Fans of Harry Potter will love these Ravenclaw quotes!
Ravenclaw is a fictional “House” in the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter franchise.
Ravenclaw is one of four Houses of Hogwarts, with the others being Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin.
Ravenclaw was founded by Rowena Ravenclaw, known for her intelligence and creativity.
She was one of the four founding members of Hogwarts School.
The “Houses” at Hogwarts were the living and learning communities for the students of the school, so it was a form of pride to belong to your particular house.
Each of the houses competed throughout the year, so rivalries were born between them.
Ravenclaw House members were focused on and appreciated for learning, wisdom, wit, and intelligence.
Take a look at these Ravenclaw quotes to learn more about this House of Hogwarts.
You will also enjoy our article on Slytherin quotes.
Rowena Ravenclaw and Helena Ravenclaw Quotes
These are the words of Rowena Ravenclaw and her daughter Helena, who was also the Grey Lady.
1. “Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” — Rowena Ravenclaw
2. “He defiled it! With dark magic!” — Helena Ravenclaw
3. “Another swore to destroy it many years ago… a strange boy with a strange name.” — Helena Ravenclaw
4. “If you have to ask, you’ll never know. If you know, you need only ask.” — Helena Ravenclaw
5. “Luna is kind, unlike so many of the others. But she was wrong; I cannot help you.” — Helena Ravenclaw
6. “While the diadem bestows wisdom, I doubt that it would greatly increase your chances of defeating the wizard who calls himself Lord.” — Helena Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw Quotes About the House
Learn more about the Hogwarts house and the members in it.
7. “I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.” — Luna Lovegood (entering Ravenclaw)
8. “Ravenclaws learn quickly, and you’ll soon enjoy the challenges.” — Pottermore
9. “Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you’ve a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, Will always find their kind.” — Sorting Hat
10. “It’s a kind of crown. Ravenclaw’s was supposed to have magical properties, to enhance the wisdom of the wearer.” — Terry Boot
11. “I got into big trouble during my third year for dueling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine.” — A Hufflepuff
12. “The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, were already standing in the middle of the field. Their Seeker, Cho Change, was the only girl on their team.” — Narrator
13. “The arched windows set into the walls of our circular common room look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch, and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views.” — Description of the Tower
14. Question: “Where do Vanished objects go?” “Into non-being, which is to say, everything.” — Minerva McGonagall (entering Ravenclaw)
15. “Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot climb; our house colours are blue and bronze and our common room is found at the top of Ravenclaw Tower, behind a door with an enchanted knocker.” — Description of the Tower
16. “Without wishing to boast, this is the house where the cleverest witches and wizards live. Our founder, Rowena Ravenclaw, prized learning above all else—and so do we.” — Pottermore
Members of Ravenclaw Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes from the most popular members of the Ravenclaw house.
17. “You’re just as sane as I am.” — Luna Lovegood
18. “I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.” — Luna Lovegood
19. “I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes.” — Luna Lovegood
20. “I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can take you only so far in this field.” — Professor Trelawney
21. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” — Luna Lovegood
22. “You know, my dear, the moment I looked into your eyes, I knew that you did not have the mind for the noble art of Divination.” — Professor Trelawney
23. “Harry, I’m sorry, but someone’s already asked me. And well, I’ve, I’ve said I’ll go with him.” — Cho Chang
24. “You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid’s, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave.” — Professor Trelawney
25. “How come you’re not in Ravenclaw? With brains like yours?” — Terry Boot
What was the Reputation of Ravenclaw Students?
Ravenclaw students were known as Ravenclaws and were so academically competitive that they were known to backstab anyone to get top marks.
Although they are fiercely competitive in academics, Ravenclaws were also known to be welcoming, encouraging, and accepting of others.
Please share these Ravenclaw quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the House in the comment section below.