No matter where you’re at on your journey, these success quotes will inspire you!
Success is influenced by several factors, including creative thinking, enthusiasm, and the belief in your dreams and ideas.
It is also impacted by your faith that the things you dream and hope for are possible and that you can transform them into a reality.
But I believe action and effort are the true keys to achieving success.
You cannot accomplish anything solely because you have a dream and believe in it.
You can wish, hope, pray, and have faith forever – but unless those things are coupled with taking some steps to realize those dreams, success will keep its distance.
It’s like standing at the dark opening of a tunnel.
Unless you move forward, you will never see the light at the end or get to the other side.
So it is with reaching for success.
You must be forward-thinking, and you must attempt to advance – move ahead, step forward – to achieve the things you hope for.
The importance of action and effort has been echoed repeatedly by those who have not only dreamed, but have in fact, succeeded.
Their accomplishments stand as inspiration for us to push ahead.
The selected success quotes below can provide direction as you endeavor to run your own race and grasp the winning prize.
If you need more wisdom on what it takes to truly succeed in life and business, be sure to also read this collection of quotes by Grant Cardone.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Motivating success quotes that will help you move forward faster
Your actions will drive progress that should lead to success.
1. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on Terminator quotes.
2. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on eminem quotes.
3. “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – Lolly Daskal
You will also enjoy our article on Blind Side quotes.
4. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
You will also enjoy our article on John D Rockefeller Quotes.
5. “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.” – Napoleon Hill
6. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
7. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
8. “Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where the fruit is?” – Frank Scully
9. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
10. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – George S. Patton
Inspiring success quotes
Your level of success is commensurate with your level of effort.
11. “Success and effort will always come down to this: focus and effort. And we control both.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
12. “Men who know exactly what they want of life, and are determined to get it, do not stop with wishing. They intensify their wishes into a burning desire, and back that desire with continuous effort based on a sound plan.” – Andrew Carnegie
13. “If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
15. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
16. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
17. “Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy.” – Jimmy Spithill
18. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
19. “Continuous effort not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
20. “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
Success quotes to elevate your mind
21. “Successful people begin where failures leave off. Never settle for ‘just getting the job done.’ Excel!” —Tom Hopkins
22. “If you love what you do and are willing to do what it takes, it’s within your reach. And it’ll be worth every minute you spend alone at night, thinking and thinking about what it is you want to design or build.” – Steve Wozniak
23. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” — Robert Kiyosaki
24. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
25. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” — John Wooden
26. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.” – William Arthur Ward
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these empowering collaboration quotes on teamwork & success.
27. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” — Arthur Ashe
28. “If you don’t care about what people think, you already passed the first step of success.” – Paulo Coelho
29. “If you can’t fly then run,
if you can’t run then walk,
if you can’t walk then crawl,
but whatever you do
you have to keep moving forward.”
– Reverend (Dr.) Martin Luther King, Jr.
You might also like these inspirational legacy quotes that will inspire you to start making your mark on the world today.
30. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
You might also like these self-made quotes to inspire your own success.
Success quotes to make you fearless
31. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.” — Zig Ziglar
32. “Success is my only option, failure’s not.” – Eminem
33. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life—and that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
34. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” – Richard Bach
35. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” — Margaret Thatcher
36. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
37. “Behind every successful man there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.” – Bob Brown
38. “Remember, success is a journey not a destination. Have faith in your ability. You will do just fine.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
39. “When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success.” – Orison Swett Marden
40. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
More success quotes and sayings
41. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
42. “Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well.” – Denis Waitley
43. “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” — Arnold H. Glascow
44. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
45. “Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals.” —Paul J. Meyer
46. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” –
47. “Slow and steady is better than fast and shaky.” – Maxime Lagacé
48. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
49. “The people who succeed are irrationally passionate about something.” – Naval Ravikant
50. “Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration, and inspiration.” – Evan Esar
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of superhero quotes to inspire the best version of you.
Success quotes to motivate you
51. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” – W.C. Fields
52. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
53. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
54. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
55. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.” – Roy T. Bennett
56. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
57. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
58. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
59. “If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault.” – Orson Scott Card
60. “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” – Winston S. Churchill
Don’t forget to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
More success quotes to drive you to greatness
61. “Never was anything great achieved without danger.” ― Niccolo Machiavelli
62. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.” ― Stephen Richards
63. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ― George Bernard Shaw
64. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” ― Zig Ziglar
65. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” ― Dr Roopleen
66. “Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
67. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” ― Dale Carnegie
68. “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” ― Joyce Brothers
69. “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.” ― John Wooden
70. “Keep your friends for friendship, but work with the skilled and competent” ― Robert Greene
Success Quotes To Make You Embrace Failure
71. “Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses.” — Marilyn vos Savant
72. “A failure isn’t a failure if it prepares you for success tomorrow.” — Lolo Jones
73. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
74. “Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve.” — Wilferd Peterson
75. “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.” — Sumner Redstone
76. “The person who makes a success of living is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly.” — Cecil B. DeMille
77. “There is no success without hardship.” — Sophocles
78. “Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.” — Marva Collins
79. “The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top.” — Joyce Brothers
80. “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” — George Burns
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of victory quotes to help you face life’s battles.
Did you enjoy reading these success quotes?
Remember: Success is the blossoming of your dreams – that’s why it requires action and effort!
You can have the greatest ideas in the world and you can devise the best-laid plans.
Still, these will not yield expected results unless you make the effort to turn them into more than just feelings in your heart, thoughts in your mind, or possibilities on paper.
So take a step.
Focus and use your energy.
The results will be well worth it.
Let your actions and effort work together to transport you to a destination where you can finally reap the awaiting harvest.
Which of these success quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other motivational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.