There are a lot of really great things about Disney’s Frozen and Frozen 2. There’s the acting, the story, the music, and the voice talent. However, the best part about the movies might just be everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf. If you are wondering why he should be everyone’s favorite, just keep reading these funny Olaf quotes about love, life, and random ‘facts’!
Little Elsa and Anna build him as kids before magic makes their lives a little crazy. Then, poor Anna spends years asking Elsa, “if she wants to build a snowman?” Olaf is a fond memory of both girls as evidenced by Anna trying to get her sister to interact with her, and Elsa recreating the snowman of her childhood when she felt confused and lost, after having turned Arendelle into a winter wonderland.
Ever wonder why they named him Olaf, though? Well, the name Olaf is Norse for “ancestor’s relic”. The name is ‘sainted and regal’ in Norway, but gets used in a more oafish manner in the US.
Once Olaf is brought to life, he says many things that are funny and absurd. However, he also says some endearing and insightful things too. These Olaf quotes highlight the keen observational power, innocence, and wit that make him such a wonderful addition to the movies.
Don’t forget to also check out these Frozen quotes that will thaw your heart.
Funny Olaf quotes that remind you to laugh when life is tough
1. “Hey Anna! Sven! Where’d you guys go? We totally lost Marshmallow back there!” ― Olaf
2. “Hey, we were just talking about you! All good things, all good things.” ― Olaf
3. “Oh, look at that. I’ve been impaled.” ― Olaf
4. “Don’t chew that; You don’t know what I stepped in.” ― Olaf
5. “Look, the sky’s awake.” ― Olaf
6. “Knock. Just knock. Why isn’t she knocking? Do you think she knows how to knock?” ― Olaf
7. “Oh, I love it. It’s so cute. It like a little baby unicorn.” ― Olaf
8. “Watch out for my butt!” ― Olaf
9. “Sorry, I just found clothes restricting.” ― Olaf
10. “Quick question. Is this whole, “putting us in mortal danger” going to be a regular thing?” ― Olaf
11. “Sven promised to read me a bedtime story.” ― Olaf
12. “You do the best voices! Like when you pretend to be Kristoff.” ― Olaf
Best Olaf quotes and sayings about love, hugs, and kisses
13. “I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn’t love you enough to leave you behind.” ― Olaf
14. “I’m not leaving here until we find some other act of true love to save you! Do you happen to have any ideas?” ― Olaf
15. “Because I love you, Anna, I insist you run.” ― Olaf
16. “Whoa, you really don’t know anything about love, do you?” ― Olaf
17. “Love… is… putting someone else’s needs before yours. Like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here to Hans and left you forever.” ― Olaf
18. “I just thought of one thing that’s permanent. Love.” ― Olaf
19. “I understand, you’re love experts.” ― Olaf
20. “Only the act of true love will thaw a frozen heart.” ― Olaf
21. “Let’s go kiss Hans! Who is this Hans?” ― Olaf
22. “Hi, everyone. I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs!” ― Olaf
Olaf quotes about seasons and the weather
23. “Oh, I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the idea of summer, and sun, and all things hot!” ― Olaf
24. “Whoa, so this is heat. I love it! Ow, but don’t touch it!” ― Olaf
25. “Yeah, it really is beautiful, isn’t it? But it’s so white. How about a little color?” ― Olaf
26. “When I finally do what frozen things do in summer!” ― Olaf
27. “Winter’s a good time to stay in and cuddle but put me in summer and I’ll be a… happy snowman!” ― Olaf
28. “Y’know, how about a little color? I’m thinking maybe some crimson; chartreuse. How about yellow? No, not yellow. Yellow and snow?” ― Olaf
29. “How I wish it would stay this way forever. Although, fall mocks us with change.” ― Olaf
Inspirational and heartwarming Olaf quotes we can relate to
30. “We call this making the best out of what we can control!” ― Olaf
31. “I love happy endings.” ― Olaf
32. “Some people are worth melting for.” ― Olaf
33. “Hands down, this is the best day of my life.” ― Olaf
34. “Because when you’re older, absolutely everything makes sense.” ― Olaf
35. “I still don’t know what transformation is, but I feel like this forest has changed us all.” ― Olaf
36. “How do you guys cope with the ever-increasing complexity of thought that comes with maturity?” ― Olaf
37. “Change mocks us with her beauty.” ― Olaf
38. “You said some things never change, but since then, everything has done nothing but change.” ― Olaf
39. “Come on, it’ll be fun. Unless we get stuck here, you starve and I give up.” ― Olaf
Olaf quotes about life and random facts
40. “People blink 4 million times a day.” ― Olaf
41. “Wombats poop in squares.” ― Olaf
42. “Men are six times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.” ― Olaf
43. “Did you know that water has memory?” ― Olaf
44. “Turtles can breathe through their butts.” ― Olaf
45. “My theory about advancing technology is both our savior and our doom.” ― Olaf
46. “Did you know that an enchanted forest is a place of transformation?” ― Olaf
47. “It makes me wonder why they just didn’t make the whole ship waterproof.” ― Olaf
48. “I don’t have a skull. Or bones.” ― Olaf
49. “Oh, the giants—they’re huge!” ― Olaf
50. (When his friends question his facts) “Well, that was unanimous—but I will look it up when we get home.” ― Olaf
Which of these Olaf quotes is your favorite?
Here are few genuine Olaf facts that you might not be aware of! Once I learned who it was though, I couldn’t unhear it or fathom how I didn’t realize it sooner! Josh Gad, who does a spectacular job playing LeFou in Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast voices Olaf.
If you are like me, when you watched Beauty and the Beast, LeFou’s voice sounded familiar to you, but you couldn’t place it. Now, I can’t watch one movie without thinking of the other character!
Early in the film’s conception, when the idea of Elsa controlling an army of scary snowmen was being thrown around, Olaf was originally written to be one of the guards at her castle.
However, when the creators realized the story worked much better with Anna and Elsa as sisters, Olaf quickly became something that bonded them together and reminded them of love and happier times. He gives viewers that same love, innocence (while still making the adults laugh), and joy.
What are your favorite Olaf quotes and lines? Use the comment section below to let us know!
June 2, 2021 7:00 AM EST