These Ratatouille quotes from the Disney Pixar movie will remind you that anyone can be great, no matter what their background is.
After all, if a rat can become one of the greatest chefs in Paris, what is stopping you from following your dreams as well?
Remy is a rat with a unique desire to only eat good food.
He is disgusted by his family’s ability to eat any junk, and so, when he is separated from his family and ends up in Paris, the city of food, he takes this twist of fate as an opportunity to follow his dreams.
With the help of a lucky garbage boy, Linguini, Remy quickly demonstrates his skills in the kitchen and even wins over the grouchiest of food critics, Anton Ego.
Here are our favorite Ratatouille quotes from this Disney classic.
Don’t forget to also check out these Mickey Mouse quotes from everyone’s favorite mouse.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational Ratatouille movie quotes
1. “Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.” – Anton Ego
You will also enjoy our article on food quotes.
2. “The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.” – Anton Ego
You will also enjoy our article on cooking quotes.
3. “If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead!” — Gusteau
You will also enjoy our article on Pulp Fiction quotes.
4. “You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. ” — Gusteau
You will also enjoy our article on kitchen quotes.
5. “Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great.” – Gusteau
6. “If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.” – Remy
Ratatouille quotes that prove anyone can cook
7. “It’s your recipe, how could you not know your own recipe?!” — Horst
8. “You think cooking is a cute job, eh? Like mommy in the kitchen? Well, mommy never had to face the dinner rush where all the meals are different and none are simple with all the different cooking times and they must all arrive at the customer’s table at exactly the same time, hot and perfect! Every second counts, and you cannot be mommy!” — Colette
9. “What is this? Keep… your… station clear! If meal orders come in, what will happen? Messy stations slow things down, food doesn’t go, orders pile up, disaster!” — Colette
10. “I’m just familiarizing myself with, you know, the vegetables and such.” — Linguini
11. “Mark of a chef: messy apron, clean sleeves.” — Colette
12. “Ugh, your sleeves look like you threw up on them. Keep your hands and arms in, close to the body, like this, see? Always return to this position. Cooks move fast, sharp utensils, hot metal, keep your arms in, you will minimize cuts and burns and keep your sleeves clean.” — Colette
13. “Well, yeah, anyone can [cook], that doesn’t mean that anyone should.” — Remy
Ratatouille quotes for when you eat really good food
14. “[Humans] don’t just survive; they discover; they create. … I mean, just look at what they do with food!” – Remy
15. “People think haute cuisine is snooooty, so chef must also be snooty. But not so.” – Colette
16. “Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source.” — Anton Ego
17. “To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core.” — Anton Ego
18. “In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau’s famous motto, “Anyone can cook.” But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant.” — Anton Ego
19. “It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau’s, who is, in this critic’s opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau’s soon, hungry for more.” – Anton Ego
20. “Amusing title, Anyone Can Cook!. What’s even more amusing is that Gusteau actually seems to believe it. I, on the other hand, take cooking seriously. And, no, I don’t think anyone can do it.” — Anton Ego
21. “You know how to fix it. This is your chance.” — Gusteau
22. “Creamy, salty-sweet, an oak-y nuttiness… You detect that?” — Remy
23. “No brother of mine eats rejecta-menta in my town!” — Remy
24. “If I don’t love it, I don’t swallow.” — Anton Ego
Funny Ratatouille quotes
25. “All this cooking and reading and TV-watching while we cook and read. It’s like you’re involving me in crime!” – Emile
Which of these Ratatouille quotes was your favorite?
As a concept, Ratatouille is an incredibly unique film.
When thinking of a rat in a kitchen, one’s mind does not immediately think of the words charming, hysterically funny, and heartwarming.
And yet, that is what Ratatouille is.
The concept for the story was originally thought up by Jan Pinkava in 2000, before being passed through the hands of director Bob Peterson and finally landing on the lap of the film’s final director, Brad Bird in 2005.
With so many chefs in the kitchen, so to say, it’s surprising Ratatouille ever made it to theaters.
But we are glad it did.
Like all Disney and Pixar collaborations, Ratatouille was an instant family-film classic.
And we can’t wait for the sequel coming out later this year!
Did you enjoy these Ratatouille quotes and lines?
Let us know your favorite quote in the comments below.