These Bart Simpson quotes and lines are guaranteed to make you laugh.
Bart Simpson, the only boy child of Homer and Marge Simpson, full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
You might not have realized that the 90s cultural icon was voiced by a girl, Nancy Cartwright! Seeing as how he was 10 when the show aired that makes sense though!
Bart Simpson inspired a lot of the lingo’ we 90s kids used.
You may also enjoy our article on:
I remember frequently hearing Bart Simpson’s quote, “Eat my shorts!”
What other wacky and edgy things did Bart Simpson say of The Simpson’s incredibly long run?
Keep reading through these Bart Simpson quotes to find out!
Granted, many of his catchphrases aren’t said by the cool kids anymore, but they are still pretty funny!
Bart was created by cartoonist Matt Groening and first appeared on television in The Tracey Ullman Show short “Good Night” on April 19, 1987.
He became a popular character, in part because of the off-the-cuff things he would say.
His mischievousness, rebelliousness, and disrespect for authority also contributed to the character’s prominent role in the show.
Entertainment Weekly named Bart “entertainer of the year” in 1990 while Time Magazine named him one of the 100 most important people of the 20th century.
For her role in voicing Bart, Cartwright has won several awards including a Primetime Emmy Award in 1992 and an Annie Award in 1995.
Don’t forget to also check out these Homer Simpson quotes that will make you laugh.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Bart Simpson quotes that turned into famous catchphrases
1. “Eat my shorts!” ― Bart Simpson
2. “Don’t have a cow, man.” ― Bart Simpson
3. “Get bent.” ― Bart Simpson
4. “I’m Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?” ― Bart Simpson
5. “I didn’t do it! Nobody saw me do it. You can’t prove anything!” ― Bart Simpson
6. “Aw, Geez!” ― Bart Simpson
7. “Whoa, mama!” ― Bart Simpson
8. “Ay, caramba!” ― Bart Simpson
9. “Hey, cool, I’m dead.” ― Bart Simpson
10. “I can’t promise I’ll try, but I’ll try to try.” ― Bart Simpson
Prank Call Bart Simpson quotes
11. Moe: “Moe’s Tavern.”
Bart: “Is Mr. Freely there?”
Bart: “Freely, first initials I. P.”
Moe: “Hold on, I’ll check. Uh, is I. P. Freely here? Hey, everybody! I pee freely!”
12. Bart: “Hello? Is Homer there?”
Moe: “Homer who?”
Bart: “Homer …Sexual.”
Moe: “Wait one sec. Let me check. Uh, Homer Sexual? Uh, come on. Come on. One of you guys has gotta be Homer Sexual.”
13. Moe: “Hello, Moe’s Tavern. Birthplace of the Rob Roy.”
Bart: “Is Seymour there? Last name Butz.”
Moe: “Just a sec. Hey, is there a Butz here? Seymour Butz? Hey, everybody! I want a Seymour Butz!”
14. Moe: “Moe’s Tavern, where the elite meet to drink.”
Bart: “Uh, yeah, hello. Is Mike there? Last name, Rotch?”
Moe: “Hold on, I’ll check. Mike Rotch! Mike Rotch! Hey, has anybody seen Mike Rotch lately?”
Bart Simpson quotes and catchphrases about himself
15. “I cheated on the intelligence test. I’m sorry. But I just want to say that the past few weeks have been great. Me and you have done stuff together. You’ve helped me out with things and we’re closer than we’ve ever been. I love you, Dad. And I think if something can bring us that close it can’t possibly be bad.” ― Bart Simpson
16. “I’ve done a lot of bad stuff through the years. Now I’m paying the price but there’s so many things I’ll never get a chance to do: smoke a cigarette, use a fake I.D., shave a swear word in my hair…” ― Bart Simpson
17. “You think I’m dumb enough to fall for that? I’m insulted.” ― Bart Simpson
18. “I like to call this story ‘Hungry are the Damned’.” ― Bart Simpson
19. “Your Honor, it’s not easy being my parents. I’m always screwing up in school and getting in trouble with the law. But if I grow up to be a halfway-decent person, I know it’ll be because of my mom and dad. Everyone else might give up on me, but my parents never will.” ― Bart Simpson
20. “You got the brains and talent to go as far as you want and when you do, I’ll be right there to borrow money.” ― Bart Simpson
21. “That’s not fair! I’m ten times the Krusty fan you are. I even have the Krusty Home Pregnancy test!” ― Bart Simpson
22. “You’re turning me into a criminal when all I want to be is a petty thug.” ― Bart Simpson
23. “I won’t eat much and I don’t know the difference between right and wrong.” ― Bart Simpson
24. “I’m halfway through it, I swear!” ― Bart Simpson
25. “I wasn’t going to gamble. I just wanted a Bloody Mary.” ― Bart Simpson
Which of these Bart Simpson quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Cartwright, the voice of Bart, originally auditioned for the role of Lisa.
Yeardley Smith, another actress, tried out for Bart, however, her voice was too high for a boy.
She was cast to voice Lisa instead.
Meanwhile, Cartwright felt that Lisa was boring and lacked substance, so she auditioned for Bart.
Bart’s character got most of the attention during the first two seasons, and “Bartmania” began.
Despite his fanbase, teachers and parents believed the character was a terrible role model.
That didn’t stop Bart Simpson-themed merchandise from being sold everywhere!
He has been compared to Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer.
Around the third season, the show focused more on the family as a unit.
There have been many other characters in adult cartoons that followed Bart.
Their behavior is much worse than Bart’s mischievous nature.
His character has become much less shocking over the years, as TV has developed!
Leave any other Bart Simpson quotes and lines you love in the comment section below!