To learn more about the Holy Trinity, check out these Trinity quotes.
The Holy Trinity consists of the three entities that form the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son, which is Jesus Christ, and God in Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit.
You might also like these related articles:
The Trinity consists of the three divine persons, each with their own roles.
God is the Father, the creator of all things, and the Judge.
Jesus is the Son and the Savior of the world, who became human to sacrifice himself for humans and then be resurrected after three days and forgive people of their sins.
The Holy Spirit is known as the helper or communicator between people and God.
Take a look at these Trinity quotes to learn more about the Holy Trinity.
Best Trinity Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes about the Holy Trinity.
1. “Explain the Trinity? We can’t even begin.” — Vernon Grounds
2. “All glory be ascribed to the holy Three in One.” — Gerard Manley Hopkins
3. “God is manifest in the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” — Billy Graham
4. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” — John 1:1
5. “If this world was made by a triune God, relationships of love are what life is really all about.” — Timothy Keller
6. “In Christ, for the first time, we see that in God himself there exists-within his inseparable unity.” — Hans Urs von Balthasar
7. “The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost: there are three distinct persons: in the Name, not names; there is one essence.” — Thomas Adams
8. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” — 2 Corinthians 13:14
9. “The doctrine of the Trinity is basic to the Christian religion. It is no exaggeration to assert that the whole of Christianity stands or falls with it.” — R.B. Kuiper
10. “In God there are no three persons alongside of, and separate from, one another, but only personal self-distinctions within the Divine essence.” — Louis Berkhof
Inspirational Trinity Quotes
As you read the following quotes about the Holy Trinity, let them inspire you as you apply them.
11. “Faith leads to the contemplation of the Holy Trinity.” — Maximus the Confessor
12. “It is the nature of God to speak. The second person of the Holy Trinity is called ‘The Word.’” — A.W. Tozer
13. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.” — John 14:16
14. “Love is bound up in the very nature of the Trinity. God cannot be God without love, because God is love.” — Michael Lawrence
15. “There are not then either three Fathers or three Sons or three Paracletes but one Father, one Son, and one Paraclete.” — Ignatius
16. “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.” — Matthew 3:16
17. “The doctrine of the Trinity, simply put, is that God is absolutely and eternally one essence subsisting three distinct and ordered persons without division and without replication of the essence.” — John MacArthur
18. “Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’” — Genesis 1:26
19. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever– the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.” — John 14:16-17
20. “Now that doctrine of the Trinity often seems a very perplexing subject. And no wonder; I for one should be very much surprised if when the truth about God is reached, we should not find something which is very perplexing to human minds and something which betrays the poverty of human speech.” — Robert Drummond
Trinity Quotes About God the Father
The Holy Trinity is all God, but God the Father is one part of the Trinity.
21. “Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” — C.S. Lewis
22. “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” — Hudson Taylor
23. “God’s love is like an ocean. You can see its beginning, but not its end.” — Rick Warren
24. “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.” — Mother Teresa
25. “Life is too short, the world is too big, and God’s love it too great to live ordinary.” — Christine Caine
26. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” — Max Lucado
27. “Legalism says God will love us if we change. The gospel says God will change us because He loves us.” — Tullian Tchividjian
28. “Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.” — Guru Nanak
29. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” — John 3:16
30. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Trinity Quotes All About Jesus
Jesus, the Lamb of God, is one of the three in the Holy Trinity.
31. “Just keep asking yourself: What would Jesus not do?” — Chuck Palahniuk
32. “Christ literally walked in our shoes and entered into our affliction.” — Tim Keller
33. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” — John 10:11
34. “Jesus was God spelling himself out in language humanity could understand.” — S.D. Gordon
35. “The most thrilling thing about heaven is that Jesus Christ will be there. I will see Him face to face.” — Billy Graham
36. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” — Mark 10:45
37. “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” — John 14:6
38. “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say.” — C.S. Lewis
39. “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” — John 6:35
40. “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” — Isaiah 9:6
Trinity Quotes About The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is God’s Spirit that lives in those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
41. “Without the Spirit of God, we can do nothing.” — Charles Spurgeon
42. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge, and my job to love.” — Billy Graham
43. “To pray in the Holy Spirit simply means to lean upon His divine help as we pray.” — William Thrasher
44. “Every divine action begins from the Father, proceeds through the Son, and is completed in the Holy Spirit.” — Saint Basil
45. “Silence is one of the deepest Disciplines of the Spirit simply because it puts the stopper on all self-justification.” — Richard J. Foster
46. “I’m convinced that the man who has learned to meditate upon the Lord will be able to run on his feet and walk in his spirit.” — Charles Stanley
47. “Our decision every day must be to live a righteous life—not in our own strength, but by the enablement of the Holy Spirit in us.” — Stormie Omartian
48. “Those in whom the Spirit comes to live are God’s new Temple. They are, individually and corporately, places where heaven and earth meet.” — N.T. Wright
49. “Relationships are the Holy Spirit’s laboratories in which He brings together people who have the maximal opportunity for mutual growth.” — Marianne Williamson
50. “Trying to do the Lord’s work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.” — Corrie Ten Boom
Where is the Holy Trinity Mentioned?
The Trinity is mentioned as far back as the Old Testament of the Bible in the books of Daniel and Genesis.
The New Testament also mentions the Trinity in numerous books such as Matthew, Ephesians, Revelation, and more.
Share these Trinity quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about the Holy Trinity in the comment section below.