We have got you covered.
Here, you can find a comprehensive list of turning 50 quotes.
Reaching the half-century milestone is a great deal, as the person celebrating their fifteenth birthday holds many memories.
Besides, such a person has also gained enough wisdom to embrace their new life ahead.
Apart from the turning 50 quotes, we have also discussed many exciting ways to celebrate the 50th birthday.
So, let’s see what we got here.
Fantastic ways to celebrate birthday party
If you are turning 50, it’s time to celebrate achieving such a huge milestone.
So, you deserve a big party with all the elements you love.
Although you may have seen a lot of birthday parties, the 50th birthday is unique, and you should find some cool ways to celebrate it.
To help you with this, we have rounded a few of the best ways to spend your 50th birthday or plan a party for a loved one.
- Host a Theme Party
- Plan a Relaxing Yoga Retreat
- Invite a Celebrity Speaker
- Plan a Camping Trip
Host a theme party
Planning a special event could be a daunting task, yet you can make it an easy go by choosing a special theme.
For instance, choosing a birthday party theme allows you to plan an event loved by the guests and hosts.
For instance, you can choose between an array of themes, including:
Once you have selected the theme, it’s time to plan the decorative aspects of the party.
Plan a relaxing yoga retreat
If the guest of honor is a huge fan of Yoga, you can plan a relaxing yoga retreat for the 50th birthday party.
For this purpose, you can invite the birthday boy or girl and all your friends to do yoga/meditation in nature.
Invite a celebrity speaker
If the birthday boy or girl admires a specific entertainer or celebrity, you can think about inviting him/her as a guest speaker.
This would be a great gift for the person turning 50.
However, you must create a list of affordable celebrity speakers or entertainers who are affordable and willing to be invited.
Plan a camping trip
This is a casual way of celebrating the 50th birthday, yet it could be a fun-loaded event if the birthday boy or girl is a camping enthusiast.
So, bring your friends & family members to spend some time with nature and enjoy sitting beside a campfire.
Top 10 turning 50 quotes
This section offers you the best turning 50 quotes.
1. “Fifty is an excellent age… if you’re a bottle of wine.” — Anon
2. “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.” — George Orwell
3. “I feel that I’m gonna hit my stride in my fifties.” — Angelina Jolie
4. “Forty is the age of youth. Fifty is the youth of old age.” — Victor Hugo
5. “I’m aiming by the time I’m 50 to stop being an adolescent.” — Wendy Cope
6. “Turning 50 gives me more yesterdays than tomorrows.” — William J. Clinton
7. “There’s nothing stressful about turning 50 except people reminding you about it.” — Muhammad Ali
8. “Celebrating 50 is like throwing a party when your odometer reaches 150,000 miles.” — Melanie White
9. “Turning 50.. is like flying: hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror.” — Erica Jong
10. “After 50, once ceases to digest. As someone once said, “I just ferment my food now.” — Henry Green
Turning 50 quotes about life at fifty
By reading these turning 50 quotes, you can understand life at fifty.
11. “After a man is 50, you can fool him by saying he is smart, but you can’t fool him by saying he’s pretty.” — E.W. House
12. “Maybe it’s true that life begins at 50. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.” — Phyllis Diller
13. “At 50, life begins, or so we’ve been told! We hope it’s true because we’re getting tired of this adulting thing.” — Unknown
14. “Turning 50 means it’s only a matter of time before you’re regaling your grandkids with the details of your first colonoscopy.” — Greg Tamblyn
15. “I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming… suddenly you find—at the age of 50, say—that a whole new life has opened before you.” — Agatha Christie
16. “The years between 50 and 70 are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” — T. S. Eliot
17. “Turning 50 is kind of nifty; when you consider the alternative, you’re not pushing daisies or feeding the worms. You still have a lot of life left to live.” — Unknown
18. “For my 50th birthday, my husband and I spent a weekend in Rehoboth Beach. My first choice was 1978, but the time machine was booked.” — Jean Sorenson
19. “There’s nothing different about this birthday than any other one. Really, people? Are we still in that space? Did anyone ever go over this with George Clooney or Brad Pitt before their 50th birthdays?” — Julia Roberts
20. “50 years: here’s a time when you have to separate yourself from what other people expect of you and do what you love. Because if you find yourself 50 years old and you aren’t doing what you love, then what’s the point?” — Jim Carrey
Turning 50 quotes for friends
Sharing these turning 50 quotes is a great way to wish your friend a happy 50th birthday.
21. “Turning 50 is nothing to fear. But it mostly goes downhill from here.” — Unknown
22. “I think when the full horror of being fifty hits you, you should stay home and have a good cry.” — Alan Bleasdale
23. “When I was young, people used to say to me: Wait until you’re 50, you’ll see. Well, I’m 50. I haven’t seen anything!” — Eric Satie
24. “One of the shocks of a 50th birthday is realizing the fundamental fact that your youth is irrevocably over.” — Marianne Williamson
25. “No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally—and often far more—worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.” — C. S. Lewis
26. “I bet you never thought year 50 would come, like a ghost of the future in a bad dream- but here you are, wearing suspenders and eating peaches with cream.” — Unknown
27. “By the time we hit 50, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves.” — Marie Dressler
28. “Turning 50 changed me, and I’m far more accepting of myself. I’m not thin, but I am a size 10. I go in at the middle and very much out at the bottom and top. And now I think, ‘Well, that’s how I am.’” — Carol Vorderman
29. “Turning 50 can be difficult, sometimes dangerous, for women. The danger is in that blip that can come from the fact that you become invisible, and if you’re not careful and don’t embrace that, it can trip you up, and you lose confidence.” — Dawn French
30. “There once was a man turning 50 who spent his life being thrifty. He pinched every penny and pocketed every dime; he planned his expenses and saved receipts every time. Now he’s retiring with change to spare, on his 50th birthday with a bottle of whiskey to share!.” — Unknown
Turning 50 quotes that are inspiring
These turning 50 quotes are bound to inspire you.
31. “Birthday wishes are the least of your concerns when you’re turning 50.” — Unknown
32. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” — Coco Chanel
33. “Now that you’ve turned the absolutely fab 50, it’s time to just go with the flow (like I know you can).” — Unknown
34. “I enjoy speaking to other women about turning 50, and how we can enjoy it, and how we can explore it.” — Victoria Principal
35. “My career was about to change radically; in turning 50 I had hit the age where my Dad made a big career, and his life started to unravel.” — Kenny Loggins
36. “When you’re turning 50 it’s time to make the switch from Just for Men to Clairol, from boxers to briefs, and from fried eggs and bacon to oatmeal.” — Unknown
37. “The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” — George Eliot
38. “When I turned 50, I said to myself, well, if this is what it’s like turning 50, I can’t wait to turn 60 because I still felt very, very mentally and physically good outside my back surgery.” — Greg Norman
39. “At 21, you’re finally free to slam down the throttle and see how fast you can go. At 30 you realize, hey, this thing has a brake pedal too. By 40, that brake pedal is showing some serious wear. At 50, let’s face it, you need a brake job.” — Greg Tamblyn
40. “I celebrated [my 50th birthday] by throwing a big bowl on the pottery wheel, then going for a water ski at the lake on our property in the Catskills, and that night, skinny-dipping under the stars. Just being free and joyful. And that’s how I [felt] about turning 50.” — Marcia Gay Harden
Some more turning 50 quotes for you
Below are some more interesting turning 50 quotes you would love to read.
41. “Looking fifty is great – if you’re sixty.” — Joan Rivers
42. “Turning 50 can’t be that bad; you’re far from being a 100-year-old hag!” — Unknown
43. “Happy birthday to someone who’s niftier at 50 than any person has the right to be.” — Unknown
44. “When you’re 50, every time you look in the mirror, you think it must be April Fools Day.” — Melanie White
45. “A man turns 50 when he’s warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police” — Henry Youngman
46. “Shopping when you’re turning 50 means buying your moisturizer by the case instead of by the jar.” — Unknown
47. “Now that rock is turning 50, it’s become classical in itself. It’s interesting to see that development.” — Bjork
48. “Congratulations on turning 50. You’re almost a grown-up! By the time you turn 100, you should be completely mature.” — Unknown
49. “You take all of the experience and judgment of men over 50 out of the world, and there wouldn’t be enough left to run it.” — Henry Ford
50. “If you’re 50, you’re never going to be 50 ever again, so enjoy being 50. If you sit through the year wishing you were younger before you know it, it’s going to be over, and you’re going to be 51.” — Julianne Moore
Which one of these turning 50 quotes is your favorite?
Our list of turning 50 quotes contains many relevant and inspiring quotes you can share with your friends and family.
Besides, if you are turning 50 this year, these quotes give you an idea of what a 50th birthday feels like.
This collection of turning 50 quotes contains many popular quotes you can read, enjoy, and get inspired by.
Here, depending on your choice, you can choose either shorter quotes or longer ones.
If you have found your favorite turning 50 quotes, just let us know by commenting in the section below.