Quotes about Endings that are Inspirational
April 28, 2023 6:00 AM EST
You have landed on the right page if you are searching for the best quotes about endings.
Here, we have created a list of the most popular quotes about endings.
You can read these quotes and share them with friends and family.
Besides we have also talked about why endings are so important.
If this sounds interesting to you, please continue reading!
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
Why Endings are so Important
No doubt, endings are referred to as a natural part of our lives.
However, endings could be hard to navigate.
For instance, things are always challenging whether you face the end of a relationship or a job.
Endings serve as an essential part of every human.
This is a kind of experience that can offer valuable information and opportunities to us.
Here are the reasons why endings are so important to us:
- Endings can bring resolution
- Endings offer new opportunities
- Endings allow us to acknowledge the present
Endings can bring Resolution
Endings could be an end to suffering or difficulties.
By acknowledging or accepting an ending, it is possible to move forward.
It offers us a sense of completion and brings joy once we have achieved our goals.
With endings, we can resolve various issues that were not known to us.
Hence, learning from the endings and implementing strategies that can help you grow and flourish is imperative.
We can also share the outcomes or endings of our specific tasks.
This would help the others to tune up their strategies and get positive outcomes.
Endings Offer New Opportunities
Endings offer us opportunities to embrace new things in our lives.
They allow us to let go of the past and look for a brighter future.
This can help us to grow and succeed at a considerable pace.
Endings Allow us to Acknowledge the Present
Endings can serve as a reminder for us to know the preciousness of our lives.
With this, we know the importance of living in the present.
By appreciating the present, it is possible to enjoy greater confidence.
Endings also make it possible for us to build adaptability and resilience.
By facing hardships and challenges, it is possible to strengthen our senses.
It offers us the flexibility to pass through a wide array of future obstacles easily.
Top 10 Quotes About Endings
Let’s check out the 10 best quotes about endings from our compilation.
1. “In the film, you can have sad endings.” — Anna Torv
2. “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
3. “I’m biased for movies that have triumphant endings.” — Grace Poe
4. “The Tamil audience is more receptive to unusual endings.” — Gautham Menon
5. “I have an instinctual distrust of conventional happy endings.” — George R. R. Martin
6. “The beginnings and endings of all human undertakings are untidy.” — John Galsworthy
7. “I’m incredibly cheesy. I’m all about happy endings and all of that.” — Rebecca Mader
8. “Sometimes the kids come up with better endings than the real story.” — Gail Carson Levine
9. “It’s no secret that many tales of tween stardom have had unhappy endings.” — Chris Connelly
10. “Yeah, I don’t necessarily like endings that contrive an artificial moment of completion.” — Daniel Clowes
Happy Quotes About Endings
These are some happy ending quotes; you will feel happy after going through them.
11. “I believe in true love, and I believe in happy endings. And I believe.” — Christie Brinkley
12. “I don’t like false happy endings, and I don’t think the real world is such a forgiving place.” — Hozier
13. “And in real life endings aren’t always neat, whether they’re happy endings, or whether they’re sad endings.” — Stephen King
14. “These happy endings all express the weak and sly promise that the world is not rotten and out of joint but meaningful and ultimately in excellent condition.” — Douglas Sirk
15. “That’s what fiction writers do: create characters and do terrible things to them for the entertainment of others. If they feel guilty enough, they write happy endings.” — Garry Trudeau
16. “The ‘Bachelor’ franchise does believe in happy endings – some people get an on-camera happy ending, some people get an off-camera happy ending, and some people get both.” — Rachel Lindsay
More Quotes About Happy Endings
Enjoy reading these quotes about Happy Endings.
17. “I don’t believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die.” — George Clooney
18. “When I did ‘Scrubs,’ we were able always to do one as scripted, and then we got to play a little bit and do some stuff. I thought that was pretty loose, but then coming on ‘Happy Endings,’ it’s even looser.” — Eliza Coupe
19. “The side of fairytales I don’t like is that they always have happy endings, that there’s just good and evil, and things are perfect. But life is a little more complicated, and that’s what I try to teach my kids.” — Angelina Jolie
20. “In those early days, the important thing was the happy ending. I did not tolerate unhappy endings – for my heroines, anyway. And later on, I began to read things like ‘Wuthering Heights,’ and very, very unhappy endings would take place, so I changed my ideas completely and went in for the tragic, which I enjoyed.” — Alice Munro
Optimistic Quotes About Endings
Here are great optimistic quotes about endings that will make you stay hopeful about endings.
21. “I believe that the Universe is like a single organism, and we are all little nerve endings feeding our experiences back into a whole.” — KT Tunstall
22. “I did not believe in happy endings. I wanted to read books which reflected life as I thought I knew it.” — Malorie Blackman
23. “Endings are always tough, but I believe when something ends, there are new beginnings, new opportunities, and new things to be excited for, too.” — Mike Fisher
24. “I offer optimism. All my books have happy endings. I don’t see any point in letting my readers down at the end. I’m an optimist – people feel that in my books.” — Phyllis A. Whitney
25. “You don’t reach points in life at which everything is sorted out for us. I believe in endings that should suggest our stories always continue.” — Lauren Oliver
Additional Optimistic Quotes About Endings
Here are more optimistic quotes about endings.
26. “I live in constant anticipation of good stuff. It’s not ‘Pollyanna’ about things, but most stories don’t have the ending we would give them right away. The better endings come later.” — Bob Goff
27. “Endings are scary and foreign. They split you up emotionally and put you in a place where you don’t know what’s going to happen next. But with every end of the world, there is a new world that follows.” — Alex Hirsch
28. “Everything has seasons, and we have to be able to recognize when something’s time has passed and be able to move into the next season. Everything that is alive requires pruning as well, which is a great metaphor for endings.” — Henry Cloud
29. “I think the best endings bring you back in rather than close things off with absolute finality. I’m not saying they necessarily have to be ambiguous, but we don’t always need to know what happens when everyone wakes up tomorrow morning.” — T. C. Boyle
30. “Wherever my story takes me, however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.” — Michael Morpurgo
Quotes About Endings from Stories
These quotes are based on endings from different stories, which are interesting.
31. “My parents believe in the happy endings to the stories of their children.” — Glen Duncan
32. “I love the idea of stories being about great beginnings and terrible endings.” — Clive Barker
33. “My stories always have these twisted happy endings, and the boy always gets the girl.” — Chuck Palahniuk
34. “I tend to write my beginnings and endings first – as a cartoonist and storyteller, I couldn’t sit down every day if I didn’t know where the story was headed.” — Jeff Lemire
35. “I think a lot of people want stories or lives to have very distinct beginnings, middles, and endings. Generally, I think things are a little more fluid than that.” — Carrie Brownstein
More Ending Quotes from Stories
Enjoy the rest of these story ending quotes.
36. “Some reviewers call my stories dark – and yes, there is violence and angst, and the stakes are high – but I like to think that the endings are satisfying and hopeful.” — Carol Berg
37. “The metro section of the newspaper every day is full of stuff I can use. It’s the greatest inspiration for me because it’s full of endings. That’s where the ends of stories show up.” — Brian Azzarello
38. “I get tired of stories that keep going and going and never get anywhere. It’s like a promise that’s never fulfilled. Stories need endings. Otherwise, they aren’t really stories. Just pages.” — Ted Naifeh
39. “One of the things I admire about longer stories is the way writers can work with the dead time and slower, more idle moments – not only can they feel expansive, they feel lived-in; the unhurried pacing often makes the endings even more resonant and surprising for me.” — Molly Antopol
40. “I’m a firm believer in stories with arcs and beginnings and endings and all that. ‘Scott Pilgrim’ is sort of one long novel, and it’s so long that I get confused and sort of tread water sometimes. But there’s definitely a goal in the movies.to it. People who just dismiss it as shallow, that’s their prerogative, but it’s not really my intent.” — Bryan Lee O’Malley
Quotes About Endings from Movies
Discover powerful quotes about endings from your favorite movies. Get inspired and reflect on the profound truths that movies can teach us.
41. “I love watching movies with happy endings or anything with Steve Martin or stuff like that.” — Bonnie Tyler
42. “My favorite thing about movies is the ending, and so all my favorite movies have really great endings.” — Emma Stone
43. “Claire Denis’s ‘Beau Travail’ is one of Denis’s greatest achievements. One of the most mysterious and beautiful endings in movies.” — Karyn Kusama
44. “Those ‘Rocky’ endings are great in the movies and on the stage, but I don’t think it would be too smart for me to get into that kind of fight in the ring.” — Gennady Golovkin
45. “I always tend to tilt dark on an ending, because I feel like, especially with horror movies, those are the endings that don’t evaporate. Those are the ones that stick with you.” — Mike Flanagan
Movie Ending Quotes
A few more quotes about endings for your enjoyment.
46. “With film music, endings are often more difficult than beginnings because a beginning is an underline, a way of exciting a moment, and then you have to find a way to dissipate that.” — Thomas Newman
47. “I’ve never done a film before where every single person in the audience knows the ending. I mean, suspense and twists are almost impossible these days. People are blogging your endings from their cinema seats.” — Danny Boyle
48. “‘Pride’ is my first film with a happy ending. Before, I naively thought they were a cop-out, but now I’ve come to believe that happy endings and wish fulfillment are an incredibly important part of our cultural life.” — Joe Wright
49. “It’s crazy when you think about the ‘Apes’ franchise and how dark all of the endings are and how dark the movies are, and yet there’s something very pleasurable about these movies. It really comes down to the potency of this idea, of seeing intelligent apes.” — Matt Reeves
50. “I like happy endings in movies. I think life has a happy ending. When it’s all said and done, it’s all something worthwhile, and I want my movies to reflect that. There are enough things to be sad about. When you pop in a movie, let the message be one that’s one of hope.” — Jon Favreau
Which One of these Quotes about Endings is your Favorite?
Endings are essential to us as humans.
With endings, we can seek access to unexplored opportunities necessary for growth.
Apart from this, endings are also essential for positive transformations.
If you embrace the terrible ending of something, it gives you the courage to stand by and struggle for a positive outcome.
Our above list of quotes about endings lets us understand what is ending and how to draw positivity out of it.
Besides, if you have come across your favorite ending quote, do let us know in the comments below.
We would love to hear from you.