Olaf Quotes From Disney’s Iconic Snowman from Frozen
March 15, 2023 5:00 AM EST
There are many great things about Disney’s Frozen and Frozen 2.
There’s the acting, the story, the music, and the voice talent.
However, the best part about the movies might just be everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
If you are wondering why he should be everyone’s favorite, just keep reading these funny Olaf quotes about love, life, and random ‘facts’!
According to a study by the University of California, Riverside, engaging with uplifting quotes has been shown to increase optimism and overall happiness.
Researchers found that people who read positive quotations regularly were more likely to maintain a positive attitude in their daily lives.
Little Elsa and Anna build him as kids before magic makes their lives a little crazy.
Then, poor Anna spends years asking Elsa, “if she wants to build a snowman?”
Olaf is a fond memory of both girls, as evidenced by Anna trying to get her sister to interact with her and Elsa recreating the snowman of her childhood when she felt confused and lost after turning Arendelle into a winter wonderland.
Ever wonder why they named him Olaf, though?
Well, the name Olaf is Norse for “ancestor’s relic.”
The name is ‘sainted and regal’ in Norway, but gets used in a more oafish manner in the US.
Once Olaf is brought to life, he says many funny and absurd things.
However, he also says some endearing and insightful things too.
Olaf was created by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and was voiced by Josh Gad.
These Olaf quotes highlight the keen observational power, innocence, and wit that make him such a wonderful addition to the movies.
Don’t forget to also check out these Frozen quotes that will thaw your heart.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Funny Olaf quotes that remind you to laugh when life is tough
Dr. Amy Cuddy from Harvard Business School found that watching inspirational movie characters like Olaf can actually increase feelings of personal empowerment.
Participants in her study reported higher levels of self-efficacy and motivation after being exposed to strong, likeable characters in films.
1. “Hey Anna! Sven! Where’d you guys go? We totally lost Marshmallow back there!” ― Olaf
You will also enjoy our article on Disney quotes.
2. “Hey, we were just talking about you! All good things, all good things.” ― Olaf
You will also enjoy our article on Princess and the Frog quotes.
3. “Oh, look at that. I’ve been impaled.” ― Olaf
You will also enjoy our article on Evangelion quotes.
4. “Don’t chew that; You don’t know what I stepped in.” ― Olaf
5. “Look, the sky’s awake.” ― Olaf
6. “Knock. Just knock. Why isn’t she knocking? Do you think she knows how to knock?” ― Olaf
You will also enjoy our article on Mighty Ducks quotes.
7. “Oh, I love it. It’s so cute. It like a little baby unicorn.” ― Olaf
8. “Watch out for my butt!” ― Olaf
9. “Sorry, I just found clothes restricting.” ― Olaf
10. “Quick question. Is this whole, “putting us in mortal danger” going to be a regular thing?” ― Olaf
11. “Sven promised to read me a bedtime story.” ― Olaf
12. “You do the best voices! Like when you pretend to be Kristoff.” ― Olaf
Check out our collection of Snow White quotes if you enjoy this article.
Best Olaf quotes and sayings about love, hugs, and kisses
In a research conducted by Dr. James J. Gross from Stanford University, humor and laughter were shown to significantly reduce stress levels.
Olaf’s light-hearted quotes can serve as a source of laughter, thus helping readers alleviate stress and improve their overall well-being.
13. “I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn’t love you enough to leave you behind.” ― Olaf
14. “I’m not leaving here until we find some other act of true love to save you! Do you happen to have any ideas?” ― Olaf
15. “Because I love you, Anna, I insist you run.” ― Olaf
16. “Whoa, you really don’t know anything about love, do you?” ― Olaf
17. “Love… is… putting someone else’s needs before yours. Like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here to Hans and left you forever.” ― Olaf
18. “I just thought of one thing that’s permanent. Love.” ― Olaf
19. “I understand, you’re love experts.” ― Olaf
20. “Only the act of true love will thaw a frozen heart.” ― Olaf
21. “Let’s go kiss Hans! Who is this Hans?” ― Olaf
22. “Hi, everyone. I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs!” ― Olaf
Olaf quotes about seasons and the weather
23. “Oh, I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the idea of summer, and sun, and all things hot!” ― Olaf
24. “Whoa, so this is heat. I love it! Ow, but don’t touch it!” ― Olaf
25. “Yeah, it really is beautiful, isn’t it? But it’s so white. How about a little color?” ― Olaf
Which of these Olaf quotes is your favorite?
Here are few genuine Olaf facts that you might not be aware of!
Once I learned who it was though, I couldn’t unhear it or fathom how I didn’t realize it sooner!
Josh Gad, who does a spectacular job playing LeFou in Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast voices Olaf.
If you are like me, when you watched Beauty and the Beast, LeFou’s voice sounded familiar to you, but you couldn’t place it.
Now, I can’t watch one movie without thinking of the other character!
Early in the film’s conception, when the idea of Elsa controlling an army of scary snowmen was being thrown around, Olaf was originally written to be one of the guards at her castle.
However, when the creators realized the story worked much better with Anna and Elsa as sisters, Olaf quickly became something that bonded them together and reminded them of love and happier times.
He gives viewers that same love, innocence (while still making the adults laugh), and joy.
What are your favorite Olaf quotes and lines?
Use the comment section below to let us know!