Attachment Quotes to Define Your Intimacy
December 7, 2022 7:36 AM EST
Below you’ll find the best-ever collection of attachment quotes.
These quotes will not only help you show your attachment to someone but will also define its intensity as well.
What Exactly is Attachment?
There are a lot of relationships in the world.
And the thing that keeps these relationships connected is attachment or intimacy.
Intimacy determines the depth of your relationship.
The closer you are connected, the stronger your bond with your partner.
In this bond, each of you seeks closeness and feels more secure in the presence of the attachment figure.
This closeness gives you a feeling of affection, fondness, or sympathy for the figure to which you are attached with.
How you develop close emotional relationships with other people is a reflection of your attachment trait.
What Traits Identify Attachment?
If you start behaving differently, you can tell you’re attached to someone or something.
Specific changes and practices in your behavior toward your attachment figure qualify your attachment.
Your attachment makes you want to be near them.
And their absence makes you feel insecure, especially in the face of fear.
The fear of losing them causes anxiety in you.
Should Emotional Attachment be Encouraged or Not?
Too much attachment is a weakness that you should not let yourself develop.
For the simple reason that an excess of anything is bad for you.
And the negative effects of excessive attachment extend to your:
- emotional health
- mental health
- & physical health
When you’re focused on making your attachment figure happy, you forget your own needs.
Still, if you lose your attachment figure despite all your care and attention, you may develop an attachment disorder.
In What Ways does Attachment Disorder Show Itself?
A person with an attachment disorder has trouble forming and maintaining meaningful relationships with others.
Both an absence of emotional responses and an excess of attachment emotions fall into this category.
You may have trouble relating to other people because of this issue.
Take a moment and look through our attachment quotes.
Best Attachment Quotes
Here is a collection of the top quotes on attachment that you just can’t help but adore.
1. “Love without attachment is light.” — Norman O. Brown
2. “I had an attachment disorder.” — Dave Pelzer
3. “I have a strong attachment to Harvard.” — Eric Maskin
4. “Great ideas have no attachment to either money or class.” — Ian Schrager
5. “Conservatism, for me, is the philosophy and the politics of attachment.” — Roger Scruton
6. “Fire itself is very beautiful, and there’s an attachment to fire that firefighters have.” — Matthew Desmond
7. “Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached.” — Simone Weil
8. “I grew up with an Apple 2E – I had a deep, emotional attachment to that machine – and I loved doodling.” — Gene Luen Yang
9. “Going to a gym or playing a sport should not be mechanical. There should be an emotional attachment to it.” — Naga Chaitanya
10. “My home nurtured in me an early attachment to books and other things of the intellect, to music, and to the out of doors.” — Herbert A. Simon
Attachment Quotes for Friends & Family
Celebrate your attachment and love with your friends and family by sharing one of these meaningful attachment quotes.
11. “My attachment to my wedding ring is a powerful symbol of the infinite love that I have for my wife and children.” — Gad Saad
12. “A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends.” — George Washington
13. “A growing awareness of the depth of popular attachment to the family has led some liberals to concede that family is not just a buzzword for reaction.” — Christopher Lasch
14. “Fiction is like a spider’s web, attached ever so slightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible.” — Virginia Woolf
15. “He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy.” — Chanakya
16. “I love to cook, and my wife loves to cook. Sometimes it’s the appeal of the simplest of dishes – things you’ve grown up with in your life. Your emotional memory – something that not only affects your taste buds but that you’ve got an emotional attachment to.” — Andy Garcia
17. “While I have felt lonely many times in my life, the oddest feeling of all was after my mother, Lucille died. My father had already died, but I always had some attachment to our big family while she was alive. It seems strange to say now that I felt so lonely, yet I did.” — Bill Murray
18. “I’ve spoken with friends who are rabbis and priests and we’ve agreed that most people have an emotional attachment to their faith, a desire to fulfill their spiritual longings, but they are not experts in understanding the history of their religion.” — Feisal Abdul Rauf
19. “For Conservatives, all disputes over the law, liberty, and justice are addressed to a historic and existing community. The root of politics, they believe, is attachment – the motive in human beings that binds them to the place, the customs, the history, and the people who are theirs.” — Roger Scruton
20. “Peer attachments are not the problem themselves. It’s when they compete with adult attachments that problems emerge. It’s just like when siblings get attached to each other. If they start revolving around each other, then the parents can’t do anything with them because it’s a competing attachment.” — Gordon Neufeld
Attachment Quotes for Parents and Parenting
A parent’s love involves deep devotion, sacrifice, and pain. It is endless and unselfish. Read the following attachment quotes depicting parenting.
21. “Attachment parenting is not a passive parenting style.” — Mayim Bialik
22. “Attachment parenting is this theory that if you wear your baby around and you sleep with your baby, the baby will be more attached to you.” — Sarah Ruhl
23. “The parental, and filial affections seem to be as ardent, their sensibility and attachment, as active and faithful, as those observed to be in human nature.” — William Bartram
24. “Attachment parenting demands not just certain actions you take with your baby but also certain emotional states to accompany those actions.” — Hanna Rosin
25. “I can count all the ways in which being a mother has enriched my understanding of the world, of character, my sense of the future, and my attachment to it. I can’t imagine what kind of writer I’d be if I didn’t have my kids.” — Barbara Kingsolver
26. “My son was five months old, and I built a makeshift studio in my living room so that I could do the attachment parenting approach and write the record at the same time. That was fortuitous, that we could build that in the house.” — Alanis Morissette
27. “We have lost sight of nature’s role in the whole process of maturation and growing up. Parents and nature are a team. And nature can’t go on without the parental role of being able to foster individuality and viability unless the attachment needs are fully met.” — Gordon Neufeld
28. “Instead of just saying, “I love my baby and I pick him up because he’s adorable and it’s so nice to cuddle with him,” we practice attachment parenting. We let our children play outside and have age-appropriate freedoms and are labeled free-range parents.” — Alison Gopnik
29. “Why is it braver to be a single mother versus being with a partner? Being in a couple and having a child could be more challenging because there might be a conflict if the male partner cannot understand the extreme attachment a woman feels when she has a child.“ — Monica Cruz
30. “When I read the script of ‘Karu,’ there was a spark within, and I instantly connected with the story. I was emotionally attached to the story. After we finished shooting, I was so attached to the kid who played my daughter, I wanted to adopt her. That’s how strong my emotional attachment was with the role and the story.” — Sai Pallavi
Spiritual Attachment Quotes
The spiritual life does not remove you from the world but leads you deeper into it. Get inspired with the following quotes showing spiritual attachment:
31. “Attachment to views is the greatest impediment to the spiritual path.” — Nhat Hanh
32. “When I started my spiritual journey, I realized I had to cut away from all attachment.” — Rahul Roy
33. “Attachment to spiritual things is… just as much an attachment as inordinate love of anything else.” — Thomas Merton
34. “We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.” — George Eliot
35. “Pray to God that your attachment to such transitory things as wealth, name, and creature comforts may become less and less every day.” — Ramakrishna
36. “According to Buddhist psychology, most of our troubles stem from attachment to things that we mistakenly see as permanent.” — Dalai Lama
37. “I desire many things concerning myself; but I desire nothing so much, as to have a heart filled with love to the Lord. I long for a warm personal attachment to Him.” — George Muller
38. “One of the challenges of innovation is figuring out how to wipe your mind clean about what you should be doing at any given moment, and not having a religious attachment to what’s gotten you there thus far.” — Andrew Mason
39. “Attachment and aversion are the root cause of karma, and karma originates from infatuation. Karma is the root cause of birth and death, and these are said to be the source of misery. None can escape the effect of their own past karma.” — Mahavira
40. “If you wish to strengthen your confidence in God still more, often recall the loving way in which He has acted toward you, and how mercifully He has tried to bring you out of your sinful life, to break your attachment to the things of earth and draw you to His love.” — Alphonsus Liguori
More Attachment Quotes and Sayings
Have the pleasure of reading more impactful and profound attachment quotes down here:
41. “Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong, good or bad.” — Debbie Ford
42. “When you massage someone, the levels of oxytocin go up in the brain, and oxytocin is one of the chemicals that drive attachment.” — Helen Fisher
43. “A large body of literature suggests that wellbeing is intimately linked to attachment – not only to other people but also to the natural world.” — George Monbiot
44. “If a person loves only one other person and is indifferent to all others, his love is not to love but a symbiotic attachment, or an enlarged egotism.” — Erich Fromm
45. “Keep in mind that to avoid loneliness, many people need both a social circle and an intimate attachment. Having just one of two may still leave you feeling lonely.” — Gretchen Rubin
46. “Against barbarity, poetry can resist only by confirming its attachment to human fragility like a blade of grass growing on a wall while armies march by.” — Mahmoud Darwish
47. “When you’re in the music business, everything is very personal, because you are invested in everything; there’s a very deep, personal attachment to your music.” — Larry Mullen
48. “I have a neuroscience background – that’s what my doctorate is in – and I was trained to study hormones of attachment, so I definitely feel my parenting is informed by that.” — Mayim Bialik
49. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” — Steve Maraboli
50. “There is a fuzzy but real distinction that can and I believe should be made, between patriotism, which is attachment to a way of life, and nationalism, which is the insistence that your way of life deserves to rule over other ways of life.” — Todd Gitlin
Which Attachment Quote did you Like the Most?
The quotes above are chosen carefully to entertain and keep you emotional.
Hope you learned something meaningful and purposeful from these sayings and quotes.
After going through all these attachment quotes, you might have found your favorite.
If this is so, don’t hesitate to reach out to share your thoughts with us.
Our comments section is given below for your feedback.