These Mr. Robot quotes tell a television story about the other side of cybercrime and security.
The television series Mr. Robot aired on the USA network for four seasons. The show followed the life of Elliott Anderson.
He is an engineer working in cybersecurity who also struggles with living with several different mental health challenges.
He is eventually recruited by and begins working for a hacktivist group that views themselves as somewhat of vigilantes.
They’re working on several goals including deleting consumer debt by hacking the system of one of Elliot’s clients.
If you’re not sure if this show is for you, these Mr. Robot quotes will help you decide.
Don’t forget to also check out these The Umbrella Academy quotes to enjoy between seasons.
Memorable Mr. Robot quotes
1. “When we lose our principles, we invite chaos.” ― Mr. Robot
2. “I have burrowed underneath your brain. I am nested there. I am the scream in your mind. You will cooperate.” ― Mr. Robot
3. “The concept of waiting bewilders me. There are always deadlines. There are always ticking clocks. That is why you must manage your time.” ― Mr. Robot
4. “I’ve never found it hard to hack most people. If you listen to them, watch them, their vulnerabilities are like a neon sign.” ― Mr. Robot
5. “Control can sometimes be an illusion. But sometimes you need illusion to gain control.” ― Mr. Robot
6. “They will die in debt for things they didn’t want to do.” ― Mr. Robot
7. “Getting into the mind of a woman, it’s the toughest route for even the best sources.” ― Mr. Robot
8. “Most kids get scared shitless when they’re alone, but I wasn’t. I loved it.” ― Mr. Robot
9. “Don’t mistake my generosity for generosity.” ― Mr. Robot
10. “When you see a good move, look for a better one.” ― Mr. Robot
11. “People always told me growing up that it’s never about the destination. It’s about the journey. But what if the destination is you?” ― Mr. Robot
12. “Power belongs to the people that take it. Nothing to do with their hard work, strong ambitions, or rightful qualifications, no. The actual will to take is often the only thing that’s necessary.” ― Mr. Robot
13. “Sure, there are grays… But when you come right down to it, at its core, beneath every choice, there’s either a one or a zero. You either do something or you don’t.” ― Mr. Robot
14. “You walk out that door, you’ve decided to do nothing, to say no, which means you do not come back. You leave, you are no longer a part of this. You become a zero. If you stay, if you want to change the world, you become a yes. You become a one.” ― Mr. Robot
15. “The world is a dangerous place, Elliott, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” ― Mr. Robot
16. “My dad was a… petty thief. Never could hold down a job, so, he just robbed. Convenience stores, shops, small-time stuff.” ― Mr. Robot
17.“She doesn’t love the people who love her. She loves the people who don’t.” ― Mr. Robot
18. “I believe in fate. There’s a reason we met. There’s something between us. I can see it.” ― Mr. Robot
Mr. Robot quotes by Elliot
19. “Though she’s a psychologist she’s really bad at reading people but I’m good at reading people. My secret? I look for the worst in them.” ― Elliot
20. “We’re all living in each other’s paranoia.” ― Elliot
21. “It’s good. So good, it scratched that part of my mind. The part that doesn’t allow good to exist without a condition.” ― Elliot
22. “Maybe wars aren’t meant to be won, maybe they’re meant to be continuous.” ― Elliot
23. “Though she’s a psychologist she’s really bad at reading people but I’m good at reading people. My secret? I look for the worst in them.” ― Elliot
24. “I never want to be right about my hacks, but people always find a way to disappoint.” ― Elliot
25. “I’m good at reading people. My secret , I look for the worst in them.” ― Elliot
26. “A bug is never just a mistake. It represents something bigger. An error of thinking that makes you who you are.” ― Elliot
27. “I’m ok with it being awkward between us.” ― Elliot
28. “What I wouldn’t give to be normal. To live in that bubble. Reality of the naive.” ― Elliot
29. “I understand what it’s like to be different. I’m very different too. I mean, I don’t jerk off to little kids, but I don’t know how to talk to people.” ― Elliot
30. “That’s what you’re wrong about Rohit. I don’t give a sh*t about money.” ― Elliot
31. “If it weren’t for Qwerty, I’d be completely empty.” ― Elliot
32. “Yo… you’ve been staring at a computer screen way too long, homie. Life’s not that binary. Isn’t it?” ― Elliot
33. “He’s too old to have a complicated password.” ― Elliot
34. “They showed themselves, the top 1% of the 1%, the ones in control, the ones who play God without permission. And now I’m gonna take them down.” ― Elliot
35. “Every relationship is a power struggle. Some of us need to be controlled.” ― Elliot
36. “How do I take off a mask when it stops being a mask, when it’s as much a part of me as I am?” ― Elliot
37. “What if changing the world was just about being here, by showing up no matter how many times we get told we don’t belong, by staying true even when we’re shamed into being false, by believing in ourselves even when we’re told we’re too different?” ― Elliot
Mr. Robot quotes by Tyrell Wellick
38. “Unfortunately, we’re all human. Except me, of course.” ― Tyrell Wellick
39. “Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, but give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.” ― Tyrell Wellick
40. “Even extraordinary people, and I believe you are, are driven by human banalities.” ― Tyrell Wellick
Mr. Robot quotes by Fernando Vera
41. “People walk around, act like they know what hate means. Nah, no one does, until you hate yourself. I mean truly hate yourself. That’s power.” ― Fernando Vera
42. “People walk around, act like they know what hate means. Nah, no one does, until you hate yourself. I mean truly hate yourself. That’s power.” ― Fernando Vera
43. “There’s a smart time to be scared, bro… and a stupid time.” ― Fernando Vera
Mr. Robot quotes by Whiterose
44. “The concept of waiting bewilders me. There are always deadlines. There are always ticking clocks.” ― Whiterose
45. “You hack people. I hack time.” ― Whiterose
Mr. Robot quotes from other characters
46. “If you want to change things, perhaps you should try from within because this is what happens from the outside.” ― Terry Colby
47. “Never trust a tech guy with a rat tail—too easy to carve secrets out of him.” ― Lone Star
48. “I’m gonna fix the world I broke, and put it back together better than it was before.” ― Sam Esmail
49. “You’re never sure about anything unless there’s something to be sure about.” ― Gideon Goddard
50. “People are all just people, right? When it gets down to it, everyone’s the same. They love something. They want something. They fear something. Specifics help, but specifics don’t change the way that everyone is vulnerable. It just changes the way that we access those vulnerabilities.” ― Mobley
Which of these Mr. Robot quotes is your favorite?
Mr. Robot was praised for the acting by lead actors, Rami Malek as Elliott and Christian Slater as “Mr. Robot”. The show won many awards and was nominated for many more.
The show puts an interesting and unique spin on what modern-day vigilantes might look like. It also shows the other side of the cyberhacking story and how some might even view themselves as somewhat of a “Robin Hood” by doing something like deleting all debt in order to bring relief to consumers.
The Mr. Robert series was known for pushing the boundaries while telling a story different than other shows.
If you’ve been watching shows that are all starting to feel too similar, try switching it up with Mr. Robot. You can reread the Mr. Robot quotes and sayings above to get a feel for what you’ll be watching.
September 10, 2021 7:00 AM EST