300+ Quotes by Famous People About Life, Love and Success
March 25, 2023 5:00 AM EST
If you need some inspiration to help you shoot for the stars, this terrific collection of quotes by famous people is exactly what you need to read right now.
We promise we don’t do celebrity gossip over here.
We prefer to focus on the positive, in all things, always!
But do love to feature the nuggets of wisdom that some of our favorite celebs and public figures drop.
Tell us which famous person quote resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by the Harris Poll, 72% of people in the United States believe that inspirational quotes by famous people have the power to motivate and encourage them to achieve their goals.
If you need a daily dose of inspiration, reading quotes by successful people can be a great way to start your day positively.
What are the benefits of reading quotes by famous people?
After reading these quotes, it’ll reinvigorate your drive to pursue your passions and chase your dreams.
We all need a boost from time to time – even famous people!
Sometimes, we find it in the most unlikely places.
Are there famous people that you look up to?
They might be:
- Actors or actresses
- Business moguls
- Political icons
- Singers or songwriters
What are some qualities of famous people you respect?
What are some traits and mindsets you have incorporated into your own life from people you admire?
It helps to have the best quotes about life and success from famous figures to know that even the most successful names out there have had some rough days, too.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from famous people that have helped me stay on track through life’s adventures!
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Quotes by famous people that will inspire you
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that reading motivational quotes can activate the same parts of the brain that are involved in reward processing and decision-making.
Reading quotes by famous people can help you stay focused and motivated when pursuing your goals.
1. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on life advice.
2. “I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a one size fits all standard for happiness.” – Kanye West
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
3. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on choice quotes.
4. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on comeback quotes.
5. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
You will also enjoy our article on science quotes.
6. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
7. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
You will also enjoy our article on motivating famous quotes about success.
8. “You get what you settle for.” – Thelma and Louise
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
9. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about possibility.
10. “Only those who play to win. Only those who risk to win. History favors risk-takers. Forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary.” – Iveta Cherneva
Also, check out our list of short inspirational quotes to fuel your day.
Sayings and quotes by famous people on life and success
In a survey of 1,000 people conducted by Psychology Today, 87% of respondents reported that reading inspiring quotes by famous people positively impacted their mood and overall well-being.
If you’re feeling down or unmotivated, take some time to read quotes by successful people who have overcome similar challenges.
11. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this, and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
12. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
You will also enjoy our article on history quotes.
13. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on second chances quotes.
14. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
You will also enjoy our article on great quotes about life.
15. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.“ – Robert Louis Stevenson
You will also enjoy our article on karma quotes.
16. “Life is being on the wire, everything else is just waiting.” – Karl Wallenda
You will also enjoy our article on John Proctor quotes.
17. “Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it.” – Chinese proverb
You will also enjoy our article on star quotes.
18. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
You will also enjoy our article on movement quotes.
19. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on Anne with an “E” quotes.
20. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
You might also like these experience quotes for living a fulfilled life.
Quotes by famous people about life
A survey by the Pew Research Center found that 72% of adults in the United States read books, including collections of quotes by famous people.
This suggests that there is a large audience for this type of content.
21. “You can’t outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little side bets about the outcome of life. Either you wade in and risk everything you have to play the game or you don’t play at all. And if you don’t play you can’t win.” – Judith McNaught
You will also enjoy our article on Quotes About Taking Risks.
22. “Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.” – Deepak Chopra
You will also enjoy our article on cool-runnings-quotes.
23. “Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one’s ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.” – André Malraux
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by Mother Teresa.
24. “If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.” – Mario Andretti
You will also enjoy our article on criticism quotes.
25. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something; your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs (see more quotes by Steve Jobs)
You will also enjoy our article on albert einstein quotes.
26. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” – Denis Waitley
27. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Leap and the net will appear.” – Zen Proverb
29. “Saying it is impossible to live without failing at something is impossible. Unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J.K. Rowling
30. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Quotes from famous people on life and love
According to a study by the University of California, Riverside, exposure to inspirational quotes can increase perseverance and motivation, leading to better task performance.
This study supports the idea that reading quotes by famous people can help readers achieve their goals.
31. “I don’t think you’re human if you don’t get nervous.” – Sidney Crosby
32. “I walk slowly but never backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “Go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” – Jimmy Carter
34. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
35. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
36. “The universe has no restrictions. You place restrictions on the universe with your expectations.” – Deepak Chopra
37. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life is too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
38. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
39. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
Famous sayings and quotes by famous people
According to a survey by Goodreads quotes by famous people are one of the most popular types of content shared on social media.
This indicates that people find value in sharing and engaging with quotes from notable figures.
41. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
42. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.”― Rumi
43. “Your dreams are ballbusters; they’re not the yellow brick road.” – Kelly Cutrone
44. “Screw it, let’s do it!” – Richard Branson
45. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
46. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres
47. “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” – Marissa Mayer
48. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
49. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.”― John Lennon
50. “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”― Paulo Coelho
Thoughtful quotes by famous people
A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that reading quotes by famous people can improve one’s self-efficacy, motivation, and resilience.
This statistic highlights the positive impact that reading and sharing quotes can have on individuals, reinforcing the value of the article’s content.
51. “To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” —Dorothy West
52. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
53. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
54. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
55. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
56. “I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.” – Galileo Galilei
57. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
58. “Goal setting is the secret to a compelling future.” — Tony Robbins
59. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”― Dalai Lama
60. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Inspirational quotes by famous people
According to a survey by Pew Research Center, younger Americans are more likely to turn to online sources, such as social media, for inspiration and motivational quotes.
This statistic can help readers understand the importance of sharing and promoting quotes on social media platforms to reach younger audiences.
61. “The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.” – Elvis Presley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Elvis Presley quotes that illustrate the man behind the music we all know and love.
62. “The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.” – Beyonce
63. “You can put wings on a pig, but you don’t make it an eagle.” – William J. Clinton
64. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”― Walt Disney
65. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
67. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
68. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
69. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
70. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
71. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
72. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
73. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
Quotes by famous people to inspire you to live your best life
A study by the University of Arizona found that individuals with chronic pain who read inspirational quotes experienced a reduction in pain levels.
This statistic highlights the potential therapeutic benefits of quotes and can encourage readers to share quotes with those who may benefit from them.
74. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” – Kate Winslet
75. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
76. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
77. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
78. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
79. “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” – Mark Zuckerberg (see more Mark Zuckerberg quotes)
80. “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
81. “The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney
Quotes by famous people to help you find the answers you’re looking for
82. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
83. “Originality is nothing but judicious imitation.” – Voltaire
84. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K.Rowling
85. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
86. “It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
87. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
88. “Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called ‘Ego’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
89. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
90. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
91. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is youer than you!” –Dr. Seuss
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Cleo Wade quotes about love.
Quotes by famous people to inspire and teach
92. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou
93. “Don’t be so humble – you are not that great.” – Golda Meir
94. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
95. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
96. “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson
97. “You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
98. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
99. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden
100. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
More inspirational quotes by famous people
101. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
102. “Love is a serious mental disease.” – Plato
103. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
104. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
105. “The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” – Napoleon Hill
106. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
107. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” – Jason Mraz
108. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
109. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”
– Frank Sinatra
110. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
Quotes by famous people about success and greatness
111. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” —Wilma Rudolph
112. “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” —Francois de La Rochefoucauld
113. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” —Edmund Hillary
114. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
115. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” —Og Mandino
116. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan
117. “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” —William Faulkner
118. “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” —William Shakespeare
119. “Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary.” —Joseph B. Wirthlin
120. “Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.” —Theodore Roosevelt
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these good man quotes that will inspire you to do your best.
Quotes by famous people to inspire and encourage you
121. “You only have one life, and if it is not going in the direction you want it to, now is the time to make changes.” – Joyce Meyer
122. “Success isn’t easy, and that’s a good thing – at least in business. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it and your competition would be outrageous!” – David Fairweather
123. “Never let your past decisions determine your future outcome.” – Mark Dudley
124. “If you want something out of life you have to go out there and get it, because it is not just going to be given to you.” – Kelvin Waites
125. “No one can give you your goals. No one can dig for you. This is your journey.” – Warren Philip Gates
126. “Having a specific meaning and purpose in your life helps to encourage you towards living a fulfilling and inspired life.” – Vic Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
127. “Inspiration is a message from your unconscious wisdom telling you to go out there and be the fullest, most positive expression of you who you REALLY are.” – Paul Dalton
128. “Determine what motivates you and you can find your path to love, happiness and influence and that which you seek to make your life complete.” – Louis Howard
129. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” – Peter F Drucker
130. “Life without purpose is meaningless.” – Amy Torres
Famous quotes that are filled with life lessons
131. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.”― Joseph Campbell
132. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
133. “Short cuts make long delays.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
134. “No matter how hard you kick, no matter how high you get, you can’t go all the way around.”― John Green
135. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.”― Claire Cook
136. “The world is what YOU think of it, so think of it DIFFERENTLY and your life will change.”― Paul Arden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of life changing quotes about love, life and death.
137. “Never Say Never if you know you can do what you love don’t give up.”― Justin Bieber
138. “What gets measured gets improved.”― Robin S. Sharma
139. “But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can’t please everyone, so don’t try.”― Chris Colfer
140. “Where there is life, there is hope.”― Alyson Noel
Famous people quotes that will broaden your thoughts
141. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
142. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
143. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” – Buddha
144. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
145. “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
146. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
147. “The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
148. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
149. “A great man is always willing to be little.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
150. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
More inspirational famous people quotes
151. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
152. “But you have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.” – Arianna Huffington
153. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
154. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure… but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
155. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
156. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” – Katharine Hepburn
157. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
158. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
159. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
160. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
Quotes by famous people to elevate your perspective
161. “A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.” – Malcolm X
162. “If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others.” – Dalai Lama
163. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
164. “Friends should be like books, easy to find when you need them, but seldom used.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
165. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
166. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”– Theodore Roosevelt
167. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
168. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
169. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” – Ashton Kutcher
170. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
Quotes by famous people to inspire and motivate
171. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
172. “God put you on this earth because He loves you and He has a plan for you.” – Nick Vujicic
173. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
174. “We should love unquenchably, dream unfalteringly, and work unceasingly.” – Max Lucado
175. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
176. “Use what talent you possess – the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.” – Henry van Dyke
177. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
178. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
179. “We don’t want to tell our dreams. We want to show them.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
180. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Famous people quotes that will elevate your thoughts
181. “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” – Albert Einstein
182. “Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns
183. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” – Sir Winston Churchill
184. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
185. “Give me a museum and I’ll fill it.” – Pablo Picasso
186. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of attitude quotes that will set you up for success.
187. “Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterward to solve other problems.” – Rene Descartes
188. “You have as much laughter as you have faith.” – Martin Luther
189. “Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right.” – Henry Ford
190. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Quotes by famous people to enlighten you
191. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
192. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
193. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
194. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
195. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
196. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
197. “It’s not how much you have that makes people look up to you, it’s who you are.” – Elvis Presley
198. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
199. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
200. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Quotes by famous people that will make you think differently
201. “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.” – John Ruskin
202. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” ― Roy T. Bennett
203. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Heather Cortez
204. “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.” – Anne Frank
205. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin Roosevelt
206. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.” – Henry Ford
207. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” – Seneca
208. “Happiness doesn’t come from doing what we like to do but from liking what we have to do.” – Wilferd Peterson
209. “The heart is luminous, but it is obscured by veils that are not of its nature.” – Buddha
210. “The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn.” – Napoleon Hill
Quotes by famous people to expand your mind
211. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
212. “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.” – Denzel Washington
213. “Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult.” – Winston Churchill
214. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
215. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
216. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Bruce Lee
217. “When our memories outweigh our dreams, it is then that we become old.” – Bill Clinton
218. “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presley
219. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James
220. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Søren Kierkegaard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
Powerful quotes by famous people
221. “You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.” – Elvis Presley
222. “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
223. “I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter.” – Ellen DeGeneres
224. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”― Dr. Seuss
225. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
226. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”― Abraham Lincoln
227. “Ability is of little account without opportunity.” – Lucille Ball
228. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.”― Rick Riordan
229. “You put your intention and your attention on what it is that you want to shift and change.” – Wayne Dyer
230. “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” – Thomas Jefferson
Quotes by famous people to brighten your day
231. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
232. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”― Paulo Coelho
233. “Unless you’re continually improving your skills, you’re quickly becoming irrelevant.” –Stephen Covey
234. “Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.”― Gustave Flaubert
235. “What counts can’t always be counted; what can be counted doesn’t always count.” – Albert Einstein
236. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”― A.A. Milne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
237. “Now I look beyond what I can’t do and focus on what I CAN. “- Robert M. Hensel
238. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
239. “Your brain is the most important organ in your body, and what happens in it determines what you think and feel, say and do.” – Rick Hanson
240. “None but ourselves can free our minds.”― Bob Marley
Quotes by famous people that will change the way you think
241. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi
242. “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”― Mark Twain
243. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”― Oscar Wilde
244. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
245. “Always do what you are afraid to do.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
246. “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.”― C. JoyBell C.
247. “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”― John Milton
248. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
249. “War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”― George Orwell
250. “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.”― Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
More quotes by famous people
251. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”― Albert Einstein
252. “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”― Albert Schweitzer
253. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”― Thomas A. Edison
254. “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”― Max Lucado
255. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
256. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.”― St. Francis Of Assisi
257. “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.”― Paulo Coelho
258. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”― Zig Ziglar
259. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”― Roy T. Bennett
260. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”― Rumi
261. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else.” – Charles Dickens
262. “We tend to get what we expect.” – Norman Vincent Peale
263. “Experience has been a stern but excellent teacher.” – Og Mandino
264. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
265. “A man’s true wealth is the good he does in the world.” – Kahlil Gibran
266. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.” – Wayne Dyer
Famous Quotes by Famous People About Christianity
266. “I’m not the first person to sing about God, Jesus, faith [or] any of that, and I won’t be the last. And it won’t be the last for me, either. If you don’t like it, change the channel.” – Carrie Underwood
267. “That’s the thing about God; He’s the one in charge: not you or me,” – Sadie Robertson
268. “There’s more to me than just this jersey I wear, and that’s Christ living inside of me.” – Stephen Curry
269. “But I’ll say this: I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.” – Natalie Grant
270. “When God’s leading and directing, you don’t have to kick the doors open.” – Jeremy Camp
271. “The thing is, dressing up, going to church, dropping a twenty in the offering plate, those things are all well and good, but that doesn’t make you a Christian.” – Matthew West
272. “Worship: Where God isn’t moved by the quality of our voice but by the condition of our hearts.” – Chris Tomlin
273. “When the Lord opens a door, walk through it. If He doesn’t, just trust.” – Kari Jobe
274. “I guess, first and foremost, I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.” – Tim Tebow
275. “My Christian faith is so meaningful to me, and it’s the foundation of who I am,” – Candace Cameron Bure
276. “Through Jesus, your past is explained, your present has a purpose, and your future is secure. What more could you really want in life?” – Jase Robertson
Famous people quotes that will have you pondering life
277. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” — Anne Frank
278. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
279. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle
280. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
281. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
282. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Nelson Mandela
283. “Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
284. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
285. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
286. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
Quotes from famous people about what it is like in the limelight
287. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”― J.K. Rowling
288. “Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
289. “I never wanted to be famous. I only wanted to be great.” — Ray Charles
290. “Celebrity is the chastisement of merit and the punishment of talent.” — Emily Dickinson
300. “The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.” — Justin Timberlake
301. “I know I’m not supposed to have any opinions about politics, because I’m famous.” — Cher
302. “Fame is like caviar, you know – it’s good to have caviar but not when you have it at every meal.” — Marilyn Monroe
303. “The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.” — Britney Spears
304. “I have no use for people who throw their weight around as celebrities, or for those who fawn over you just because you are famous.” — Walt Disney
305. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”― Rumi
Famous people quotes from movie stars
306. “I never got into this business thinking I’d be like a movie star.” — Glenn Close
307. “I wanted to be a movie star. But movie stars are not what they used to be.” — Lindsay Lohan
308. “If you have to have a job in this world, a high-priced movie star is a pretty good gig.” — Tom Hanks
309. “I didn’t come to Hollywood to be the girl next door. I came to be a movie star.” — Jayne Mansfield
310. “I’m not a real movie star. I’ve still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago.” — Will Rogers
311. “I’m going to college. I don’t care if it ruins my career. I’d rather be smart than a movie star.” — Natalie Portman
312. “I’ve made $50 million over the years as a movie star, if you’ll pardon the expression, and I’ve given most of it to the bookies.” — Walter Matthau
313. “I wanted to be a political science professor and go to school in Boston. I never wanted to be a big, famous movie star and TV star. It kind of found me.” — Eliza Dushku
314. “People sometimes say, ‘Oh, you were a movie star,’ and I’m like, ‘No, I was a supporting actress.’ I wasn’t an A-list actress, and I’m fine with that. I’m proud of what I did in film.” — Zooey Deschanel
315. “What is a movie star? It is an illusion. It was everything I ever wanted to be, but it became a kind of shell, non? It was what made me famous and got me women. But it wasn’t real.” — Jean-Claude Van Damme
Inspirational Quotes By Famous People To Help You Stay On Track
316. “The future depends on what you do today.” —Mahatma Gandhi
317. “We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.” – Barack Obama
318. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”― Will Rogers
319. “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” – Mark Twain
320. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
321. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
322. “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
323. “Success does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
324. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – John F. Kennedy
325. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”― Confucius
Thought-provoking quotes by famous people
326. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”― Mahatma Gandhi
327. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”― Mother Teresa
328. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”― Thomas A. Edison
329. “The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”― George Washington Burnap
330. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
331. “I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.”― Galileo Galilei
332. “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”― George Orwell, 1984
333. “Not being heard is no reason for silence.”― Victor Hugo
334. “If you want to be happy, be.”― Tolstoy Leo
335. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Short motivational quotes by famous people
336. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.”― Lou Holtz
337. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
338. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
339. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
340. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.”― Henry Ford
341. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
342. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
343. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
344. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
345. “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Famous Quotes By Famous People To Live By
346. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
347. “You’re not defined by your past; you’re prepared by it. You’re stronger, more experienced, and you have greater confidence.” — Joel Osteen
348. “Enjoy all you have while pursuing all you want.” — Jim Rohn
349. “I’m a slow walker, but I never walk back. ” — Abraham Lincoln
350. “Your attitude is either the lock on or key to your door of success.” — Denis Waitley
351. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” — Albert Einstein
352. “You’ll never achieve real success unless you like what you’re doing.” — Dale Carnegie
353. “The key to success is to develop a winning edge.” — Brian Tracy
354. “I believe that nothing in life is unimportant every moment can be a beginning.” — John McLeod
355. “Life is what happens while you are making other plans.” — John Lennon
Quotes by famous authors
356. “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett Henry
357. “Everything is hard before it is easy.” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
358. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
359. “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.” —Ernest Hemingway
360. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.” – Emily Dickinson
361. “I want to taste and glory in each day, and never be afraid to experience pain.” —Sylvia Plath
362. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Haruki Murakami
363. “We rise by lifting others.” —Robert Ingersoll
364. “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” – William Shakespeare
365. “So you had a bad day. Kick it aside and be grateful for one less bad day to pass through.” ―Richelle E. Goodrich
Famous Quotes by Famous People to Get You Off Your Comfort Zone
366. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
367. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one.” — Mark Twain
368. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
369. “The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.” — John C. Maxwell
370. “You will never change what you tolerate.” — Joel Osteen
371. “In life you need either inspiration or desperation.” — Tony Robbins
372. “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.” — Elon Musk
373. “Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.” — Tony Robbins
374. “By thinking about your goals every morning, many times during the day, and every night, you begin moving toward it, and bringing it toward you.” — Bob Proctor
375. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” — Pablo Picasso
Famous Quotes By Famous People To Uplift Your Spirit
376. “The time is always right to do what is right.” — Martin Luther King, Jr
377. “Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” — Jon Bon Jovi
378. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got have enough nerve.” — J.K. Rowling
379. “Amateurs wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.” — Chuck Close
380. “You can have it all. You just can’t have it all at once.” — Oprah Winfrey
381. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no use being a damn fool about it.” — W.C. Fields
382. “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” — Henry Ford
383. “Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.” — Michael Caine
384. “Thankfully, perseverance is a great substitute for talent.” — Steve Martin
385. “Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead—that’s where your future lies.” — Ann Landers
Famous Quotes By Famous People To Keep Chasing Your Dreams
386. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.” ― Taylor Swift
387. “We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.” ― Katie Holmes
388.”Never worry about bad press. All that matters is if they spell your name right.” ― Kate Hudson
389. “I don’t believe in happy endings but I believe in happy journeys.” ― George Clooney
390. “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” ― Denzel Washington
391. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'” ― Muhammad Ali
392. “He who has the gold makes the rules.” ― Tyler Perry
393. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.” ― Michelle Obama
394. “There are no regrets in life, just lessons.” ― Jennifer Aniston
395. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams.” ― Lady Gaga
Famous Quotes by Famous People That Will Inspire and Motivate
396. “Don’t waste your energy trying to convince people to understand you. Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people.” ― Joel Osteen
397. “Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.” ― Henry David Thoreau
398. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ― Anais Nin
399. “One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
400. “It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
401. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” ― Mark Twain
402. “You and I are essentially infinite choice-makers. In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices.” ― Deepak Chopra
403. “Build a dream and the dream will build you.” ― Robert H. Schuller
404. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
405. “To be successful, you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” ― Mike Gafka
What other famous quotes by famous people would you add to the list?
We can all learn a little something from the greats.
From celebrities, scientists, innovators, and even politicians, these people have made important contributions to both the world and society as a whole.
Thanks to their hard work, diligence, and brilliance, we can say that our world has been made better for future generations.
Sometimes, you just need to pause for a moment and remind yourself that your struggles will eventually pass.
Never hesitate to turn to this list of quotes by famous people whenever you feel you need to feel inspired.
For in your journey towards success, it pays to carry something precious on hand.
Did you enjoy these quotes by famous people?
What famous quote was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 29, 2019 at 2:44 PM
“If we were made the same way there would either be an destroyed earth or an untouched earth. There wouldn’t be both.” -Callie Paulk
May 25, 2019 at 3:11 AM
“It’s not what you have on the outside that glitters in light, it’s what you have on the inside that shines in the dark.” -Anthony Liccione
March 16, 2019 at 7:01 AM
True happiness is giving with all your heart and expecting absolutely nothing in return.
March 13, 2019 at 10:58 AM
I have a proverb too.
If you are alone
Look for the light.
If you are many
Look for the success.
March 9, 2019 at 10:02 PM
“Life is like a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving”-Albert Einstein
December 20, 2018 at 8:48 AM
find out who you are and do it on purpose -Dolly Parton