Inner Beauty Quotes On Life, Love and Success
February 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These inner beauty quotes will make you feel more beautiful about yourself inside and out.
What makes a person beautiful?
That’s a subjective question and the answers vary greatly.
Movie stars, philosophers, authors, and just about everyone else has weighed in on the subject of what it means to be beautiful.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by Harris Interactive, 70% of respondents believed that inner beauty is more important than physical beauty in determining overall attractiveness.
This emphasizes the significance of inner beauty in making a positive impact on people’s lives, both personally and professionally.
Why does inner beauty matter?
Beauty is more than how we present ourselves on the outside.
Inner beauty is what makes us different from one another, that sparkle or glow that is our own unique essence.
It can’t be bottled and sold to the masses, though the 20 billion dollar cosmetics industry keeps trying!
I hope these quotes about inner beauty help you find your own and leave you with a sense of appreciation for being who you are!
Today you are you, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive that is youer than you (Dr. Suess)! And that is a beautiful thing.
Also read these popular Girl Wash Your Face quotes to boost your self-confidence and self-esteem.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Inner beauty quotes on where beauty can be found
A study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that people with higher levels of inner beauty traits, such as honesty and kindness, were perceived as more likable and trustworthy.
This highlights the importance of inner beauty in building strong relationships and achieving success.
1. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” – Kahlil Gibran
2. “At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that.” – Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
3. “It’s that heart of gold and stardust shine that makes you beautiful.” – R.M. Broderick
You will also enjoy our article on inner strength quotes.
4. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
You will also enjoy our article on baddie quotes.
5. “When beauty lives in the heart, it doesn’t need to show up anywhere else.” – Steve Goodier, Joy Along the Way: Sixty-Second Readings That Make the Trip Worthwhile
You will also enjoy our article on coco chanel quotes.
6. “Beauty is in the heart of the beholder.” – H. G. Wells
You will also enjoy our article on black women quotes.
7. “Whole life is a search for beauty. But, when the beauty is found inside, the search ends and a beautiful journey begins.” – Harshit Walia
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
8. “A pure heart is superlatively rare and even more attractive.” – J.S.B. Morse, Now and at the Hour of Our Death
You will also enjoy our article on savage quotes.
9. “True beauty could be discovered only by one who mentally complete the incomplete.” – Kakuzō Okakura, The Book of Tea
Inner beauty quotes about confidence and happiness
A survey by the American Psychological Association found that 81% of people believe that kindness is essential for a successful relationship.
This indicates that inner beauty traits like kindness are essential for building successful relationships in both personal and professional settings.
10. “When I was your age…I wish I’d known that I already had everything I needed within myself to be happy, instead of looking for happiness at beauty counters.” – Ilene Beckerman
You will also enjoy our article on inner peace quotes.
11. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear.” – Taylor Swift
12. “A great figure or physique is nice, but it’s self-confidence that makes someone really sexy.” – Vivica Fox
You will also enjoy our article on Makeup quotes.
13. “Groom yourself with a comb of confidence and inner beauty.” – Suyasha Subedi
You will also enjoy our article on rose quotes.
14. “I know my best angles.” – Scarlet Johannson
15. “Maybe it’s NOT Maybelline. Maybe you were just born with it.” – Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
16. “How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin – that’s what really makes you beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
You might also like these eye-opening insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful smile quotes.
Inner beauty quotes about kindness and the world
17. “Outer beauty is transient, but the inner beauty of a kind heart gets brighter with time. Be kind and get prettier forever.” – Debasish Mridha
18. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” – Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
19. “Beauty is not who you are on the outside, it is the wisdom and time you gave away to save another struggling soul like you.” – Shannon L. Alder
20. “Beauty is an expression of the inner and outer simplicity, kindness, and uniqueness of a person.” – Debasish Mridha
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of simplicity quotes to encourage a positive mindset.
21. “Kindness and awareness work together. Through awareness, we understand the underlying beauty of everything and every being.” – Amit Ray, Nonviolence: The Transforming Power
22. “If people were more concerned with how they looked on the inside, then on the outside, the world would be a nicer place to exist.” – David Walsh
23. “Be kind. It will reveal your true inner beauty.” – Debasish Mridha
24. “When you’re a beautiful person on the inside, nothing in the world can change that about you. Jealousy is the result of one’s lack of self-confidence, self-worth, and self-acceptance. The Lesson: If you can’t accept yourself, then certainly no one else will.” – Sasha Azevedo
25. “The fountain of beauty is the heart and every generous thought illustrates the walls of your chamber.” – Francis Quarles
26. “Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” – Markus Zusak
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful quotes for her.
Inner beauty and the light and glow within
27. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
28. “It’s [beauty] a kind of radiance. People who possess a true inner beauty, their eyes are a little brighter, their skin a little more dewy. They vibrate at a different frequency.” – Cameron Diaz
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of eyes quotes about the power of sight.
29. “Don’t let anyone take away your inner glow.” – Jyoti Patel
30. “In the end, you will not see the physical beauty in others that caught your eye, but the fire that burned within them. This kind of beauty is the bonfire you had to attend.” – Shannon L. Alder
31. “There’s more to a person than flesh. Judge others by the sum of their soul and you’ll see that beauty is a force of light that radiates from the inside out.” – Aaron Lauritsen
32. “There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone’s spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that’s beautiful to me.” – Liv Tyler
Also, read these simple quotes that will inspire you to live a simply beautiful life.
Inner beauty quotes on what it means to be beautiful
33. “The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.” – P.C. Cast, Betrayed
34. “Beauty is defined not by our physical appearance but who we choose to be.” – Andrew Davenport
35. “True beauty is not related to what color your hair is or what color your eyes are. True beauty is about who you are as a human being, your principles, your moral compass.” – Ellen DeGeneres
36. “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly lies to the bone. Beauty dies and fades away, but ugly holds its own! Create and cultivate Inner Beauty that never fades away but grows and matures with Time!” – Deodatta V. Shenai-Khatkhate
37. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
38. “Beauty is the illumination of your soul.” – John O’Donohue
39. “Pretty is something you’re born with. But beautiful, that’s an equal opportunity adjective.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these amazing Angel quotes to bring out the good in you.
Inner beauty quotes that will make your day
40. “Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.” – Kate Angell, Squeeze Play
41. “Outer beauty pleases the EYE. Inner beauty captivates the HEART.” – Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
42. “Not much to look at, but as with all true beauty, it is what’s inside that counts.” – Matt Sewell, Our Garden Birds
43. “When the inner beauty exceeds the outward beauty–it creates a magical dance in the heart.” – Angie Karan
44. “We see the beauty within and cannot say no.” – Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
45. “Meditation is realizing and expanding your inner beauty in every direction.” – Amit Ray
46. “Because true beauty comes from within, from the person you are.” – Sara Ella, Unraveling
47. “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.” – Priscilla Presley
48. “Focus on your inner beauty. Outer beauty will draw people to you, inner beauty will keep them in your presence.” – Robert Overstreet
49. “I believe inner beauty is beauty in its truest form. When we nurture ourselves, it brings an inevitable, positive transformation.” – Paula Abdul
50. “Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” – Naya Rivera
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these beauty quotes about the amazing life that is all around us.
Outer beauty and inner beauty quotes
51. “As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” – Pablo Neruda
52. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
53. “Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn’t catch their eye they won’t bother to read what’s inside.” – Marilyn Monroe
54. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.” – Audrey Hepburn
55. “What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?” – Jess C. Scott
56. “If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it.” – Criss Jami
57. “Hide yourself in God, so when a man wants to find you he will have to go there first.” – Shannon L. Alder
58. “There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the Sun will rise again tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
59. “Some of the most beautiful things worth having in your life come wrapped in a crown of thorns.” – Shannon L. Alder
60. “You have to rely on whatever sparks you have inside.” – Lisa Kleypas
Insightful inner beauty quotes to ponder on
61. “The beauty that we find in the world is a reflection of the beauty inside of us.” ― Abhijit Naskar
62. “No one cares for the exterior.” ― Anne Brontë
63. “If inner beauty really mattered, gyms wouldn’t have been so crowded & libraries so empty…” ― Nitya Prakash
64. “Your inner light is what makes you beautiful.” ― Mary Davis
65. “Let your inner beauty be your main force.” ― Anoir Ou-Chad
66. “Create a beautiful inside and you will look more beautiful on the outside.” ― Charles F Glassman
67. “The so called ‘inner beauty’ is simply character. It’s your behaviour or attitude towards the world and people around you. Meaning, it can be beautiful and ugly too!” ― Mwanandeke Kindembo
68. “Love beyond physical appearance is divine in nature.” ― Arshia Mittal
69. “A smart woman doesn’t have to think if she is beautiful. A beautiful woman doesn’t have to think if she is smart.” ― Ljupka Cvetanova
70. “Her INNER BEAUTY is what makes her outer beauty exquisitely beautiful.” ― Stephanie Lahart
Inner Beauty Quotes To Feel Good About Yourself
71. “I really do believe that inner beauty is so much more than any kind of outer beauty.” — Rachele Brooke Smith
72. “When a photographer or a person sees your beauty, your inner beauty, it makes you feel special like, “Wow, someone saw that within me.” — Jamel Shabazz
73. “Our dreams are expressions of our inner beauty. I’ve learned that it’s completely okay to want whatever you want.” — Sheri Fink
74. “I say that inner beauty doesn’t exist. That’s something that unpretty women invented to justify themselves.” — Osmel Sousa
75. “Art is a divine thing. It can only be rightly expressed if opposed, to bring out its inner beauty that lies behind.” — Meher Baba
76. “A compassionate soul is inner beauty.” — Keiko Fukuda
77. “Serenity and inner beauty come when we wait upon God. “Waiting” like that is not merely wasting time.” — Eva Burrows
78. “Inner beauty radiates from within, and there’s nothing more beautiful than when a woman feels beautiful on the inside.” — Erin Heatherton
79. “I often tease young people about their concern for how they look; more important is inner beauty – compassion, affection and respect.” — Dalai Lama
80. “Having inner beauty is something you develop on your own, and I like to think I have that.” — Cindy Margolis
Inner Beauty Quotes To Give You Confidence
81. “Inner beauty, too, needs occasionally to be told it is beautiful.” ― Robert Breault
82. “My everyday job is about superficial beauty, but when I’m not working I prefer to work on my inner beauty – I read a lot, I try to learn.” ― Bar Refaeli
83. “There is no actual law that says that a person of inner beauty cannot also maintain an appearance.” ― Robert Breault
84. “What matters is not your outward appearance. . . but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle gracious kind that God delights in.” ― Saint Peter
85. “Outer beauty is inner beauty made visible.” ― Paulo Coelho
86. “Raw and honest is what I go for [in my style of shooting]. I am looking for your inner beauty. The outside tells a story… But together is raw honesty.” ― Nikki Sixx
87. “My mom has always told me that beauty fades but inner beauty is forever. There’s nothing more beautiful than a woman [who] takes care of [herself].” ― Beyonce Knowles
88. “If eyes were made for seeing, then beauty is its own excuse for being.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. “It’s all about embracing your inner beauty and just living for yourself.” ― Melanie Brown
90. “I think everybody should focus on inner beauty.” ― Paloma Faith
Inner Beauty Quotes to Embrace your True Self
91. “Our inner beauty is that Kingdom of Heaven that lies within. It is a fragrance and the signature of our soul.” ― Angie karan
92. “Who cares for your beauty if your heart and mind is ugly” ― Alex Haditaghi
93. “The spiritual process does not look outward to find beauty, but it is a process of looking inwards to see the inner beauty.” ― Debasish Mridha
94. “Beauty is not out there; it is the reflection of your inner beauty. You carry it with you always.” ― Debasish Mridha
95. “Humanity reveals her inner beauty through the interplay of gratitude, love, and kindness.” ― Debasish Mridha
96. “Once you enhance your inner vision with deep meditation, you may be able to see your inner beauty and inner universe.” ― Debasish Mridha
97. “The best way to love someone is to let them reveal their inner beauty that will enlighten your soul and the heart of the universe.” ― Debasish Mridha
98. “True beauty can only be beheld by those who have an immense heart, not sharp eyes.” ― Raven Huffman
99. “Never forget to appreciate yourself and to reveal your own inner beauty.” ― Debasish Mridha
100. “Nobody can steal my inner beauty, tranquility, and peace without my consent.” ― Debasish Mridha
What makes you beautiful?
That’s a subjective question, and I would bet the answers vary greatly, depending on who you ask.
Regardless of what any public figure has to say about the subject, there is someone in your life who has an opinion about your beauty.
The most beautiful thing we can do as human beings is to represent ourselves in such a way that the outside world can not help but see our glow!
There were so many quotes to pick from on this subject because inner beauty matters.
How we treat people matters.
Who you are matters.
And I think you are beautiful.
Which of these lovely inner beauty quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.