These 10 Things I Hate About You quotes are still hilarious even though it has been 20 years since the film premiered.
10 Things I Hate About You is a sarcastic and funny RomCom from 1999 that will make you laugh.
You may also enjoy our article on:
It will also have you feeling all the feels, and if you are like me, you might even cry for a bit.
The movie was a modern-day remake of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, making it unique and proving just how timeless that play is, even if the original was misogynistic.
Julia Stiles stars at Katarina Stratford and delivers bitingly witty lines that honor the inspiration for her character Katherina (the original shrew) and give her the feminist edge she lacked in Shakespeare’s version.
The movie also starred Heath Ledger as Patrick, and the movie would not be the same without him.
The chemistry between Ledger and Stiles really delivers on the romance aspect of the film.
Some of the best comedic moments, outside of those between Ledger and Stiles come from interactions between Walter Stratford (Kat and Bianca’s father) and Bianca Stratford (Kat’s sister).
Keeping with the theme of the original play, Bianca is seen as the ideal female, while Kat is brooding and temperamental.
In 10 Things I Hate About You, Kat is an accomplished student, who doesn’t seem to have the time or patience for any teenage nonsense.
Their father, an obstetrician, is singularly focused on the girls becoming teenage mothers and even makes them wear a fake pregnancy belly around the house to dissuade Bianca from wanting to date.
Keep reading through these 10 Things I Hate About You quotes to see how the story ends.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Powerpuff Girls quotes about the pint-sized superheroes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
10 Things I Hate About You quotes from Katarina Stratford
1. “You’re not as vile as I thought you were.” ― Katarina Stratford
2. “She’s meeting some bikers, big ones, full of sperm.” ― Katarina Stratford
3. “Am I that transparent? I want you. I need you. Oh baby, oh baby.” ― Katarina Stratford
4. “I guess, in this society, being male and an asshole makes you worthy of our time.” ― Katarina Stratford
5. “But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.” ― Katarina Stratford
6. “My mission in life, but obviously, I struck your fancy so you see it worked, the world makes sense again.” ― Katarina Stratford
7. “Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso, trying to nail his leftovers.” ― Katarina Stratford
8. “Do you really wanna get all dressed up, so some Drakkar Noir-wearing dexter with a boner can feel you up while you’re forced to listen to a band that, by definition, blows?” ― Katarina Stratford
9. “I hate it. I hate the way you’re always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call.” ― Katarina Stratford
10. “I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme.” ― Katarina Stratford
10 Things I Hate About You quotes from Bianca and Walter Stratford
11. “My insurance does not cover PMS!” ― Walter Stratford
12. “You’re asking me out? That’s so cute! What’s your name again?” ― Bianca Stratford
13. “That’s for making my date bleed! That’s for my sister! And that’s for me!” ― Bianca Stratford
14. “Has the fact that you’re completely psycho managed to escape your attention?” ― Bianca Stratford
15. “I’m a crack-whore who should have made my skeezy boyfriend wear a condom!” ― Bianca Stratford
16. “You know, there’s a difference between like and love. I like my Skechers but I love my Prada backpack.” ― Bianca Stratford
17. “Alright, wait a minute. No drinking… no kissing, no tattoos, no piercings… Oh, God, I’m giving them ideas.” ― Walter Stratford
18. “What are the two house rules? Number One: No dating till you graduate. Number Two: No dating till you graduate.” ― Walter Stratford
19. “Can we, for two seconds, ignore the fact that you’re severely unhinged and discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?” ― Bianca Stratford
20. “You know fathers don’t like to admit it when their daughters are capable of running their own lives. It means we’ve become spectators.” ― Walter Stratford
21. “You’re 18. You don’t know what you want. And you won’t know what you want ‘til you’re 45, and even if you get it, you’ll be too old to use it.” ― Walter Stratford
22. “I’m down. I’ve got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy. I don’t care how dope his ride is. My momma didn’t raise no foo’!” ― Walter Stratford
10 Things I Hate About You quotes from other characters
23. “I burn, I pine, I perish.” ― Cameron James
24. “The shit hath hitith the fan… ith.” ― Michael Eckman
25. “Just ‘cause you’re beautiful, that doesn’t mean that you can treat people like they don’t matter.” ― Cameron James
Which of these 10 Things I Hate About You quotes is your favorite?
Initially, the relationship between Kat and Patrick starts off as a ploy.
Cameron, a new student at Padua High School, desperately wants to date Bianca.
Bianca wants to date the popular Joey Donner, but her dad refuses to let her date until Kat does.
Bianca tells Cameron her father’s new rule and, as a pretense for allowing her to date Joey, suggests that Cameron find someone willing to date Kat.
Cameron tries to elicit the help of the school “bad boy” Patrick Verona.
Another student, Michael intervenes and convinces Joey to pay Patrick to take out Kat.
Joey goes along with the plan so he can date Bianca.
Patrick agrees to the deal, but Kat makes it clear she isn’t interested and constantly rebuffs him.
Michael and Cameron (who is unaware of Bianca’s plan to date Joey) help Patrick by supplying him with information the pair have gained from Bianca about what Kat likes.
Armed with the inside scoop, Patrick begins to win over Kat.
Ultimately, she agrees to go to a party with him, which means Bianca will get to go too.
Of course, there is drama when all the plans come to light.
If you haven’t seen the movie, I won’t ruin the ending for you, but you should definitely give this one a chance!
You can watch 10 Things I Hate About You on Disney +, Amazon Prime Video, or rent it on Vudu.
Let us know your favorite 10 Things I Hate About You quote in the comment section below.