This collection of Kevin Gates quotes will show you there’s so much more to his music than what you hear on those tracks.
Tell us your favorite Kevin Gates song in the comment section.
Want to learn more about the man behind the lyrics?
What are the benefits of reading Kevin Gates quotes?
Kevin Jerome Gilyard, professionally known as Kevin Gates, is an American rapper, singer, and entrepreneur.
Known mostly for his autobiographical themes in his songs, his lyrics often deal with subjects like:
- Prison time
Gates was born on February 5, 1986, in New Orleans and had a keen interest in music from an early age.
He started to rap at 14 and began his career in the year 2005.
Gates has released several hit singles and mixtapes throughout his career and can be considered one of America’s most successful contemporary singers.
In January 2016, he released his debut album, Islah, which peaked at number 2 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Along with his success in music, Gates has had many legal issues and has been in and out of prison multiple times.
He had a tumultuous upbringing and was arrested for the first time at 13 for being a passenger in a stolen vehicle.
But despite having a difficult childhood and being involved in several controversies, Gates has managed to use his Everyday Power to become a successful rapper in the American music industry.
These Kevin Gates quotes can hopefully motivate you to pursue your dreams and make good life choices.
In this respect, here are some inspirational Kevin Gates quotes.
(And come back for our best rap quotes when you’re done!)
We also have a collection of Juice WRLD quotes and lyrics celebrating the late rapper.
Be sure to read those as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Kevin Gates Quotes and Lyrics on Life and Success
1. “Don’t get mad at me for being the best of what I was created to be.” – Kevin Gates
2. “Never break or fold, that’s what it takes to be major.” – Kevin Gates
3. “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” – Kevin Gates
4. “I don’t sleep much. I don’t sleep much – I work, I work, I work.” – Kevin Gates
5. “I live by the ten percent rule. Save one, you save a thousand.” – Kevin Gates
6. “You can’t make everybody else happy and still stay on top.” – Kevin Gates
7. “You can learn from a dummy. You can watch a dummy and learn what not to do. I’ve always been an observant individual.” – Kevin Gates
8. “I’ve had mixtapes that have been better than albums I’ve heard from other artists. I take my time; I put my heart into it.” – Kevin Gates
9. “Out my window.. I see everything I dream about and wished I had”– Kevin Gates
10. “I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge. I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice.” – Kevin Gates
11. “Why accept failure when success is free?” – Kevin Gates
Also check out these memorable Rick Ross quotes that show his many sides.
Kevin Gates quotes about music
12. “I don’t pay attention to sales because it’s not about that for me. It’s about the music. Music is all I have.” – Kevin Gates
13. “I suffer from deep depression, so my only release is music.” – Kevin Gates
14. “I always had music growing up, but music was also like a journal. It was like my personal diary or personal journal. A lot of the things I couldn’t express to an individual, I would express them in my music.” – Kevin Gates
15. “I could care less about the particular. I like to make music.” – Kevin Gates
16. “Rap was more of a release for me, a journal.” – Kevin Gates
17. “A hot producer might not make a hot beat for me. I just love music.” – Kevin Gates
18. “I love to make music, I love to get tattoos…That’s just what I love. If I wasn’t getting paid I’d still do it.”– Kevin Gates
19. “I know I write a lot of my best music in the car, like late night. Three, four in the morning.” – Kevin Gates
20. “Music’s the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer with depression, and it’s my only form of releasing it.” – Kevin Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
21. “Music is all I have.” – Kevin Gates
22. “My music is incredible. I don’t know what to call it because I’ve yet to see an artist display the different talents I display or create the different genres that I have created; from The Rock and roll to heavy metal to soft rock to rap to country. I display so many styles. That’s why they love me.” – Kevin Gates
You might also like these NBA YoungBoy quotes that will motivate you to hustle.
Kevin Gates quotes about love, relationships and family
23. “Marriage is the most wonderful thing ever.” – Kevin Gates
24. “Some may consider this a problem, I easily fall in love.” – Kevin Gates
25. “I like being with my family. That’s my party.” – Kevin Gates
26. “To be honest I am not looking to be romantic, already got someone at home.” – Kevin Gates
27. “To inform, to improve, to make better, and I believe that’s what my first daughter did to me, so I named my first album after my first daughter.” – Kevin Gates
28. “I love God, I love everybody else around me as myself, and I love my enemy.” – Kevin Gates
29. “I always wanted a family.” – Kevin Gates
30. “It is illegal to steal my feelings and leave.” – Kevin Gates
31. “Love’s a battlefield it’s not a one-night stand.” – Kevin Gates
32. “Fall in love fast, make sure I handle it delicate” – Kevin Gates
33. “You have to be intimate with a person to know that person.” – Kevin Gates
Thought-provoking Kevin Gates quotes
34. “Knowledge is provided but only to those who need to know.” – Kevin Gates
35. “Wise men change, fools stay the same.” – Kevin Gates
36. “Without an understanding of bad…how can one truly have an appreciation of good.” – Kevin Gates
37. “Prison was the best thing that ever happened to me.” – Kevin Gates
38. “Bein’ logical gave me a reason to doubt.” – Kevin Gates
39. “Breathing is so important with physical activity, then how much more important is it with psychological activity?” – Kevin Gates
40. “If it matters to you, pursue it aggressively.” – Kevin Gates
41. “All things are obtained by Wisdom and Knowledge.” – Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates quotes about hard work and struggle
42. “I’m not afraid to make mistakes.” – Kevin Gates
43. “My daily conversation, it consists of hustle. Grinding from the bottom sick and tired of struggle.” – Kevin Gates
44. “Jail and the streets go hand in hand. You can’t have one without the other. They coincide.” – Kevin Gates
45. “I got 6 jobs I don’t get TIRED!” – Kevin Gates
46. “I experience great hurt, this hurt allows me to know I’m alive.” – Kevin Gates
47. “I was built for that pressure.” – Kevin Gates
48. “Came from the bottom, we aim for the stars.” – Kevin Gates
49. “Use the things that make you angry — as fuel to make you better.” – Kevin Gates
50. “I’ve had good times and I’ve had bad times and I reminisce, maybe when I lay down, but throughout my day I keep myself engulfed in whatever moment I’m in because it could steer me into a depressed state.” – Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates quotes to inspire and teach
51. “When you’re in prison, you want to know that you were thought about.” – Kevin Gates
52. “The ones that hate you most tend to be the people you know.” – Kevin Gates
53. “True wealth is not of the pocket, but of the heart and of the mind.” – Kevin Gates
54. “Anything lost, can be found again, except for time wasted.” – Kevin Gates
55. “When you come up in the slums, having nothin’ make you humble” – Kevin Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
56. “I have respect for every man that demands your respect.” – Kevin Gates
57. “If you not in your own lane, create one.” – Kevin Gates
58. “She says I’m a dog, but it takes one to know one.” – Kevin Gates
59. “I don’t really like talking. I like to execute. I’m not a talking person. I’m an action person.” – Kevin Gates
60. “I put my flaws on front street. So the world accepted my flaws, so I don’t have any flaws.” – Kevin Gates
Inspirational Kevin Gates quotes
61. “If I told you I was different would you understand the difference?” – Kevin Gates
62. “I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this.” – Kevin Gates
63. “The only frustrating thing about jail is that I can’t make music.” – Kevin Gates
64. “I never go into a situation with any type of expectations.” – Kevin Gates
65. “Don’t let nobody know that you are a monster. Keep it on the tuck and then surprise ’em.” – Kevin Gates
66. “I believe that life is a journey and for me to tell you my plans; things never go according to plan.” – Kevin Gates
67. “I’m not made out of concrete. I’m a real person.”– Kevin Gates
68. “You learn fast or you die young.”– Kevin Gates
69. “I like where we at now — but I’m in love with where we going.”– Kevin Gates
70. “When you follow your heart, you always win!” – Kevin Gates
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of Lil Peep quotes about love, life, and music.
Kevin Gates quotes that will make your day
71. “The things that are most difficult for me to put into words and speak about, I put into my music. I’m just super passionate about my craft and super passionate about what I do.” – Kevin Gates
72. “When you stand for something, you’ve got to stand for it all the way, not halfway.” – Kevin Gates
73. “I adapt and I adjust to whatever environment I’m in.” – Kevin Gates
74. “Glory be and praise to God. I didn’t do any of this. God did. I don’t have a recipe or a blueprint. I prayed for it, and my prayers are continuing to be answered.” – Kevin Gates
75. “I’ve always stood on my own toe. I don’t need a team. don’t do the entourage thing, 30 people. I Just do not do that. That’s just not me.” – Kevin Gates
76. “I look at other people’s lives, and some people feel like they’re too old to play with toys. But I still go through the toy section at the store, ’cause there were toys that I wanted when I was little that I couldn’t have. So I still get them.” – Kevin Gates
77. “I’m a big skeptic so I won’t just go off what an individual may tell me. I gotta do the research. I’ma get different literature on that one subject and just compare and contrast. I do my own selective studies.” – Kevin Gates
78. “It’s about really really being who you are as an individual and not apologizing for it, that’s what it is. I can feel the growth from my first mixtape to now. On every song, I want to give you a piece of who I am as an individual.” – Kevin Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of song quotes from some of the biggest hits.
79. “A vision without action is merely a dream. Action, it’s the grind, it’s the hustle, it’s the persistence.” – Kevin Gates
80. “When you come up in the slums, having nothing makes you humble.” Kevin Gates
81. “I’m a bookworm. I know with my physical appearance that I don’t look like the typical reader. I’m in Barnes & Noble all the time, and you can look at people that look like they are supposed to be in there. I am in there, pants sagging, hat backwards.” – Kevin Gates
82. “I’m a perfect imperfection. My craft has been perfected. I just need affection, emotionally. I’m an introvert but it comes off as aggression” – Kevin Gates
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
83. “When people say my name, I want them to feel a certain way, everybody walks around so numb. They’re not in touch. In the technological age, we become cold-hearted. I’m going to provoke you to feel. That’s what Islah does.” – Kevin Gates
84. “Wealth is not of the pocket. It’s of the heart. It’s of the mind. I live like that. You could give me a fish and feed more for a day, but if you teach me to fish, you’ve fed me forever. So that’s really my philosophy with it all.” – Kevin Gates
85. “When you got wisdom and knowledge you supposed to spread the world with some Soulja love.” – Kevin Gates
Thought-provoking Kevin Gates quotes
86. “If I tell the truth about me, what can the world say? I’d love to be accepted, but I’m not seeking acceptance. If you are a fan, it’s because you’re a fan of who I am psychological, emotionally, and individually. The world can relate to a human being more than it can relate to a superstar.” – Kevin Gates
87. “Inspiration comes from many things, and in the life of KG his music is just one of them.” – Kevin Gates
88. “Sometimes the best move is no move.” – Kevin Gates
89. “Having love for your enemy is a hard thing to do, real talk.” – Kevin Gates
90. “Entertainment and the streets don’t go together.” – Kevin Gates
91. “People will flip on you at the drop of a dime. Just be prepared so it doesn’t surprise you.” – Kevin Gates
92. “When trying to destroy you, they Destroy themselves in the process. Fuck em’ — work harder!” – Kevin Gates
93. “Disconnecting from one you love can be a lonely ordeal. The feelings you will experience will change you.” – Kevin Gates
94. “Climbin forward, strivin’, I’m a grinder. Rearview watchin’ what’s behind you: Peripheral, watchin’ what’s on side you.” – Kevin Gates
95. “When you level up your life will change. You will come across harder opponents and situations.” – Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates quotes to motivate you
96. “Everybody around you pretending that they are your partner, let you have a problem they won’t even help you out.” – Kevin Gates
97. “Having a musical outlet is a pure blessing to the ears of thousands of fans.” – Kevin Gates
98. “I’m nowhere close to perfect, of this I’m sure, but God is!” – Kevin Gates
99. “The struggle is real, but it doesn’t last forever.” – Kevin Gates
100. “Ice box where my heart used to be. Eskimo city, no feelings, I’ma igloo.” – Kevin Gates
101. “Watch people daily and you will see their true colors.” – Kevin Gates
102. “Some’ll say life is a gamble, which means love is a casino. Everybody just playin’ to win.” – Kevin Gates
103. “Sometimes you have to let people bump their heads to realize that they are not making sense. Don’t try to figure them out or it will drive you crazy.” – Kevin Gates
104. “Anybody that’s borderline brilliant — they’re gonna suffer with depression. Cause you don’t see the world how other people see the world. You see it for what it is. You see it different.” – Kevin Gates
105. “Don’t stress over people who couldn’t give 2 pennies about you.” – Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates quotes about life
106. “If you go back on your word..I won’t say anything but in my mind you punk for life.” – Kevin Gates
107. “I’m super serious about music. That’s, like, the only thing I’m serious about.” – Kevin Gates
108. “You don’t have to like it but you gotta respect it.” – Kevin Gates
109. “I was always taught not to answer no questions. I’m not really good at answering them because I get agitated so fast.” – Kevin Gates
110. “I don’t get tired..what you tired of.” – Kevin Gates
111. “I’ve just always been a reader.” – Kevin Gates
112. “I love to be clean. I wear the same things, all of my clothes pretty much look the same. I’m a plain and simple type of guy. I don’t really do a lotta busy colors and things of that nature. I feel like less is more.” – Kevin Gates
113. “Life is about conduct and how we conduct ourselves. But two wrongs never make a right.” – Kevin Gates
114. “I always knew who I was, and I always ran from my true purpose… I know what my job is. And I always ran from it.” – Kevin Gates
115. “I don’t want no handouts. I want to get it out the mud.” – Kevin Gates
116. “To be honest I am not lookin to be romantic, already got someone at home.” – Kevin gates
117. “Pray to god someone prays for me.” – Kevin gates
118. “Everytime the leaves are changing it’s the loneliest time of the year.” – Kevin gates
119. “Can you keep up with the lingo.” – Kevin gates
120. “Everybody round you pretendin that they your partner, let you have a problem they won’t even help you out.” – Kevin gates
Also, check out these Nipsey Hussle quotes that will inspire you to hustle for your dreams.
More Kevin Gates quotes
121. “I don’t let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.” –Kevin Gates
122. “What I see, what I went through, what a friend of mine may have gone through, whatever – I rap about it.” –Kevin Gates
123. “In 7th grade, I believe, I wrote my first rap song. It was about everything I was seeing, everything that was going on around me.” –Kevin Gates
124. “I don’t just listen to rap.” –Kevin Gates
125. “I don’t is, because I’m a fan of reality, and the rap game’s entertainment.” –Kevin Gates
126. “The energy in the daytime is so different because everyone is so unhappy and depressed, and you can pick up on that energy psychokinetically. So I like to come out at night. Everything’s settled; you can see more.” –Kevin Gates
127. “Sometimes it’s painful to relive the past, but sometimes you gotta relive the past in order to heal from it.” –Kevin Gates
128. “I got it out the mud. Ain’t nobody ever gave me nothing.” –Kevin Gates
129. “One of my most popular songs, ‘Satellites,’ I paid $300 for that beat on SoundClick.” –Kevin Gates
130. “Loyalty is hard to find; trust is easy to lose.” –Kevin Gates
Thought-provoking Kevin Gates quotes
131. “Whatever an individual chooses to do with themselves, long as it doesn’t affect me and they’re respectful with it, I don’t care what they do. Because I’m not perfect and I have flaws, so who would I be to be judgmental?” – Kevin Gates
132. “I have a cult-like following because I exemplify what it is to be a human being.” – Kevin Gates
133. “I love to make music, I love to get tattoos…That’s just what I love. If I wasn’t getting paid I’d still do it.” – Kevin Gates
134. “I’m an introvert somewhat. There could be a room full of people, I’ll go stand in the corner.” – Kevin Gates
135. “Coming up in the streets, I had to learn how to read people early on. I’m a very analytical person. I observe a lot of the things that people don’t notice.” – Kevin Gates
136. “I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. I’m just a cold-blooded investigator.” – Kevin Gates
137. “Money coming, money gotta flip it. I ain’t waiting on nobody, I’mma go get it.” – Kevin Gates
138. “I’m never on Twitter. I’m never on Instagram. And that’s not by choice: it’s just that those things never really interested me. I might post a picture here and there, but that ain’t really been my focus.” – Kevin Gates
139. “Biggie Smalls, Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Big L, Tupac. That was, like, my top five, generally.” – Kevin Gates
Which Kevin Gates quotes were your favorite?
Despite enduring hardships in his childhood and facing various legal troubles, Gates has established himself as a top American rapper and singer.
Hopefully, these Kevin Gates quotes have inspired you to live your best life.
Did you enjoy these Kevin Gates quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
November 23, 2022 5:00 AM EST