The Leo in me had far too much fun finding these Leo quotes, and felt like I could just keep going forever!
You may also enjoy our article on:
Before we dive in, I should answer the following:
“What is the Leo?”
Leos (the 5th astrological sign), are people who are born between July 23 and August 22nd.
We are fire signs, ruled by the sun, and our zodiac symbol is the lion.
Pridefulness might be a downfall of the Leo, but like the lion and the center of the universe, we naturally draw others to us.
If you ask whether you should “mess with a Leo”, the answer is probably not!
Fierceness, loyalty, and a little essence of royalty flow through our veins.
Keep reading these Leo quotes to discover the characteristics of a Leo.
Whether you are looking for words from famous Leos, a new Leo themed tattoo, or just want to have a better understanding of the Leo in your life, you will find the answer here!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Famous Leo quotes on success, goals, and motivation
1. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” —Barrack Obama
You will also enjoy our article on Scorpio quotes.
2. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” —J.K. Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on leonardo da vinci quotes.
3. “Leos don’t need anger management, they just need people to stop pissing them off.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on lion king quotes.
4. “Leo is a combination of tender, loving soul and a ready to snap firecracker.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on science quotes.
5. “Whatever you dream of doing one day, don’t give up on that dream because you never know where it can take you.” —Demi Lovato
You will also enjoy our article on death quotes.
6. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” —Barack Obama
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about education.
7. “Writing for me is a kind of compulsion, so I don’t think anyone could have made me do it, or prevented me from doing it.” —J.K Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on anna karenina quotes.
8. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” —Barrack Obama
You will also enjoy our article on catch me if you can quotes.
9. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – J.K. Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
10. “My sign is Leo. A Leo has to walk with pride. When he takes a step, he has to put his foot down. You walk into a room and you want people to know your presence, without you doing anything.” —Wesley Snipes
Have you seen these Aquarius quotes for January and February babies?
Leo quotes that make great memes or tattoos
11. “Make a choice: continue living your life feeling muddled in this abyss of self-misunderstanding, or you find your identity independent of it. I think that having the courage to step out of the norm is the most important thing.” —Meghan Markle
You will also enjoy our article on monday motivation quotes.
12. “Never be ashamed of a scar, it simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” —Demi Lovato
You will also enjoy our article on september quotes.
13. “A Leo will give your butt just enough chances to show they care (their forgiving nature) but don’t push it.” —Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes of the day.
14. “If Leo was a drug, it’d be cocaine.” —Oneta Walker
You will also enjoy our article on listening quotes.
15. “A Leo’s motto: I’m not gonna change who I am, so you’re just going to have to deal with it.” —Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings about life.
16. “Leos ride a pendulum between overdoing things, or just not giving a fuck at all.” —Unknown
17. “Sometimes Leos sit in the bathroom and cry, but then walk out like nothing ever happened.” —Unknown
18. “Leo admires and is admired, loves and is loved.” —Linda Goodman
19. “I never lose. I either win or I learn.” —Nelson Mandela
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Taurus quotes about the zodiac’s most sensual sign.
Leo quotes to remind you we are sun signs after all
20. “The day will be what you make it, so rise like the sun, and burn.” —William C. Hannan
21. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” —Walt Whitman
22. “The vibration of Leo, ruled by the Sun itself, is almost tangible, a thing you can actually feel throughout your whole being in the presence of a Lion or Lioness.” —Linda Goodman
23. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “You’re always glowing, Leo. Something about being born in the summertime means that you have the natural ability to shine bright like the sun. You’re quite possibly the loudest in any room — or at least the most radiant — and a firm believer that a good laugh can cure just about anything and spark any social situation.” — Marisa Casciano
25. “Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.” —Maya Angelou
Leo quotes about lions and royalty
26. “The Leo contains the essence of royalty.” —Linda Goodman
27. “You can’t kill the spirit of the lionhearted.” —Erin Van Vuren
28. “A lioness is a lot of woman. She’s rather a luxury item, not available in the bargain basement.” —Linda Goodman
29. “A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man.” — Turkish Proverb
30. “If love is missing from his life, the fiery lion will simply pine away – dramatically of course.” — Linda Goodman
31. “Having a Leo as a best friend is a lot of fun. They are generous and adored by so many people. They love having the spotlight on them and are often considered bossy. However, a lot of people will turn a blind eye to how bossy the Leo is because they are so fun. They always know how to cheer people up, and everyone wants to keep the Lion around because of its good nature and its thrilling personality.” —January Nelson
32. “Never forget who you are.” —The Lion King
33. “You know, I am a Leo. Lion is a giant part of me.” —Patrick Swayze
Leo quotes about relationships
34. “A Leo woman couldn’t love you if you weren’t strong.” —Linda Goodman
35. “One might say Leos possess a kind of instant passion.” —Linda Goodman
36. “Having sex with a Leo is a unique experience. Correction: Having sex with a Leo is a mind-blowing experience.” —Unknown
37. “Full of fire that bursts from within, Leo’s are dramatic, yet creative in nature. They expect everything in life to be spectacular – how could life not be spectacular with a Leo around?” —Carlie Fox
38. “When a Leo is falling in love, they’re as charismatic as ever, but they’re also looking for someone with whom they can share the life they love so much.” — Brianna Wiest
39. “Dating a Leo is like dating the head cheerleader in high school, there’s a bit of intrigue about someone like that who would actually date a mortal.”— Chrissy Stockton
40. “For Leos, there is one currency to rule them all: attention. When they love someone they heap attention on them. They laugh at their jokes, compliment them, make them the star of the show — if only because this is a Leo’s preferred method of being courted.” — Chrissy Stockton
41. “A Leo absolutely loves being around people. This makes them the happiest. They also really enjoy watching their favorite shows with someone they love.” — January Nelson
42. “If he is a Leo male, he is bold, confident, is exceptionally generous, kind-hearted, very creative and loves children. He is turned on by women who are strong and own their power.” —Leigh Goldberg
Leo quotes about leadership and what draws other people to them
43. “A Leo will hook you with their humor, and they know it. They have the ability to take in everything around them and serve funny jokes about those things seamlessly. They will use exaggeration to make people chuckle, and groups will often be found laughing loudly in their presence.” — January Nelson
44. “We are drawn to Leos because they are creative performers. They are always hysterical, always the favorite friend of the group, always the person who entertains you and creates the best memories. They are the opposite of dull and punctuate your relationship with belly laughs.” —Chrissy Stockton
45. “Leos, you are a natural-born leader. You are friendly and honest, and people are drawn to your energy. You are the type of person people admire because they want to emulate your spirit and your sociability.” — January Nelson
46. “Nice guys and girls everywhere bitterly envy a Leo who has no problem singing their own praises. Leos are successful and get their well-deserved acclaim because, very simply, they ask for it. In their own subtle way, they are masters of never letting anyone walk all over them or letting their hard work go unnoticed.” — Chrissy Stockton
47. “Confidence is key, dear Leo. You take charge and others take notice. You’re dominant and never passive. You make the first move and are the ones to turn up the temperature.” — Bob Alaburda
48. “Leos are fiercely loyal and some of the most generous friends to have. People are drawn to their enthusiasm and passion, in everything they do.” —Caithlin Pena
49. “To impress a Leo it is quite simple. Demand attention, be charming and look them straight in the eye. They respect anyone who challenges them.” — January Nelson
50. “Being different is what a Leo loves” — Unknown
Leo Quotes about being a Leo
50. “Don’t forget that Leo contains the essence of royalty.” – Linda Goodman
51. “I have such an ego ’cause I’m a double Leo. I can’t let go of me, so it’s very difficult for me to be somebody else and not me. I’m so into me.” – Paul Mooney
52. “Maybe it’s just because I’m a Leo.” – Tierra Whack
53. “I am into having my hands in a bunch of different things. I am a Leo and I love to be active and creative.” – Howie Dorough
54. “Something about being born in the summer season means that you have the natural ability to shine bright like the sun.” – Marisa Casciano
55. “The lion will be a chivalrous and gallant suitor, tenderly protective and sentimentally affectionate.” – Linda Goodman
56. “I’m Pisces with Leo rising. The Pisces part is the dreamer. Leo always says, ‘Let’s execute’. ” – Quincy Jones
57. “Leos are seldomly hampered by modesty or self -effacement.” – Linda Goodman
58. “Give like the sun, and the whole world grows tall.” – Atticus
59. “I’m a Leo, with an Aquarian mid-heaven, so I can be mistaken for an Aquarius. My Sun-Uranus conjunction in Leo makes me an honorary Aquarian anyway.” – Roland Orzabal
Beautiful Leo Quotes From Linda Goodman And Others
60. “At the end of the day, I’m walking with the heart of a lion.” ― Kid Cudi
61. “I have a feeling that inside you somewhere, there’s somebody nobody knows about.” ― Alfred Hitchcock Thornton Wilder
62. “There are no introverted Leo, they pretend to be introverts.” ― Linda Goodman
63. “My favorite holiday is my birthday-it’s very Leo.” ― Jennifer Lopez
64. “Leos may be born brave by the brain. Yet the fragile heart which kneels for their loved one, always makes them go weaker by the time.” ― Zephyr Limns
65. “A Leo woman may control all other sun sign men, but when it comes to the male and female Leos, the Lion dominates the Lioness.” ― Linda Goodman
66. “The Leo girl usually makes a jewel of a wife.” ― Linda Goodman
67. “Every lion (and lioness) is born free.” ― Linda Goodman
68. “Leo the lion, rules all the other animals. Leo, the person, rules you and everybody else.” ― Linda Goodman
69. “Usually a Leo will not let up an attack until the foe is completely demolished. Pride and vanity can be the undoing of a Leo.” ― Peter Balin
70. “You’re gonna hear me roar.” – Katy Perry
Leo Quotes About Their Personality
71. “If a raise is out of the question, a Leo will be almost as happy with an impressive title.” — Paula Taylor
72. “Leos walks into a room and wants people to know they are there.” — Wesley Snipes
73. “More than anything, Leo needs to respect a partner intensely. Without the grand respect, Leo can fall into lust but never in love.” — Jenni Kosarin
74. “In essence, Leo symbolizes the concept of the noble heart. Especially, you’re known for your vitality and star-quality.” — Joanna Martine
75. “Leo doesn’t get along with the mundane reality of relationships and the inconsistency and limitations of human nature.” — Liz Greene
76. “Don’t mess with a Leo.” — Danielle Dahl
77. “Leos are famed for being very bright and bold ‘up-front’ people. If you’ve incarnated as a Leo, there’s probably not a lot that intimidates you.” — Doreen Virtue
78. “Leos are faithful, adoring, and jolly but can become fixated if there is a problem they cannot solve and never walk away in an argument. They need the final word!” — Mary English
79. “Glorious Leo! Your sign is ruled by the brilliant sun, and you tend to be creative, generous, and open-hearted.” — Rick Levine
80. “Leo has the distinction of being the sign that rules the human heart!” — Vera Kaikobad
Leo Quotes To Inspire Everyone To Be Brave Like A Lion
81. “Leos don’t give up like a lion chasing its prey until he gets it.” — A. P. Parashar
82. “With inborn showmanship, Leos are often the centre of attention and love to lead organizations.”— A.S.K. Kingsley
83. “Leo is the fire sign ruled by the Sun. It represents individual self – expression. The symbol for Leo is the lion , the king of the jungle.” — Joyce Levine
84. “Bright, undaunted by failures, resilient and exuding positivity, the Leo woman handles life with a true ‘bring it on’ attitude!” — Chetan D. Narain
85. “Leo absolutely loves being around people. They also really enjoy watching their favorite shows with someone they love.” — January Nelson
86. “A Lion in love will conquer the world. They positively burst with energy and will fight enemies three times larger if their beloved is threatened.” — Therrie Rosenvald
87. “It’s about being who you are. If people can’t accept it, too bad.” — Kylie Jenner
88. “Leo is fire sign, and this imbues them with a great sense of passion.” — Kramer Wetzel
89. “She’s a badass with a good heart, soft but strong.” — Reuben Holmes Sin
90. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
What did you learn from these Leo quotes?
Four US presidents have been Leos; along with countless actors, writers, and other leaders.
That’s not surprising when you consider that Leo’s are usually natural-born leaders, friendly, proud, and love attention!
Would you agree with this description when considering the Leos in your life?
I described myself as a “Leo, Leo” the other day…as I’m sure many of us Leos would!
I feel like my zodiac sign fits me perfectly.
Even the less-than-pleasant aspects of my personality are spot on!
I will leave you with one last quote from Zodiacking.com, “Leos believe that you’re the ruler of your own destiny and if you’re not going to change your life when problems occur, don’t cry about it!”
What Zodiac sign are you, and do you feel like it fits you?
Please let me know in the comment section, along with any other Leo quotes or sayings I may have missed!