Want to find your inner superstar? Allow these quotes by famous people to ignite your fire within!
If you need some inspiration to help you shoot for the stars, this terrific collection of quotes from famous people are exactly what you need to read right now. After reading these quotes by famous people, it’ll reinvigorate your drive to pursue your passions and chase your dreams.
We promise, we don’t do celebrity gossip over here. We prefer to focus on the positive, in all things, always!
But do love to feature the nuggets of wisdom that some of our favorite celebs and public figures drop.
Which famous actor or actress, business magnate, or political icon do you look up to?
What are some qualities of famous people you respect?
What are some traits and mindsets you have incorporated into your own life from people you admire?
We all need a boost from time to time – even famous people! Sometimes, we find it in the most unlikely places.
But it helps to have the best quotes about life and success from famous figures to know that even the most successful names out there have had some rough days, too.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from famous people that have helped me stay on track through life’s adventures!
Quotes by famous people that will inspire you
1. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
2. “I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a one size fits all standard for happiness.” – Kanye West
3. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
4. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
5. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
6. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
7. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
8. “You get what you settle for.” – Thelma and Louise
9. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
10. “Only those who play to win. Only those who risk to win. History favors risk-takers. Forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary.” – Iveta Cherneva
Also check out our list of short inspirational quotes to fuel your day.
Sayings and quotes by famous people on life and success
11. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this, and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
12. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
13. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
15. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.“ – Robert Louis Stevenson
16. “Life is being on the wire, everything else is just waiting.” – Karl Wallenda
17. “Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it.” – Chinese proverb
18. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
19. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
20. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
You might also like these experience quotes for living a fulfilled life.
Quotes by famous people about life
21. “You can’t outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little side bets about the outcome of life. Either you wade in and risk everything you have to play the game or you don’t play at all. And if you don’t play you can’t win.” – Judith McNaught
22. “Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.” – Deepak Chopra
23. “Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one’s ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.” – André Malraux
24. “If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.” – Mario Andretti
25. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something; your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs (see more quotes by Steve Jobs)
26. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” – Denis Waitley
27. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Leap and the net will appear.” – Zen Proverb
29. “Saying it is impossible to live without failing at something is impossible. Unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J.K. Rowling
30. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – Braveheart
Quotes from famous people on life and love
31. “I don’t think you’re human if you don’t get nervous.” – Sidney Crosby
32. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
33. “Go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” – Jimmy Carter
34. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
35. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
36. “The universe has no restrictions. You place restrictions on the universe with your expectations.” – Deepak Chopra
37. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life is too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
38. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
39. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
Famous sayings and quotes by famous people
41. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
42. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
43. “Your dreams are ballbusters; they’re not the yellow brick road.” – Kelly Cutrone
44. “Screw it, let’s do it!” – Richard Branson
45. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
46. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres
47. “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” – Marissa Mayer
48. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
49. “If we listened to our intellect, we’d never have a love affair. We’d never have a friendship. We’d never go into business because we’d be too cynical. Well, that’s nonsense. You’ve got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.” – Annie Dillard
50. “Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” – Billy Wilder
Thoughtful quotes by famous people
51. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
52. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
53. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
54. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
55. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
56. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”- Bill Gates
57. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
58. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” ― Oprah Winfrey
59. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
60. “What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.” – Donald Trump
Inspirational quotes by famous people
61. “The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.” – Elvis Presley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Elvis Presley quotes that illustrate the man behind the music we all know and love.
62. “The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.” – Beyonce
63. “You can put wings on a pig, but you don’t make it an eagle.” – William J. Clinton
64. “Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.” – John F. Kennedy
65. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
67. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
68. “One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.” — Mother Teresa
69. “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso
70. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” — Bill Gates
71. “Remember that no matter how cool you think you may be, you’re not cool enough to look down on anyone…ever.” – Paul Walker
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
72. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
73. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
Quotes by famous people to inspire you to live your best life
74. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet
75. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
76. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
77. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
78. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
79. “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” – Mark Zuckerberg (see more Mark Zuckerberg quotes)
80. “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
81. “The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney
Quotes by famous people to help you find the answers you’re looking for
82. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
83. “Originality is nothing but judicious imitation.” – Voltaire
84. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K.Rowling
85. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
86. “It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
87. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” –Napoleon Hill
88. “Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called ‘Ego’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
89. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
90. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
91. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is youer than you!” –Dr. Seuss
Quotes by famous people to inspire and teach
92. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou
93. “Don’t be so humble – you are not that great.” – Golda Meir
94. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
95. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
96. “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson
97. “You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
98. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
99. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden
100. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
More inspirational quotes by famous people
101. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
102. “Love is a serious mental disease.” – Plato
103. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
104. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
105. “The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” – Napoleon Hill
106. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
107. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” – Jason Mraz
108. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
109. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”
– Frank Sinatra
110. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
Quotes by famous people about success and greatness
111. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” —Wilma Rudolph
112. “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” —Francois de La Rochefoucauld
113. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” —Edmund Hillary
114. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
115. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” —Og Mandino
116. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan
117. “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” —William Faulkner
118. “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” —William Shakespeare
119. “Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary.” —Joseph B. Wirthlin
120. “Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.” —Theodore Roosevelt
Quotes by famous people to inspire and encourage you
121. “You only have one life, and if it is not going in the direction you want it to, now is the time to make changes.” – Joyce Meyer
122. “Success isn’t easy, and that’s a good thing – at least in business. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it and your competition would be outrageous!” – David Fairweather
123. “Never let your past decisions determine your future outcome.” – Mark Dudley
124. “If you want something out of life you have to go out there and get it, because it is not just going to be given to you.” – Kelvin Waites
125. “No one can give you your goals. No one can dig for you. This is your journey.” – Warren Philip Gates
126. “Having a specific meaning and purpose in your life helps to encourage you towards living a fulfilling and inspired life.” – Vic Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
127. “Inspiration is a message from your unconscious wisdom telling you to go out there and be the fullest, most positive expression of you who you REALLY are.” – Paul Dalton
128. “Determine what motivates you and you can find your path to love, happiness and influence and that which you seek to make your life complete.” – Louis Howard
129. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” – Peter F Drucker
130. “Life without purpose is meaningless.” – Amy Torres
Famous quotes that are filled with life lessons
131. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.”― Joseph Campbell
132. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
133. “Short cuts make long delays.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
134. “No matter how hard you kick, no matter how high you get, you can’t go all the way around.”― John Green
135. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.”― Claire Cook
136. “The world is what YOU think of it, so think of it DIFFERENTLY and your life will change.”― Paul Arden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of life changing quotes about love, life and death.
137. “Never Say Never if you know you can do what you love don’t give up.”― Justin Bieber
138. “What gets measured gets improved.”― Robin S. Sharma
139. “But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can’t please everyone, so don’t try.”― Chris Colfer
140. “Where there is life, there is hope.”― Alyson Noel
Famous people quotes that will broaden your thoughts
141. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
142. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
143. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” – Buddha
144. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
145. “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
146. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
147. “The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
148. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
149. “A great man is always willing to be little.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
150. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
More inspirational famous people quotes
151. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
152. “But you have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.” – Arianna Huffington
153. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
154. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure… but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
155. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
156. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” – Katharine Hepburn
157. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
158. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
159. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
160. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
Quotes by famous people to elevate your perspective
161. “A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.” – Malcolm X
162. “If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others.” – Dalai Lama
163. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
164. “Friends should be like books, easy to find when you need them, but seldom used.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
165. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
166. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”– Theodore Roosevelt
167. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
168. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
169. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” – Ashton Kutcher
170. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
Quotes by famous people to inspire and motivate
171. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
172. “God put you on this earth because He loves you and He has a plan for you.” – Nick Vujicic
173. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
174. “We should love unquenchably, dream unfalteringly, and work unceasingly.” – Max Lucado
175. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
176. “Use what talent you possess – the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.” – Henry van Dyke
177. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
178. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
179. “We don’t want to tell our dreams. We want to show them.”- Cristiano Ronaldo
180. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Famous people quotes that will elevate your thoughts
181. “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” – Albert Einstein
182. “Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns
183. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” – Sir Winston Churchill
184. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
185. “Give me a museum and I’ll fill it.” – Pablo Picasso
186. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of attitude quotes that will set you up for success.
187. “Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterward to solve other problems.” – Rene Descartes
188. “You have as much laughter as you have faith.” – Martin Luther
189. “Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right.” – Henry Ford
190. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Quotes by famous people to enlighten you
191. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
192. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
193. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
194. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
195. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
196. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” –Maya Angelou
197. “It’s not how much you have that makes people look up to you, it’s who you are.” – Elvis Presley
198. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
199. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
200. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Quotes by famous people that will make you think differently
201. “I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.” – Mother Teresa
202. “Never rest on your laurels. Nothing wilts faster than a laurel sat upon.” – Mary Kay
203. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Heather Cortez
204. “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.” – Anne Frank
205. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin Roosevelt
206. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.” – Henry Ford
207. “Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.” – J.F. Kennedy
208. “Happiness doesn’t come from doing what we like to do but from liking what we have to do.” – Wilferd Peterson
209. “Always do right, that will gratify some and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
210. “The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn.” – Napoleon Hill
Quotes by famous people to expand your mind
211. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
212. “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.” – Denzel Washington
213. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffet
214. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
215. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
216. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Bruce Lee
217. “When our memories outweigh our dreams, it is then that we become old.” – Bill Clinton
218. “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presley
219. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James
220. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Søren Kierkegaard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
Powerful quotes by famous people
221. “You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.” – Elvis Presley
222. “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
223. “I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter.” – Elllen DeGeneres
224. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”― Dr. Seuss
225. “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
226. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”― Abraham Lincoln
227. “Ability is of little account without opportunity.” – Lucille Ball
228. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.”
― Rick Riordan
229. “You put your intention and your attention on what it is that you want to shift and change.” – Wayne Dyer
230. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.”
― Haruki Murakami
Quotes by famous people to brighten your day
231. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
232. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”― Paulo Coelho
233. “Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.” –
234. “Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.”― Gustave Flaubert
235. “What counts can’t always be counted; what can be counted doesn’t always count.” – Albert Einstein
236. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”― A.A. Milne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
237. “Now I look beyond what I can’t do and focus on what I CAN. “- Robert M. Hensel
238. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
239. “Your brain is the most important organ in your body, and what happens in it determines what you think and feel, say and do.” – Rick Hanson
240. “None but ourselves can free our minds.”― Bob Marley
Quotes by famous people to that will change the way you think
241. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi
242. “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”― Mark Twain
243. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”― Oscar Wilde
244. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
245. “Always do what you are afraid to do.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
246. “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.”― C. JoyBell C.
247. “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”― John Milton
248. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
249. “War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”― George Orwell
250. “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.”― Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
More quotes by famous people
251. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”― Albert Einstein
252. “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”― Albert Schweitzer
253. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”― Thomas A. Edison
254. “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”― Max Lucado
255. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
256. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.”― St. Francis Of Assisi
257. “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.”― Paulo Coelho
258. “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”― Leonardo da Vinci
259. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”― Roy T. Bennett
260. “To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.”― Taylor Swift
What other famous quotes by famous people would you add to the list?
We can all learn a little something from the greats. From celebrities, scientists, innovators, and even politicians, these people have made important contributions to both the world and society as a whole.
Thanks to their hard work, diligence, and brilliance, we can say that our world has been made better for future generations.
Sometimes, you just need to pause for a moment and remind yourself that your struggles will eventually pass. Never hesitate to turn to this list of quotes by famous people whenever you feel you need to feel inspired.
For in your journey towards success, it pays to carry something precious on hand.
Did you enjoy these quotes by famous people? What famous quote was you favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
February 12, 2021 6:00 AM EST