If you or your kids have ever enjoyed building with Lego bricks, then you will enjoy these Lego quotes.
Lego is a company that produces plastic construction “bricks” or toys, and the full company name is The Lego Group.
Today, Lego blocks come in many different sizes and colors and profoundly impact children’s and adults’ creative processes.
You might also like these related articles:
Lego makes the building blocks in packs that leave the user free to create anything they desire, and they also make packs that allow you to design specific things with your Lego bricks.
The popularity of Lego has led to films, games, competitions, and amusement parks being created under the Lego brand.
As of 2015, over 600 billion Lego items have been created.
Take a look at these Lego quotes to learn more about these building blocks.
Lego Quotes About the Worldwide Brand
Here are some quotes about the famous building blocks.
1. “Lego brings my imagination to life.” — Anthony T. Hincks
2. “My sons and I thoroughly enjoy Legos.” — Mark Wahlberg
3. “I think LEGOs are one of the best toys ever developed.” — Adam Savage
4. “I have a huge Lego collection – I have a really big Lego collection.” — Callan McAuliffe
5. “For me, stories are like Lego blocks. If I don’t put one down, I can’t put the next one down.” — Om Malik
6.”’ The Lego Movie: Merely a great film, or the greatest film ever in the history of cinema?” — Christy Lemire
7. “We are not interchangeable objects, LEGO pieces that click together just because the parts fit.” — Jay Crownover
8. “LEGO is universal. So many people enjoy it, from all different walks of life, all different ages, all different cultures.” — Nathan Sawaya
9. “There are all sorts of things embodied in the Lego brick – geometry and mathematics and truth and proportion and shape and color.” — James May
10. “When I was a child, Lego came in brick form; you’d buy boxes of random bricks. You used your imagination and your mind in your build.” — Ben Fogle
Lego Quotes From The LEGO Movie
Take a look at these quotes from The LEGO Movie.
11. “You need to be more friendly!” — Unikitty
12. “You don’t have to be the bad guy.” — Emmet
13. “Come with me if you want to not die.” — Lucy
14. “Hey guys, I think we’re about to crash into the sun.” — Emmet
15. “I don’t think he’s ever had an original thought in his life.” — Lucy
16. “I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey.” — Batman
17. “Hi, buddy! I’m your friendly neighborhood police officer!” — Bad Cop
18. “Unikitty, you’re supposed to follow the instructions, remember?” — Emmet
19. “Hi! I am Princess Unikitty, and I welcome you all to Cloud Cuckoo Land!” — Unikitty
20. “You’re such an amazing person. And, you know, if Batman can’t see that, then he’s just, well, he’s just as blind as a guy whose eyes stopped working.” — Emmet
Nostalgic Lego Quotes
Lego has been a part of many kids’ and adults’ lives and is nostalgic to many.
21. “I am an artist who works with Lego.” — Nathan Sawaya
22. “Lego is fun; it’s therapeutic. It’s a beautiful sensation when you click the pieces together.” — James May
23. “The sound a box of Lego makes is the noise of a child’s mind working, looking for the right piece.” — Grayson Perry
24. “LEGO has essentially taken the concrete block, the building block of the world, and made it into the building block of our imagination.” — Ayah Bdeir
25. “With a bucket of Lego, you can tell any story. You can build an airplane or a dragon or a pirate ship – it’s whatever you can imagine.” — Christopher Miller
26. “The more Lego bricks you have doesn’t mean you’re going to be more creative; you can be very creative with very few Lego bricks.” — Jorgen Vig Knudstorp
27. “You enrich people with creative resources, and over time, these Lego bricks that end up in their heads eventually build this enormous, incredible castle.” — Maria Popova
28. “When I was in South Africa, I was meeting with people who never heard of Lego bricks. And yet, when I was like, ‘Here they are,’ they immediately got it.” — Nathan Sawaya
29. “Lego, however, is always opened and then left lying around so adults have something to tread on when they are prowling around the house at two in the morning, in bare feet, looking for the source of a noise.” — Jeremy Clarkson
30. “Since 1963, LEGO bricks have been manufactured from acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer – ABS copolymer for short – a plastic with a matte finish. It is very hard and robust – import criteria for a children’s toy.” — Christian Humberg
Lego Quotes to Make You Laugh
Enjoy these funny quotes all about Lego.
31. “Now that I’m a Pez and a LEGO, I don’t really want for any more.” — Jeremy Bulloch
32. “On a scale of one to stepping on a LEGO, how much pain are you in?” — Darynda Jones
33. “I’m not sure what I was good at as a kid. I was good at playing with Legos.” — Cory Arcangel
34. “Everyone who ever walked barefoot into his child’s room late at night hates Legos.” — Tony Kornheiser
35. “When I saw Orlando from an airplane, it looked like a LEGO set sunk into an ocean of green.” — John Green
36. “As a child, I spent a lot of time with things like Lego, building trains, cars, complex structures, and I really liked that.” — Sebastian Thrun
37.”’ The Lego Movie’ did better than we could possibly have imagined. We were very nervous that people would discount it because it is called ‘The Lego Movie.’” — Christopher Miller
38. “Here’s the thing about hair; I think most people think that I have Lego hair like I can just take it on and off in one piece, and that’s not quite the case – although pretty close.” — Pete Wentz
39. “When people go to museums and see a sculpture made out of marble, they appreciate it, but it’s very doubtful that they will go home and have a slab of marble they can chip away at, but people do have LEGO.” — Nathan Sawaya
40. “LEGO has announced that they are shutting down their U.S. factory and moving it to Canada. LEGO employees say it’s their fault because they made the factory too easy to take apart and rebuild somewhere else.” — Conan O’Brien
More Lego Quotes From The First and Second LEGO Movies
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is the second movie in the “The LEGO Movie” franchise.
41. “Oh, it’s on!” — Unikitty
42. “I’m getting super-evil vibes here!” — Lucy
43. “Come on, we’ve done this before!” — Emmet
44. “Emmet, you’ve got to stop pretending everything is awesome.” — Lucy
45. “We are from the planet Duplo, and we are here to destroy you!” — Duplo
46. “I have nine movies, and three more currently in development.” — Batman
47. “Well, things sure have a way of working out smoothly. Am I right, guys?” — Emmet
48. “Kid, I invented the phrase “no regrets.” I do have one regret of not trademarking it.” — Rex Dangervest
49. “Can’t think of anything to wish for? I always just wish for more wishes because you can never have enough.” — Emmet
50. “If this relationship is ever gonna work between us, I need to feel free to party with a bunch of strangers whenever I feel like it.” — Batman
What is the History of Lego?
Although Lego officially began producing the famous interlocking bricks in 1949, the beginning goes back further than that.
Ole Kirk Christiansen was a carpenter who began making wooden toys in 1932.
In 1934 his company began to be called “Lego.”
By 1947 Lego was making plastic toys, and in 1949, they began producing interlocking building blocks.
If you like Legos, check out these Ninjago quotes!
Share these Lego quotes with your friends and family, and share your favorite in the comment section below.