The Leo in me had far too much fun finding these Leo quotes, and felt like I could just keep going forever! Before we dive in, I should answer:
“What is the Leo?”
Leos (the 5th astrological sign), are people who are born between July 23 and August 22nd. We are fire signs, ruled by the sun, and our zodiac symbol is the lion.
Pridefulness might be a downfall of the Leo, but like the lion and the center of the universe, we naturally draw others to us.
If you ask whether you should “mess with a Leo”, the answer is probably not! Fierceness, loyalty, and a little essence of royalty flow through our veins.
Keep reading these Leo quotes to discover the characteristics of a Leo.
Whether you are looking for words from famous Leos, a new Leo themed tattoo, or just want to have a better understanding of the Leo in your life, you will find the answer here!
Famous Leo quotes on success, goals, and motivation
1. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” —Barrack Obama
2. “Writing for me is a kind of compulsion, so I don’t think anyone could have made me do it, or prevented me from doing it.” —J.K Rowling
3. “Leos don’t need anger management, they just need people to stop pissing them off.” — Unknown
4. “Never be ashamed of a scar, it simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” —Demi Lovato
5. “Whatever you dream of doing one day, don’t give up on that dream because you never know where it can take you.” —Demi Lovato
6. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” —Barack Obama
7. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” —J.K. Rowling
8. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” —Barrack Obama
9. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – J.K. Rowling
10. “My sign is Leo. A Leo has to walk with pride. When he takes a step, he has to put his foot down. You walk into a room and you want people to know your presence, without you doing anything.” —Wesley Snipes
Have you seen these Aquarius quotes for January and February babies?
Leo quotes that make great memes or tattoos
11. “Make a choice: continue living your life feeling muddled in this abyss of self-misunderstanding, or you find your identity independent of it. I think that having the courage to step out of the norm is the most important thing.” —Meghan Markle
12. “Leo is a combination of tender, loving soul and a ready to snap firecracker.” — Unknown
13. “A Leo will give your butt just enough chances to show they care (their forgiving nature) but don’t push it.” —Unknown
14. “If Leo was a drug, it’d be cocaine.” —Oneta Walker
15. “A Leo’s motto: I’m not gonna change who I am, so you’re just going to have to deal with it.” —Unknown
16. “Leos ride a pendulum between overdoing things, or just not giving a fuck at all.” —Unknown
17. “Sometimes Leos sit in the bathroom and cry, but then walk out like nothing ever happened.” —Unknown
18. “Leo admires and is admired, loves and is loved.” —Linda Goodman
19. “I never lose. I either win or I learn.” —Nelson Mandela
Leo quotes to remind you we are sun signs after all
20. “The day will be what you make it, so rise like the sun, and burn.” —William C. Hannan
21. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” —Walt Whitman
22. “The vibration of Leo, ruled by the Sun itself, is almost tangible, a thing you can actually feel throughout your whole being in the presence of a Lion or Lioness.” —Linda Goodman
23. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “You’re always glowing, Leo. Something about being born in the summertime means that you have the natural ability to shine bright like the sun. You’re quite possibly the loudest in any room — or at least the most radiant — and a firm believer that a good laugh can cure just about anything and spark any social situation.” — Marisa Casciano
25. “Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.” —Maya Angelou
Leo quotes about lions and royalty
26. “The Leo contains the essence of royalty.” —Linda Goodman
27. “You can’t kill the spirit of the lionhearted.” —Erin Van Vuren
28. “A lioness is a lot of woman. She’s rather a luxury item, not available in the bargain basement.” —Linda Goodman
29. “A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man.” — Turkish Proverb
30. “If love is missing from his life, the fiery lion will simply pine away – dramatically of course.” — Linda Goodman
31. “Having a Leo as a best friend is a lot of fun. They are generous and adored by so many people. They love having the spotlight on them and are often considered bossy. However, a lot of people will turn a blind eye to how bossy the Leo is because they are so fun. They always know how to cheer people up, and everyone wants to keep the Lion around because of its good nature and its thrilling personality.” —January Nelson
32. “Never forget who you are.” —The Lion King
33. “You know, I am a Leo. Lion is a giant part of me.” —Patrick Swayze
Leo quotes about relationships
34. “A Leo woman couldn’t love you if you weren’t strong.” —Linda Goodman
35. “One might say Leos possess a kind of instant passion.” —Linda Goodman
36. “Having sex with a Leo is a unique experience. Correction: Having sex with a Leo is a mind-blowing experience.” —Unknown
37. “Full of fire that bursts from within, Leo’s are dramatic, yet creative in nature. They expect everything in life to be spectacular – how could life not be spectacular with a Leo around?” —Carlie Fox
38. “When a Leo is falling in love, they’re as charismatic as ever, but they’re also looking for someone with whom they can share the life they love so much.” — Brianna Wiest
39. “Dating a Leo is like dating the head cheerleader in high school, there’s a bit of intrigue about someone like that who would actually date a mortal.”— Chrissy Stockton
40. “For Leos, there is one currency to rule them all: attention. When they love someone they heap attention on them. They laugh at their jokes, compliment them, make them the star of the show — if only because this is a Leo’s preferred method of being courted.” — Chrissy Stockton
41. “A Leo absolutely loves being around people. This makes them the happiest. They also really enjoy watching their favorite shows with someone they love.” — January Nelson
42. “If he is a Leo male, he is bold, confident, is exceptionally generous, kind-hearted, very creative and loves children. He is turned on by women who are strong and own their power.” —Leigh Goldberg
Leo quotes about leadership and what draws other people to them
43. “A Leo will hook you with their humor, and they know it. They have the ability to take in everything around them and serve funny jokes about those things seamlessly. They will use exaggeration to make people chuckle, and groups will often be found laughing loudly in their presence.” — January Nelson
44. “We are drawn to Leos because they are creative performers. They are always hysterical, always the favorite friend of the group, always the person who entertains you and creates the best memories. They are the opposite of dull and punctuate your relationship with belly laughs.” —Chrissy Stockton
45. “Leos, you are a natural-born leader. You are friendly and honest, and people are drawn to your energy. You are the type of person people admire because they want to emulate your spirit and your sociability.” — January Nelson
46. “Nice guys and girls everywhere bitterly envy a Leo who has no problem singing their own praises. Leos are successful and get their well-deserved acclaim because, very simply, they ask for it. In their own subtle way, they are masters of never letting anyone walk all over them or letting their hard work go unnoticed.” — Chrissy Stockton
47. “Confidence is key, dear Leo. You take charge and others take notice. You’re dominant and never passive. You make the first move and are the ones to turn up the temperature.” — Bob Alaburda
48. “Leos are fiercely loyal and some of the most generous friends to have. People are drawn to their enthusiasm and passion, in everything they do.” —Caithlin Pena
49. “To impress a Leo it is quite simple. Demand attention, be charming and look them straight in the eye. They respect anyone who challenges them.” — January Nelson
50. “Being different is what a Leo loves” — Unknown
What did you learn from these Leo quotes?
Four US presidents have been Leos; along with countless actors, writers, and other leaders. That’s not surprising when you take in the fact that Leo’s are usually natural-born leaders, friendly, proud, and love attention! Would you agree with this description when you think of the Leos in your life?
I described myself as a “Leo, Leo” the other day…as I’m sure many of us Leos would! I feel like my zodiac sign fits me perfectly. Even the less than pleasant aspects of my personality are spot on!
I will leave you with one last quote from Zodiacking.com, “Leos believe that you’re the ruler of your own destiny and if you’re not going to change your life when problems occur, don’t cry about it!”
What Zodiac sign are you, and do you feel like it fits you? Please let me know in the comment section, along with any other Leo quotes or sayings I may have missed!
March 5, 2020 7:00 AM EST