Bhagavad Gita Quotes if You Seek Inspiration and Wisdom
December 8, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Bhagavad Gita quotes will teach you valuable lessons about life.
Known to many scholars and believers, they come from an ancient literature called the Gita – a Sanskrit scripture composed of verses taken from the Hindu epic Mahabharata.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Conversations between Arjuna and Krishna
Translated as “The Song of God”, Bhagavad Gita was written like a poem depicting conversations between Prince Arjuna and his guide, the god Vishnu disguised as a chariot driver named Krishna.
As Prince Arjuna sought answers to his questions and disillusionment about the war, Krishna has provided the light through profound advice filled with wisdom and inspiration.
The Bhagavad Gita quotes are Hindu perspectives that touch on Indian traditions and philosophies.
Many believe they are still relevant in our modern world.
If you’re looking for inspiration and words of wisdom, these quotes may be worth diving into.
Don’t forget to also check out these karma quotes about what goes around and comes around in our life.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Bhagavad Gita quotes that are still relevant in our modern world
1. “One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
2. “You should perform your duty with a view to guide people and for universal welfare.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on yoga quotes.
3. “Sever the ignorant doubt in your heart with the sword of self-knowledge. Observe your discipline. Arise.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on Osho quotes.
4. “Even the wise are confused about what is action and what is inaction.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on Namaste quotes.
5. “Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
6. “A Karma-yogi performs action by body, mind, intellect, and senses, without attachment, only for self-purification.” – Bhagavad Gita
7. “One who neither rejoices nor grieves, neither likes nor dislikes, who has renounced both the good and the evil, and who is full of devotion, such a person is dear to Me.” – Bhagavad Gita
8. “Entering the earth I support all beings with My energy; becoming the sap-giving moon I nourish all the plants.” – Bhagavad Gita
9. “The deluded ones, who restrain their organs of action but mentally dwell upon the sense enjoyment, are called hypocrites.” – Bhagavad Gita
10. “The one who has faith, and is sincere, and has mastery over the senses, gains this knowledge. Having gained this, one at once attains the supreme peace.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on Tuesday quotes.
Bhagavad Gita quotes on life lessons
11. “Those who always practice this teaching of Mine, with faith and free from cavil, are freed from the bondage of Karma.” – Bhagavad Gita
12. “Valour, glory, firmness, skill, generosity, steadiness in battle and ability to rule – these constitute the duty of a soldier. They flow from his own nature.” – Bhagavad Gita
13. “Always perform your duty efficiently and without attachment to the results, because by doing work without attachment one attains the Supreme.” – Bhagavad Gita
14. “Your enemies will speak many unmentionable words and scorn your ability. What could be more painful than this? You will go to heaven if killed, or you will enjoy the earth if victorious. Therefore, get up with a determination to fight, O Arjuna.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on being lazy.
15. “Death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore, grieve not for what is inevitable.” – Bhagavad Gita
16. “Having hands and feet everywhere; having eyes, head, and face everywhere; having ears everywhere; the creator exists in the creation by pervading everything.” – Bhagavad Gita
17. “On this path effort never goes to waste, and there is no failure. Even a little effort toward spiritual awareness will protect you from the greatest fear.” – Bhagavad Gita
18. “Seek refuge in the attitude of detachment and you will amass the wealth of spiritual awareness. The one who is motivated only by the desire for the fruits of their action, and anxious about the results, is miserable indeed.” – Bhagavad Gita
19. “Through selfless service, you will always be fruitful and find the fulfillment of your desires.” – Bhagavad Gita
20. “Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps, and whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on world peace quotes.
Bhagavad Gita quotes to elevate your perspective
21. “When a man dwells on the pleasure of sense, attraction for them arises in him. From attraction arises desire, the lust of possession, and this leads to passion, to anger.” – Bhagavad Gita
22. “Work for work’s sake, not for yourself. Act but do not be attached to your actions. Be in the world, but not of it.” – Bhagavad Gita
23. “You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become.” – Bhagavad Gita
24. “You have a right to perform your prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions.” – Bhagavad Gita
25. “Actions do not cling to me because I am not attached to their results. Those who understand this and practice it live in freedom.” – Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on wellness quotes.
Bhagavad Gita Quotes That Offer You Wisdom About Life
26. “In the dark night of all beings awakes to Light the tranquil man. But what is day to other beings is night for the sage who sees.” — Bhagavad Gita
27. “There is nothing lost or wasted in this life.” — Bhagavad Gita
28. “Meet this transient world with neither grasping nor fear, trust the unfolding of life, and you will attain true serenity.” — Bhagavad Gita
29. “One should strive and employ oneself to uplift oneself. One should never dishonor oneself. The self is one’s friend as well as one’s enemy.” — Bhagavad Gita
30. “Causes and results, including emotional opposites, are things that come and go. This knowledge helps you endure them all.” — Bhagavad Gita
31. “If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a ﬂower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.” ― Bhagavad Gita
32. “If you want to be Great, Think Great and Positive.” — Bhagavad Gita
33. “Live a well-balanced life, it will bring peace.” — Bhagavad Gita
34. “Detachment from material things is the way to inner peace.” — Bhagavad Gita
35. “Always speak if you are right and don’t blame others.” — Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on predator quotes.
What did you learn from these Bhagavad Gita quotes?
These Bhagavad Gita quotes, spoken by Prince Arjuna and Krishna during their conversations, teach believers valuable lessons about life.
The verses encourage Hindus and other followers of the Gita scripture to live a life of purpose despite the ordinariness of everyday living while serving God and fulfilling their duties for the greater good.
These verses reinforce the importance of yoga and acting upon a situation without focusing so much on the fruits of the action.
As repeatedly stated in the texts, those who act without being attached to the outcome of their doing will achieve peace and freedom.
How do you perceive these Bhagavad Gita quotes and verses?
Would you be able to apply such philosophies into your own life?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 2, 2020 at 12:48 PM
very useful ……Thank you