Root yourself down, stretch towards the sky, and have some fun with our plant quotes.
This article celebrates an essential part of life on Earth; plants!
You might also like these related articles:
In the course of your day, you most likely come across a large and diverse population of plant life.
The word plant applies to many living organisms and organisms belonging to the kingdom Plantae.
What are the types of plants?
Plants are one of the most diverse organisms on our planet.
No matter where humans live on the planet, plants are among them.
Hot, dry desserts and cold temperatures are insufficient to stop plant life from adapting, growing, and flourishing.
When classifying plants, some look to aspects such as height, tenderness of stem, branches, and life cycle.
However, plant lovers know those classifications only sometimes allow plants to be correctly identified.
Plants can be classified based on the way they grow.
Scientists often classify plants based on specific features such as growth habits, presence of specialized tissues, flowering or nonflowering, and seed or seedless plants.
Here are some of the plant types we have on our planet:
What is the importance of plants?
Many people do not consider this, but without plants, there would be no food for any of us.
Of course, some people say, “Well, I do not even eat vegetables, so that doesn’t matter to me.”
Before you are willing to give up on plants, remember that if you are a meat eater, the meat you consume consumes plants to survive.
No plants mean no food for animals people eat.
In fact, all of the carbon in proteins, fats, and carbs are derived from photosynthesis in plants.
The bread on your sandwich comes from grain, and the rice with your beef is from a rice patty field.
The cereals, chips, and fried snacks you enjoy are all made of corn, rice, or grains, all of which are plants.
Aside from the direct impact of providing us with food, plants also provide habitats for most animal life worldwide.
To learn more about plants’ power and importance to well-being, please check out our plant quotes below.
Short plant quotes about the connection between plants and people
Plants are one of the largest collections of life on the planet, and we have much in common with plant life.
1.“Like people, plants respond to extra attention.”— H. Peter
2. “If a tree dies, plant another in its place.” — Carl Linnaeus
3. “Turn up the sunshine and flowers, please.” — Anonymous
4. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope” — Lady Bird Johnson
5. “Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy.” — Terri Guillemets
6. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” — Henri Matisse
7. “Plants are like people: they’re all different and a little bit strange.” — John Kohoe
8. “Gardening requires lots of water, most of it in the form of perspiration.” — Lou Erickson
9. “When the world wearies, and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden.” — Minnie Aumonier
10. “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” — Greek Proverb
The best plant quotes about life
Plants teach us about growth, patience, and the will to transform.
11. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” — Audrey Hepburn
12. “Plants do not speak, but their silence is alive with change.” — May Sorton
13. “I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose, I would always greet it in a garden.” — Ruth Stout
14. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. “Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow.” — Zora Neale Hurston
16. “Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful,’ and sitting in the shade.” — Rudyard Kipling
17. “Plants and flowers taught me how to grow, by growing in secret and in silence.” — Micahel Johnson
18. “Just because you’ve only got houseplants doesn’t mean you don’t have the gardening spirit. I look upon myself as an indoor gardener.” — Sarah Wolfe
19. “The mighty drought could not decimate our roots hidden under the soil from years of suffering. We were plants; we learned to survive!” — Avijeet Das
20. “Your intuitive powers increase when you are with plants because your mind is silenced and you become more aware in the present moment.” — Sanchita Pandey
Plant quotes about the beauty of flowers and gardens
Plants make flowers for various reasons.
These quotes celebrate plants that make flowers to make our world more beautiful.
21. “When in doubt, add flowers.” — Anonymous
22. “I’m rooting for my flowers to grow.” — Anonymous
23. “Garden as though you will live forever.” — William Kent
24. “The Earth laughs in flowers.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “I must have flowers, always and always.” — Claude Monet
26. “Plants can’t solve all problems, but they’re a great start” — Anonymous
27. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.” — Janet Kilburn Phillips
28. “I like gardening; it’s a place where I find myself when I need to lose myself.” — Alice Sebold
29. “The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.” — Michael Pollan
30. “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. — Frances Hodgson Burnett
The top plant quotes about learning from gardens
Gardening is a lost art for many, though it has been proven that gardening increases our overall health.
31. “Gardening is an instrument of grace.” — May Sarton
32. “Like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” — E.V.
33. “Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
34. “The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.” — Abraham Lincoln
35. “Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination.” — Mrs. C.W. Earle, Pot-pourri from a Surrey Garden, 1897
36. “The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body but the soul. — Alfred Austin
37. “A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust.” — Gertrude Jekyll
38. “Let no one think that real gardening is a bucolic and meditative occupation. It is an insatiable passion, like everything else to which a man gives his heart.” — Karel Capek, The Gardener’s Year
39. “Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.” — Lindley Karstens
40. “The single greatest lesson the garden teaches is that our relationship to the planet need not be zero-sum and that as long as the sun still shines and people still can plan and plant, think and do, we can if we bother to try, find ways to provide for ourselves without diminishing the world.” — Michael Pollan
More Plant Quotes
Here are a few more plant quotes for your enjoyment!
41. “Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul.” — Linda Solegato
42. “The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.” — Gertrude Jekyll
43. “Despite the gardener’s best intentions, Nature will improvise.” — Michael Garafalo
44. “The closest I am to being a parent is taking care of all of my plants.” — Anonymous
45. “God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.” — Francis Bacon
46. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
47. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” — Walter Hagen
48. “There can be no other occupation like gardening in which if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.” — Mirabel Osler
49. “Odd as I am sure it will appear to some, I can think of no better form of personal involvement in the cure of the environment than that of gardening.” — Wendell Berry
50. “If you wish to make anything grow, you must understand it and understand it in a very real sense. ‘Green fingers’ are a fact and a mystery only to the unpracticed. But green fingers are the extensions of a verdant heart.” — Russell Page
How do plants impact our health?
The history of land plants is incredible.
They have been on Earth longer than humans have been on the planet, over 450 million years.
Did you know that all plants evolve from a single organism?
Plants have a profound impact on our health.
They help us in healing and health and are used in various medicines to heal our physical bodies.
Plants were used in ancient healing traditions from the past and are essential in the most cutting-edge laboratories today.
People use plants to combat disease and to heal injured body parts and organs.
Plants are also used as medicine for those suffering from mental health diagnoses.
It has been proven that having houseplants in our homes increases mental and physical health.
Plants purify the air and have a calming effect on humans.
Do you have a favorite plant quote?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comment section below.