These love yourself quotes are an inspiring reminder that you have to love yourself before you can ever truly love anyone else.
It’s always important to appreciate that person staring back at you in the mirror!
How can you expect others to love you if you don’t love yourself first?
Plus, it’s good for your mental health, physical health, mood, energy, and productivity.
Despite knowing it’s important, we don’t often make it a habit.
Keep reading to see our favorite self-love and self-care quotes and any sayings to remind you how amazing you are from the inside out!
What Are the Benefits of Reading Self-Love Quotes?
There are numerous benefits to reading about self-love.
Firstly, the health benefits of reading positive affirmations include more kindness and compassion toward oneself, elevated mood, and improved mental health.
You can also gain emotional strength by reading these uplifting words.
If you don’t love yourself, you might accept a type of love that is less than what you deserve.
It can feel like it’s easier to love others than to love ourselves, and it becomes a habit.
We can give amazing advice to other people about how they can develop their own self-esteem, but when that conversation is over, we can still struggle with loving ourselves.
We can give great advice and talk to others in such a thoughtful and empowering way, but when we talk to ourselves, we’re not thoughtful; we’re hurtful.
And instead of encouraging ourselves, we’re blaming ourselves for our past.
It makes us feel unworthy, suppresses our mental health, and can cause depression.
We’ve all been there, lying in bed in the middle of the night, staring at phone screens, beating ourselves up, and giving others all the credit.
But the good news is that we can change how we think and talk to ourselves.
You can feel good about yourself.
You can make a habit of putting YOU first.
One of the most important lessons we can learn in life is to love ourselves because
- Loving ourselves is a form of self-care
- How we treat ourselves will directly impact how we treat others.
- Our overall physical and mental health is affected by our love for ourselves
- Our compassion and empathy will come from our ability to forgive and see the best in ourselves
Quotes about self-love can become mantras and change the way you speak to yourself.
It gives you moments of pure joy just for being you.
It is not selfish; it’s a fundamental skill to generate the strength needed to love others.
Love Yourself Quotes for When You Feel Like You Aren’t Good Enough
These quotes will remind you of the inherent value you hold just for being you, and for that, you can be very grateful.
1. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” ― Carl Jung
2. “Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.” ― Gary Zukav
3. “Find the love you seek by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.” ― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
4. “You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations.”― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
5. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” ― Malcolm S. Forbes
6. “You have to grow, you have to be, you have to love yourself unconditionally.”― Dominic Riccitello
7. “Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself.”― Nikki Rowe
8. “At the end of the day, you won’t be happy until you love yourself.” — Lady Gaga
9. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” ― Walt Whitman
Love Yourself Quotes About Dreams and Goals
Achievements come easily when you have self-love.
10. “One cannot give what he does not possess. To give love, you must possess love. To love others, you must love yourself.” — Leo Buscaglia
11. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.― Yogi Bahaman
12. The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”― William James
13. I love myself, for I am a beloved child of the universe, and the universe lovingly takes care of me now.― Louise Hay
14. “There are women who struggle to gain weight who are beautiful. There are women who struggle to LOSE weight who are beautiful. You know who is the most beautiful? Those who learn to love themselves the way they are. You don’t need to change for ANYONE.”― Teresa Mummer
15. It isn’t what they call you. It’s what you answer to.― W.C. Fields
16. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.” ― Sanober Khan
17. “Words always remain words, the world will change” ― Mayan Kumar Louteriya
Love Yourself Quotes About Giving Love
When you give love to yourself, you simultaneously give to friends and family, too.
18. “Love others to make them feel better and so that you see yourself in the mirrors of their eyes.”― Debasish Mridha
20. “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.”― Teresa Collins
21. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”― Mary Dunbar
22. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
23. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” ― Thaddeus Golas
24. “Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth.”― Karen A. Baquiran
25. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ― William James
26. “You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.”― Criss Jami, Healology
Sayings About Respect and Value
Know your boundaries; this is essential for self-love.
27. “Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority, and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself first!”― Stephanie Lahart
28. “Maybe if we love ourselves healthy, we will all heal?”― Nikki Rowe
29. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” ― William Shakespeare, Henry V.
30. “The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.”― Edmond Mbiaka
31. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “Whoever loves you now—and you must also love yourself—will love the truth of you.” — Cassandra Clare
33. “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” ― Hindu Proverb
34. “Love only yourself a little bit longer, until you can’t stand not to love someone else.” ― Kiera Cass, Happily Ever After
35. “Most important, in order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.” — Portia de Rossi
Love Yourself Enough
There is always more love for others when you first have it for yourself.
36. “Love yourself enough to have a meaningful life.”― Millen Livis
37. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will.” — Dr. Wayne Dyer
38. “If you ever want to love someone, love yourself unconditionally first.”― Debasish Mridha
39. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.”― Barbara De Angelis
40. “You say you need to love others, but do you love yourself.”― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom
41. “When you start loving yourself and respecting your time and energy, things will change. Get to know your worth, and your value will go up.”― Germany Kent
42. “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?”― Goldie Hawn
43. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
44. “You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Because it’s only when we love ourselves that we feel worthy of someone else’s love.”― Alyssa B. Sheinmel, Faceless
45. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.
46. “No other love, no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.”― Edmond Mbiaka
47. “Others can’t always define your true identity. They see what they ‘want’ to see, but beyond your mess, God sees the beauty He created and still thinks it’s good!”― Chinonye J. Chidolue
Love Yourself Quotes to Uplift You
These quotes are a great pick-me-up for days when self-love is hard.
48. “Wildflower, pick up your pretty little head; it will get easier; your dreams are not dead.”― Nikki Rowe
49. “Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather, it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.”― Margo Anand
50. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.”― Roy Bennett
51. “Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.”― Daphne Rose Kingman
52. “Your problem is you’re … too busy holding onto your unworthiness.”― Ram Dass
53. “Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”― Veronica A. Shoffstall
54. “If you can wrap yourself around the idea that you are something incredible, then you will stop excusing behavior that rapes your very soul. You were never meant to teach someone to love you. You were meant to be loved.”― Shannon L. Alder
55. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
56. “Be very, very, very gentle with yourself. The world is very, very, very hard on you”― Srividya Srinivasan
57. “People that don’t know what they are worth will always see their capture’s wings, but never their tail.”― Shannon L. Alder
Quotes About Purpose and Discovery
It’s amazing what you will find on the journey to personal love.
These quotes get to the point of what you might discover.
58. “You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.”― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
59. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.” ― Ken Keyes
60. “The greatest love that you could ever experience on earth is the one that only comes from you to you.”― Edmond Mbiaka
61. “My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another.” ― Shakti Gawain
62. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” ― Sandra Bierig
63. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” ― Jean Vanier
64. “Somewhere, somebody is looking for someone exactly like you.” ― Germany Kent
Self-Love Quotes About Truth
Being honest with ourselves is not always in our nature; sometimes, we know everything just feels wrong.
But being true to ourselves is the only way to be authentic.
65. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” ― Abraham Lincoln
66. “Spend time understanding who you are; after all, the only person you’re ever going to truly live with is yourself.”― Nikki Rowe
67. “If only you knew how beautiful you are unconditionally. Don’t you know it’s enough if all you do is breathe?”― Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From 56 to 221 Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
68. “Even in the loneliest moments, I have been there for myself.”― Sanober Khan
69. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” ― Louise Hay
70. “When you’re constantly thinking of others and what they must be thinking or feeling or expecting, you wind up in this perpetual state of trying to please them. You see yourself through their eyes, and you lose sight of who you are.” ― Michael Soll, Scorched
71. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
72. “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.” ― Ellen Sue Stern
Quotes About Joy and Success
Joy and success aren’t just for some; they are for everyone. You deserve to have it all!
73. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” ― Jean Shinoda Bolen
74. “When you establish peace, when you establish love, when you establish kindness here [inside], you cannot act any other way to the outside world.” ― Mimi Ikonn
75. She lacks confidence; she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others; she does not dare to be herself.” ― Anais Nin
76. “Your heart truly deserves the priceless feeling of unconditional love that can only come from you to you.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
77. “You are a true success if you can trust yourself, love yourself, and be yourself.” ― Debasish Mridha
78. “Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the ‘other self’ is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror.” ― Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich
79. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ― Rumi
80. “You are responsible for who you become… Love yourself, like your speed; Leave your scars; live your skills!” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365
81. “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” — Unknown
Achieving Self-Love Quotes
Finding self-love is a big hurdle but an even bigger achievement.
There is nothing wrong with you if it takes you a while; just keep striving!
82. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” — Unknown
83. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” — Edmund Hillary
84. “Sometimes the noise of life can be just too much. If you need to escape, love yourself enough to know when you need a real time out.” ― Karen A. Boquerón
85. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes About Being Your Own Best Friend
One thing is for sure: no one will be a better friend to you than you will be to yourself.
86. “Without you, the world would not be as magnificent. Let yourself remember to love again, starting with you loving you.” ― Miya Yamanouchi, Embrace Your Sexual Self: A Practical Guide for Women
87. “When you love yourself endlessly, you will find that the whole world loves you too.”― Debasish Mridha
88. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” ― Stephanie Lahart, Overcoming Life’s Obstacles: Enlighten-Encourage-Empower
89. “It’s not your job to like me… it’s MINE!” ― Byron Katie
90. “Love yourself not in some egocentric, self-serving sense but love yourself the way you would love your friend in the sense of taking care of yourself, nourishing yourself, trying to understand, comfort, and strengthen yourself.”― Frederick Buechner, Telling Secrets
91. “Follow that will and that way which experience confirms to be your own.” ― Carl Jung
Love Yourself Quotes from Influential People
Sometimes, we just need to hear from someone else that there is nothing wrong with putting ourselves first.
92. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.” ― Buddha
93. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” ― Ian Wallace
94. “The best friend you will ever find is you. Love yourself with joy and fill your heart with bliss and happiness.” ― Debasish Mridha
95. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
96. “Love is a battle with yourself. Be kind and love yourself before you love anyone else.”― Karen Quan, Better to be able to love than to be loveable
97. “Perfectionism is searching for faults to justify low self-esteem.” ― Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From 56 to 221 Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
98. “Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.”― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
99. “You can’t build joy on a feeling of self-loathing.” ― Ram Dass
100. “The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.” ― E. E. Cummings
Quotes to Boost Self-Esteem
Criticizing ourselves is part of human nature, especially criticizing our bodies.
But the more we work on being kind to our own hearts, the more criticisms naturally fade.
101. “Dress yourself in such a way that it shows that you love yourself.”― Debasish Mridha
102. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”— Louise L. Hay
103. “Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself.” — Sanhita Baruah
104. “Love yourself. That kind of love can get you through anything.”― Alfa H, Abandoned Breaths
105. “I will love you through everything. Can you do yourself the same honor?” ― Scott Stabile
106. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” — Jennifer Lopez
107. “You don’t have to stop fighting for others, you just have to remember to fight for yourself too.” ― Liz Newman
108. “Make peace with yourself before you move forward. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.” ― Roy T. Bennett
109. “Love yourself first, and you will always be in love.” ― AVA
110. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
Quotes for Emotional Strength
When you think having self-love is impossible, remember some of these quotes to boost your mental health, happiness, and strength.
121. “Self-love seems so often unrequited.” — Anthony Powell
122. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” — Robert Morely
123. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” — Kristin Chenoweth
124. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” — Les Brown
125. “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” — Karolina Kurkova
126. “I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.” — Mae West
127. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
128. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.”
— Maxwell Maltz
129. “Self-care is never a selfish act- it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” — Parker Palmer
130. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”— Brené Brown
Self-Love Quotes to Celebrate You
It’s not wrong to celebrate yourself!
It is good for your mood and mental health, so applaud your achievements just as you would your own best friends and take all the credit!
131. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”― Charles Bukowski
132. “Celebrate who you are in your deepest heart. Love yourself, and the world will love you.”― Amy Leigh Mercree
133. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”― Tina Fey
134. “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.”― Diane Von Furstenberg
135. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”― Shannon L. Alder
136. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.”― Rita Mae Brown
137. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.”― Eartha Kitt
Reminders to Love Yourself
We can all use reminders from time to time to love ourselves.
138. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much, there’s nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.”― Karl Lagerfeld
139. “You are beautiful. Know this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply lying. You are beautiful.”― Steve Maraboli
140. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”― Rob Liano
141. “Brains come in different types, and they’re all normal.” — Simon Baron-Cohen
142. “We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it: within.”― Alexandra Ell
143. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.”― Deborah Day
144. “If you don’t love yourself, you won’t be happy with yourself. If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love anyone else. You can’t give the love you do not have. You can’t make anyone love you without loving yourself first.”― Kemi Sogunle
145. “Self-love is an ocean, and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.”― Beau Taplin
Justin Bieber Love Yourself Quotes
Male artist Justin Bieber performed his adult-contemporary song Love Yourself (written by Ed Sheeran) at the 2016 Grammy Awards.
The music video features husband-and-wife dancers Keone and Mari Madrid dancing their way through their house, and the video ends when the wife wakes up and finds a note on her husband’s pillow that says “Love Yourself.”
People worldwide fell in love with the music video and went crazy when Bieber performed it with an acoustic guitar onstage.
The music video was directed by Parris Goebel.
146. “My mama don’t like you, and she likes everyone.” — Justin Bieber
147. “Didn’t see what’s going on, but now I know, I’m better sleeping on my own.” — Justin Bieber
148. “And if you think that I’m still holdin’ on to somethin’, You should go and love yourself.” — Justin Bieber
149. “I never felt so low, and I was vulnerable. Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?” — Justin Bieber
150. “’Cause if you like the way you look that much, Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself.” — Justin Bieber
151. And every time you told me my opinion was wrong, And tried to make me forget where I came from.” — Justin Bieber
Ed Sheeran Quotes About Loving Yourself
Most people don’t know that male artist Ed Sheeran is the songwriter behind Bieber’s big hit.
As a musician and artist, Ed Sheeran prioritizes being authentic and has much wisdom to share about self-love.
152. “Be a true Heart, not a follower.” — Ed Sheeran
153. “Be original; don’t be scared of being bold!” — Ed Sheeran
154. “If someone tells you to change yourself, tell them to go fuck themselves.” — Ed Sheeran
155. “I’ve had years of teasing about my red hair, but I definitely think it toughened me up. If you’re ginger, you end up pretty quick-witted.” — Ed Sheeran
156. “I think the moment you start trying to please a fan base is when you start going downhill. I’m going to always, always write about what I want, even if it doesn’t necessarily cater to most of them.” — Ed Sheeran
Self-Love Lyrics from Musicians
These song lyrics by famous musicians will have you finding self-love while getting in your feels with some acoustic guitar.
It’s interesting to see the different approaches that a female artist vs. a male artist takes to self-love.
157. “I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast. I love y’all, but I love me the most.” — Meghan Trainor
158. “How can you love if you don’t love yourself? If you don’t love yourself, you can love no one else.” — The Script
159. “But you don’t have to be his girl. And you don’t have to be my girl. You can always be your own girl.” — The Wallflowers
160. “I’mma tell ’em all, I’mma tell ’em all that you could either hate me or love me. But that’s just the way I am.” — Charlie Puth
More Quotes from Musicians
These lyrics encourage you to love yourself more.
It’s also fun to check out the music video for these songs to really get inspired.
161. “I’m gonna love myself more than anyone else. Believe in me, even if someone can’t see the stronger woman in me.” — Jewel
162. “But now I understand that if I’m gonna love someone, I’m just gonna love myself. I already know I’m fabulous.” — Ally Brooke
163. “We’d always go into it blindly. I needed to lose you to find me. This dancing was killing me softly. I needed to hate you to love me, yeah.” — Selena Gomez
164. “I know I’m Superwoman; I know I’m strong. I know I’ve got this ’cause I’ve had it all along. I’m phenomenal; I’m enough. I don’t need to tell you to tell me who to be.” — Kelly Clarkson
165. “Don’t feel like putting makeup on my cheeks. Do what I wanna. Love every single part of my body. Top to the bottom. I’m not a supermodel from a magazine, no. It’s okay with not being perfect.” — Anne-Marie
166. “When there’s no one else, look inside yourself. Like your oldest friend, just trust the voice within. Then, you’ll find the strength that will guide your way. You’ll learn to begin to trust the voice within.” — Christina Aguilera
Quotes About Self-Care
Having self-love means allowing for self-care with no guilt or excuses!
So shut off the phone screens, put on some acoustic guitar, take a bath, and let the love wash over you.
167. “Don’t forget to love yourself.” — Soren Kierkegaard
168. “Be beautiful, be stylish, and love yourself.” — Karishma Tanna
169. “Love other human beings as you would love yourself.” — Ho Chi Minh
170. “If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first.” — RM
171. “One way to feel good about yourself is to love yourself… to take care of yourself.” — Goldie Hawn
172. “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” — Hannah Bronfman
173. “All we have is today. Just live it. We don’t know about tomorrow. So, enjoy the day. Love yourself, and spread love around.” — Charlotte Rae
174. “Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.” — Ileana D’Cruz
175. “You have so much love in your heart. Love yourself because you deserve the love that you give others.” ― Avijeet Das
176. “Knowing yourself and learning to love yourself as you are is the beginning of beauty.” — Sonia Rykiel
Remember That Nobody’s Perfect
A wise woman once said that ‘perfection is offensive.” These quotes definitely corroborate that she was not wrong.
177. “You deserve someone who makes you feel like the otherworldly creature you are. Yourself.” — Amanda Lovelace
178. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” — Stephen Chbosky
179. “Be the love you never received.” — Rune Lazuli
180. “I just wanted to remind you, in case you needed to hear it, to be kind and loving to yourself, and talk to yourself like you would talk to your best friend.” — Camila Cabello
181. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” — Beyoncé
182. “I’m not going to apologize for who I am, and I’m going to actually love the skin that I’m in. I’m not gonna be striving for some other version of myself.” — Amy Schumer
183. “Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am, and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” — Kate Winslet
184. “Just do what works for you because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.” — Michelle Obama
185. “Being comfortable in your own skin is one of the most important things to achieve. I’m still working on it!” — Kate Mara
186. “I was once afraid of people saying, ‘Who does she think she is?’ Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am.’”— Oprah Winfrey
Love Yourself Quotes To Enhance Life
Loving yourself often includes letting go of the past, which is one thing that improves your physical and mental health.
187. “Loving yourself is the foundation for finding inner peace, happiness, and the ability to love others.” ― Lori Deschene
188. “Love yourself. This is not about being self-centered; this tip has something about appreciating your worth and what you can do.” ― Mick McPherson
189. “Love yourself unconditionally. Love yourself enough to grant your heart the feelings of love and kindness.” ― Avijeet Das
190. “Loving yourself is not an act; it is not something you initiate. It is something you allow.” ― Wes Beavis
191. “The more you love yourself, the better you perform.” ― M. K. Soni
192. “Find ways to love yourself. Learn to speak kindly. These are the magic words that open all doors.” ― Raven Mardirosian
193. “One way to love yourself and take charge of your life is through the practice of gratitude. Practicing gratitude increases self-awareness.” ― Veronica Smith
Be Kind To Yourself Quotes
Self-compassion and self-acceptance are paramount to being able to love yourself and achieve mental health and happiness throughout your body and soul.
194. “It’s much easier to love yourself when you are being yourself.” — Don Coppersmith
195. “Saturday is a day for the spa. RELAX, indulge, enjoy, and love yourself, too.” — Ana Monnar
196. “Love yourself no matter what!” — Erin Heatherton
197. “If you don’t love yourself, it’s impossible for you to love others. You can’t give away what you don’t have.” — Joyce Meyer
198. “Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.” — Robin Williams
199. “Love yourself. KNOW thyself. And be mindful of your thoughts.” — RuPaul
Love Yourself Quotes and Lyrics
Whether your jam is adult contemporary, disco, acoustic guitar, or symphony strings, some of the best songs are odes to oneself.
200. “Gonna love myself. No, I don’t need anybody else.” — Hailee Steinfeld
201. “Our first and last love is self-love.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
202. “Love yourself no matter who you are or where you come from.” — Diane Guerrero
203. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
204. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” — Ernest Hemingway
205. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” — Aldous Huxley
206. “Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.” — Zig Ziglar
207. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” — Walt Disney
208. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” — Mitch Albom
209. “It is very important to learn how to talk to yourself, listen to yourself, and make friends with your feelings and emotions.” ― Marta Tuchowska
Re-Read Love Yourself Quotes
Now that you are inspired by all the reasons to love yourself and all the ways how you will have a new energy about you.
Use this newfound feeling to do things that grow your self-love, moments of joy, and overall well-being.
That is the point of reading quotes like these, so make it a habit.
Remember, by doing so, you are improving your emotional and mental health.
It’s not wrong to take time for YOU!
Which quote about loving yourself was your favorite?
What else would you add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.