Teenager Quotes to Make Parents Laugh
September 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST
As a parent of a teenager, you know just how frustrating and entertaining it can be at the same time to raise a teenager.
These teenager quotes relay that fact while also giving you a good laugh.
Before you have teenagers, you hear about how difficult it can be to raise them.
And, you probably remember some things from your own teenage years that are slightly alarming.
But nothing can truly prepare you for raising teenagers until you have one yourself.
It can make you stressed, frustrated, struggle with feeling like a failure, and want to pull your hair out.
But sometimes all you can do is laugh in spite of it all.
To brighten your day, below is our collection of funny, inspirational, and thoughtful teenager quotes and sayings.
For more inspiration, also check out our list of loving parent quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Funny teenager quotes from parents
1. “Teen tried to make a dramatic exit by slamming my door, but there was a towel on the knob. No slam and no dignity for her as I died laughing.” – Stephanie Ortiz
2. “According to my teenage sons, the appropriate number of squirts of Axe Body Spray is somewhere between 38 and 579.” – Lady Lawya
3. “My teens are all Billy Bad Asses… Until the power goes out. Then they’re shrieking 5-year-olds running through the house like it’s on fire.” – Lady Lawya
4. “My middle schooler has a hydro flask but no cool stickers to put on it. Please respect our privacy during this difficult time.” – Simon Holland
5. “I know I’m supposed to be preparing my teenager for life and all, but it’s hard when they already know everything…” – Playdates on Fridays
6. “A funny thing about having teens is how they text you from school to tell you they don’t like their lunch.” – Sarcastic Mommy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny inspirational quotes about life to help you get a quick laugh.
7. “A nice thing my teenage son does to help around the house is tell us when we’re out of the junk food he likes.” – Abe Yospe
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes.
Teenagerquotes about how they ignore parents
8. “Don’t give up hope, parents of uncommunicative teens. Today my newly-chatty son said “nah” only three hours after I asked him a question.” – Housewife of Hell
9. “Impaled by a wooden stake.” – Steve Olivas
10. “When you’re a teenager, ‘No’ is a complete sentence.” – Anonymous
11. “Just changed the Netflix password so my teenager has to come out of his room to talk to me.” – Wendi Aarons
12. “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” – Nora Ephron
Also check out our list of teen quotes and sayings.
Cleanlinessand teenager quotes
13. “My teens cleaned their rooms and according to my sink and countertops, they’ve been hoarding my whole kitchen.” – Sarcastic Mommy
14. “95% of my teenager’s room could be a laundry basket and he’d manage to throw his clothes in the 5% that wasn’t.” – Abe Yospe
15. “I shut my teen’s bedroom door to make my house feel cleaner.” – Unknown
Teenager quotes on how they are just like their parents
16. “I never really appreciated just how annoying I was until I gave birth to mini versions of myself and started arguing with them when they became teenagers.” – Raising Teens Today
17. “You try your hardest to raise your teenagers with patience, honesty and good manners, but they still end up being like you.” – Unknown
18. “Heredity is what sets the parents of a teenager wondering about each other.” – Anonymous
19. “The problem with disciplining a teenager is that in no time at all you begin to sound like one yourself.” – Anonymous
20. “The scariest part of raising teenagers is remembering the stupid things you did as a teenager.” – Unknown
Morequotes about teenagers to give parents a laugh
21. “Nothing makes me more nervous than a text from my teenage son that says, ‘How soon will you and mom be home?’” – Travis Bone
22. “The great thing about having teens who sleep until noon is I only have to feed them 2 meals a day.” – Sarcastic Mommy
23. “If you doubt my dedication to a higher power, you should see how many prayers I can recite while riding passenger to my teen driver.” – Sarcastic Mommy
24. “I thought I used to “worry” a lot when my kids were little. Then I had teenagers. You know what I would give right now to worry about sippy cups and naptime? EVERYTHING.” – 4BoysMother
25. “Mother nature is providential. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers.” – William Galvin
26. “To an adolescent, there is nothing in the world more embarrassing than a parent.” – Dave Barry
27. “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.” – Erma Bombeck
28. “Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years.” – Unknown
29. “Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.” – Anonymous
30. “A teenager is always too tired to hold a dishcloth, but never too tired to hold a phone.” – Anonymous
Relatable teenager quotes that will make you smile
31. Teens think listening to music helps them concentrate. It doesn’t. It relieves them of the boredom that concentration on homework induces. – Marilyn vos Savant
32. Telling a teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath. – Arnold H. Glasow
33. As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too. – Johnny Depp
34. Being a teenager is an amazing time and a hard time. It’s when you make your best friends – I have girls who will never leave my heart and I still talk to. You get the best and the worst as a teen. You have the best friendships and the worst heartbreaks. – Sophia Bush
35. As a teenager you are at the last stage in your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you. – Fran Lebowitz
36. Teenagers today are more free to be themselves and to accept themselves. – John Knowles
37. All teenagers have this desire to somehow run away. – Joan Chen
38. If you just watch a teenager, you see a lot of uncertainty. – Jamie Lee Curtis
39. I was a quiet teenager, introverted, full of angst. – Nigella Lawson
40. I think there’s a time in your life where you don’t feel like you fit in. I think everyone has that when you’re a teenager, especially, and especially in the society we live in. – Matthew Vaughn
Interesting teenager quotes that you can resonate with
41. “Oh the innocent girl in her maiden teens knows perfectly well what everything means.” — D.H. Lawrence
42. “They say it’s the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time.” — Tallulah Bankhead
43. “When you are seventeen you aren’t really serious.” — Arthur Rimbaud
44. “Real teenage boys aren’t like characters in the books you read. They smell funny and are obsessed with video games and say dumb things. They’re still learning, just like you.” — Stacey Jay
45. “Adolescence is just one big walking pimple.” — Carol Burnett
46. “Teenage boys, goaded by their surging hormones run in packs like the primal horde. They have only a brief season of exhilarating liberty between control by their mothers and control by their wives.” — Camille Paglia
47. “Teenagers complain there’s nothing to do, then stay out all night doing it.” — Bob Philips
48. “The young always have the same problem – how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another.” — Quentin Crisp
49. “As I’ve said many times, the single most oppressed class in America right now is the teenager.” — Joe Bob Briggs
50. “Youth comes but once in a lifetime.” — H.W. Longfellow
Funny Teenager Quotes To Make You Smile
51. “I don’t know any teenager with a positive attitude.” — Gabourey Sidibe
52. “I was not a rebellious teenager. I was a sit-in-your-room teenager.” — Samantha Shannon
53. “I always say that teenagers are the first to know if you’re pandering to them.” — Sarah Dessen
54. “There is an inherent tolerance and kindness in the state school teenagers I know.” — Arabella Weir
55. “Impressing a bunch of snooty teenagers is a pretty lame life goal to have.” — Vera Brosgol
56. “Teenagers would rather text than talk. They feel calls would reveal too much.” — Sherry Turkle
57. “I just wanted to fit in as a teenager, but it was hopeless.” — Anne Beatts
58. “I have wanted to have a baby since I was a teenager, but it frightens me. It is much easier to have a dog.” — Carmen Electra
59. “Fantasy is literature for teenagers.” — Brian Aldiss
60. “We have to prepare our teenagers and our children for a world away from us. That requires explanations. That requires understanding.” — Andy Andrews
Which of these teenager quotes made your day?
When you’re worried about them being out late, frustrated about the trail of a mess they leave behind them and aggravated that you can’t get more than two words out of them after school, remember that it’s just a stage.
Your child is growing into the person they are going to be and while it’s not always an easy process, they will emerge out of it eventually.
Remember that laughter is the best medicine.
The next time you feel like pulling your hair out, come back to these teenager quotes and have a laugh.
Then, remind yourself that just like those toddler years, this too will pass.
Which of these interesting teenager quotes made you laugh?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.