Here is a list of the best earth quotes from artists, authors, thinkers, and well-known people.
Earth is the third planet from the sun, harboring immense and diverse life forms.
Some of these earth quotes will:
- inspire you
- challenge you
- make you laugh
They will all encourage you to appreciate mother earth.
Tell us your favorite quote in the comment section below!
The benefits of reading these earth quotes
The earth gives us so much and asks for very little in return.
It provides us with beautiful lands full of trees and flowers.
It gives us deep oceans of wonder and mystery.
Awe-inspiring mountains and gorgeous, flowing rivers.
Mother earth allows us to grow food, find shelter, make medicine, and simply enjoy her endless bounty.
She is the giver and sustainer of a wonderful life for all her inhabitants.
It’s more important than ever that we keep protecting her in the forefront of our minds, with climate change and global pollution threatening the earth’s sustainability.
Reading and pondering over quotes about the earth will help you to:
- Be more conscious of how your choices affect the earth.
- Appreciate the beauty and wonder of the earth.
- Have gratitude for all that mother earth provides to her inhabitants.
- Feel more connected to the earth.
The earth has inherent healing powers, too.
When you appreciate the earth and take in its splendor, you may experience many health benefits.
According to the American Psychological Association, spending time outdoors can reduce stress, strengthen cognitive function, and improve mood.
So, let these earth quotes inspire you to get outside and appreciate mother nature!
You’ll be doing yourself and the earth a favor!
Short earth quotes about appreciating nature
These short earth quotes are perfect for inspiring you to appreciate mother nature.
1. “The earth laughs in flowers.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “We are all butterflies. Earth is our chrysalis.” ― LeeAnn Taylor
3. “Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
4. “Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky.” ― Khalil Gibran
5. “Life comes from the earth and life returns to the earth.” — Zhuangzi
6. “On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” — Jules Renard
7. “If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives.” ― Arthur Tofte
8. “There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity.” — Douglas MacArthur
9. “Earth is a small town with many neighborhoods in a very big universe.” ― Ron Garan
10. “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
Earth quotes for Instagram
Share these earth quotes for Instagram with your friends to celebrate our beautiful planet!
11. “Pick a flower on Earth, and you move the farthest star.” — Paul Dirac
12. “What you take from the earth, you must give back. That’s nature’s way.” ― Chris d’Lacey
13. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” — Carl Sagan
14. “Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.” — Rabindranath Tagore
15. “No one comes from the earth like grass. We come like trees. We all have roots.” — Maya Angelou
16. “My soul can find no staircase to Heaven unless it be through Earth’s loveliness.” — Michelangelo
17. “There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.” — Charles Dickens
18. “It is a blessing to be the color of the earth; do you know how often flowers confuse me for home?” — Rupi Kaur
19. “You are the salt of the earth. But remember that salt is useful when in association, but useless in isolation.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
20. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” ― Rachel Carson
Earth quotes to celebrate Earth Day
Use these earth quotes to celebrate earth day to show your gratitude to our generous, loving planet!
21. “The Earth is what we all have in common.” — Wendell Berry
22. “You don’t live on earth, you are passing through.” — Rumi
23. “The Earth does not belong to us: we belong to the Earth.” — Chief Seattle
24. “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” ― David Brower
25. “The miracle is not to fly in the air or to walk on water, but to walk on the earth.” — Chinese Proverb
26. “We are on Earth to take care of life. We are on Earth to take care of each other.” — Xiye Bastida
27. “Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” — Jackie Speier
28. “It looks big, Earth. But there are lots of us on here (7,523,458,567 and counting) so be kind.” — Oliver Jeffers
29. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” — Khalil Gibran
30. “Sooner or later, we will have to recognise that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans.” — Evo Morales
Earth quotes from philosophers and great thinkers
These earth quotes from philosophers, and great thinkers will challenge your mind and inspire profound thought.
31. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
32. “Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.” — Voltaire
33. “The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.” — Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
34. “The earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.” — Chief Joseph
35. “Earth is the holiest place in the Universe, loving the earth, and loving life is the way to generate positive vibrations.” ― Amit Ray
36. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” — Henry David Thoreau
37. “Earth is ancient now, but all knowledge is stored up in her. She keeps a record of everything that has happened since time began.” — Jeanette Winterson
38. “Earth rejoices our words, breathing and peaceful steps. Let every breath, every word and every step make the mother earth proud of us.” ― Amit Ray
39. “Earth is the play ground of our children and their children. We cannot allow it to be the play ground of the nuclear arms of the evil forces.” ― Amit Ray
40. “God wanted to make heaven, and the earth is that heaven. Nowhere in the universe there is so much love, life, beauty and peace. Enjoy your stay with the fellow beings.” ― Amit Ray
Funny quotes about the Earth that will make you laugh
Enjoy these funny earth quotes that will lighten the mood and make you smile!
41. “The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” — E. E. Cummings
42. “There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.” — Marshall McLuhan
43. “Hugged a tree for Earth Day and heard it whisper, ‘I have a boyfriend.’” — Just Bill
44. “Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.” — Henry David Thoreau
45. “I bet secretly Mother Earth is pretty pleased about how hot she’s getting.” — prontopup
46. “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” ― P.J. O’Rourke
47. “I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” — Elon Musk
48. “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.” — Kurt Vonnegut
49. “I am not the type who wants to go back to the land; I am the type who wants to go back to the hotel.” — Fran Lebowitz
50. “For Earth Day, turn on your air conditioner and open your doors and windows. If we all work together, we can totally cool this planet.” — Kelkulus
The Power of Nature and Mankind
There is tremendous power in appreciating and caring for the earth.
It sustains not only our bodies but also our hearts and minds.
The earth provides us with food, shelter, and countless experiences of beauty and inspiration.
This recognition also reveals how powerful humans are over the earth.
We can delight or destroy our earth through the power of our consciousness.
We alone can determine the outcome of this beautiful planet, which we all should be acutely aware of.
Tell us your favorite earth quote in the comment section!
If you enjoyed reading these earth quotes, click the share button for all to enjoy!