These Leo Buscaglia quotes show the power that one man could make among many.
Leo Buscaglia was a professor who shifted the way he taught after losing one of his students to suicide.
He chose to start focusing on the students as individuals, teaching them the basics of love and human relationships.
Buscaglia had a way of drawing people in and has at times been referred to as the grandfather of motivational speaking.
If you are wondering how to live your best life and do relationships the right way, you can learn a lot from these Leo Buscaglia quotes.
Leo Buscaglia quotes about love
1. “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
2. “When we are loved, the people who love us want us to be what we are, not what they are. They rejoice in the fact that we are growing with our ideas, our dreams, our uniqueness, our future.” – Leo Buscaglia
3. “Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” – Leo Buscaglia
4. “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” – Leo Buscaglia
5. “Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.” – Leo Buscaglia
6. “Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers hiding who they are to love us.” – Leo Buscaglia
8. “Hugs make you feel psychologically more secure and together.” – Leo Buscaglia
9. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” – Leo Buscaglia
10. “Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself, and be good to yourself because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” – Leo Buscaglia
11. “Love is like a mirror. When you love another you become his mirror and he becomes yours. And reflecting each other’s love you see infinity.”
12. “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Buscaglia
13. “Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.” – Leo Buscaglia
14. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” – Leo Buscaglia
Leo Buscaglia quotes to live by
15. “The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.” – Leo Buscaglia
16. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
17. “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.” – Leo Buscaglia
18. “The minute we stop learning, we begin death, the process of dying. We learn from each other with every action we perform. We are teaching goodness or evil every time we step out of the house and into the street.” – Leo Buscaglia
19. “Value yourself. The only people who appreciate a doormat are people with dirty shoes.” – Leo Buscaglia
20. “Happiness and love are just a choice away.” – Leo Buscaglia
21. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” – Leo Buscaglia
22. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” – Leo Buscaglia
23. “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.” – Leo Buscaglia
24. “What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.” – Leo Buscaglia
Wise Leo Buscaglia quotes
25. “We all need each other.” – Leo Buscaglia
26. “We seem to gain wisdom more readily through our failures than through our successes. We always think of failure as the antithesis of success but it isn’t. Success often lies just on the other side of failure.” – Leo Buscaglia
27. “Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.” – Leo Buscaglia
28. “Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.” – Leo Buscaglia
29. “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.” – Leo Buscaglia
30. “The purpose of life is to help others, and if you can’t help them, won’t you at least not hurt them? I know that is a platitude, that that is sentimental and can easily be attacked. But loving, caring is simple, and we make it complex. Our own neuroses make it complex.” – Leo Buscaglia
31. “To expose feelings is to risk exposing one’s true self.” – Leo Buscaglia
32. “The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and life.” – Leo Buscaglia
Motivational Leo Buscaglia quotes
33. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Leo Buscaglia
34. “I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. You can also stop and say, ‘No, I won’t do it, I won’t behave this way anymore. I’m lonely and I need people around me, maybe I have to change my methods of behaving,’ and then you do it.” – Leo Buscaglia
35. “The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents.” – Leo Buscaglia
36. “Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” – Leo Buscaglia
37. “Choose the way of life. Choose the way of love. Choose the way of caring. Choose the way of goodness. It’s up to you. It’s your choice.” – Leo Buscaglia
38. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” – Leo Buscaglia
39. “If you don’t like the scene you’re in, if you’re unhappy, if you’re lonely, if you don’t feel that things are happening, change your scene. Paint a new backdrop.” – Leo Buscaglia
More Leo Buscaglia quotes
40. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
41. “There are scores of people waiting for someone just like you to come along, people who will appreciate our compassion, our encouragement, who will need our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give.” – Leo Buscaglia
42. “When we sit at the table, there is more going on than satisfying hunger. It is sad to think of those who eat simply to satisfy their hunger and who do not permit themselves to linger under the many spells offered by a good meal – the satisfaction of our hearts, our minds and our spirits.” – Leo Buscaglia
43. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” – Leo Buscaglia
44. “I’ve always thought that people need to feel good about themselves and I see my role as offering support to them, to provide some light along the way.” – Leo Buscaglia
45. “I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.” – Leo Buscaglia
What did you learn from these Leo Buscaglia quotes?
In life, it’s easy to get carried away with being focused on the wrong things. Entire lives can simply slip away without the real connection of relationships that should exist.
These Leo Buscaglia quotes truly communicate the effort that he believed should exist on human connection and relationships.
It’s easy to get caught up in striving for success. But when that happens, it becomes easy to overlook the people that are around us on a daily basis.
The words of Dr. Buscaglia can help you change that focus in your life. If this is an area that you struggle with, choose a favorite quote or two and make them a focus for your day.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Leo Buscaglia quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 23, 2020 7:00 AM EST