The face mask quotes compiled in this article are fascinating and engaging.
Have fun by sharing these quotes with your friends and family members via social media.
We have curated these quotes depending on their type and placed them under relevant sections.
It won’t be difficult for you to find the quote of your choice.
Apart from the quotes, we have also discussed a brief history of face masks and their different types.
So, without any further delay, let’s dive in!
When Did People Start Wearing Face Masks?
Lewis Hassley is the inventor of the first face mask, which miners used in 1848.
This was the first preventive mask, which resulted in the formation of modern surgical masks.
However, there are other specific masks that people wear when going to parties.
For instance, Halloween face masks are quite popular among people.
There is another type of mask known as the fashion face mask.
The culture of wearing face masks as a fashion accessory isn’t new, as this trend existed centuries ago.
In its earliest form, fashion face masks were worn in different cultures, especially in ancient civilizations.
During the 16th century, people in Venice used to wear face masks to celebrate the Venetian carnival.
Apart from this, face masks have been used in African culture during rituals and celebrations.
After Covid-19, people continued to wear masks as both a preventive measure and a fashion accessory.
Types of Face Masks?
There are various reasons behind people wearing face masks.
Hence, there is a specific type of face mask for every purpose.
Below are the most prominent types of face masks:
- Preventive Masks: People wear preventive masks to keep them safe from respiratory infections like influenza and COVID-19.
- Designer Masks: In some cases, people wear designer face masks as a fashion statement to reflect their personal style.
- Party Masks: There are various types of party face masks, including carnival masks or Halloween masks.
- Industrial Masks: These masks protect workers from harmful or toxic air.
- Character Face Mask: These face masks are worn by actors and actresses during a stage play or theater performance.
- Fun to wear Face Masks: These face masks are specifically designed for kids and include masks of cartoon characters, superheroes, and various other themes.
We hope you’ve got enough information about face masks and their types. Now, let’s come to our main section, which is related to fantastic face mask quotes.
Top 10 Face Mask Quotes
Following are top face mask quotes by well-known authors and writers around the world.
1. “A mask tells us more than a face.” — Oscar Wilde
2. “Tear off the mask. Your face is glorious.” — Rumi
3. “He wears a mask, and his face grows to fit it.” — George Orwell
4. “The only proper mask to wear in life is your own damn face.” — Toni Cade Bambara
5. “The other night, a mugger took off his mask and made me wear it.” — Rodney Dangerfield
6. “Masks are what they seem to be; not so the faces beneath them.” — Mason Cooley
7. “You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.” — Alan Moore
8. “The human face is, after all, nothing more nor less than a mask.” — Agatha Christie
9. “I like the masks; because the real face of the mask is again itself!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “That boy hardly needed a mask when his naked face was already impenetrable.” — Lionel Shriver
Halloween Face Mask Quotes
Halloween is a Christian event that is celebrated by wearing special Halloween face masks. Below are amazing quotes in this regard.
11. “Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on.” — River Phoenix
12. “Now, I have a Halloween mask I think you might get a kick out of. That’s scary.” — Jay Leno
13. “At Halloween, a lot of young people were wearing Bush masks mocked up as an incarnation of the Devil.” — Jon Snow
14. “I didn’t have to wear a mask on Halloween to scare people, so I didn’t need one to cover my face on the field!” — Tommy McDonald
15. “Halloween is a day in which some people choose to wear a mask…. while others finally feel safe to take theirs off.” — Steve Maraboli
16. “Last Halloween, a kid tried to rip my face off. He thought it was a mask. Now it’s different when I open the door; the kids hand me candy.” — Rodney Dangerfield
17. “This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy, you will sound just like him.” — Conan O’Brien
18. “My favorite scary movie was always ‘Halloween.’ I love that there’s hidden emotion underneath Michael Myers’ psychotic behavior. Plus, he has the best mask, hands-down.” — Chris Zylka
19. “I wish every day could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.” — R. J. Palacio
20. “Then, finally, in the third year, begging the parents, I got the Superman Halloween costume. Cardboard box, self-made top, mask included. Remember the rubber band on the back of that mask? That was a quality item there, wasn’t it? That was good for about 10 seconds before it snapped out of that cheap little staple they put it in there with.” — Jerry Seinfeld
Character Face Mask Quotes
Famous movie characters’ marks are worn by many people to show their love for characters. Face mask quotes about famous characters are shared with you.
21. “Don’t cross me, Scooby-Doo. I’m not an old man in a mask waiting to be thwarted by you meddling kids.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
22. “When the ‘Batman’ TV series was taken to the silver screen, one of America’s favourite sweethearts would don the mask and claws of Catwoman.” — Eartha Kitt
23. “I don’t wear a mask; I don’t have a suit. It’s not some CG double or a stunt double. The suffering the character [Doctor Strange ] goes through is immense!” — Benedict Cumberbatch
24. “I hope I can make some Hollywood-type action films like ‘Batman’ or ‘Spiderman’, action films like that. With some wire work, maybe wearing a mask. Like that.” — Jackie Chan
25. “Ninja Turtles, Batman. You name it, I was a huge fan. And that’s what I used to play with my friends. We would have the masks and the swords and pretend we had superpowers.” — Robbie Amell
26. “There was Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, an aloof superstar who had everything and needed no one. And Michael Jackson, the shy kid under the mask, who lacked even a single real friend.” — Michael Jackson
27. “I’m a big fan of domino masks, like Zorro or Robin. You could put a domino mask on anything, and it becomes a superhero. You put a domino mask on a milkman, and he becomes, like, Super Milkman.” — Gerard Way
28. “In Fleetwood Mac, I have a persona; I call myself the ‘Spider Woman’. I try to imagine myself putting on a spider mask. I become very subdued and quieter, I don’t move so fast., I’m in a state of suspended animation.” — Stevie Nicks
29. “Like the character I played in Jekyll, we all have different masks we put on for different occasions. As much as we all want to lead decent lives, we’re also attracted by the idea that something dark may lurk within us.” — James Nesbitt
30. “In Ronan’s hand, the mask was as thin as a sheet of paper, still warm from Adam’s gasped breaths. Orphan Girl buried her face in his side, her body shaking with sobs. Her tiny voice was muffled: “Tollerere me a hic, tolerate me a hic…” Take me away from here, take me away from here.” — Maggie Stiefvater
Hilarious Face Mask Quotes
Following Face mask quotes are a source of bringing a smile to your face. You will surely enjoy these quotes.
31. “My eye-balls are glass, my limbs marble, my face fixed in its marble mask.” — Hilda Doolittle
32. “I will continue wearing the white hat and black mask until I ride up into the big ranch in the sky.” — Clayton Moore
33. “I had a birthday one night on a farm we were shooting on. I walked into the tent, and there were 150 people waiting for me, all wearing masks of my face.” — Stephen Hopkins
34. “I like to let my skin breathe when I’m not shooting or working, so that’s why you’ll find me on most of my social media accounts barefaced with face masks!” — Shay Mitchell
35. “When I just want to be free, I’ll wear the Banderas outfit and the mask and touch myself. On the chest. Only on the chest. I just want to feel the silky silks.” — Rich Fulcher
36. “If I got a superpower, I wouldn’t say, oh, I got to get a costume and put on a mask. I would say hey, I can do something better than other people. How can I turn it into a buck?” — Stan Lee
37. “Choosing the right mask helps you… We went through many masks. It was very particular leather that, as soon as you smudged it, you had to get a new one. We went through about 55 masks.” — Gerard Butler
38. “I love the fact that one time, my face was on the back of a cereal box – probably 3-CPOs – and it was a mask where you cut out the eye holes and put a string through the side. It makes me feel like I’m 11 years old all over again.” — Mark Hamill
39. “For the first time, the sun kissed my own naked face, and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance, I cried, “Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks.” Thus I became a madman.” — Khalil Gibran
40. “What would be frightening about me jumping out of the bush wearing a pig mask is not the sudden surprise, not me, and not the pig mask, but that the ordinary world had split open for a moment to reveal some possibility never previously considered.” — Peter Straub
Wise Face Mask Quotes
Face mask quotes show wisdom as well. You will learn a lot from these wise quotes.
41. “It’s amazing what lies people can sustain behind the mask of their real faces.” — Philip Roth
42. “There are people in this world who can wear whale masks and people who cannot, and the wise know to which group they belong.” — Tom Robbins
43. “We have to find in Christ, not a mask that conceals our face, but an entire wardrobe of clothing, which is His righteousness.” — R. C. Sprout
44. “Why do you wear a mask and hood? “I think everybody will in the near future,” was the man in black’s reply. “They’re terribly comfortable.” — William Goldman
45. “You know you’re walking around with a mask on, and you desperately want to take it off, and you can’t because everybody else thinks it’s your face.” — Pat Barker
46. “..we wear the mask that grins and lies; it hides our cheeks and shades our eyes- this debt we pay to human guile; with torn and bleeding hearts we smile.” — Paul Laurence Dunbar
47. “I always appear behind a mask. As such, I can visit my own exhibitions without any visitors knowing who I really am even if I stand a few steps away from them.” — Invader
48. “All my life, I wanted to be a bank robber. Carry a gun and wear a mask. Now that it’s happened, I guess I’m just about the best bank robber they ever had. And I sure am happy.” — John Dillinger
49. “I was always in disguise. I’d wear masks or weird get-ups, so you couldn’t recognize me. I was always afraid that if somebody caught on that it was me, I’d never work again.” — Paul Reubens
50. “I’ve always used masks. I think it’s a lot about the fact that masks often reveal a sort of subconscious element to a character. The mask is carved and given an expression or markings to reveal something, even though it’s shielding the face. Even though it’s hiding the face, it seems to reveal something underneath.” — Dave McKean
Which of these Face Mask Quotes is your Favorite?
We have included a wide range of interesting quotes in this collection.
For instance, you can enjoy reading face mask quotes that are hilarious.
We have also included movie character face mask quotes and Halloween face mask quotes to add variation.
If you have found your preferred quote, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.