Skeleton quotes might appear off-topic, but they are more popular than you might have thought.
If you don’t trust us, below are the best quotes about skeletons for you to read and see for yourself.
These interesting and engaging quotes make them the right choice for sharing via social media platforms.
For your convenience, we have divided our quotes collection into different sections.
However, before going to the quotes sections, let’s share some interesting information about the human skeleton.
Things you should know about your skeleton
Below are a few amazing facts about the human skeleton.
- There are 206 bones in an adult, and a good number of these bones are located in our hands and feet.
- The femur is the longest of all bones found in our skeleton.
- The smallest bones are known as stapes, located in our inner ear.
- Bone marrow is found in huge bones like the pelvis, femur, and hips, a spongy substance hosting stem cells.
- The hyoid bone is the only bone that isn’t connected to any other bone, as it suspends below the tongue with the help of ligaments and muscles.
- Babies have nearly 100 more bones than adults; most of these bones fuse together as the baby grows older, and the number of bones drops to 206.
- In normal conditions, a human skeleton contains 12 ribs, but there are extremely rare cases where people are born with a 13th rib.
- The knee joint is the largest of all joints in a human skeleton.
Now we have got enough about Skeleton. Let’s come to our main section related to skeleton quotes.
And hopefully, you will enjoy reading and sharing these informational and interesting quotes.
Top 10 skeleton quotes
Prepare yourself for the finest assemblage of skeleton quotes in this section.
1. “If you look at the skeleton, the start is very important.” — Greg Rutherford
2. “One thing you’ll say for skeletons, they’ll always give you a smile.” — Steve Aylett
3. “I’ve always found the script to be more of a skeleton, the template.” — Taika Waititi
4. “Stand-up is very broad strokes, kind of a skeleton of a story or something.” — Tig Notaro
5. “The world dies over and over again, but the skeleton always gets up and walks.” — Henry Miller
6. “America forms the longest and straightest bone in the earth’s skeleton.” — Ellsworth Huntington
7. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” — George Bernard Shaw
8. “My movies are usually about stripping off the makeup, getting down to the skeleton.” — Michael Douglas
9. “My act is sort of improvisational. I have a skeleton in my head, but no fat or skin on it.” — Paula Poundstone
10. “I began thinking about my skeleton, this solid, beautiful thing inside me that I would never see.” — Mary Roach
Skeleton quotes by writers and authors
Literature isn’t void of skeletal references. The quotable skeleton quotes of popular writers and authors are presented here.
11. “Rigid, the skeleton of habit alone upholds the human frame.” — Virginia Woolf
12. “Skeleton Creek’ is like nothing you’ve ever read before because it’s a book and a movie at the same time.” — Patrick Carman
13. “The progress of science is strewn, like an ancient desert trail, with the bleached skeleton of discarded theories which once seemed to possess eternal life.” — Arthur Koestler
14. “Plot is what happens in your story. Every story needs structure, just as everybody needs a skeleton. It is how you ‘flesh out and clothe’ your structure that makes each story unique.” — Caroline Lawrence
15. “I love rewriting because that is where and how you discover the story. It’s like you have this skeleton, and you get to put flesh on it and hair and clothes and really wonderful jewelry.” — Caroline Leavitt
16. “With TV, your first draft just doesn’t matter. It’s a skeleton, and then there’s draft after draft after draft, and so many other factors influence it. It’s just a whole different kind of storytelling.” — Sarah Pinborough
17. “Wonder blasts the soul – that is, the spiritual – and the skeleton, the body – the material. Wonder interprets life through the eyes of eternity while enjoying the moment, but never lets the moment’s revision exhaust the eternal.” — Ravi Zacharias
18. “A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor.” — Aldous Huxley
19. “After preliminary research, I zero in on an idea, and then I spend at least four months exploring the topic and in plot-building. I jot down every single detail of the plot as bullet points per chapter, and only when the skeleton is complete do I start writing.” — Ashwin Sanghi
20. “I myself identify as a recovering Blockhead. You’d be surprised how many twenty- and thirty-something hipster chicks have the NKOTB skeleton in their closet, albeit artfully concealed by stacks of Ksubi skinny jeans and ironic Judas Priest T-shirts.” — Diablo Cody
Skeleton quotes by social media influencers
This section deals with the quotes uttered by social media influencers, whether they refer to an actual skeleton, a skeleton in a closet, or a skeleton of a character.
21. “I am literally just a human. I have the same brain as you; there’s a skeleton under my skin just like yours.” — Winnie Harlow
22. “The more work you put in on your outline and getting the skeleton of your story right, the easier the process is later.” — Drew Goddard
23. “It’s not good for you to be barred from traveling to certain places in your head because some skeleton is in the closet.” — Roland Orzabal
24. “I was fascinated by puppets as a kid and one I had when I was eight or nine, a skeleton, is now hanging in my office.” — Christopher Timothy
25. “I’ve made a bit of a career taking daunting projects out of Lego. I’ve done things like a dinosaur skeleton and stuff like that.” — Nathan Sawaya
26. “I believe that as a writer and a director, you’re only providing the skeleton of a character, and you’re hiring actors to fill it out.” — Christopher McQuarrie
27. “If you look at my body of work, there’s always a dark side to my characters. They’ve always got a skeleton in the closet; they’ve always got a subtext.” — Tony Scott
28. “You can’t improve off of bad writing. Then you have to actually create your objective, which is really hard to do in an element without the skeleton to go off of.” — Eliza Coupe
29. “I’m in Stockholm in my office. I just got here after seeing my eighth child on an ultrasound, so I’m in a good mood. It’s beautiful: an energetic little skeleton.” — Stellan Skarsgard
30. “I’m not a trained actor. I have neither read acting books nor gone to acting school. But I have certain fundamentals on how I approach a character; the basic skeleton of my preparation is based on observations from real life.” — Vikrant Massey
Skeleton quotes by scholars
Skeletal anatomy is frequently discussed by scholars. Here we give the bare bones of skeleton quotes from scientists, historians, and philosophers.
31. “I dreamed of becoming a scientist, in general, and a paleontologist, in particular, ever since the Tyrannosaurus skeleton awed and scared me.” — Stephen Jay Gould
32. “I know a bit about vertebrate anatomy and I’d like to think that I’d spot if a skeleton was entirely fabricated or cobbled together from existing bits and pieces.” — Alice Roberts
33. “Lucy brought with her an image of our human ancestors that you don’t get when you find a jaw or an arm bone or a leg bone. Here was 40 percent of a single skeleton.” — Donald Johanson
34. “Selam is our most complete skeleton of a three-year-old girl who lived and died 3.3 million years ago. She belongs to the species known as Australopithecus afarensis.” — Zeresenay Alemseged
35. “The general framework of the body is built up mainly of a series of bones, supplemented, however, in certain regions by pieces of cartilage; the bony part of the framework constitutes the skeleton.” — Henry Gray
36. “In a way, the whole tangible universe itself is a vast residue, a skeleton of countless lives that have germinated in it and have left it, leaving behind them only a trifling, infinitesimal part of their riches.” — Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
37. “I read round the subject, I make a skeleton outline, and then I start work in the relevant archives. During the marshaling of the material, I copy the material from each archive file across to the relevant chapter in the skeleton outline.” — Antony Beevor
38. “After the acquisition of id by Zenimax, we had sort of taken the mobile platform team down to a skeleton crew. We were left with about two people who were finishing up the previous obligations on that. The rest had just been dispersed and absorbed by the other teams in the company.” — John Carmack
39. “Certainly the first true humans were unique by virtue of their large brains. It was because the human brain is so large when compared with that of a chimpanzee that paleontologists for years hunted for a half-ape, half-human skeleton that would provide a fossil link between the human and the ape.” — Jane Goodall
40. “An ancient Scythian nomad skeleton buried with an eagle was reportedly excavated near Aktobe Gorge, Kazakhstan. Ancient petroglyphs in the Altai region depict eagle hunters, and inscribed Chinese stone reliefs show eagles perched on the arms of hunters in tunics, trousers, and boots, identified as northern nomads (1st to 2nd century A.D.).” — Adrienne Mayor
Some more skeleton quotes
You might find these skeleton quotes interesting to read and share.
41. “There is something about a closet that makes a skeleton terribly restless.” — Wilson Mizner
42. “You don’t know that you’ll ever have to talk about the skeleton in your closet.” — Mark McGwire
43. “Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before.” — Audre Lorde
44. “Johnny Depp is like a brother to me. We have matching tattoos on our backs – Charles Baudelaire, the flowers of evil, this giant skeleton thing. It’s kind of a secret. People say to us, ‘Why did you get that?’ And we say, ‘No reason.’” — Marilyn Manson
45. “Funnily enough, the most difficult style to do is the plain pump because it needs to look good on a variety of feet. I compare it to having a good bone structure. Make-up will make you look good, but it helps if you have a good skeleton, to begin with.” — Christian Louboutin
46. “Word books traditionally focus on unusual and quirky items. They tend to ignore the words that provide the skeleton of the language, without which it would fall apart, such as ‘and’ and ‘what,’ or words that provide structure to our conversation, such as ‘hello.’” — David Crystal
47. “When I first saw ‘House on Haunted Hill’ as a kid in Baltimore, and the skeleton went out on the wire, and a thousand kids in the audience went crazy… My whole life, I’ve tried to at least equal that cinema anarchy. I came close with the end of ‘Pink Flamingos,’ but I didn’t tie with it.” — John Waters
48. “I’ve got a nice collection of paintings – a Basquiat, a black-and-white Warhol that’s like a Rorschach test, and I commissioned Takashi Murakami to do a ten-foot joint for me. It’s almost like the explosion in Hiroshima with his famous skeleton head. There’s a wall above my fireplace reserved for it.” — Jay-Z
49. “When we were kids, we would just go walking: just walk in a direction and hope that you were gonna find a crashed alien spaceship or buried pirate’s treasure or something like that. You never did. You’d find, like, a coyote skeleton, something like that. That was the most exciting thing you’d ever find.” — Jon Watts
50. “When I first began to have the initial idea for ‘Heartsease,’ I just wrote a skeleton story; that is, I started her off as this young, bright 16-year-old and then added the events that occurred and where she and others characters fitted in, even writing 3 different endings, as I was not sure where Mary’s story would lead to.” — Ann Turner
Which of these skeleton quotes is your favorite?
You don’t have to get weird or scary feelings when reading skeleton quotes.
The human skeleton is closely associated with horror movies; we start shaking when even thinking of encountering a skeleton.
However, you don’t have to worry about it, as reading our compilation of quotes is a solid way to have fun.
You can get others involved by sharing these cool skeleton quotes and sayings with them.
If you have found the best quote, share it with us by commenting in the section below.