Explore the dark side of the crime drama with these Ozark quotes.
Ozark is a dark crime drama television series on Netflix. It began airing in 2017 and is currently working on the 4th and final season.
Stars of the series include Jason Bateman, Laura Linney, and Sofia Hublitz.
The storyline features a financial advisor that gets involved in money laundering with the Mexican cartel.
He has to move his family to the Ozarks and is tasked with laundering $500 million for a drug boss over a five-year period.
In the process, they’re faced with interacting with local crime bosses as well.
The following Ozark quotes will give you a taste of what you can expect from the show if you’ve never watched it before.
Don’t forget to also check out these Narcos quotes about the drug-kingpin himself.
Ozark quotes by Marty Byrde
1. “People deserve a second chance, just like businesses.” ― Marty Byrde
2. “The satisfying sound of your lover smacking the pavement is the only thing that gets me to sleep.” ― Marty Byrde
3. “Okay. Money Laundering 101.” ― Marty Byrde
4. “Hypothetically, scale of one to ten, how difficult would it be for someone to disappear?” ― Marty Byrde
5. “Money is not peace of mind. Money is not happiness. Money is, at its essence, that measure of a man’s choice.” ― Marty Byrde
6. “Most people just have a fundamentally flawed view of money.” ― Marty Byrde
7. “If I want to put all $7,945,400 into a hot tub, get buck naked and play Scrooge McDuck, that is 100% my business.” ― Marty Byrde
8. “I bought a strip club.” ― Marty Byrde
9. “We are not husband and wife anymore. We’re just business partners, and our job is to raise those kids.” ― Marty Byrde
10. “Sometimes people make decisions, shit happens, and we gotta act accordingly.” ― Marty Byrde
11. “You sentimentalize property, you can kiss profits goodbye.” – Marty Byrde
12. “This is our life now. I can stay here. I can talk about our feelings. Or I can go take care of stuff and make sure that we don’t die, okay?” – Marty Byrde
13. “The dirty money is too clean.” – Marty Byrde
14. “You see, the hard reality is how much money we accumulate in life is not a function of who’s president or the economy or bubbles bursting or bad breaks or bosses.” – Marty Byrde
15. “I’m not paying you to find me more problems. I’m paying you to solve them before I even know they exist.” – Marty Byrde
16. “You’re waiting for the world to change to fit your pristine belief system, and it’s just never gonna happen.” – Marty Byrde
Ozark quotes by Ruth Langmore
17. “Tell me, why do rich folks need so much money spent on them before they’ll even think about going in their own pocket?” – Ruth Langmore
18. “Quit parking in the cripple spot. What you got ain’t a disability, just poor judgement.” ― Ruth Langmore
19. “If I was kidding I would’ve said you’re witty and handsome.” ― Ruth Langmore
20. “Look, I know I kissed you last night, but it’s cause I thought I was gonna die.” ― Ruth Langmore
21. “How’s about instead of shittin’ on me, you get your own house in order?” ― Ruth Langmore
22. “I’ve got a pretty strong fucking stomach… pardon my French.” ― Ruth Langmore
23. “If you’re a killer, then I’m Snow White. And I don’t see any dwarves around.” ― Ruth Langmore
24. “How about I pop those tits and squeeze out the silicon?” ― Ruth Langmore
25. “You know, Wyatt, in our world, it’s good to be one of the smart ones. Remember that, okay?” ― Ruth Langmore
26. “Everything he touches turns to dogshit. I’m starting to think we might be related.” ― Ruth Langmore
27. “I don’t know shit about fuck.” ― Ruth Langmore
28. “Let me say this as respectfully as I possibly can. Would you please kindly fuck yourself and leave me alone? Thank you.” – Ruth Langmore
Ozark quotes by Camino Del Rio
29. “A man who only talks business is a failure in all aspects of life.” – Camino Del Rio
30. “Integrity, my friend, is the shield to greed and vanity.” – Camino Del Rio
31. “Louis wasn’t gonna be hanging around much anyway, because he’s a cheat. He cheats on his wife and in business. He even cheats in golf. And cheaters eventually get caught.” – Camino Del Rio
32. “The best smack talk? No talk at all.” – Camino Del Rio
Ozark quotes by Jacob Snell
33. “Man cannot tame what God wishes to be wild.” – Jacob Snell
34. “Tricky thing, combining work and marriage, but a blessing when it works.” – Jacob Snell
35. “All of life is a simple business arrangement.” – Jacob Snell
36. “Life is simple, really. It’s all about hard work. Honesty. Family. Words have meaning and actions have consequences.” – Jacob Snell
37. “Some people only respond to a certain kind of pressure.” – Jacob Snell
38. “What do you do, Martin, when the bride who took your breath away, becomes the wife who makes you hold your breath in terror?” – Jacob Snell
39. “Ill humor in the morning brings about a darkened day.” – Jacob Snell
40. “Too much talk and words lose their meaning.” – Jacob Snell
Ozark quotes by Wendy Byrde
41. “ Evil comes when the righteous path is so hidden, it just looks like there’s only one way out.” – Wendy Byrde
42. “Always better to be the person holding the gun than the one running from the gunman.” – Wendy Byrde
43. “Sometimes, if you don’t move forward, you die.” – Wendy Byrde
44. “Anything can be an omen if you’re looking for it.” – Wendy Byrde
45. “We’re not looking to get into more crime, sweetheart. We’re trying to get out of it.” – Wendy Byrde
46. “If you know you have a future there’s no reason to blow up anything in the present.” – Wendy Byrde
47. “Fighting for your life makes every other thing you ever did before seem extremely dull.” – Wendy Byrde
48. “Evil comes when the righteous path is so hidden, it just looks like there’s only one way out.” – Wendy Byrde
Ozark quotes by Wyatt
49. “You know, they always leave, Charlotte. That’s the difference between us and them. And you guess you’re one of us now.” – Wyatt
50. “School’s a waste anyway. They read all the wrong sh*t.” – Wyatt
Ozark quotes by Buddy Dyker
51. “There’s a lot going on. And when that’s happening, and you don’t know what to do, you do what’s right in front of you.” – Buddy Dyker
52. “When you think you’re gonna die yesterday, today is sweet.” – Buddy Dyker
Ozark quotes by Darlene Snell
53. “There’s pain that uses you, and there’s pain that you use.” – Darlene Snell
54. “Broken promises got consequences.” – Darlene Snell
Ozark quotes by other characters
55. “ The bite of the apple was not the original sin. Lucifer’s fall was.” – Mason Young
56. “God wasn’t protecting you. The kid had shitty aim.” – Grace Young
57. “I have to pretend like the worst, scariest, most damaging thing in my life is actually f*cking awesome.” – Charlotte Byrde
58. “If you can’t get what you want with reason, then you’ll have to get it with force.” – Omar Navarro
59. “Financial adviser’s not my dream job, but I am taking a f*cking bite out of the apple.” – Bruce Liddell
60. “It’s the first law of power. Those who can, shit on others. Those who can’t, clean it up.” – Helen Pierce
Which of these Ozark quotes is your favorite?
The Ozark series took some time to gain popularity among viewers. The first two seasons didn’t receive the highest ratings.
It appears that viewers thought it had a ways to go in order to fully compete with other crime dramas out there. However, the third season is where it all seems to have come together.
The Ozark quotes above are from the first three seasons. And as the storyline has continued to build, so has excitement over the upcoming fourth and final season.
If you’ve never watched the series before, this is a great time to get caught up and ready for the new season to premiere.
If you’re a huge fan of the show, enjoy these Ozark quotes and sayings again and again as you wait to see how it all wraps up in the end.
September 15, 2021 7:00 AM EST