Our latest collection of kindness quotes that will encourage you to care for others.
Kindness is one of the most powerful attributes one can have.
Being friendly, generous, and considerate can make the world a better place and drastically improve our own well-being as well.
We all have enough kindness to go around.
It is something that we can control and cultivate.
Besides, it is something that we don’t run out of, meaning we can always find ways to replenish our kindness.
Kindness is another way to tap into our everyday power.
It has positive effects on how we see ourselves and it allows us to see and find the humanity in others.
Despite all the challenges in life, it’s upon us to cultivate a sense of kindness.
To help you on that front, below are some inspirational, wise, and helpful kindness quotes, kindness sayings, and kindness proverbs to encourage you to show more compassion for others and be a better person.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Kindness quotes about caring for others
1. “A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men.” – Thomas Carlyle
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
2. “Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.” – Confucius
3. “If you can be anything, be kind” – UNKNOWN
4. “Be nice to strangers. Be nice even when it doesn’t matter.” – Sam Altman
5. “Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions.” – Kiana Tom
6. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
7. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
8. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” ― Plato
9. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible” – Dalai Lama
10. “Kindness is choosing to acknowledge and celebrate the beauty in others, regardless of whether or not they can find it in themselves.” – RAKTIVIST
Kindness quotes to make you a better person
11. Kindness makes a fellow feel good whether it’s being done to him or by him. – Frank A. Clark
12. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
13. Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. – Kahlil Gibran
14. “Kind people are the best kind of people” – UNKNOWN
15. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ― Dalai Lama
16. “Forget injuries; never forget kindness” – CONFUCIUS
17. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” ― Roy T. Bennett
18. Life is short but there is always time for courtesy. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Give yourself some kindness today until you’re filled and pass it on.” – Lori Hil
20. “Let us practice random kindness and acts of senseless beauty to all we meet.” – Paul Keller
Also read these quotes for teens about life, love, and being yourself.
Kindness quotes to inspire you to help others and be happy as well
21. True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others. – Alek Wek
22. Kindness gives birth to kindness. – Sophocles
23. A little madness a little kindness makes for happiness. – Nicole Johnson
24. “No one has ever become poor by giving.”― Anne Frank
25. “Kindness is not a business. True kindness expects nothing in return and should never act with conditions.”
― Roy T. Bennett
26. “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “When you show people kindness and respect, despite petty differences, you are bringing positive vibes into your life and into the lives of others.” – Jason Scotts
28. “Today you can embrace kindness, practice compassion, stand up for justice, talk to strangers, ask for help, offer hope and listen with your whole heart.” – Unknown
29. Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. ~ Henry James
30. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?~ Jean Jacques Rousseau
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of good deeds quotes to inspire you to help someone today.
Kindness quotes to remind of the importance of this virtue
31. Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. – Theodore Rubin
32. “Kindness extended, received, or observed beneficially impacts the physical health and feelings of everyone involved.” – Wayne Dyer
33. “The love, kindnesses, and value we have given authentically to others will be our remaining treasures at the end of life.” – Steve Brunkhorst
34. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.”― Rick Riordan
35. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”― Steve Maraboli
36. “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”― Mahatma Gandhi
37. Kind hearts are the gardens. Kind thoughts are the roots. Kind words are the blossoms. Kind deeds are the fruits. ~ Kirpal Singh
38. Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing. ~ Rumi
39. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” –Scott Adams
40. Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. ~ Lao Tzu
Don’t forget to also read these Keanu Reeves quotes that will inspire you to be kind.
Kindness quotes to inspire you to make a difference
41. Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. ~ Barbara DeAngelis
42. “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” – John Gerzema
43. A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. ~ Washington Irving
44. Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. ~ Samuel Johnson
45. “One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls.” ― Jack Kerouac
46. “What I want is so simple I almost can’t say it: elementary kindness.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
47. “Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary.” ― J.M. Barrie
48. Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
49. “Never lose a chance of saying a kind word.” ― William Makepeace Thackeray
50. My religious philosophy is kindness. Try to be kind. That’s something worth achieving. – Perce Brosnan
Kindness quotes to live by
51. Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
52. Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations. – Paramahansa Yogananda
53. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. – William Arthur Ward
54. “Kindness is a universal language.” – RAKTIVIST
55. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. – Eric Hoffer
56. The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey. – Sarah Fielding
57. “If you have kindness in your heart, you offer acts of kindness to touch the hearts of others wherever you go—whether they are random or planned. Kindness becomes a way of life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
58. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
59. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
60. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
You might also like these quotes for kids about success, life, and happiness.
Other inspirational kindness quotes
61. “A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.” —Joseph Joubert
62. “Extend yourself in kindness to other human being wherever you can.” – Oprah Winfrey
63. “Compassion isn’t about solutions. It’s about giving all the love that you’ve got.” —Cheryl Strayed
64. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” – Buddha
65. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” —Mother Teresa
66. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of giving quotes about the power of generosity.
67. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. Love. We all lean towards love.” —Richard Gere
68. “Kindness is showing someone they matter.” – Unknown
69. “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” —Anne Herbert
70. “Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.” – Teresa of Avila
Don’t forget to also check out these empathy quotes that will make you a better person.
More kindness quotes and sayings
71. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
72. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
73. “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of generosity quotes that inspire happiness.
74. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” – Saint Basil
75. “Education teaches us compassion and kindness, connection to others.” – Jill Biden
76. “We can all fight against loneliness by engaging in random acts of kindness.” – Gail Honeyman
77. “All I’m saying is, kindness doesn’t have any boundaries.” – Kathryn Stockett
78. “People shouldn’t have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.” – Maggie Stiefvater
79. “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.” – Roy T. Bennett
80. “And so I try to be kind to everything I see, and in everything I see, I see him.” – Hanya Yanagihara
81. “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” —Lady Gaga
82. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” —George Sand
83. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” —Tommy Lee Jones
84. “The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines.” —Charles Kuralt
85. “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” —Vincent Van Gogh
Kindness quotes for kids and adults to remember
86. “Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.’” — Zig Ziglar
87. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” — Philo
88. “We are all neighbors. Be kind. Be gentle.” — Clemantine Wamariya
89. “It takes strength to be kind; it’s not a weakness.” — Daniel Lubetzky
90. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” — Conan O’Brien
91. “Be kind to people on the way up – you’ll meet them again on your way down.” — Jimmy Durante
92. “Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” — Stacy London
93. “Treat others as you wish to be treated. Don’t just be nice, but be kind to other people. That can be so rewarding.” — Mary Lambert
94. “Be kind, don’t judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place.” — Jasmine Guinness
95. “When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they’ll remember and be kind to someone else. And it’ll become like a wildfire.” — Whoopi Goldberg
Kindness quotes for kids from writers and authors
96. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” — Dr. Seuss
97. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” — A.A. Milne
98. “Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.” — Dr. Seuss
99. “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” — Tennessee Williams
100. “You can only understand people if you feel them in yourself.” — John Steinbeck
101. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” — Dr. Seuss
102. “Always stop to think whether your fun may be the cause of another’s unhappiness.” — Aesop
103. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
104. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” — Dr. Seuss
105. “Simplify, slow down, be kind. And don’t forget to have art in your life – music, paintings, theater, dance, and sunsets.” — Eric Carle
Kindness quotes for kids to help teach this important virtue
106. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” –Princess Diana
107. “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” –Jacob Tremblay
108. “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” –Sophocles
109. “The catch phrase for the day is ‘Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile.’” –Harvey Ball
110. “You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be.” –Captain Beefheart
111. “We should model the kindness we want to see.” –Brene Brown
112. “Kindness is wisdom” –Philip James Bailey
113. “Deliberately seek opportunities for kindness, sympathy, and patience.” –Evelyn Underhill
114. “Love and kindness go hand in hand.” –Marian Keyes
115. “I am a little bit of a softie, yes. Actually I don’t think it’s softness, I think it’s kindness.” –Len Goodman
116. “Choosing kindness is just as easy as smiling.” –Justin Tremblay
117. “Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness.” –Sophocles
118. “I work best when there’s a safety trampoline of kindness.” –Ruth Negga
119. “Kindness is a sort of love without being love.” –Susan Hill
120. “Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave you.” –Ephesians 4:32, Holy Bible
Kindness quotes to motivate you to be kind to others
121. “Kindness is always fashionable, and always welcome.” – Amelia Barr
122. “I’m a big believer in acts of kindness, no matter how small.” – Liam Neeson
123. “Generosity and kindness always feel good to give, and it never feels good to give grief or negativity.” – Jason Becker
124. “Choosing kindness is just as easy as smiling.” – Jacob Tremblay
125. “My parents taught me honesty, truth, compassion, kindness and how to care for people.” – Brian Blessed
126. “People just deserve to be treated with kindness.” – Sophia Bush
127. “Everyone responds to kindness.” – Richard Gere
128. “What this world needs is a new kind of army – the army of the kind.” – Cleveland Amory
129. “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.” – Dolly Parton
130. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kindness Quotes To Help Kids Advance Interaction With Others
131. “Bring love wherever you go. Shine light wherever it is dark. Leave blessings wherever you have been. Be kind wherever you are.” ― mary davis
132. “When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.” ― William Arthur Ward
133. “Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” ― dale carnegie
134. “The very nature of kindness is to spread. If you are kind to others, today they will be kind to you, and tomorrow to somebody else.” ― Sri Chonmony
135. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyon
136. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
137. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” ― Albert Schweitzer
138. “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
139. “That best portion of a man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.” ― William Wordsworth
140. “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For indeed, that’s all who ever have.” ― Margaret Mead
Which are your favorite kindness quotes
We can all do with a little bit of kindness in our lives.
Whether it’s helping an elderly person on the street or opening a door for someone, kindness can have a powerful impact than you imagine.
Kindness is one of the greatest attributes one can have.
Being kind not only leaves a positive impact on others, it also helps increase your own happiness.
Kindness starts with you and there are many ways to show it.
Hopefully, these kindness quotes have inspired you to start spreading the love.
Did you enjoy these kindness quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about in the comment section below.
August 8, 2022 3:04 AM EST