Kind people are the best kind of people” – UNKNOWN
15. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ― Dalai Lama
16. “Forget injuries; never forget kindness” – CONFUCIUS
17. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” ― Roy T. Bennett
18. Life is short but there is always time for courtesy. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Give yourself some kindness today until you’re filled and pass it on.” – Lori Hil
20. “Let us practice random kindness and acts of senseless beauty to all we meet.” – Paul Keller
Also read these quotes for teens about life, love, and being yourself.
Kindness quotes to inspire you to help others and be happy as well
21. True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others. – Alek Wek
22. Kindness gives birth to kindness. – Sophocles
23. A little madness a little kindness makes for happiness. – Nicole Johnson
24. “No one has ever become poor by giving.”― Anne Frank
25. “Kindness is not a business. True kindness expects nothing in return and should never act with conditions.”
― Roy T. Bennett
26. “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “When you show people kindness and respect, despite petty differences, you are bringing positive vibes into your life and into the lives of others.” – Jason Scotts
28. “Today you can embrace kindness, practice compassion, stand up for justice, talk to strangers, ask for help, offer hope and listen with your whole heart.” – Unknown
29. Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. ~ Henry James
30. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?~ Jean Jacques Rousseau
Kindness quotes to remind of the importance of this virtue
31. Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. – Theodore Rubin
32. “Kindness extended, received, or observed beneficially impacts the physical health and feelings of everyone involved.” – Wayne Dyer
33. “The love, kindnesses, and value we have given authentically to others will be our remaining treasures at the end of life.” – Steve Brunkhorst
34. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.”― Rick Riordan
35. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”― Steve Maraboli
36. “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”― Mahatma Gandhi
37. Kind hearts are the gardens. Kind thoughts are the roots. Kind words are the blossoms. Kind deeds are the fruits. ~ Kirpal Singh
38. Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing. ~ Rumi
39. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” –Scott Adams
40. Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. ~ Lao Tzu
Don’t forget to also read these Keanu Reeves quotes that will inspire you to be kind.
Kindness quotes to inspire you to make a difference
41. Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. ~ Barbara DeAngelis
42. “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” – John Gerzema
43. A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. ~ Washington Irving
44. Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. ~ Samuel Johnson
45. “One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls.” ― Jack Kerouac
46. “What I want is so simple I almost can’t say it: elementary kindness.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
47. “Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary.” ― J.M. Barrie
48. Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
49. “Never lose a chance of saying a kind word.” ― William Makepeace Thackeray
50. My religious philosophy is kindness. Try to be kind. That’s something worth achieving. – Perce Brosnan
Kindness quotes to live by
51. Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
52. Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations. – Paramahansa Yogananda
53. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. – William Arthur Ward
54. “Kindness is a universal language.” – RAKTIVIST
55. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. – Eric Hoffer
56. The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey. – Sarah Fielding
57. “If you have kindness in your heart, you offer acts of kindness to touch the hearts of others wherever you go—whether they are random or planned. Kindness becomes a way of life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
58. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
59. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
60. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
You might also like these inspirational quotes for kids about success, life, and happiness.
Other inspirational kindness quotes
61. “A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.” —Joseph Joubert
62. “Extend yourself in kindness to other human being wherever you can.” – Oprah Winfrey
63. “Compassion isn’t about solutions. It’s about giving all the love that you’ve got.” —Cheryl Strayed
64. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” – Buddha
65. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” —Mother Teresa
66. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of giving quotes about the power of generosity.
67. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. Love. We all lean towards love.” —Richard Gere
68. “Kindness is showing someone they matter.” – Unknown
69. “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” —Anne Herbert
70. “Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.” – Teresa of Avila
Don’t forget to also check out these empathy quotes that will make you a better person.
More kindness quotes and sayings
71. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
72. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
73. “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of generosity quotes that inspire happiness.
74. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” – Saint Basil
75. “Education teaches us compassion and kindness, connection to others.” – Jill Biden
76. “We can all fight against loneliness by engaging in random acts of kindness.” – Gail Honeyman
77. “All I’m saying is, kindness doesn’t have any boundaries.” – Kathryn Stockett
78. “People shouldn’t have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.” – Maggie Stiefvater
79. “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.” – Roy T. Bennett
80. “And so I try to be kind to everything I see, and in everything I see, I see him.” – Hanya Yanagihara
Which are your favorite kindness quotes
We can all do with a little bit of kindness in our lives. Whether it’s helping an elderly person on the street or opening a door for someone, kindness can have a powerful impact than you imagine.
Kindness is one of the greatest attributes one can have. Being kind not only leaves a positive impact on others, it also helps increase your own happiness.
Kindness starts with you and there are many ways to show it. Hopefully, these kindness quotes have inspired you to start spreading the love.
Did you enjoy these kindness quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about in the comment section below.
March 22, 2021 6:00 AM EST