Building a profile of personality and work experience is an art form; read these resume quotes for advice on making your resume shine.
In this article, we will offer you the most popular resume quotes.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
So, without any delay, let’s dive in!
What is a Resume?
A resume is a document showing a summarized form of information regarding different aspects of a person.
- Work experience
- And any other relevant information
Usually, a job seeker provides or submits their resume to a potential employer.
By reviewing the resume, an employer can easily access a candidate’s abilities and educational background.
Hence, it is essential to write a comprehensive and impressive resume.
How to Write a Killer Resume
- Make sure to create attractive headings
- Create a customized resume for every job
- Highlight accomplishments and achievements
- Keep it concise while providing plenty of relevance
- Always use a professional font and formatting style
- The resume should be free from grammatical errors
Read our resume quotes below to learn about making your resume the best.
Best Resume Quotes
Here are some of the top resume quotes that are funny and poignant.
1. “I can put on my resume: ‘Can play dead.’” — Tom Verica
2. “If you haven’t had a few dents in your resume, you haven’t tried.” — Andrew Forrest
3. “My favorite special skill on my resume is ‘excellent monkey noises.’” — Ciara Renee
4. “That accolade, to be the best at your position in your conference, you want that on your resume.” — Travis Kelce
5. “Actually, I’m 130, but 125 is what I put on my resume because that’s what I look like I weigh.” — Eleanor Mondale
How People Feel About Their Resumes
Here are some personal thoughts about resumes from people you might know.
6. “I can now put ‘experienced aerialist’ on my resume.” — Jennifer Damiano
7. “I want to have a resume that is substantial enough to hold itself as respectful.” — Aldis Hodge
8. “I was lucky to get really good films, even though I don’t have 100 films in my resume.” — Shefali Shah
9. “What’s funny about my resume is so much of what I’ve done has not been seen.” — Nicholas D’Agosto
10. “I have a fairly hefty resume because I’m pretty aggressive about doing things that I think I need to do.” — Stacey Abrams
11. “I think if you were to look at my resume in total, you would see a lot of things that are kind of all over the map.” — Don Cheadle
Resume Quotes on Resume Building & Experience
These quotes emphasize the need to gain work experience to be competitive.
12. “As a public servant, William H. Webster has an impeccable resume.” — Alex Berenson
13. “Films like Road, Movie, and Brick Lane add a lot to your resume.” — Satish Kaushik
14. “Most people, when they hire you, they want some experience on the resume.” — Scott Rogowsky
15. “Boxing was the only career where I wouldn’t have to start out at the bottom. I had a good resume.” — Sugar Ray Leonard
16. “If you call failures experiments, you can put them in your resume and claim them as achievements.” — Mason Cooley
17. “Each time you do a film, you gain a lot of experience and build a visual resume where people get to know who you are.” — Pam Grier
18. “Crimes of Passion, which is one of the best films I’ve done, will live strongly in my resume, even though it didn’t do well.” — Kathleen Turner
19. “Work is good when people are responsible, and in low-budget movies, a lot of the actors don’t want to be there. They’re there to build a resume.” — Sean Young
20. “When you first start working, you take whatever job is offered because you have to build your resume.” — Chris Hardwick
21. “One day, I looked up and saw I had an extensive resume and saw how I did that and did not realize it because you are constantly working and trying to build a body of work.” — Ruben Santiago-Hudson
22. “It’s nice that established and emerging stars agree to appear in ambitious low-budget films. Such pro-bono work gives the movie a higher profile and the actors a potentially more distinguished resume.” — Richard Corliss
23. “Sometimes legends find themselves remembered more for what they have not done than for their accomplishments. But those resume gaps can also help drive them to achieve even greater things in new arenas.” — Don Yaeger
Resume Quotes with Advice
The quotes below discuss resumes and advise how to make your resume stand out.
24. “I’d update my resume so you’re ready for any outcome.” — Bob Weinstein
25. “Confining a resume to a single page is good advice for anyone.” — Daniel Lyons
26. “Just displaying your resume online, which LinkedIn lets you do, isn’t enough.” — Caroline Ghosn
27. “The wrong personality with the greatest resume in a business will not grow that business.” — Jon Taffer
28. “I’ve learned that a resume is only part of what makes someone a great fit for your team.” — Kendra Scott
29. “Social change isn’t something you should do just to help pad a resume. Follow your passion.” — Nancy Lublin
30. “If you’re applying for a creative position, don’t be afraid to get a little creative on your resume.” — Rebecca Serle
31. “People put ‘study abroad’ on their resume. I actually like when they don’t study abroad because that means they aren’t entitled.” — Mickey Drexler
32. “As a visual person, I love a creative resume. Putting in a little effort on the design side will show that you care about making things look good.” — Sophia Amoruso
33. “The challenge of life, I have found, is to build a resume that doesn’t simply tell a story about what you want to be, but it’s a story about who you want to be.” — Oprah Winfrey
34. “Take the time to customize your resume and cover letter to reflect your qualifications, your research on the specific company and position, and how you believe you can add value.” — Kathryn Minshew
Which One of these Resume Quotes is your Favorite?
Building a good resume can be challenging.
But having good advice from people who know what it takes helps.
Get more tips on landing your dream job with these be direct quotes.
Do you have a favorite quote from this list?
If so, share it with us via the comments section!
We would love to hear from you!