Out latest collection of motivating self help quotes on Everyday Power!
Wait don’t I need the whole self help book?
Yes and no!
For right now, enjoy the quotes and find the books of the authors you love!
We’ve read the self help books and listened to the audios, but now let’s condense it with 10 powerful self help quotes.
Some of these self help quotes you’ve heard before and some might be new.
That point is not if you’ve read them, but if you’ve used them.
When you read these quotes I want you to think about a challenge you have in your life right now.
What is in your way?
Have you been evading the solution?
What do you need to tell yourself to take the next step forward?
Use these self help quotes and interpretations to help guide, inspire and become clearer on your next best step!
The Best Self Help Quotes and Ideas to Maximize YOU!
1. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”― Ernest Hemingway
There is no competition. We can use business or sports as a metaphor to illustrate that the most successful businesses and athletes don’t focus on pushing their competition out of the game – they want to play against them – they focus on being a better company or athlete than they were last year, last month and last week. Let’s operate from a similar psychology.
Who were you last year, last month, last week and even yesterday? Are you better than before? What have you learned, experienced, let go of, earned, created and realized? There is no outside competition. We win or lose from within!
2. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”― George Bernard Shaw
Before we decide to take ‘massive action’ and ‘take responsibility’ for our lives, we need to change our mind about what is possible for us.
What do we really think we are capable of? What are we thinking about, when we think about change? How often do we talk ourselves out of change?
Dedicate some time, practice and energy on simply changing your mind, how you see yourself and your worth.
3. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”― Jim Rohn
Any Manager, Executive, CEO, NGO Chair, Social Entrepreneur that I know or studied, have all set aside to work on themselves. It’s easy to exhaust ourselves at work, but how much time are spending on our growth and development – as a professional and as a person.
Think about the personal and human skills that will help improve all areas of your life – stress management, routine exercise and exercise routines, communication skills, meditation, prayer, giving loved ones genuine attention, pursuing habits and interests, etc. How much have you invested in you?
4. “You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.” ― Lauren Oliver
Let’s be real, it’s very difficult to be happy all the time. Almost impossible! And it’s OK to own that. No matter how much you work on yourself, you still experience all of life and the full range of human emotions. It’s OK!
5. “I do not believe in making the right decision, I make a decision and make it right.” ― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
Take the pressure off making a big decision. Many times the pressure can cause confusion, which will make the decision making process very difficult.
Every decision we make will take commitment, energy and perseverance. There is no ‘easy’ choice. The question is, which decision excites you more? Which decision can you commit to for a longer period of time?
Self help quotes to elevate your mind
6. “Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.” Don’t be resigned to that. Break out!” – Dead Poets Society
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dead Poets Society quotes to make you think differently.
This is true for our voice and anything else we are trying to pursue. The longer we put it off, the less likely we are to make it happen. No more talking yourself out of goals and ambitions that excite you!
7. “It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ― Anne Frank
This quote comes from Anne Frank who was a Holocaust victim and wrote a diary that has been read and reread all over the world. If Anne is able to hold on to her ideals, values, and dreams while avoiding genocide…that really just puts things into perspective, to say the least!
8. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
What if we turned grief into celebrations – how would that impact our ability to move on and move forward? We can never change what just happened, or what has been lost, but we can always control how we interpret the ‘loss’. Celebrate that you even had it at all.
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
9. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” ― Tom Bodett
Do you agree? Do you think we need all three? What do all three of these things have in common for you? How important are they to you? When you look at your life, do these things show up?
10. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
Is your life an adventure or is it boring? What are you holding back on? One of the best ways to be real is to be vulnerable. Don’t avoid it, embrace it!
Don’t forget to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
More self help quotes to motivate you
11. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”― Stephen Richards
12. “All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment.”― Byron Katie
13. “Rejection is an opportunity for your selection.”― Bernard Branson
14. “Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.”― Jaachynma N.E. Agu
15. “You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.”― Idowu Koyenikan
16. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.”― Janice Trachtman
17. “Your inner strength is your outer foundation.”― Allan Rufus
18. “You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.”― George Alexiou
19. “Fortune does favor the bold and you’ll never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try.”― Sheryl Sandberg
20. “It is not as much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be.”― Sanhita Baruah
Self Help Quotes To Work On Yourself
21. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”— M. Scott Peck
22. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.”— Buddha
24. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
25. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.”— Wayne Dyer
26. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”— Mark Twain
27. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”— Hermann Hesse
28. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”— Sir Edmund Hillary
29. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”— Sandra Bierig
30. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.”— Katrina Mayer
Best Self-Help Quotes To About Being Good To Yourself
31. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” ― Dale Carnegie
32. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”— Anne Lamott
33. “Honestly, self-care is not fluffy. It’s something we should take seriously.”— Kris Carr
34. “If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”— Martin Luther King Jr.
35. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.”— Tyra Banks
36. “Forgiveness isn’t just the absence of anger. I think it’s also the presence of self-love when you actually begin to value yourself.”— Tara Westover
37. Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.”— Joel Osteen
38. “Self-care equals success. You’re going to be more successful if you take care of yourself and you’re healthy.”— Beth Behrs
39. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” — Sophia Loren
40. “Self-love is the source of all our other loves.”— Pierre Corneille
Which of these motivating self help quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational self help quotes to add?
We would love to hear your thoughts.
Take a second to Like, Comment and Share!
May 10, 2022 6:00 AM EST