Looking for inspirational Rudyard Kipling quotes?
If you find one that resonates with you, share it with us in the comment section below.
As you probably know, Rudyard Kipling is the author of The Jungle Book.
He has written several books, poems, and short stories.
In fact, he is often referred to as an innovator in the art of the short story!
He won the Nobel Prize in literature at 41 and still holds the record as the youngest recipient.
We hope you enjoy these Rudyard Kipling quotes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Rudyard Kipling Quotes
1. “Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” – Rudyard Kipling
2. “He wrapped himself in quotations – as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.” – Rudyard Kipling
3. “I never made a mistake in my life; at least, never one that I couldn’t explain away afterwards.” – Rudyard Kipling
4. “I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble” – Rudyard Kipling
5. “If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;!”” – Rudyard Kipling
6. “If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.” – Rudyard Kipling
7. A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty.” – Rudyard Kipling
8. “We’re all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.” – Rudyard Kipling
9. “If you can walk with the crowd and keep your virtue, or walk with Kings-nor lose the common touch; If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run- Yours is the earth and everything that’s in it, And-which is more-you’ll be a man my son.” – Rudyard Kipling
10. “Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.” – Rudyard Kipling
11. “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” – Rudyard Kipling
Rudyard Kipling Quotes About India
12. “I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me.” – Rudyard Kipling
13. “A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” – Rudyard Kipling
14. “Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves.” – Rudyard Kipling
15. “I keep six honest serving men (they taught me all i knew); Theirs names are What and Why and When And How And Where and Who.” – Rudyard Kipling
16. “I am, by calling, a dealer in words; and words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” – Rudyard Kipling
17. “You must learn to forgive a man when he’s in love. He’s always a nuisance.” – Rudyard Kipling
18. “No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.” – Rudyard Kipling
19. “For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.” – Rudyard Kipling
20. “War is an ill thing, as I surely know. But ‘t would be an ill world for weaponless dreamers if evil men were not now and then slain.” – Rudyard Kipling
21. “My heart is so tired” – Rudyard Kipling
22. “Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie.” – Rudyard Kipling
23. “The world is very lovely, and it’s very horrible–and it doesn’t care about your life or mine or anything else.” – Rudyard Kipling
24. “This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.” – Rudyard Kipling
25. “We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse.” – Rudyard Kipling
What is your favorite Rudyard Kipling quote?
What other Rudyard Kipling quotes would you add to the list?
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST