Leo Buscaglia Quotes About Love and Life
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Leo Buscaglia quotes show the power that one man could make among many.
Leo Buscaglia was a professor who shifted the way he taught after losing one of his students to suicide.
He chose to start focusing on the students as individuals, teaching them the basics of love and human relationships.
Buscaglia had a way of drawing people in and has at times been referred to as the grandfather of motivational speaking.
If you are wondering how to live your best life and do relationships the right way, you can learn a lot from these Leo Buscaglia quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Leo Buscaglia quotes about love
1. “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
You will also enjoy our article on Bart Simpson quotes.
2. “When we are loved, the people who love us want us to be what we are, not what they are. They rejoice in the fact that we are growing with our ideas, our dreams, our uniqueness, our future.” – Leo Buscaglia
3. “Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” – Leo Buscaglia
You will also enjoy our article on leo quotes.
4. “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” – Leo Buscaglia
5. “Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.” – Leo Buscaglia
6. “Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers hiding who they are to love us.” – Leo Buscaglia
8. “Hugs make you feel psychologically more secure and together.” – Leo Buscaglia
9. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” – Leo Buscaglia
10. “Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself, and be good to yourself because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” – Leo Buscaglia
11. “Love is like a mirror. When you love another you become his mirror and he becomes yours. And reflecting each other’s love you see infinity.”
12. “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Buscaglia
13. “Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.” – Leo Buscaglia
14. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” – Leo Buscaglia
Leo Buscaglia quotes to live by
15. “The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.” – Leo Buscaglia
16. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
17. “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.” – Leo Buscaglia
18. “The minute we stop learning, we begin death, the process of dying. We learn from each other with every action we perform. We are teaching goodness or evil every time we step out of the house and into the street.” – Leo Buscaglia
19. “Value yourself. The only people who appreciate a doormat are people with dirty shoes.” – Leo Buscaglia
20. “Happiness and love are just a choice away.” – Leo Buscaglia
21. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” – Leo Buscaglia
22. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” – Leo Buscaglia
23. “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.” – Leo Buscaglia
24. “What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.” – Leo Buscaglia
Wise Leo Buscaglia quotes
25. “We all need each other.” – Leo Buscaglia
What did you learn from these Leo Buscaglia quotes?
In life, it’s easy to get carried away with being focused on the wrong things.
Entire lives can simply slip away without the real connection of relationships that should exist.
These Leo Buscaglia quotes truly communicate the effort that he believed should exist on human connection and relationships.
It’s easy to get caught up in striving for success.
But when that happens, it becomes easy to overlook the people that are around us on a daily basis.
The words of Dr. Buscaglia can help you change that focus in your life.
If this is an area that you struggle with, choose a favorite quote or two and make them a focus for your day.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Leo Buscaglia quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
December 19, 2022 at 1:02 PM
I am unable to have an effect on a grand or “national level”, but I can set the good example for the smaller circle of people that I touch, each day, in this moment. If everyone did that as a starting point, the grand or national effect would be enormous. Dr. Buscaglia has always been an inspiration for me. Sometimes, on a hot day, when everything is crowded and running late and tempers are flaring, it helps to stop and think, “How can I make things better, in even a small way?” In every case, the results for me have been inspirational. Peace !
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
December 19, 2022 at 2:20 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us! I couldn’t agree more! We hope this article and the other content on the site make things better for someone every day.
January 6, 2021 at 8:26 PM
Professor Buscaglia wrote a book called “Love” about the importance of expressing feelings and using hugs to communicate them. Surprisingly he got the copyright on on the title because no one ever used it as a book title before. The California University refused to pay him for his popular classes so he taught about love for free. It became one of the most widely acclaimed courses in the history of the institution. I read his book 30 years ago and it helped change my life. It is a worthy read, even for skeptics.