These arrogant quotes and sayings highlight the importance of being humble.
Is arrogance good or bad? People with arrogant attitudes may seem attractive due to their confidence, but they can also come across as abrasive or rude.
If you know an arrogant person, read them a smug quote from this collection. These quotes on arrogance and rudeness could be eye-opening for the pompous people in your life.
Egoism, ignorance, and pride are widely regarded as negative traits. It’s vital to control your arrogance and practice humility if you want to be successful in life.
These arrogant quotes highlight the importance of being humble in every situation. There is a difference between confidence and having a cocky attitude.
Share these words of wisdom with your friends and family to remind them to be proud of themselves but not to be arrogant or vain.
Don’t forget to also check out these pride quotes to inspire confidence in yourself.
Arrogant quotes for a pompous attitude
1. “There are two circumstances that lead to arrogance: one is when you’re wrong and you can’t face it; the other is when you’re right and nobody else can face it.” – Criss Jami
2. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
3. “Be careful not to mistake insecurity and inadequacy for humility! Humility has nothing to do with the insecure and inadequate! Just like arrogance has nothing to do with greatness!” – C. JoyBell C.
4. “Do not let arrogance go to your head and despair to your heart; do not let compliments go to your head and criticisms to your heart; do not let success go to your head and failure to your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
5. “You can have a certain arrogance, and I think that’s fine, but what you should never lose is the respect for the others.” – Steffi Graf
6. “There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. ‘Good pride’ represents our dignity and self-respect. ‘Bad pride’ is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.” – John C. Maxwell
7. “Arrogance is in everything I do. It is in my gestures, the harshness of my voice, in the glow of my gaze, in my sinewy, tormented face.” – Coco Chanel
8. “Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit: for merit itself is offensive.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
9. “Modesty is only arrogance by stealth.” – Terry Pratchett
10. “He who seeks truth shall find beauty. He who seeks beauty shall find vanity. He who seeks order shall find gratification. He who seeks gratification shall be disappointed. He who considers himself the servant of his fellow beings shall find the joy of self-expression. He who seeks self-expression shall fall into the pit of arrogance.” – Moshe Safdie
Arrogant quotes that will remind you to check your attitude
11. “Arrogance, ignorance, and incompetence. Not a pretty cocktail of personality traits in the best of situations. No sirree. Not a pretty cocktail in an office-mate and not a pretty cocktail in a head of state. In fact, in a leader, it’s a lethal cocktail.” – Graydon Carter
12. “Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
13. “There is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance.” – Adam Peaty
14. “If you aren’t humble, whatever empathy you claim is false and probably results from some arrogance or the desire to control. But true empathy is rooted in humility and the understanding that there are many people with as much to contribute in life as you.” – Anand Mahindra
15. “Arrogance – I have very little tolerance for that.” – Rita Moreno
16. “That arrogance of youth and that kind of ignorant confidence can get you through a whole lot of things, and then life does its stuff, and you get smashed around and beaten up. You get full of doubts, and you end up making a person out of those bits and pieces.” – Robyn Davidson
17. “False modesty can be worse than arrogance.” – David Mitchell
18. “Sometimes it’s difficult to accept, to recognize one’s own mistakes, but one must do it. I was guilty of overconfidence and arrogance, and I was punished for that.” – Mikhail Gorbachev
19. “My success isn’t a result of arrogance – it’s a result of belief.” – Conor McGregor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Conor McGregor quotes from the iconic fighter.
20. “Success can breed all kinds of other behavior and cause companies to behave a certain way that isn’t necessarily the ingredients for achieving more success. For instance, with success comes arrogance, and that’s typically the death of success.” – Bob Iger
Arrogant quotes to inspire positive change
21. “Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.” – Sun Tzu
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Sun Tzu quotes from the iconic warrior and philospher.
22. “Without the compassionate understanding of the fear and trepidation that lie behind courageous speech, we are bound only to our arrogance.” – David Whyte
23. “I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity, impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities that make me the lovable chap I am.” – Richard Hammond
24. “In hindsight, I slid into arrogance based upon past success.” – Reed Hastings
25. “The biggest turn-off for me is people who think the world of themselves. Arrogance is not a sexy quality, and it really gets on my nerves.” – Pixie Lott
26. “I’ve turned arrogance into an art form, where it’s so absurd that it becomes comedy. But I’ve never done anything to hurt anybody or steal from anyone.” – John Lydon
27. “I see myself capable of arrogance and brutality… That’s a fierce thing, to discover within yourself that which you despise the most in others.” – George Stevens
28. “It is not a sign of arrogance for the king to rule. That is what he is there for.” – William F. Buckley, Jr.
29. “Arrogance is a creature. It does not have senses. It has only a sharp tongue and the pointing finger.” – Toba Beta
30. “Kindness is strength. Good-nature is often mistaken for virtue, and good health sometimes passes for genius. Anger blows out the lamp of the mind. In the examination of a great and important question, everyone should be serene, slow-pulsed, and calm. Intelligence is not the foundation of arrogance. Insolence is not logic. Epithets are the arguments of malice.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
Eye-opening arrogant quotes for the pompous people in your life
31. “Without humor, we’d all be what we’re laughing at. Without arrogance, we’d be humiliated to admit we already are.” – Bauvard
32. “Confidence in a bloke would be arrogance in a woman. For years, I didn’t give interviews because I was scared of people judging me or thinking I was arrogant.” – Alice Lowe
33. “As an artist you have to have a certain amount of arrogance.” – Kim Weston
34. “You must not forget that you have been given worldly means to use and employ against human arrogance and wrong.” – Knute Nelson
35. “I have been called arrogant myself in my time, and hope to earn the title again, but to claim that I am privy to the secrets of the universe and its creator – that’s beyond my conceit.” – Christopher Hitchens
36. “You have to be confident when you’ve got someone in front of you who wants to beat you and take the title from you. But I think people mistake my confidence for arrogance or cockiness.” – Amir Khan
37. “People can overlook any shortcoming, but they will not tolerate arrogance.” – Sushma Swaraj
38. “By my count, more business leaders have failed and derailed because of arrogance than any other character flaw.” – Harvey Mackay
39. “Humility is a virtue of the heavenly, not arrogance. Are we the most superior beast on earth? No, not in strength and not in intelligence. It is very arrogant to assume that we are the most intelligent species when we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Both rats and monkeys have been shown to learn from error, yet we have not. More people have died in the name of religion than any other cause on earth. Is massacring God’s creations really serving God – or the devil? And what father would want to see his children constantly divided and fighting? What God would allow a single human life to be sacrificed for monetary gain? Again, the Creator or the devil?” – Suzy Kassem
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
40. “This searching and doubting and vacillating where nothing is clear but the arrogance of quest. I, too, had such noble ideas when I was still a boy.” – Franz Grillparzer
Other arrogant quotes and sayings
41. “I would just say that nobody could do what I do unless you had a big ego. It’s the only way you can really put it. You have to be arrogant enough to challenge the arrogance of the human race.” – Paul Watson
42. “An extraordinary amount of arrogance is present in any claim of having been the first in inventing something.” – Benoit Mandelbrot
43. “Ambition is disfigured into arrogance when it becomes unmoored from self-awareness, from a realistic assessment of one’s competences.” – Maria Popova
44. “When someone has that combination of arrogance and ignorance – that drives me crazy.” – Susan Lucci
45. “Some people confuse confidence with arrogance. There’s no doubt in the business world there are a few big egos and I think arrogance can get in the way. But if you have the confidence to go to your higher superior and say this is wrong, it can make a difference.” – Ben Fogle
46. “I never thought that I couldn’t do what I set out to do. It wasn’t from arrogance; it was from ignorance.” – Orson Bean
47. “A little arrogance (or even a lot) isn’t such a bad thing, although your mother undoubtedly told you differently. Mine did. “Pride goeth before a fall, Stephen”, she said… and then I found out – right around the age that is 19 x 2 – that eventually you fall down, anyway.” – Stephen King
48. “It is a form of arrogance to assume that other people are even thinking about you.” – Mary Gauthier
49. “Walking in the mountains helps me unwind, but it also reminds me in a painful way that the real beauty in life is nature and animals, and that the human race, in all its arrogance, is intent on destroying it.” – Sylvie Guillem
50. “Timing and arrogance are decisive factors in the successful use of talent.” – Marya Mannes
What are your favorite arrogant quotes that remind you to control your ego?
It’s a great feeling to achieve success and reach your goals, but it’s important not to let arrogance get to your head. Practice humility and learn to balance your ego before you become too pompous.
This list of arrogant quotes serves as a great reminder to check your attitude. Share these sayings and quotes with your loved ones to inspire positive change in their life.
When is the last time you truly reflected on the state of your ego? It’s important to consciously evaluate your inner self and find the right balance between confidence and arrogance.
Confidence is the key to success, but too much confidence will turn you into a pompous person. Read this collection of arrogant quotes and use it as a guide for adjusting your attitude.
What are your favorite arrogant quotes and sayings that highlight the importance of being humble? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 26, 2020 7:00 AM EST