Are you one of the millions of people that are fans of ABC’s award-winning, long-running TV drama Grey’s Anatomy?
Below are Meredith Grey quotes that will walk you through the main character’s thoughts on life and love.
What’s your favorite Grey’s Anatomy episode?
Premiering in 2005, Grey’s Anatomy is a TV medical drama that centers around the lives of the employees at Seattle Grace Hospital.
The main character, Meredith Grey, starts off as a medical resident.
She strives to hold her own as she steps from behind the shadow of her mother, a former prominent general surgeon.
For over 16 seasons, the audience follows the ups and downs of Grey’s life, love, and career.
Take a look at some of Meredith Grey’s most memorable moments throughout the series below.
Also check out these hilarious Dwight Schrute quotes that will help get you through the day.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Meredith Grey quotes about pain
1. “The reality is that pain is there to tell us something, and there’s only so much pleasure we can take without getting a stomachache. And maybe that’s okay. Maybe some fantasies are only supposed to live in our dreams.” – Meredith Grey
2. “When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don’t let go.” – Meredith Grey
3. “Pain comes in all forms. The small twinge, a bit of soreness, the random pain, the normal pains we live with everyday. Then there is the kind of pain you can’t ignore. A level of pain so great that it blocks out everything else. ” – Meredith Grey
4. “Some wounds we carry with us everywhere and though the cuts long gone, the pain still lingers.” – Meredith Grey
5. “Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers. You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside.” – Meredith Grey
6. “Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can’t outrun it, and life always makes more.” – Meredith Grey
7. “You don’t have to be tough every minute of every day. It’s okay to let down your guard. In fact, there are moments when it’s the best thing you can possibly do — as long as you choose your moments wisely. – Meredith Grey
8. “Sometimes it takes a huge loss to remind you of what you care about the most. Sometimes you find yourself becoming stronger as a result, wiser, better to deal the next big disaster that comes along. Sometimes but not always.” – Meredith Grey
9. “There’s an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted. Once all the houses have been ripped apart. The wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop, the sky will clear in an instant. But only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it.” – Meredith Grey
10. “Letting go is the easy part, it’s the moving on that’s painful. So sometimes we fight it, trying to keep things the same. Things can’t stay the same though. At some point you just have to let it go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow.” – Meredith Grey
11. “Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can’t have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be, the people who suffer the most, are those who don’t know what they want.” – Meredith Grey
Meredith Grey quotes about love
12. “When we follow our hearts, when we choose not to settle. It’s funny, isn’t it? A weight lifts, the sun shines a little brighter, and for a brief moment, we find a little peace.” – Meredith Grey
13. “You think that true love is the only thing that could crush your heart, the thing that could take your life and light it up or destroy it.” – Meredith Grey
14. “So pick me. Choose me. Love me.” – Meredith Grey
15. “I think you can’t wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself.” – Meredith Grey
16. “I think it is important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can still hear you.” – Meredith Grey
17. “Maybe I do believe it, all this ‘meant to be’ stuff. Why not believe it, really? Who doesn’t want more romance in their life? Maybe it’s just up to us to make it happen. To show up and be meant for each other. At least that way you’ll find out for sure – if you’re meant to be or not.” – Meredith Grey
18. “The thing about love is, when it’s good, it’s so very good, and when it’s bad, it hurts so much.” – Meredith Grey
Don’t forget to also read these Dead Poets Society quotes and sayings that will make you think differently.
Meredith Grey quotes about life
19. “Maybe because when we see how little we actually need to survive, it makes us realize how powerful we actually are. To strip down to only what we need. To hang on to only what we can’t do without. Not just to survive, but to thrive.” – Meredith Grey
20. “When the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning. But we forget that sometimes that’s how the good things come too.” – Meredith Grey
21. “Just because we can live without something, it doesn’t mean we have to.” – Meredith Grey
22. “We have to be willing to give up what we used to believe. The more we’re willing to accept what is and not what we thought, we’ll find ourselves exactly where we belong.” – Meredith Grey
23. “When do you throw in the towel? Admit that a lost cause is sometimes just that? There comes a point when it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s when the real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all.” – Meredith Grey
24. “Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curve ball. So we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.” – Meredith Grey
25. “The body is a slave to its impulses. But the thing that makes us human is what we can control. After the storm, after the rush, after the heat of the moment has passed, we can cool off and clean up the messes we made. We can try to let go of what was.” – Meredith Grey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
What do you like the most about Meredith Grey?
The character of Meredith Grey relates to millions of people across the globe because she isn’t afraid to get emotional.
She wears her heart on her sleeve in a way that many often wish they could.
One of Meredith Grey’s most memorable quotes, featured above, is from Season 2’s episode “Bring the Pain.”
She confronts her love interest, David Shepherd, in an emotional monologue that ends with “So pick me.
There’s so much strength in vulnerability.
Characters like Meredith Grey remind us that it’s okay to feel and embrace our emotions.
Which of these Meredith Grey quotes and lines is your favorite?
What’s your favorite season of Grey’s Anatomy?
Let us know your thoughts down below!
August 10, 2022 5:09 AM EST