Explore your cosmic connections with our quotes about aliens.
Recently, military veterans, including former Air Force intelligence officers, testified at a House Oversight and Accountability subcommittee hearing that extraterrestrials have been visiting planet Earth.
Find out what all the fuss is about with our quotes about aliens.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Demystifying a world-changing topic
Humans have not been ready to discuss the existence of extraterrestrial life authentically for a long time.
Social stigmas have deterred scientists, pilots, military, and other officials from sharing their extraterrestrial sightings or contact experiences with the public.
The existence of life outside of Earth can be a sensitive topic as it might challenge some people’s belief systems.
In an effort for clarity, let’s explain some vocabulary and answer some questions.
What is the difference between UFO and UAP?
For decades, the word UFO has been used to describe sightings in the sky that people have been unable to explain.
The acronym means unidentified flying objects.
The word UFO is obsolete to the new acronym, UAP.
In the past, UAP has meant unidentified aerial phenomena.
However, as more reports detailing craft coming out of the ocean or even subterranean caverns, UAP now stands for unidentified anomalous phenomena.
Why is there so much news about UAP and extraterrestrials?
Media coverage of UAP sightings goes back to the 1800s.
American newspapers from 1896-1897 are full of reports of “mysterious airships” and other unidentified aerial phenomena appearing over cities and towns in the Midwest all the way to California.
Recent UAP sightings are not isolated or uncommon.
Groups such as CSETI and Americans for Safe Aerospace have thousands of reports, footage, documents, and testimony from a diverse field of scientists, government and military officials, pilots, and others documenting the existence of extraterrestrial life.
In a push for transparency regarding the topic of UAP, these groups have been working hard to create awareness and open up the narrative of UAP and extraterrestrials.
Which is correct, alien or extraterrestrial?
Your words are your choice, but for anybody who prefers impeccability, there is a difference between an alien and an extraterrestrial.
By definition, if something is entirely alien, it is too foreign to identify with.
If we are discussing beings originating on another planet, they are extraterrestrial, meaning they are from outside our world.
A recent study from the University of Oxford suggested that, like us, extraterrestrial life would be subject to natural selection and evolve over time.
Reports and sightings suggest these beings are anthropomorphic, meaning they often have a head, two arms, and two legs.
Many contactees report emotional connections, love, and calm when interacting with these beings.
Various contactees suggest feeling familiar relationships with them.
Some argue that the word extraterrestrial is more appropriate because if the visitors were indeed so foreignly alien to us, we would not be able to connect.
To learn more, check out our quotes about aliens below.
Short quotes about aliens and first contact
We begin our quest with some short quotes about aliens.
1. “The earth is not alone.” — John Burroughs, The Breadth of Life
2. “If it is just us, seems like an awful waste of space.” — Carl Sagan
3. “Space, the mirror, waits for life to come look for itself there.“ — Ray Bradbury
4. “The key to SETI is to guess the type of communication that an alien society would use.” — David E. Fisher
5. “In the deepest sense, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence is a search for ourselves.” — Dr. Carl Sagan
6. “These objects are real and have been involved with observing Earth for several decades.” — Steven M. Greer
7. “A time will come when men will stretch out their eyes. They should see planets like our Earth.” — Christopher Wren
8. “It is possible that the future of human civilization depends on the receipt of interstellar messages.” — Carl Sagan
9. “I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” — Bill Watterson
10. “It is unnatural in a large field to have only one shaft of wheat and in the infinite Universe only one living world. “ — Metrodorus of Chios
The best quotes about aliens from Dr. Steven M. Greer
Dr. Greer is one of the most well-known advocates for alien disclosure and the evolution of human consciousness.
11. “The subject matter of UFOs itself is extraordinary.” — Steven M. Greer
12. “There are more than 4000 landing trace cases from around the world.” — Steven M. Greer
13. “The absence of a serious human response to it that is most extraordinary.” — Steven M. Greer
14. “There are more than 3500 military and commercial aircraft pilot reports of encounters worldwide.” — Steven M. Greer
15. “There are several multiple-witnessed events where humans have been taken on board spacecraft.” — Steven M. Greer
16. “The evidence that at least one extraterrestrial civilization has visited Earth is extensive both in scope and detail.” — Steven M. Greer
17. “Alas, our technology has marched ahead of our spiritual and social evolution, making us, frankly, a dangerous people.” — Steven M. Greer
18. “There are hundreds of credible reports, many with multiple witnesses, of humanoids in association with landed spacecraft.” — Steven M. Greer
19. “We’re reaching the point where the Earth will have to end the burden we’ve placed on her if we don’t lift the burden ourselves.” — Steven M. Greer
20. “If what I suspect is true, it’s one of the most important milestones in human history to acknowledge that we are not alone in the universe.” — Steven M. Greer
The top quotes about aliens from Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson loves to engage in conversations about extraterrestrial life.
21. “To declare that Earth must be the only planet with life in the universe would be inexcusably bigheaded of us.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
22. “For all we know, the aliens have already done this and unwittingly concluded that there was no intelligent life on Earth.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
23. “If the appendage explodes, then the alien was probably made of antimatter. If not, then you can proceed to take it to your leader.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
24. “A more humbling possibility would be if aliens had become aware of the technologically proficient species that now inhabits Earth.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
25. “If an alien lands on your front lawn and extends an appendage as a gesture of greeting, before you get friendly, toss it an eightball.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
More quotes from Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
If you can’t get enough from Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, here are a few additional quotes.
26. “Any eavesdropping alien civilization will know all about our TV programs, will hear all our FM music, and know nothing of the politics of AM talk—show hosts.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
27. “But this will happen only if the aliens can somehow determine which type of signal comes closer to the truth of who we are and what our cosmic identity deserves to be.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
28. “In any case, the leading edge of our “on purpose” radio signals is 30 light years away and, if intercepted, may mend the aliens’ image of us based on the radio bubble of our television shows.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
29. “[I]f our solar system is not unusual, then there are so many planets in the universe that, for example, they outnumber the sum of all sounds and words ever uttered by every human who has ever lived.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
30. “I’d bet almost anything that life from another planet if formed independently from life on Earth, would be more different from all species of Earth life than any two species of Earth life are from each other.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
Quotes about aliens for making first contact
These quotes about aliens will pique your interest.
31. “It is possible that the future of human civilization depends on the receipt of interstellar messages.” — Dr. Carl Sagan, The Quest for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, Smithsonian magazine, May 1978
32. “A single message from space will show that it is possible to live through technological adolescence.” — Dr. Carl Sagan, The Quest for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, Smithsonian magazine, May 1978
33. “In very different ways, the possibility that the universe is teeming with life, and the opposite possibility that we are totally alone, are equally exciting.” — Richard Dawkins
34. “Either way, the urge to know more about the universe seems to me irresistible, and I cannot imagine that anybody of truly poetic sensibility could disagree.” — Richard Dawkins
35. “To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.” —Metrodorus of Chios
Additional quotes about making first contact with aliens
Here are a few additional quotes to make you think.
36. “In our time, this search for extraterrestrial life will eventually change our laws, our religions, our philosophies, our arts, our recreations, as well as our sciences.” — Ray Bradbury
37. “It is an understatement to say that the time has arrived for a serious and open international dialogue regarding the possibility of future interplanetary relations.” — Steven M. Greer
38. “In no other area of human experience has so much evidence existed for so long, and yet been attended by such a paucity of serious research and analysis – at least in the civilian domain.” — Steven M. Greer
39. “CSETI has in the past 18 months succeeded in intentionally establishing contact with extraterrestrial spacecraft, on two occasions at very close range, and with multiple witnesses present.” — Steven M. Greer
40. “Somewhere, in some other planet orbiting some very distant star, maybe another galaxy, there could well be entities that are at least as intelligent as we are, and are interested in science” Murray Gell-Mann
Famous quotes about aliens for discerning your truth
There are many aspects of life that people do not agree about.
On Earth, we seem to find a way to disagree about everything.
Determining whether you acknowledge extraterrestrial life is your choice.
Here are some quotes to help you come to your own conclusions.
41. “Grab something off the shelf that’s on the spaceship, an ashtray, it doesn’t matter what.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
42. “It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living things within that enormous immensity.”— Werner von Braun
43. “Many cases have corroborating radar documentation and multiple witnesses both on the ground and in the air.” — Steven M. Greer
44. “If they flew here from another galaxy, no matter what you’ve pulled off the shelf, it’ll be unlike anything we have on Earth.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
45. “I think there probably are lots. Very likely, none is close enough to interact with us, but they could be out there very easily.” — Murray Gell-Mann
46. “These films and videotapes have been evaluated and deemed authentic by competent experts in optical physics and related fields.” — Steven M. Greer
47. “There are numerous daytime and nighttime photographs and videotapes of clearly non-human spacecraft from all over the world.” — Steven M. Greer
48. “Life can emerge from physics and chemistry plus a lot of accidents. The human mind can arise from neurobiology and a lot of accidents.” — Murray Gell-Mann
49. “There are hundreds of electromagnetic cases where spacecraft have been observed by police, military personnel, and civilians to affect car engines, radios, and other electric devices.” — Steven M. Greer
50. “Various polls have indicated that approximately 10% of Americans (25 million people) have seen them at close range so that details of the structure of the object can be discerned.” — Steven M. Greer
Did the U.S. government just disclose the existence of extraterrestrials?
Susan Gough, the spokeswoman for the Defense Department, provided the following response:
“The Pentagon did not find verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently.”
Despite the official response from the Defense Department, several retired high-ranking military members testified otherwise.
Retired Major David Grusch is a whistle-blower who testified to Congress that the U.S. government did retrieve the bodies of extraterrestrial beings from crashed vehicles and reverse-engineered their technology.
How would your life be any different if you found out extraterrestrials were visiting Earth?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.