These grey quotes will help you think about life from a new perspective.
In life, there is always a grey area. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that everything has to be one way or another, but that’s often not true.
Not every situation is good or bad. Not everything is right or wrong. There are many grey areas of life.
Learning that simple life lesson can help spare you a lot of confusion in always trying to choose sides. It gives you a new perspective in the middle.
Here are some grey quotes to make you wonder and understand others.
Don’t forget to also check out these color red quotes that express passion.
Grey Quotes to Think About
1. “There’s so much grey to every story – nothing is so black and white.” – Lisa Ling
2. “I like the muted sounds, the shroud of grey, and the silence that comes with fog.” –Om Malik
3. “We are all somewhere or the other a little grey, not black and white. We have our imperfections.” –Kriti Sanon
4. “I don’t find anything black and white; I find grey in every person, and that is what excites me.” –Vetrimaaran
5. “I prefer to work with grey characters rather than black and white.” – George R. R. Martin
6. “Human nature is not black and white but black and grey.” – Graham Greene
7. “Life isn’t black or white, it’s all sorts of shades of grey.” – Nicky Morgan
8. “There are people who can achieve huge success in life, while adding a bit of fun and a splash of color to this increasingly grey world.” – Peter James
9. “Compromise in colors is grey.” – Edl Rama
10. “It’s very human to try to put things into boxes, and it’s hard for us to reconcile with grey areas, and yet somehow, that’s the area I find the most poetic, the juiciest.” – Arca
Grey quotes and life
11. “Soldiers are citizens of death’s grey land, drawing no dividend from time’s tomorrows.” – Siegfried Sassoon
12. “There are infinite shades of grey. Writing often appears so black and white.” – Rebecca Solnit
13. “Lawyers are predators in grey worsted “– Tom Holt
14. “Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs.” – Charles Dickens
15. “Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
16. “The more things change, the more they stay the same.” – Alphonse Karr
17. “There’s no black and no white, just shades of grey…But the small betrayals lead to bigger ones, morality is eroded.” –Kate Mossemore they stay the same.” – Alphonse Karr
18. “Grey is the devil’s favorite color.” –Peter Kreeft
19. “One moment flying in green sunlight, then the sky suddenly grey and dark.” – Elizabeth Wein
20. “Gray day. Everything is gray. I watch. But nothing moves today.” – Dr. Seuss
Grey quotes about moods
21. “I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.” – Bill Watterson
22. “You are the painter of your own mood. Your days are only as grey as you allow them to be.” – @iHearts143Quotes
23. “Life is not black and white; there is some gray nuance to it.” – Pilou Asbaek
24. “All theory, dear friend, is gray, but the golden tree of life springs ever green.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “Life is about the gray areas. Things are seldom black and white, even when we wish they were and think they should be, and I like exploring this nuanced terrain.” – Emily Giffin
26. “War’s not black and white; it’s gray. If you don’t fight in the gray area, you’re going to lose.” – Marcus Luttrell
27. “Gray skies are just clouds passing over.” – Duke Ellington
28. “Gray is great. People think gray is a neutral, but I think it’s such a moody, intense, dramatic and sexy color. It’s very sleek.” –Bryan Batt Read
29. “The color of truth is gray.” –Andre Gide
30. “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” –Kobe Bryant
Grey quotes about gloomy feeling
31. “My yesterdays walk with me. They keep step, they are gray faces that peer over my shoulder.” –William Golding
32. “Gray is the color… the most important of all… absent of opinion, nothing, neither/nor.” – Gerhard Richter
33. “In tragedy, it’s hard to find a good resolution; it’s not black and white: it’s a big fog of gray.” – Paul Dano
34. “The person who doesn’t scatter the morning dew will not comb gray hairs.” – Hunter S. Thompson Read
35. “Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.” –Anthony Burgess
36. “Genius and virtue are to be more often found clothed in gray than in peacock bright.” – Van Wyck Brooks
37. “Most consequential choices involve shades of gray, and some fog is often useful in getting things done.” – Timothy Geithner
38. “I love the gray area between right and wrong.” – Dan Brown
39. “The world doesn’t see a lot of gray. The world sees black and white, and then it understands.” –George C. Wolfe
40. “There are a lot of grey areas in my personality. We all have them.” – Vijay Deverakonda
Grey quotes about finding ideas
41. “Better gray than garishness.” – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres
42. “Gray day provides the best light.” – Leonardo da Vinci
43. “The fundamental grey which differentiates the masters, expresses them and is the soul of all color.” – Odilon Redon
44. “Purposeless life will definitely be gray, monotonous, ordinary and frustrating” – Sunday Adelaja
45. “Gray and overcast sky hovers above Seeming ready to drip it’s woes on us” – Richard L. Ratliff
46. “Whatever I write, no matter how gray or dark the subject matter, it’s still going to be a comic novel.” – John Irving
47. “To have your heart in pieces while every other aspect of your life couldn’t go better is a traumatic experience. In appearance, life is fine. But as you put your day in focus, everything turns grey. What happened made me realize that complete, absolute happiness doesn’t exist.” – Matthew Bellamy
48. “Love was that way. You could not render it in black or white. It always came down to the strange, blended shades of grey.” – Jodi Picoult
49. “Grey has no agenda. . . . Grey has the ability, that no other color has, to make the invisible visible.” – Roma Tearne
50. “I do not look at the world in terms of black and white – and I find people who do rather scary. I think it’s all shades of grey.” – E. L. James
What did you learn from these grey quotes?
Life is full of in-betweens. There’s always something underneath the surface of what is shown to us. And that’s ok because it is what it is.
We have to understand that some things we encounter have a deeper meaning, and things will not always mean what they seem. Try to look for the good in the bad while also being impartial to know the bad in the good.
Some days will be dull and unexciting, but as always, things will get better. Hopefully, these grey quotes and sayings will inspire you and remind you to look at a bigger perspective in life.
July 30, 2021 7:00 AM EST