If you are waiting around for your life or career to improve, these opportunity quotes can help motivate and guide you.
Life is full of opportunities. But it’s easyto miss those opportunities because they don’t often look like we think theyare going to. Or, we allow fear to stop us from grasping opportunity when itpresents itself to us.
If you want to grow in life and work, you need to learn how to recognize opportunity when it arises and also to create new opportunities for yourself. But you don’t want to stop there, as you keep growing you will learn how to help create opportunities for others as well.
To help motivate you, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful opportunity quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a variety of motivational quotes for employees to power your day. Be sure to read that as well.
Failure and opportunity quotes
1. “Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again.” – Henry Ford
2. “When things do not go your way, remember that every challenge – every adversity – contains within it the seeds of opportunity and growth.” – Roy T. Bennett
3. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
4. “Every twist and turn in life is an opportunity to learn something new about yourself, your interests, your talents, and how to set and then achieve goals.” – Jameela Jamil
5. “I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.” – John D. Rockefeller
6. “In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
7. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.” – Anonymous
8. “Decide what you want, and then act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Brian Tracy
9. “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” – Stephen Richards
10. “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” – John F. Kennedy
11. “Turn your obstacles into opportunities and your problems into possibilities.” – Roy T. Bennett
12. “Every moment wasted looking back, keeps us from moving forward.” – Hillary Clinton
13. “There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity.” – Douglas MacArthur
14. Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. – Victor Kiam
Opportunity quotes to help you seize your chances
15. “If a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade.” – Tom Peters
16. “When opportunity presents itself, don’t be afraid to go after it.” – Eddie Kennison
17. “Most people miss Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas A. Edison
18. “Expect change. Analyze the landscape. Take the opportunities. Stop being the chess piece; become the player. It’s your move.” – Tony Robbins
19. “It is possible to become discouraged about the injustice we see everywhere. But God did not promise us that the world would be humane and just. He gives us the gift of life and allows us to choose the way we will use our limited time on earth. It is an awesome opportunity.” – Cesar Chavez
20. “When a great moment knocks on the door of your life, it is often no louder than the beating of your heart, and it is very easy to miss it.” ― Boris Pasternak
21. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
22. “I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.” – John D. Rockefeller
Make sure to also check out these wise sayings about life to expand your understanding.
Opportunity quotes on thinking big
23. “As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
24. “Ability is of little account without opportunity.” – Lucille Ball
25. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
26. “The sad truth is that opportunity doesn’t knock twice.” – Gloria Estefan
27. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward
28. “Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door.” – Emily Dickinson
29. “Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.” – Anonymous
30. “What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.” – Benjamin Franklin
31. “Let me tell ya. You gotta pay attention to signs. When life reaches out with a moment like this it’s a sin if you don’t reach back…I’m telling you.” – Matthew Quick
Opportunity quotes on how to create them
32. “Don’t wait for the right opportunity: create it.” – George Bernard Shaw
33. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
34. “I speak not for myself but for those without voice… those who have fought for their rights… their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated.” – Malala Yousafzai
35. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” – Bruce Lee
36. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
37. “Victory comes from finding opportunities in problems.” – Sun Tzu
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Sun Tzu quotes from the iconic warrior and philospher.
38. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
39. “To stay ahead, you must have your next idea waiting in the wings.” – Rosabeth Moss Kanter
40. “America is another name for opportunity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
42. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
43. “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” – Francis Bacon
Opportunity quotes on creating chances for others
44. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” – Peter Drucker
45. “As we enjoy great adventures from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by an invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.” – Benjamin Franklin
46. “What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” – Kamala Harris
47. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
48. “Pursuing your passions makes you more interesting, and interesting people are enchanting.” – Guy Kawasaki
49. “… one opportunity leads directly to another, just as risk leads to more risk, life to more life, and death to more death.” – Markus Zusak
50. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ― Alexander Graham Bell
51. “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.” – Jim Carrey
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these inspirational challenge quotes about tough times in life, work and love.
More opportunity quotes and sayings
52. “Problems can become opportunities when the right people come together.” – Robert Redford
53. “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.” – Benjamin Franklin
54. “One can present people with opportunities. One cannot make them equal to them.” – Rosamond Lehmann
55. “The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.” – Jonas Salk
56. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – Betty Friedan
57. “If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. a lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it’s passed.” – Kanye West
58. “Everyone has something to contribute to this world. It’s just a matter of being given that opportunity to do so.” – Grace Hightower
59. “One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to help you get things done.
Powerful opportunity quotes to ponder on
60. “Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
61. “It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;—it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.” ― Jane Austen
62. “I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.” ― Oprah Winfrey
63. “Opportunity does not waste time with those who are unprepared.” ― Idowu Koyenikan
64. “Single” is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” ― Mandy Hale
65. “Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.” ― Thomas S. Monson
66. “Remember the two benefits of failure. First, if you do fail, you learn what doesn’t work; and second, the failure gives you the opportunity to try a new approach.” ― Roger Von Oech
67. “Remember that things are not always as they appear to be… Curiosity creates possibilities and opportunities.” ― Roy T. Bennett
68. “It is not often that a man can make opportunities for himself. But he can put himself in such shape that when or if the opportunities come he is ready.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
69. “Unfortunately, there seems to be far more opportunity out there than ability…. We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.” ― Thomas A. Edison
Start looking for your open door
Are you feeling motivated to start taking action? That’s exactly what you need to do in order to make the most of the opportunities that show up in your life. Only when you learn how to spot them will you really be able to grasp it.
Having the right attitude towards opportunity and looking for ways to help others do the same can make a difference in your home life and work life. Don’t be afraid to move past any failures that you experienced in the past or any fear that you have over the future. Real growth and opportunity come when you step outside of your comfort zone.
Which of these motivational opportunity quotes inspired you to take action? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section.
April 18, 2022 5:00 AM EST