Swing into your hero energy with our Miles Morales quotes!
This Marvel superhero represents so many positive things to fans and critics.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Miles Morales?
Mikes Gonzalo Morales is a superhero from Marvel Comics.
He is known as Spider-Man and debuted in 2011 in a comic by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli.
Miles debuted in the Ultimate Fallout series after the death of the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker.
Miles has grown to become one of Marvel’s most popular characters.
Check out these Miles Morales facts below:
- Miles has upgraded power from the original Spider-Man, including invisibility.
- It has not been confirmed, but the Oz formula may have immortalized Miles.
- Childish Gambino and Barack Obama were two people who inspired the creation of Miles.
What are Miles Morales’s powers?
Most fans are familiar with Spider-Man’s powers.
Miles possesses similar spider-based powers, just like Peter Parker.
He has the proportional strength, speed, stamina, and durability of a spider and can lift ten tons, leap buildings, and move extremely fast.
Miles also resists fatigue and injury and can stick to walls and ceilings.
He also has the spider-sense that allows him to detect danger before it manifests.
Miles comes with some pretty cool upgrades.
He can direct a bio-electric charge that stuns enemies and camouflage with his surroundings to the point of invisibility.
What is Miles Morales’s ethnicity?
Miles is a groundbreaking character for many reasons.
Miles is one of the most popular melanated characters in the Marvel universe.
The Marvel universe is full of African and Latino characters, but Miles’s addition to the Marvel universe made many people proud.
The power of comics makes people feel like they can relate to heroes and villains with superpowers.
And while figures such as T’challa or the Black Panther have garnered international acclaim, the Black Panther is melanated, but both Shuri and T’challa are from Africa.
Miles represents one of the most popular melanated characters from America.
Luke Cage and The Falcon are popular African American characters, but neither has reached the level of popularity that Spider-Man represents.
In addition to being African American, Miles is also Puerto Rican.
Not only does his ethnicity represent a level of authenticity of his neighborhood in Queens, New York, but it also represents an even more robust idea of Black and Brown solidarity.
To learn more, check out our awesome Miles Morales quotes below.
Short Miles Morales quotes about wanting to be a hero
These quotes remind us to never give up on what drives us.
1. “You look familiar. Do we know each other?” — Miles Morales, All-New X-Men Vol 1, 31
2. “Guys-who-say-they’re-not-the-Avengers, assemble!” — Miles Morales, All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol 1, 2
3. “But he fought bad guys. That’s, that’s insanely awesome.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 18
4. “Is that– is that the Human Torch? Ow. Oh, my God. This is it.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 3
5. “I know. You’re right. Just help me get home, and I’ll go home.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 18
Top inspirational Miles Morales Quotes about Standing Your Ground and Using Your Voice
Miles has taken on the mantle of one of the most iconic heroes of all time, which is a lot of pressure.
6. “I know, I, please stop yelling at me.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 18
7. “I’m not that guy. Let him do that. I’m not that guy.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 3, 3
8. “I want to join up. I want to be an Ultimate. I’m ready.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 15
9. “Cuz I’m Spider-Man. And I’m not the only one. Not by a long shot.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
10. “With great power comes great responsibility. What would Peter Parker do?” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 12
Famous Miles Morales Quotes about Owning Your Identity
It took a long time for Miles to own being Spider-man, and these quotes remind us to embrace our own unique journey.
11. “My name is Miles Morales. I was bitten by a radioactive spider.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
12. “Okay, let’s do this one last time, yeah? For real, this time. This is it.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
13. “I’m telling you, you’re right, Ganke. You were totally right. I am Spider-Man.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 18 Vol 1, 28
14. “The Spider-Man before me got the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus. And I get Batroc the Leaper?” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 13
15. “I know I’m too young to be out here. I know I’m not superhero enough to go to war or be an Ultimate.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 18
Miles Morales Quotes about How Great Power Requires Great Responsibility
These Miles Morales quotes remind us that the hard thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same things.
16. “You can wear the mask. If you didn’t know that before, I hope you do now.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
17. “A mutant drowned this city. You do not get to be a mutant in New York City!” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 3, 2
18. “I never thought I’d be able to do any of this stuff. But I can. Anyone can wear the mask.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
19. “This is the exact place it happened. This is the exact place the Green Goblin killed Spider-Man.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 3
20. “And when I feel alone like no one understands what I’m going through, I remember my friends who get it.” — Miles Morales, Into the Spiderverse
You will also enjoy our article on The Tick quotes.
Miles Morales Quotes and Sayings About Life and Death
Spider-man risks his life daily, and sometimes that type of pressure can stress out even the strongest hero.
21. “And for like two days, I’ve been the one and only Spider-Man. I think you know the rest.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
22. “There’s already a Spider-Man, and he seems to- to love it. He loves jumping around and being hit in the face and lit on fire.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 3, 3
23. “What was I thinking anyhow? Norman Osborn killed Peter Parker. He killed him. Right here on this street. I come here, and what? Let him kill me?” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 3
24. “Can’t believe I took a year off from this!! Even if I didn’t understand what it meant to be Spider-Man, the least I could do is avoid public transportation.” — Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1, 1
25. “I finished my essay. I saved a bunch of people. Got hit by a drone. Did this with my dad. Met my roommate finally. Slapped a sticker where my Dad’s never going to find it.” — Miles Morales, Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse
What can we learn from Miles Morales?
One of this author’s favorite aspects of the life of Miles Morales is the importance of mentoring.
I have been a professional educator for two decades.
Over the years, I have seen the importance of mentoring become more and more essential to the development of young people.
It is easy to think, “If I had superpowers, I would win at life.”
However, if we learned anything from Peter Parker, it is the idea that with great power comes great responsibility.
Yet, we see in the Into the Spiderverse movie how Miles struggled to perfect and develop his abilities without the mentorship of Peter.
Peter was reluctant to mentor Miles because mentoring is tiring work that takes dedication and passion.
However, we see that both Peter and Miles grew from the mentoring experience.
Their example reminds us that we can influence someone to make choices.
Everyone can make a difference and inspire others regardless of their age.
What is your favorite Miles Morales quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section.