Just say the word predator, and people will instantly start thinking of different things.
Say predator to a man around the age of 40, and they will likely think you are talking about the film from 1987.
It is a classic 80s action/sci-fi film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura.
These predator quotes include some great lines from the cast of Predator (including the one my husband yells, in a horrible Aussie accent, when he would like us to go faster…).
If you were to say ‘predator’ to an animal lover, they might instantly think of the Irwins, and other nature shows that highlight the predators of the animal kingdom.
Animal predators come in many shapes and sizes, and not all appear threatening.
For instance, a cat is a predator of mice, but neither of those animals strikes fear into my heart.
Then there are apex predators, which means they are the predator at the top of the food chain, and rarely have a natural predator of their own.
These include animals like big cats (leopards, tigers, lions, etc.), sharks, orcas, and crocodiles, none of which I would really want to face off with!
Many educational and witty predator quotes from this list are about apex predators.
There is one other type of apex predator that also made the list, and that is humans.
Keep reading to learn more about the predatory instincts of animals and humans.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s (and other castmates) best Predator movie quotes and lines
1. “What’s the matter, CIA got you pushing too many pencils?” — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “Get to the choppa!” — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “I see you.” [To the predator cloaked in invisibility] — Mac, Bill Duke
4. “Stick around.” [After Dutch uses his machete to impale an enemy to the wall] — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. “I don’t care who you are back in the real world. You give our position away one more time and I’ll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here, got that?” — Mac, Bill Duke
6. “Come on! Kill me!” [Yelled as Dutch is wounded in an attempt to get the Predator to set off a trap] — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. “I ain’t got time to bleed.” — Blain, Jesse Ventura
8. “There’s something out there waiting for us, and it ain’t no man. We’re all gonna die.” — Billy, Sonny Landham
9. “What the hell are you.” [Dutch asks the Predator, and the Predator mimics it back while dying] — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. “If it bleeds, we can kill it.” — Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger
You will also enjoy our article on Kill Bill quotes.
Famous Predator quotes about nature’s big cats
11. “A lion’s work hours are only when he’s hungry; once he’s satisfied, the predator and prey live peacefully together.” — Chuck Jones
12. “You don’t see sick animals in the wild. You don’t see lame animals in the wild, and its all because of the predator: the lion, the tiger, the leopard, all the cats.” — Tippi Hedren
13. “A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land, but you throw him in the shark tank and he’s just another meal.” — Renzo Gracie
14. “Believing that the rustle in the grass is a dangerous predator when it is only the wind does not cost much, but believing that a dangerous predator is the wind may cost an animal its life.” — Michael Shermer
15. “Lions are neither predators nor killers. They just go for hunting like kings; because they are the kings!” — Munia Khan
16. “The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won’t get much sleep.” — Woody Allen
17. “Familiarity makes the lion more dangerous.” — Jocelyn Murray
18. “A tiger does not shout its tigritude, it acts.” — Wole Soyinka
19. “If you rile a tiger, he’s going to show his claws.” — Rob James-Collier
20. “There is nothing like the thrill of walking through the jungle looking for a tiger and knowing they could be watching you already.” — Ashlan Gorse Cousteau
You will also enjoy our article on Bhagavad Gita quotes.
Best Predator quotes about the dangers and evils of humans
21. “The predator wants your silence. It feeds their power, entitlement, and they want it to feed your shame.” — Viola Davis
22. “There’s a marked difference between a sexual predator, coercion tactics, and a man hitting on someone with the intention dating/wanting to get to know a girl he likes, however awkward, unpolished it may be.” — Chinmayi
23. “I don’t think anyone can be more of a predator than a human being.” — Robert Rodriguez
24. “I think the default position of humans is to be terrible, and we have to train it out of our children. That’s just part of survival, right? Predator animals don’t survive by being nice; humans are basically predator animals.” — Wil Wheaton
25. “Violence wounds the body, and it wounds the soul. Of the predator. Of the prey. Of the mourners. Of collective humanity. It diminishes us all.” — Kathy Reichs
What did you learn from these predator quotes?
The internet is vastly divided on just which apex predator is the strongest.
Some people answer with things like the lion, the killer whale, or the saltwater crocodile.
Each of these deadly creatures has ample reasons to be considered the strongest apex predator, but ultimately, you will have to answer that question for yourself.
One thing that can not be denied is that each of these animals possesses what is known as the predatory instinct in spades.
In animals, the predatory instinct means they survive by killing other animals for their food.
They stalk their prey and hunt them down.
Oftentimes, they outsmart their prey, while other times they overpower them by sheer brute and force.
Humans are arguably one of the strongest predators out there because some of us excel at that type of behavior.
Sure, there are many humans that do not fit the bill of predator in their everyday lives but is that because of societal constraints like ethics and morality?
If it was truly a kill or be killed world, humans would have no problems tapping into the predator instincts to survive.
Then there are those humans who have no problem being emotional and sexual predators.
These are the worst because they usually hide under a veneer of charisma and are well-liked.
Which predator do you think is the top dog?
Let us know in the comment section below, and if you have any other favorite quotes and lines from Predator that didn’t make the list, feel free to share those as well!