50 Lin-Manuel Miranda Quotes About Life in the Spotlight
January 19, 2021 7:00 AM EST
These Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes are encouraging, funny, and thoughtful.
Lin-Manuel Miranda is a composer, playwright, producer, and actor famous for creating and starring in Broadway musicals.
Some of his most beloved works are Hamilton and In the Heights.
Are you familiar with Lin-Manuel Miranda’s accomplishments and life events?
This collection of Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes will brighten your day and fill you with joy.
His optimism is infectious and his ambition is motivational.
Throughout his career, Lin-Manuel Miranda has earned numerous awards and accolades.
To name just a few, he has won a Pulitzer Prize, three Tony Awards, three Grammys, and one Emmy.
His words will encourage you to follow your own dreams and reach your goals.
When you believe in yourself, anything is possible.
If you are struggling with self-doubt, take a deep breath, and read these inspirational quotes from Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Spread the cheer and share these Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes with your loved ones.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes about life in the spotlight
1. “Build us a bridge to where you are.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
2. “I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
3. “Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
You will also enjoy our article on theatre quotes.
4. “Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
5. “Allow for the possibility that the best of you is still inside you, waiting to emerge.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
6. “You are perfectly cast in your life. I can’t imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
7. “The fun for me in collaboration is, one, working with other people just makes you smarter; that’s proven.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
8. “I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable; I am an original. I’m not falling behind or running late. I’m not standing still: I am lying in wait.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
9. “Sometimes a line enters your head, and you’re so grateful for it. You go online to check to see if anyone wrote it before you. You must have stolen it.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
10. “Anytime you write something, you go through so many phases. You go through the ‘I’m a Fraud’ phase. You go through the ‘I’ll Never Finish’ phase. And every once in a while you think, ‘What if I actually have created what I set out to create, and it’s received as such?’” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes to brighten your day
11. “History is so subjective. The teller of it determines it.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
12. “There’s a million things I haven’t done but just you wait. Just you wait.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
13. “Love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
14. “The musicals that leave us kind of staggering on our feet are the ones that really reach for a lot.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
15. “You know what’s a great way of tricking people into thinking you’re a genius? Write a show about geniuses!” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
16. “I grew up in an immigrant neighborhood. We just knew the rule was you’re going to have to work twice as hard.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
17. “In the best works of fiction, there’s no mustache-twirling villain. I try to write shows where even the bad guy’s got his reasons.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
18. “You and your words flooded my senses, your sentences left me defenseless. You built me palaces out of paragraphs, you built cathedrals.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
19. “In ‘Hamilton,’ we’re telling the stories of old, dead white men, but we’re using actors of color, and that makes the story more immediate and more accessible to a contemporary audience.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
20. “My only responsibility as a playwright and a storyteller is to give you the time of your life in the theatre. I just happen to think that with Hamilton’s story, sticking close to the facts helps me. All the most interesting things in the show happened.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes to encourage you to follow your own dreams
21. “You have married an Icarus; He has flown too close to the sun.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
22. “What ‘Twilight Zone’ did was show we all have a great capacity for good and evil.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
23. “Talk less. Smile more. Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
24. “If Hamilton were on Twitter, he would have been a worse oversharer than me.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
25. “’Rent’ was the show that made me want to write. Or that showed me you’re allowed to write.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
26. “To engender empathy and create a world using only words is the closest thing we have to magic.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
27. “I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight. We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night. Laughing at my sister as she dazzling the room. Then you walked in and my heart went boom.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
28. “There’s been lots of theater that uses hip-hop in it, but more often than not, it’s used as a joke – isn’t it hilarious that these characters are rapping. I treat it as a musical form and a musical form that allows you to pack in a ton of lyric.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
29. “One of my first favorite books was ‘The 12 Days of Christmas,’ and I would just go up to people and say, ‘I can sing ‘The 12 Days of Christmas,’ and I would make them sit through me reciting it, and I’d go all the way, each time. I’ve always hooked into lyrics.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
30. “Making words rhyme for a living is one of the great joys of my life… That’s a superpower I’ve been very conscious of developing. I started at the same level as everybody else, and then I just listened to more music and talked to myself until it was an actual superpower I could pull out on special occasions.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes that will inspire you to reach your goals
31. “Dying is easy, young man. Living is harder.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
32. “The past places no absolute limit on the future.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
33. “I know how deep in the DNA musicals get because they’re deep in my DNA.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
34. “How on Earth did you do that with the same 24 hours a day that everyone else gets?” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
35. “The music you love when you’re a teenager is always going to be the most important to you, and I find that it’s all over the score of ‘Hamilton.’” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
36. “What I learned from my go-round with ‘In the Heights’ is that it’s tough to make a movie. In Hollywood, even the people in charge have people in charge.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
37. “What’s incredible about ‘Hamilton,’ and the reason you can’t get a ticket is because everyone’s responding to it. Everyone is seeing a bit of themselves in it.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
38. “Because of the success of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘On Your Feet!’ you can’t hide behind the old argument of, ‘It needs to be bankable, so we can’t put all these people of color in the show.’ We are bankable.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
39. “I think I’m always subconsciously trying to write the ideal school play. Lots of parts for everybody, great parts for women – don’t forget, more girls try out than boys in the school play; everyone gets to be in the school play.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
40. “I like to separate the music- and lyric-writing processes if I can. I’ll sort of noodle around on my keyboard and my computer until I have a beat or a chord progression, I’ll record it as a loop, export it to iTunes, then walk around with the loop and sort of talk to myself in the loop, and that’s how I get the lyrics.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
More Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes
41. “If art can help us grieve, can help us mourn, then lean on it.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
42. “You have no control. Who lives, who dies, who tells your story.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
43. “Time alone is the gift of self-entertainment – and that is the font of creativity.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
44. “Legacy. What is a Legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
45. “Everything we know about Hamilton, we knew when he was alive because he told us.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
46. “When my prayers to God were met with indifference, I picked up a pen, I wrote my own deliverance.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
47. “Death doesn’t discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep living anyway….” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
48. “It looked like Mission Control if NASA’s business was launching rockets full of rapping multiracial actors in colonial garb into space.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
49. “We dream of a brand new start, but we dream in the dark for the most part. Dark as a tomb where it happens. I’ve got to be in the room where it happens.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
50. “Sometimes the right person tells the right story at the right moment, and through a combination of luck and design, a creative expression gains new force.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of legacy quotes that will inspire you to start making your mark on the world today.
What are your favorite Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes about love and life?
Hamilton is one of the most successful and beloved Broadway shows of all time, and it’s all thanks to the wonderful Lin-Manuel Miranda.
These Lin-Manuel Miranda quotes highlight his genius, humor, and thoughtfulness.
Even if you’ve never seen any of his musicals before, these encouraging quotes will put a smile on your face.
Lin-Manuel Miranda is famous for writing great lyrics and putting on an unforgettable show.
Are you a fan of his daring performances?
This list of quotes contains some of his best lines, lyrics, and sayings.
These words of wisdom will give you a fresh perspective on living life in the spotlight.
Share the quotes with everyone you know.
What are your favorite Lin Manuel Miranda quotes and sayings about life and love?
Let us know in the comment section below.