The 1998 Disney film Mulan is one of the most memorable and quotable animated films of the 90s.
Jump back into the adventures of Mulan, Mushu, and Shang with the Mulan quotes below.
What’s your favorite scene from Mulan?
Mulan stars Ming-Na Wen, Eddie Murphy, BD Wong, and Miguel Ferrer playing Fa Mulan, Mushu, Captain Li Shang, and Shan Yu, respectively.
The movie follows Mulan, the daughter of an aged soldier, as she impersonates a man to take her father’s place in the army to combat an invasion.
Mulan was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Music Score as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score, for the Christina Aguilera-assisted track “Reflection”.
A live-action version of Mulan came out in 2020, starring Liu Yifei in the title role.
Relive the Disney classic in the awesome quotes featured.
Mulan quotes from Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
1. “Uh, my ancestors sent a little lizard to help me?” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
2. “Who am I fooling? It’s going to take a miracle to get me into the army.” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
3. “Maybe I didn’t go for my father. Maybe what I really wanted was to prove I could do things right, so when I looked in the mirror, I’d see someone worthwhile. But I was wrong. I see nothing.” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
4. “Oh, hi, guys. I didn’t know you were here. I was just washing, so now I’m clean, and I’m gonna go. Bye-bye!” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
5. “I never want to see a naked man again.” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
6. “Just because I look like a man doesn’t mean I have to smell like one.” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
7. “You said you trust Ping. Why should Mulan be any different?” – Fa Mulan (Ming-Na Wen)
Mulan quotes from Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
8. “I’m travel-sized for your convenience!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
9. “Okay, people, people, look alive! Let’s go, come on, get up! Let’s move it! Rise and shine! You’re all way past the beauty sleep thing, trust me!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
10. “My little baby, off to destroy people.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
11. “I just woke up! I am the great Stone Dragon—good morning! I will go forth and fetch Mulan! Did I mention that I was the great Stone Dragon?” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
12. “You missed! How could you miss? He was three feet in front of you!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
13. “My little baby is all grown up and saving China.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
14. “Dragon! DRAGON! Not lizard. I don’t do that tongue thing.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
15. “Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this: dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow…” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
16. “No time to talk. Now remember, it’s your first day of trainin’, so listen to your teacher and no fightin’, play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other kid’s butt.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of inspirational Disney quotes about imagination and success.
More Mulan quotes from Mushu
17. “Ooh, I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover. Come on, scare me, girl!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
18. “We’re in a war, man! There’s no time for stupid questions!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
19. “Let’s go kick some Hunny buns!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
20. “Did you see those Huns? They popped out of the snow, like daisies!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
21. “We’re gonna die! We’re gonna die! We’re definitely gonna die! No way we survive this! Death is coming!” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
22. “I was this close. This close to impressin’ the ancestors, gettin’ the top shelf, an entourage.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
23. “What you mean, a loser? How ’bout if I pop one of your antennas off, and throw it across the yard? Then who’s the loser, me or you?” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
24. “So a couple of guys don’t rinse out their socks. Picky, picky, picky. Well, myself, I kind of like that corn chip smell.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
25. “Jump back, I’m pretty hot, huh? Don’t make me have to singe nobody to prove no point.” – Mushu (Eddie Murphy)
How have you reacted to adversity in the past?
Arguably the most memorable quote from Mulan comes from The Emperor of China, near the end of the movie, “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.”
We can’t change what happens to us throughout life but we do have power over our reaction.
Whether it’s at school, work, or your social life, try to see your misfortunes as learning experiences.
See it as an opportunity to grow and get better.
The ways that we react to life’s struggles will help us have brighter futures.
Which of these Mulan quotes and lines is your favorite?
Which movie should we feature next on Everyday Power?
Let us know below!
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST