These Manny Pacquiao quotes highlight his views about success, faith, and of course boxing.
Manny Pacquiao is a renowned professional boxer, ranking # 2 “ESPN’s list of top pound for pound boxers of the past 25 years and currently ranks No. 4 in BoxRec’s ranking of the greatest pound for pound boxers of all time.” He is the title holder in multiple weight divisions, and some people might argue that he is the greatest boxer of all time.
He is currently serving a senate term in the Philipines, having moved on to a life of politics. He grew up impoverished but has since amassed a fortune of over $190 million dollars. Talk about a rags to riches story!
Manny “Pac-Man” Pacquiao has a lot to say about success, faith, and of course boxing. Learn more about the boxing legend through these 50 Manny Pacquiao quotes.
Also check out these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes that will make you wish you could shake his hand.
Manny Pacquiao quotes about success and poverty
1. “All those who are around me are the bridge to my success, so they are all important.” – Manny Pacquiao
2. “I know what poverty is.” – Manny Pacquiao
3. “Nobody can say that I’m lazy in training.” – Manny Pacquiao
4. “No notes. You speak from deep in your heart. It’s easy.” – Manny Pacquiao
5. “I wanted to be a world champion.” – Manny Pacquiao
6. “I remember as a little boy I ate one meal a day and sometimes slept in the street. I will never forget that and it inspires me to fight hard, stay strong and remember all the people of my country, trying to achieve better for themselves.” – Manny Pacquiao
7. “I’m just a regular person who believes life is simple, and I like a simple life.” – Manny Pacquiao
8. “I have to give people time to take a picture, and sign autographs. I have to be generous to people. It is in my heart. Without that, I would not be Manny Pacquiao.” – Manny Pacquiao
9. “I’ve worked in construction, in a factory sewing clothes. I also sold flowers and doughnuts – just odd jobs to try to make 10 pesos, which is equivalent to 20 cents.” – Manny Pacquiao
10. “Life is meant to be a challenge because challenges are what make you grow.” – Manny Pacquiao
11. “Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again, even though every time you’ve tried before you’ve lost.” – Manny Pacquiao
12. “Thank you to every person who has told me I can’t. You are just another reason I will.” – Manny Pacquiao
Manny Pacquiao quotes about fighting
13. “Nothing personal – I am just doing my job.” – Manny Pacquiao
14. “Only in death will I relinquish my belts.” – Manny Pacquiao
15. “In boxing you never know who you’re going to face in the ring.” – Manny Pacquiao
16. “I will do my best, and I promise I will give this guy a fight, and I have to win this fight.” – Manny Pacquiao
17. “I could see he was having problems taking my punches. I had no problem taking his.” – Manny Pacquiao
18. “Anytime, Anywhere (When asked about a rematch with Erik Morales )” – Manny Pacquiao
19. “Boxing is not about your feelings. It’s about performance.” – Manny Pacquiao
20. “I always ask myself, what do I need to prove? I won the fight.” – On his fights with Marquez.
21. “We have a job to do. After the fight, I’ll love him. (On his upcoming fight with Timothy Bradley).” – Manny Pacquiao
22. “I want to show the people that Manny Pacquiao can still fight and give a good show.” – Manny Pacquiao
23. “I don’t even remember if he hurt me with even one punch. Amazing what the result is. ( After his controversial loss to Bradley).” – Manny Pacquiao
24. “Even the president is watching the fight (On his fight with Miguel Cotto).” – Manny Pacquiao
25. “I want to prove that he’s wrong – he’s wearing a t-shirt that says he won the last two fights. (On his third fight with Marquez).” – Manny Pacquiao
26. “You train hard and I’ll train hard, and may the best man win, and good luck to both of us (Talking to Miguel Cotto).” – Manny Pacquiao
27. “Sometimes I don’t feel good, but when you get in the ring, you can’t say “oh, I feel bad, can we stop?” – Manny Pacquiao
28. “You’re still my idol. (Talking to Oscar De La Hoya just after he beat him)” – Manny Pacquiao
29. “I’m surprised that the fight was kind of easy. (After his destruction of Ricky Hatton in 2 rounds )” – Manny Pacquiao
30. “Boxing is a sport. We allow each other to hit each other, but I’m not treating my opponent like my enemy. We’re doing a job to entertain people.” – Manny Pacquiao
Don’t forget to also read these Ed Sheeran quotes and lyrics that will put a smile on your face and make your day better.
Manny Pacquiao quotes about religion and God
31. “The most important thing as a leader is your relationship with God.” – Manny Pacquiao
32. “I don’t mind having these relatives. I’ll give them a little since they all prayed for my victory.” – Manny Pacquiao
33. “I want them to make peace with the love of God. (When asked about the rift between his strength & conditioning coach Alex Ariza and trainer Freddie Road)” – Manny Pacquiao
34. “God’s words first… obey God’s law first before considering the laws of man.” – Manny Pacquiao
35. “We pray every day. We read the bible every day, so everybody’s happy.” – Manny Pacquiao
36. “If we don’t have God in our life, we’re considered dead.” – Manny Pacquiao
37. “My #1 driving force is my lord and savior Jesus Christ. Also my family, my wife, and children.” – Manny Pacquiao
38. “Human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.” – Manny Pacquiao
Manny Pacquiao quotes about helping others and living life
39. “I would only spend a week or two in the Philippines, most probably the week during my birthday because I am planning to give away Christmas gifts to the poor people of General Santos just like what I did last year.” – Manny Pacquiao
40. “I’m happy to help people.” – Manny Pacquiao
41. “I can be a champion and a public servant also.” – Manny Pacquiao
42. “Being a public servant, this is a serious job, not like a boxer, you’re entertaining people.” – Manny Pacquiao
43. “I don’t have secrets in my life. Everything is out there.” – Manny Pacquiao
Also read these classy gentleman quotes that will inspire you to become an upstanding member of society.
Manny Pacquiao quotes about loyalty and love for country
44. “I know everyone in the Philippines is happy.” – Manny Pacquiao
45. “I’m doing this for my family and my country.” – Manny Pacquiao
46. “Right now I’m inspired to fight for the honor of my country.” – Manny Pacquiao
47. “I want the people of the Philippines to be happy, even if they have nothing.” – Manny Pacquiao
48. “I’ve always fought for my country, in my own way, showing that Filipinos are a strong people and can do anything that they put their minds to.” – Manny Pacquiao
49. “I eat the same foods almost every day. I have my favorites like Filipino beef broth, chicken soup with lots and lots of rice.” – Manny Pacquiao
50. “This is not about my comeback. My victory is a symbol of my people’s comeback from a natural disaster and a national tragedy.” – Manny Pacquiao
You might also like these powerful CT Fletcher quotes to unleash your inner beast.
More Manny Pacquiao quotes
51. “If you practice hard, you can win every battle.” – Manny Pacquiao
52. “Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.” – Manny Pacquiao
53. “Being a Christian means accepting Christ as your savior, your God. That’s why you are called a ‘Christian.’ If you remove Christ, there’s only ‘ian’ and that means ‘I am nothing.” – Manny Pacquiao
54. “God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other.” – Manny Pacquiao
Which of these Manny Pacquiao quotes resonated with you best?
There has been some controversy surrounding Manny Pacquiao and his political views, but regardless of that, his boxing talents still remain admirable. There seems to be a rumor that Pacquiao might re-enter the ring to fight McGregor.
I don’t really know how all of that will work as he holds office now, but if it does come to fruition, it would surely generate lots of attention. Undoubtedly, it would be a moneymaker as well!
What do you think? Will Pacquiao and McGregor face off in the squared circle? Let us know what you think by using the comment section below! And don’t forget to also mention how you feel about these Manny Pacquiao quotes and sayings.
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST