Discover the poetic work of the astrologer in these Nostradamus quotes.
While he is generally referred to simply as Nostradamus, his birth name was Michel de Nostredame. He was alive in the 1500s and experienced the ups and downs that came with the time.
For example, he lost his first wife and their children to the plague before remarrying and starting a new family. He also worked as an apothecary for a time which got him kicked out of school.
Eventually, he was an astrologer, seer, and physician. However, he is best known in modern times for writing his book Les Prophéties, which is a collection of poems about future events including the end times (much of which was Bible-based.) Below is a taste of the work that he did.
Don’t forget to also check out these Galileo Galilei quotes on mathematics, astronomy, and the universe.
Nostradamus quotes on religion and the rapture
1. “We need god to prosper those without him will not.” – Nostradamus
2. “So many evils by Satan’s prince will be committed that almost the entire world will find itself undone and desolated. Before these events, many rare birds will cry in the air, ‘Now! Now!” and sometime later will vanish.” – Nostradamus
3. “Events of human origin are uncertain, but all are regulated and governed by the incalculable power of God, inspiring us not through drunken fury nor by frantic movement, but through the influences of the stars.” – Nostradamus
4. “One whom the infernal gods of Hannibal will cause to be reborn, terror of mankind; never more horror nor worse days in the past than will come to the Romans through Babel.” – Nostradamus
5. ”The great earthquake shall be in the month of May; Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus; Venus, also Cancer, Mars in zero.” – Nostradamus
6. “Sooner and later you will see great changes made, dreadful horrors and vengeances. for as the Moon is thus led by its angel, the heavens draw near to the Balance.” – Nostradamus
7. “Hercules King of Rome and of Annemark, three times one surnamed de Gaulle will lead Italy and the one of St. Mark to tremble, first monarch, renowned above all.” – Nostradamus
8. “Near the gates and within two cities there will be scourges the likes of which were never seen: famine within plague, people put out by steel, crying to the great immortal God for relief.” – Nostradamus
9. “The inflated imitations of gold and silver, which after the rapture are thrown into the fire, all is exhausted and dissipated by the debt. All scripts and bonds are wiped out. At the fourth pillar dedicated to Saturn, split by earthquake and flood: vexing everyone, an urn of gold is found and then restored.” – Nostradamus
10. “The young man, born to rule England, which his dying father commended to him. Once his father is dead, London will cavill. The kingdom is taken back from his son.” – Nostradamus
11. “The religion of the name of the seas will triumph against the sect of the son of Adaluncatif; The obstinate, lamented sect will be fearful of the two wounded by Aleph and Aleph.” – Nostradamus
12. “The body without soul is no longer at the sacrifice. At the day of death, it come to rebirth. The divine spirit will make the soul rejoice seeing the eternity of the world.” – Nostradamus
13. “Earthshaking fire from the center of the Earth will cause tremors around the New City. Two great rocks will war for a long time, then Arethusa will redden a new river.” – Nostradamus
14. “In the third month, the sun rises, the Boar and the Leopard on the field of Mars to fight; The tired Leopard raises its eye to the heavens, sees an eagle playing around the sun.” – Nostradamus
More Nostradamus quotes about the rapture
15. ”From the depths of the West of Europe, a young child will be born of poor people, he who by his tongue will seduce a great troop; his fame will increase towards the realm of the East.” – Nostradamus
16. “In Germany, a new sect shall be born which shall renew ancient pagan times.” – Nostradamus
17. “The great empire will be torn from limb, the all-powerful one for more than four-hundred years: Great power given to the dark one from slaves come.” – Nostradamus
18. “On the fields of Media, of Arabia, and of Armenia, two great armies will assemble thrice. The host near the bank of the Araxes, they will fall in the land of the great Suleiman.” – Nostradamus
19. “In England, one without a trace of Royalty will master. Twenty months he will rule; twenty months he will bleed the lands, then his end comes quickly.” – Nostradamus
20. “Very near Auch, Lectoure, and Mirande, great fire will fall from the sky for three nights. A most stupendous and astonishing event will occur. Very soon afterwards, the earth will tremble.” – Nostradamus
21. “Nothing in the world can one imagine beforehand, not the least thing, everything is made up of so many unique particulars that cannot be foreseen.” – Nostradamus
22. “Five and forty steps the sky will burn. Fire approaching the large new city. Instantly a great thin flame will leap when someone will want to test the Normans.” – Nostradamus
23. “The blood of the just will be demanded of London, burnt by fire in the year ’66. The ancient Lady will fall from her high place, and many of the same sect will be killed.” – Nostradamus
24. “That which neither weapon nor flame could accomplish will be achieved by a sweet speaking tongue in council.” – Nostradamus
25. “The year 1999, seventh month, from Heaven will come a great king of terror: to bring back to life the great King of Angolmois. Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.” – Nostradamus
26. “When twenty years of the Moon’s reign have passed another will take up his reign for seven thousand years. When the exhausted Sun takes up his cycle then my prophecy and threats will be accomplished.” – Nostradamus
27. “The Antichrist will be the infernal prince again for the third and last time… so many evils shall be committed by the means of Satan, the infernal Prince, that almost the entire world shall be found undone and desolate. Before these events happen, many rare birds will cry in the air, ‘Now! Now!’ and sometime later will vanish.” – Nostradamus
28. “Despite all the silver of Diana and Mercury, their images will be found on the lake. For the sculptor looking for new clay, he and his people will be flooded with gold.” – Nostradamus
29. “Mankind will discover objects in space sent to us by the watchers…” – Nostradamus
30. “To an old leader will be born an idiot heir, weak both in knowledge and in war.” – Nostradamus
And still more Nostradamus quotes
31. “The sudden death of the leading man will cause change, making another man leader. Soon, but too late, the young man will attain high office. By land and sea, he will be feared.” – Nostradamus
32. “The army of the sea shall stand before the city, then shall go away for a passage that shall not be very long, as a great prey of citizens shall be holding the ground. The fleet returns. The great emblem recovered.” – Nostradamus
33. “The great Satyr and Tiger of Hyrcania presents a gift to those of the Ocean; A fleet’s chief will set out from Carmania, one who will take land at the Tyrren Phocaean.” – Nostradamus
34.“The third big war will begin when the big city is burning from the calm morning, the end will come when of the dancing horse the number of circles will be nine.” – Nostradamus
35. “A common soldier will make an empire, but he will eventually meet his fate and be condemned to the Great Rock.” – Nostradamus
36. “After there is great trouble among mankind, a greater one is prepared. The great mover of the universe will renew time, rain, blood, thirst, famine, steel weapons, and disease. In the heavens, a fire seen.” – Nostradamus
37. “Come the millennium, month 12, In the home of greatest power, The village idiot will come forth To be acclaimed the leader.” – Nostradamus
38. “A great war shall burst forth from fishes of steel. Machines of flying fire, lobsters, grasshoppers, mosquitoes. The mass attacks shall be repulsed in the woods when no child in Germany shall obey any longer.” – Nostradamus
39. “Tomorrow at sunrise I shall no longer be here.” – Nostradamus
40. “Understanding created by the intellect cannot be acquired by means of the occult, only by the aid of the zodiac, bringing forth that small flame by whose light part of the future may be discerned.” – Nostradamus
What did you learn from these Nostradamus quotes?
It may seem like the work that someone did from the 1500s would be irrelevant today, but it continues to resurface. People like to try to make connections between his predictions and traumatic current events that happen.
There are many examples of times when the internet has exploded trying to say that he forecasted major events that are happening, although these theories are dispelled.
However, there’s no denying that there is something we can learn from the work he did since it has stood the test of time and lasted over 400 years.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Nostradamus quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 6, 2021 7:00 AM EST