Millions of people all over the world have fallen in love with The Little Mermaid since Disney released the animated romantic musical film in 1989 making The Little Mermaid quotes as popular as the film and its charismatic characters including Princess Ariel, Prince Eric, King Triton, Flounder, Scuttle, Grimsby, and Sebastian.
A Mermaid in Love
Disney’s musical was based on the novel written by Hans Christian Andersen (published in 1837) which had a slightly tragic ending as compared to Disney’s version where the daring mermaid Princess Ariel married the dashing human Prince Eric in the end.
Find out how many of these The Little Mermaid quotes you can still remember from Disney’s iconic rom-com version.
Don’t forget to also read these hilarious Waterboy quotes that will remind you that “you can do it”
The best Little Mermaid quotes and sayings
1. “What do they got? A lot of sand? We got a hot crustacean band!” – Sebastian
2. “A banded, bulbous snarfblatt.” – Scuttle
3. “Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?” – Sebastian
4. “Ariel, you’re under a lot of pressure down here. Come with me I’ll take you home and get you something warm to drink.” – Sebastian
5. “Before the sun sets on the third day, you’ve got to get dear ol’ princey to fall in love with you. That is, he’s got to kiss you. Not just any kiss – the kiss of true love.” – Ursula
6. “Come on, you poor unfortunate soul. Go ahead! Make your choice! I’m a very busy woman and I haven’t got all day. It won’t cost much. Just your voice!” – Ursula
7. “Daddy, I love him!” – Princess Ariel
8. “Daddy, they are not barbarians!” – Princess Ariel
9. “Down here all the fish is happy. As off to the waves they roll. The fish on the land ain’t happy. They sad ’cause they in the bowl.” – Sebastian
10. “I have whoozits and whatzis galore. You want thingamabobs? I’ve got twenty. But who cares? No big deal. I want more.” – Princess Ariel
You might also like these Alice in Wonderland quotes that will send you down the rabbit hole.
Memorable Little Mermaid quotes
11. “If I become human, I’ll never be with my father or sisters again.” – Princess Ariel
12. “If you don’t kiss him by sunset, you’re mine!” – Ursula
13. “I’m not a guppy.” – Flounder
14. “I’m not sure we should be here Ariel.” – Flounder
15. “Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. Aaah, the perfect day to be at sea!” – Prince Eric
16. “I’ve never seen a human this close before.” – Princess Ariel
17. “Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.” – Sebastian
18. “Now I am the ruler of all the ocean! The waves obey my every whim!” – Ursula
19. “Now, here’s the deal. I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days.” – Ursula
20. “See? Just a little twirl here and a yank there and voila. You’ve got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over.” – Scuttle
Little Mermaid quotes that will make you smile
21. “Somebody’s gotta nail that girl’s fins to the floor.” – Sebastian
22. “Someday I’ll be part of your world.” – Princess Ariel
23. “Well? I guess there’s one problem left … How much I’m going to miss her.” – King Triton
24. “We’re out to discover!” – Scuttle
25. “You’re not getting cold fins now, are you?” – Princess Ariel
26. “Are you okay, miss?” – Prince Eric
27. “As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules.” – King Triton
28. “Boy, what a soft shell I’m turning out to be.” – Sebastian
29. “Have I ever been wrong? I mean, when it’s important!” – Scuttle
30. “Have we met?” – Prince Eric
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of inspirational Disney quotes about imagination and success.
Little Mermaid quotes to relive your childhood
31. “I consider myself a reasonable merman.” – King Triton
32. “I don’t know. He looks kind of hairy and slobbery to me.” – Scuttle
33. “I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.” – Princess Ariel
34. “I think you’ve swallowed a bit too much seawater.” – Grimsby
35. “I’m sorry if this knucklehead scared you.” – Prince Eric
36. “It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out.” – Scuttle
37. “Life’s full of tough choices, isn’t it?” – Ursula
38. “No more talking, singing. Zip!” – Ursula
39. “Now, let’s eat before this crab wanders off my plate.” – Grimsby
40. “So long, lover boy!” – Ursula
More Little Mermaid quotes to make your day better
41. “So much for true love!” – Ursula
42. “Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.” – Sebastian
43. “The human world, it’s a mess.” – Sebastian
44. “This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life.” – Sebastian
45. “Well, it’s time Ursula took matters into her own tentacles!” – Ursula
46. “Ya look great, kid. Ya look sensational.” – Scuttle
47. “You can’t get something for nothing, you know.” – Ursula
48. “You gotta bat your eyes, like this.” – Sebastian
49. “You’re not gonna tell him, are you?” – Flounder
50. “You’re the one, the one I’ve been looking for.” – Prince Eric
You might also like these Parks and Recreation quotes about life, friendship, and voting
Did you enjoy these Little Mermaid quotes?
These The Little Mermaid quotes are like time capsules taking us back to when we first watched how the royal crab Sebastian escaped the kitchen of Chef Louis while the latter sang Le Poissons with a melodic French accent or when the evil sea witch Ursula turned Ariel into a human being while stealing the poor girl’s voice.
Princess Ariel’s daring act to save the life of Prince Eric is an unconventional depiction of traditional princesses or women generally portrayed as the stereotypical damsels in distress. It’s an absolute boost to the modern-day concept of girl power which can positively impact girls and women of every generation.
And if you’re singing Under the Sea right this minute while you’re reading these The Little Mermaid quotes, you’re probably not alone.
Did you enjoy these Little Mermaid quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2020 7:40 AM EST