You have to love yourself before you can ever truly love anyone else, and these love yourself quotes should serve as your reminder to always appreciate that person staring back at you in the mirror.
Keep reading to see our favorite self-love quotes to show you just how awesome you are from the inside out!
If you don’t love yourself how can you expect others to love you? If you don’t love yourself, you might accept a type of love that is less than what you deserve.
At times it can feel like it’s easier to love others than it is to love ourselves. We can give amazing advice to other people about how they can develop their own self-esteem, but when that conversation is over we can still struggle with loving ourselves.
We can give great advice to others and talk to them in such a thoughtful and empowering way, but then when we talk to ourselves; we’re not thoughtful, we’re hurtful. And, instead of encouraging ourselves, we’re blaming ourselves for our past.
We’ve all been there, lying in bed in the middle of the night beating ourselves up. But the good news is, we can change how we think about and talk to ourselves. You can feel good about yourself.
One of the most important lessons we can learn in life is to love ourselves because how we treat ourselves, will directly impact how we treat others.
Our confidence will come from self-love. Our compassion and empathy will come from our ability to forgive and see the best in our own self. Quotes about self-love can become mantras and change the way you speak to yourself.
Loving yourself is not a selfish act, but it’s a fundamental skill to generate the strength needed to love others. In that vein, below is our collection of inspiring, beautiful, and happy love yourself quotes, love yourself sayings, and love yourself proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
Love yourself quotes for times when you feel like you’re not good enough
1. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”― Carl Gustav Jung
2. “Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.”― Gary Zukav
3. “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Quotes about love that are like mantras
4. “You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations.”― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
Self Love quotes about self-esteem and confidence
5. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.”― Malcolm S. Forbes
6. “You have to grow, you have to be, you have to love yourself unconditionally.”― Dominic Riccitello
7. “Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself.”― Nikki Rowe
8. “Dismantle your wounds so you stop living your life by them.”― Nikki Rowe
9. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.”― Walt Whitman
Don’t forget to also check out these quotes about imperfection and embracing your flaws.
Love quotes about dreams and goals
10. “Love yourself and dream bigger.”― Teresa Collins, Live LIFE in All Caps: The Teresa Collins Story
11. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.― Yogi Bahaman
12. The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”― William James
Love yourself quotes that will make you smile
13. I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now.― Louise Hay
14. “There are women who struggle to gain weight who are beautiful. There are women who struggle to LOSE weight who are beautiful. You know who is the most beautiful? Those who learn to love themselves the way they are. You don’t need to change for ANYONE.”― Teresa Mummer
15. It isn’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.― W.C. Fields
16. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.” ― Sandbar Khan
17. “Words always remain words, the world will change” ― Mayan Kumar Louteriya
Read these inspirational baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
Love quotes about relationships with others
18. “Love others to make them feel better and so that you see yourself in the mirrors of their eyes.”― Debasish Mridha
19. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”― Alan Cohen
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
Quotes about loving yourself and finding your gifts
20. “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.”― Teresa Collins
21. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”― Mary Dunbar
22. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
23. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” ― Thaddeus Golas
24. “Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth.”― Karen A. Baquiran
Also, check out these insightful self harm quotes that will help move you to a calm moment.
I love myself quotes about treating others with compassion
25. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ― William James
26. “You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.”― Criss Jami, Healology
You might also like our list of the best self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
Love quotes about respect and value
27. “Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself, first! You’re just as important as anybody else.”― Stephanie Lahart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
28. “Maybe if we love ourselves healthy we will all heal?”― Nikki Rowe
29. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”― William Shakespeare, Henry V.
Love yourself quotes and sayings
30. “The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.”― Edmond Mbiaka
31. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “Our entire life … consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are.”― Jean Anouih
33. “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.”― Hindu Proverb
34. “Love only yourself a little bit longer, until you can’t stand not to love someone else.”― Kiera Cass, Happily Ever After
35. “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “Love yourself enough to have a meaningful life.”― Millen Livis
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of love of my life quotes to help you celebrate the amazing people in your life.
Self love quotes about dreams and goals
37. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”― Anna Taylor
38. “If you ever want to love someone, love yourself unconditionally first.”― Debasish Mridha
39. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.”― Barbara De Angelis
40. “You say you need to love others, but do you love yourself.”― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom
41. “When you start loving yourself and respecting your time and energy, things will change. Get to know your worth, and your value will go up.”― Germany Kent
You might also like these heart touching quotes celebrating love and life.
Quotes about loving yourself and being who you were meant to be
42. “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?”― Golden Hawn
43. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”― George Eliot
44. “You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Because it’s only when we love ourselves that we feel worthy of someone else’s love.”― Alyssa B. Sheinmel, Faceless
45. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.”― C. JoyBell C.
46. “No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.”― Edmond Mbiaka
47. “Others can’t always define your true identity. They see what they ‘want’ to see but beyond your mess, God sees the beauty He created and still thinks it’s good!”― Chinonye J. Chidolue
Love yourself quotes to lift your spirit
48. “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head, It will get easier, your dreams are not dead.”― Nikki Rowe
49. “Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.”― Margo Anand
50. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.”― Roy Bennett
51. “Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.”― Daphne Rose Kingman
52. “Your problem is you’re … too busy holding onto your unworthiness.”― Ram Dass
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ram Dass quotes about the power of meditation.
53. “Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”― Veronica A. Shoffstall
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of garden quotes about the power of nature.
54. “You are not an option, a choice or a soft place to land after a long battle. You were meant to be the one. If you can wrap yourself around the idea that you are something incredible, then you will stop excusing behavior that rapes your very soul. You were never meant to teach someone to love you. You were meant to be loved.”― Shannon L. Alder
Quotes about loving yourself and having great relationships
55. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.”― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
56. “Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very very hard on you”― Srividya Srinivasan
57. “People that don’t know what they are worth will always see their capture’s wings, but never their tail.”― Shannon L. Alder
Love quotes about purpose and discovery
58. “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.”― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
59. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.”― Ken Keyes
60. “The greatest love that you could ever experience on earth is the one that only comes from you to you.”― Edmond Mbiaka
61. “My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another.”― Shakti Gawain
62. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”― Sandra Bierig
63. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.”― Jean Vanier
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check our collection of eyes quotes that will intrigue you to look past what you see.
64. “Somewhere, somebody is looking for someone exactly like you.”― Germany Kent
Self love quotes about being the real you
65. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”― Abraham Lincoln
66. “Spend time understanding who you are, after all the only person your ever going to truly live with; is yourself.”― Nikki Rowe
67. “If only you knew how beautiful you are unconditionally. Don’t you know it’s enough if all you do is breathe?”― Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From 56 to 221 Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
68. “Even in the loneliest moments I have been there for myself.”― Sanober Khan
69. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”― Louise L. Hay
70. “When you’re constantly thinking of others and what they must be thinking or feeling or expecting, you wind up in this perpetual state of trying to please them. You see yourself through their eyes and you lose sight of who you are.”― Michael Soll, Scorched
71. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
72. “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.”― Ellen Sue Stern
I love myself quotes about joy in life
73. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.”―Jean Shinoda Bolen
74. “When you establish peace, when you establish love, when you establish kindness here [inside], you cannot act any other way to the outside world.”― Mimi Ikonn
75. She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not dare to be herself.”― Anais Nin
Don’t forget to also check out these deep love quotes to best express deep feelings.
Love yourself quotes about more success in your life
76. “Your heart truly deserves the priceless feeling of unconditional love that can only come from you to you.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
77. “You are a true success if you can trust yourself, love yourself, and be yourself.”― Debasish Mridha
78. “Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the ‘other self” is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror.”― Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich
79. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”― Rumi
80. “You are responsible for who you become… Love yourself, like your speed; Leave your scars; live your skills!”― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365
81. “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” – Unknown
Love quotes about life and family
82. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”– Unknown
83. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
84. “Sometimes the noise of life can be just too much. If you need to escape, love yourself enough to know when you need a real time out.”― Karen A. Boquerón
85. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes about loving yourself and being your own best friend
86. “My Dear Friend, Don’t ever allow yourself to forget how incredibly special you are, even for a single second. Without you, the world would not be as magnificent. Let yourself remember to love again, starting with you loving you.”― Miya Yamanouchi, Embrace Your Sexual Self: A Practical Guide for Women
87. “When you love yourself endlessly, you will find that the whole world loves you too.”― Debasish Mridha
88. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.”― Stephanie Lahart, Overcoming Life’s Obstacles: Enlighten-Encourage-Empower
89. “It’s not your job to like me…it’s MINE!”― Byron Katie
90. “Love yourself not in some egocentric, self-serving sense but love yourself the way you would love your friend in the sense of taking care of yourself, nourishing yourself, trying to understand, comfort, and strengthen yourself.”― Frederick Buechner, Telling Secrets
91. “Follow that will and that way which experience confirms to be your own.”― Carl Gustav Jung
Self-love quotes and sayings
92. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.”― Buddha
93. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”― Ian Wallace
94. “The best friend you will ever find is you. Love yourself with joy and fill your heart with bliss and happiness.”― Debasish Mridha
95. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
96. “Love is a battle with yourself. Be kind and love yourself before you love anyone else.”― Karen Quan, Better to be able to love than to be loveable
97. “Perfectionism is searching for faults to justify low self-esteem. It is a guaranteed failure and fantasy.”― Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From 56 to 221 Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
98. “Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.”― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
99. “You can’t build joy on a feeling of self-loathing.”― Ram Dass
100. “The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.”― E. E. Cummings
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
Love yourself quotes to boost your self-esteem
101. “Dress yourself in such a way that it shows that you love yourself.”― Debasish Mridha
102. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”– Louise L. Hay
103. “Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself.” – Sanhita Baruah
104. “Love yourself. That kind of love can get you through anything.”― Alfa H, Abandoned Breaths
105. “I will love you through everything. Can you do yourself the same honor?” ― Scott Stabile
106. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” – Jennifer Lopez
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Jennifer Lopez quotes to inspire productivity.
107. “You don’t have to stop fighting for others, you just have to remember to fight for yourself too.” ― Liz Newman
108. “Make peace with yourself before you move forward. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.” ― Roy T. Bennett
109. “Love yourself first, and you will always be in love.” ― AVA
110. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
Love yourself quotes to help you value yourself more
111. “Find company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day.” ― Connor Chalfant
112. “Love yourself so strongly that nothing can derail you or disturbed your peace.”― Debasish Mridha
113. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”– Benjamin Spock
114. “It’s when you start to love yourself more than those around you that your ego begins to take shape & form.” ― Anthony T.Hincks
115. “Whatever you did today is enough. Whatever you felt today is valid. Whatever you thought today isn’t to be judged. Repeat the above each day.”― Brittany Burgunder
116. “You have to be able to love yourself because that’s when things fall into place.” – Vanessa Hudgens
117. “The only two words you should ever say to a mirror are “Hello, Beautiful.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
118. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” ― Brené Brown
119. “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” – Jenn Proske
120. “Have the courage to love yourself like you always wished someone would.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
Love yourself quotes to make you mentally stronger
121. “Self-love seems so often unrequited.” – Anthony Powell
122. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morely
123. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” – Kristin Chenoweth
124. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” –Les Brown
125. “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” – Karolina Kurkova
126. “I don’t like myself, I’m crazy about myself.” – May West
127. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
128. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.”
– Maxwell Maltz
129. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
130. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”– Brené Brown
Self love quotes to bring out the best in you
131. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”― Charles Bukowski
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Charles Bukowski quotes to help you see life from a brand new perspective.
132. “Celebrate who you are in your deepest heart. Love yourself and the world will love you.”― Amy Leigh Mercree
133. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”― Tina Fey
134. “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.”― Diane Von Furstenberg
135. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”― Shannon L. Alder
136. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.”― Rita Mae Brown
137. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit.”― Eartha Kitt
138. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.”― Karl Lagerfeld
139. “You are beautiful. Know this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply lying. You are beautiful.”― Steve Maraboli
140. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”― Rob Liano
141. “Looking back you realize that a very special person passed briefly through your life and that person was you. It is not too late to become that person again.”― Robert Brault
142. “We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.”― Alexandra Ell
143. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.”― Deborah Day
144. “If you don’t love yourself, you won’t be happy with yourself. If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love anyone else. You can’t give the love you do not have. You can’t make anyone love you without loving yourself first.”― Kemi Sogunle
145. “Self love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.”― Beau Taplin
Love yourself quotes to boost your self-confidence
146. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox
147. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
148. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
149. “Love yourself and love those around you. Take care of yourself and take care of those around you. Lead by example. Give love. Be a part of everything that is great in the world, and in turn there is more love and greatness in the world! Change the world!” – Jeffrey I. Moore
150. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
151. “At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that.”― Amit Ray
152. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” – Zoe Kravitz
153. “If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After awhile you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place.”― Criss Jami
154. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.”― Michel de Montaigne
155. “Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball
You might also like these know your worth quotes to boost your confidence.
Other self love and self esteem quotes
156. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
157. “Love yourself like you would a treasured love or a cherished child.”― Amy Leigh Mercree
158. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
159. “As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.” – Charlie Chaplin
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of lonely quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone.
160. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
161. “There are so many more important things to worry about than how you’re perceived by strangers.”― Dennis Lehane
162. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” – André Gide
163. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”― Madonna
164. “I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me.” – Elizabeth Taylor
165. “Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.”― Sarah Dessen
More love yourself quotes and sayings
166. “Self respect, self worth and self love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value.” – Rob Liano
167. “Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.” – Tara Stiles
168. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Washington Thurman
169. “All people deserve your kindness, but none more so than you.” – Justin Kan
170. “The moment you accept yourself, you become beautiful.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
171. “No one knows how you treat yourself, but it’s the most important relationship you have.” – Bill Masur
172. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
173. “Only when you are kinder to yourself, you can be kinder to the world.” – Haemin Sunim
174. “All you really need to do is accept this moment fully. You are then at ease in the here and now and at ease with yourself.” – Eckhart Tolle
175. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
Also check out these love quotes to get better at expressing how you feel.
Love yourself quotes to remind you why it matters
176. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” — Katrina Mayer
177. “Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all time.” — Unknown
178. “Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.” ― Rupi Kaur
179. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” — Rupi Kaur
180. “You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.” — Rupi Kaur
181. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” — Carl Gustav Jung
182. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” — Unknown
183. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” — Unknown
184. “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.” — Haruki Murakami
185. “People who love themselves don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” — Dan Pearce
Love yourself quotes from song lyrics and musicians
186. “I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast. I love y’all, but I love me the most.” — Meghan Trainor
187. “How can you love if you don’t love yourself? If you don’t love yourself, you can love no one else.” — The Script
188. “But you don’t have to be his girl. And you don’t have to be my girl. You can always be your own girl.” — The Wallflowers
189. “I’mma tell ’em all, I’mma tell ’em all that you could either hate me or love me. But that’s just the way I am.” — Charlie Puth
190. “I’m gonna love myself more than anyone else. Believe in me, even if someone can’t see the stronger woman in me.” — Jewel
191. “But now I understand that if I’m gonna love someone, I’m just gonna love myself. I already know I’m fabulous.” — Ally Brooke
192. “We’d always go into it blindly. I needed to lose you to find me. This dancing was killing me softly. I needed to hate you to love me, yeah.” — Selena Gomez
193. “I know I’m Superwoman, I know I’m strong. I know I’ve got this ’cause I’ve had it all along. I’m phenomenal, I’m enough. I don’t need to tell you to tell me who to be.” — Kelly Clarkson
194. “Don’t feel like putting makeup on my cheeks. Do what I wanna. Love every single part of my body. Top to the bottom. I’m not a supermodel from a magazine, no. It’s okay with not being perfect.” — Anne-Marie
195. “When there’s no one else, look inside yourself. Like your oldest friend, just trust the voice within. Then you’ll find the strength that will guide your way. You’ll learn to begin to trust the voice within.” — Christina Aguilera
Love yourself quotes to put a spring in your step
196. “What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” – C. Joybell C.
197. “Dare to love yourself / as if you were a rainbow / with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
198. “As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening.” – Charlie Chaplin
199. “I want to be the best version of myself for anyone who is going to someday walk into my life and need someone to love them beyond reason.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
200. “Fall / in love / with your solitude.” ― Rupi Kaur
201. “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” – Warsan Shire
202. “One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others.” – Bell Hooks
203. “I feel keeping a promise to yourself is a direct reflection of the love you have for yourself. I used to make promises to myself and find them easy to break. Today, I love myself enough to not only make a promise to myself, but I love myself enough to keep that promise” – Steve Maraboli
204. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Delia
205. “The way you think about yourself determines your reality.” – Shannon L. Alder
Love yourself quotes about why it’s so important
206. “Don’t forget to love yourself.” — Soren Kierkegaard
207. “Be beautiful, be stylish, and love yourself.” — Karishma Tanna
208. “Love other human beings as you would love yourself.” — Ho Chi Minh
209. “If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first.” — RM
210. “One way to feel good about yourself is to love yourself… to take care of yourself.” — Goldie Hawn
211. “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” — Hannah Bronfman
212. “All we have is today. Just live it. We don’t know about tomorrow. So, enjoy the day. Love yourself, and spread love around.” — Charlotte Rae
213. “Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.” — Ileana D’Cruz
214. “Life is really not easy, we all have our personal battles, but it is important that you really treasure yourself, love yourself and have a sense of self-worth.” — Heart Evangelista
215. “Knowing yourself, and learning to love yourself as you are, is the beginning of beauty. I think the most important thing is to show off what’s most beautiful about you and to hide what’s less beautiful.” — Sonia Rykiel
Love Yourself Quotes To Inspire Your Everyday Life
216. “You deserve someone who makes you feel like the otherworldly creature you are. Yourself.” — Amanda Lovelace
217. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” — Stephen Chbosky
218. “Be the love you never received.” — Rune Lazuli
219. “I just wanted to remind you, in case you needed to hear it, to be kind and loving to yourself, and talk to yourself like you would talk to your best friend.” — Camila Cabello
220. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you, who you are.” — Beyoncé
221. “I’m not going to apologize for who I am and I’m going to actually love the skin that I’m in. I’m not gonna be striving for some other version of myself.” — Amy Schumer
222. “Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am, and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” — Kate Winslet
223. “Just do what works for you, because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.” — Michelle Obama
224. “Being comfortable in your own skin is one of the most important things to achieve. I’m still working on it!” — Kate Mara
225. “I was once afraid of people saying ‘Who does she think she is?’ Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am.’” — Oprah Winfrey
Did you enjoy these love yourself quotes?
Now that you are inspired by all the reasons and ways in which you love yourself, you will draw a better quality of people to you. Use this newfound feeling and do things that continue to grow this self-love.
Which quote about loving yourself was your favorite? What other love yourself quotes would you add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.
July 20, 2022 5:00 AM EST